Going to Rome and need some advice

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

So in a few days I'll be spending a week in Rome and since it's my first time there, I'd like to know if you guys have any advice on what to see. Just throw in anything you think might be nice to see (or that you enjoyed if you've been to Rome). Doesn't really matter what it is, from the obvious Sistine Chapel to hard-to-find crypts, I'm down for anything =D

Also, overall suggestions (like buying the ticket to the Vatican in advance =P) are appreciated.

Thanks in advance =)

EDIT: Also, photography is one of my hobbies and one I plan on doing while in Rome, so nice places to photograph get extra points ;)

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

Don't go to the catacombs. The tour is short and disappointing. The Pantheon was my favorite landmark. Eat gelato after every meal.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I will be visiting Rome this time next year (hopefully), and Greece. My brother is a teacher and every couple of years he and some others chaperone students for a 10-day trip to these two countries and he asked me to go along...and the best part? The trip is paid for! All I would need is money for food and souvenirs while I'm there.
He's done it a few times in the past, but this will be a first for me.

So, assuming I have a job and enough vacation by this time next year, I will be going. Perhaps at that time I will be asking you for advice on what to see while in Rome. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@judaspete: I'm assuming you mean the Vatican Catacombs, right? I only yesterday found out that you need to get "special permission" that might takes weeks to get, so I'm out of time for those anyway. I'll stop by the Capuchin Crypts under Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini though. For some reason I like those macabre churches =P

@jasean79: Greece and Venice are my next destinations as well =D

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Coliseum is the only place in Roma that I know about.I'd love to visit it but I guess it's just another mirage-like wish for me.

Hey korvus why won't you visit it on my behalf ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

- Sistine Chapel is crowded as heck but still worth seeing. Go see the Trevi Fountain, Chigi Chapel, Colosseum, and Roman Forum too.
- This is obvious but still worth saying: DON'T buy anything in tourist traps. Italy is the worst when it comes to this.
- Castel Sant'Angelo and the Villa Borghese gardens are a must.
- Via dei Condotti is a fun afternoon even if you don't buy anything.
- Stadio Olimpico is an amazing stadium. Either go for a tour or see an event.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

I went when I was a kid in the mid 80's.

The only stuff I remember is seeing the statue of Romulus and Remus feeding from the wolf, the Sistine Chapel, and the Grim Reaper. Idk if I took the Coliseum tour or catacombs tour.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@korvus: This is what's included on my itinerary for two days spent in Rome (might help give you some ideas):

Day 3: Rome

Take a guided tour of Vatican City

Visit the Sistine Chapel

Visit St. Peter’s Basilica

• Day 4: Rome

Take a guided tour of Rome

Visit the Colosseum

Visit the Roman Forum

Take a self-guided walking tour of Rome:

Trevi Fountain

• Pantheon
    • Piazza Navona
    • Spanish Steps

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

Be sure to snap a pic of the Fountain of the Four Rivers.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Enjoy your vacation and remember to fvck some beautiful italian girls on your stay there ^_^

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@elkoldo: I will, and maybe send you some photos =D

@Aljosa23: Great advice; didn't have Chigi Chapel yet (that's in Santa Maria del Popolo, right?) . Also, nice reminder to go easy on souvenirs; I don't normally get many though...my souvenirs are normally several hundred photos I take while there =P

@Boddicker: If I'm getting my references right I think I've got those covered =D

@jasean79: Not big on guided tours, but the destinations sound good. I'll be sure to give you my list once I'm done. Out hotel is close to the Termini station for centralised access and subway access, so I'll be planning accordingly.

@Allicrombie: That's the one at Piazza Navona, right? Yeah, most people just go to Trevi and forget de Quatro Fiummi =D

@indzman: Considering I'm going there on "honeymoon", fucking Italian girls might not be the best idea =P Nevertheless, I appreciate the thought XD

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Allicrombie

@korvus: that's the one ! Gotta love Bernini !

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By elkoldo
@korvus said:

@elkoldo: I will, and maybe send you some photos =D

I'll look forward to that; actually I was gonna ask you to take some photos of yourself (preferably with your baby wife) in the Coliseum and post them here for us ;)

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 elkoldo
@indzman said:

Enjoy your vacation and remember to fvck some beautiful italian girls on your stay there ^_^

@korvus said:
@indzman: Considering I'm going there on "honeymoon", fucking Italian girls might not be the best idea =P Nevertheless, I appreciate the thought XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Allicrombie: He.s done quite a few fountains in Rome, right? And some sculptures (isn't Estasi di Santa Teresa his as well?)

Also, since you've already been to Rome, who's the English there? My Italian is rusty to say the least, so I might have to reply on English. Are people there friendly when you speak English?

@elkoldo: We will probably do that but I probably won't post photos of us here...we both had problems with creepy stalkers in the past (she still does every now and then after her performances) so we try not to get more of them online. It's bad enough the ones we cannot avoid XD

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 elkoldo

@korvus: Well then ,if you send them privately to me ,you'll make me feel like a special person ,like someone valuable ! ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@elkoldo: Man, you really need to work on that passive-aggressiveness XD Just kidding ;)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@elkoldo said:
@indzman said:

@korvus said:

Wifey finds out Korvus sneaking out at night on my idea , GAME OVER FOR KORVUS rofl.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By elkoldo

@korvus: What the heck is even passive-aggressiveness ?!

Edit : I just educated myself !

If that's what you meant korvus , that I'm a passive-aggressive guy ,I ain't gonna change it ,actually I'll do my best to master in this field :P

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
  • The Pantheon
  • Roman Forum
  • Trevi fountain
  • Pizzia Novana
  • Baths of Caracalla
  • Beaches (Just to know what they are like there)

I also recommend the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in person, though Vatican City is an independent state. I still do. Of course, the Roman Colosseum is worth seeing as well.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

As far as Vatican tickets go, I don't know about tickets for the Vatican Museum and places like the Sistine Chapel, but the Pope's Sunday Angelus blessings take place in St. Peter's Square every Sunday and do not require a ticket and his weekly general audiences take place on Wednesday's inside the Paul VI audience hall and require a ticket (but the ticket is free).

Many of the basilicas and churches in Rome do have a bit of a dress code. They require you to be dressed reverently and respectfully to enter.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@korvus Performances? What does your wife do for a living?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@whipassmt: Yep, the whole no exposed knees and shoulders =) I'm not a catholic so I won't be seeing the Pope but the Vatican is still beautiful, even to a non-Christian.

@deeliman: She's a professional musician =)

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@korvus Sounds like an awesome job :P

Anyways, I wouldn't worry, I'm the only one on this forum that lives close enough to stalk you and your wife >:)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@deeliman: That didn't stop the British guy last year XD Besides, she performs all around the world, so it's not hard for the nut jobs to know where to find her or harass her online =) Anyway, let's not derail this since I really want to keep getting feedback on sight-seeing =D

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Kill the Pope.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#27 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Make time to visit the Vatican on multiple occasions, it's really stunning. Also make sure to go exploring as much as they allow. You can find somewhat hidden staircases that lead to amazing places, beautiful architecture, and little things to appreciate that you may miss on a formal tour. Go to the Papal Audience, as well -- that's where I met the pope (for real, I met Benny).

The Colosseum can be conquered in a day, and it's time well spent. Head over to the old Roman forum, too (it's very nearby).

A visit to Basilica di Santa Croce in Gerusalemme is absolutely worth it, regardless of what you believe. There is a shrine in the cellar beneath the church that features a golden cross, inlaid within that cross are large wooden splinters that are said to be from the original cross of Christ. As I mentioned, regardless of what you believe, they take it very seriously and there is a palpable feeling of awe in the air. It's strangely moving.

The national museum is neat, but can be conquered in an afternoon. I was somewhat underwhelmed, but I went at a time when they were doing some construction.

Pick a night and grab a bottle of wine and some glasses, a loaf of good bread and maybe some cheese, and some good friends and enjoy a snack for dinner at Trevi fountain. One of my more memorable nights was spent on the lip of the fountain in this very manner. It was wonderful.

The Pantheon is really neat, but it's especially unique to see a religious service in the building. There's a unique audio quality in the building that makes the entire experience somewhat ethereal, especially considering the fact it's probably being done entirely in Latin.

When you have nothing better to do, or have no big plans, go walking. Go explore back alleys and winding cobblestone roads, old stone walled aqueducts covered in ivy, and small bluffs with beautiful vistas over parts of the city. It's really wonderful.

Getting around in Rome is a snap, the subway system is excellent and it makes going from place to place truly simple for anyone. I had it down within days of arriving.

That's my best advice. I hope it's helpful.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#28 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Eat Pizza!

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

You should attend Berlusconi's famous private "parties". ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@musicalmac: Those are all great and really helpful advice; you've made my photography finger itch =D I was hoping for that kind of feedback. And being born in Lisbon, subway to me is as comfortable and familiar as can be =D Thank you so much for your input.

@behardy24: Check!

@johnd13: Strangely enough that hadn't made its way into my routes...

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

Colosseum simply the best in all of Rome and one my fav.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I've always wanted to see The Vatican.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I know next to nothing about Italy so I can't add anything of value here. Other members seem to have done an exceptional job providing you with more attractions for sightseeing and helping you decide on your itinerary. Hope you'll have an explosive week there :)

Italy is pretty much at the bottom of my countries-to-visit list. I personally find the country and the culture kind of overrated.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@korvus:

I've been there twice

my humble...pfft ,,,,advice ...

1) city looks firmiliar with Assasin's Creed Brotherhood. Many of the buliding in the game still exist in real life

2) beware of pickpockets .... I mean it .... beware

3) Could be hot on summer .... but if entering the Vatican .... no shorts allowed

4) Dont mess with the Swissguard army although they look like a teenager

5) Trust me ... Domino Pizza and Pizza Hut is way better than the local pizza .... don't expect magic

6) the locals are short .... but beautiful

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#35 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@korvus: Killer, glad I could help. And like @hippiesanta said, do beware of pickpockets. I'm glad someone said it, because I had forgotten how aggressive they are. Beware the man with a random piece of cardboard...

@airshocker said:

I've always wanted to see The Vatican.

It's amazing, well-worth the trip if you're going to be in the area or want to see some truly stunning architecture.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

walk to the top of st. peters. it's freaking huge and good view from the top. check out the vatican museum as well

trevi is pretty cool at night because there's a ton of people from all over just hanging out and drinking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@CommandoAgent: One of my friends told me there's no point going inside the Colosseum because there's not much to see. He's probably right but being inside a place I heard so much about is probably worth it =D

@airshocker: Hope you have the opportunity to do so soon =)

@GazaAli: Thanks =D And yeah, not everybody will have an interest in visiting Rome but I think their architecture and the art in there is beautiful, even though I'm not religious myself I do love a good cathedral/basilica/castle etc. Back in Portugal I used to love visiting those sorts of places.

@hippiesanta: Good tips, thanks =D And yeah, I always have my wallet in my front trousers/jeans pocket and in crowds/touristic places I always have my hand in my pocket...still, an invaluable tip ;) Also, everybody gives me this huge list of "real" food I should try while in Italy and I'm sure it's good, but I was wondering if it's not just going to taste the same as everywhere else, so I thought your comment about Pizza Hut was funny =P

@comp_atkins: Will definitely walk the steps =D Want to take a few photos from the top of the Basilica as well (and hopefully sneak a few photos in the Sistine Chapel)

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Allicrombie

@korvus if you're interested in Bernini's works in and around Rome, they are:

San PietroSAltar of the Capella dei Sacramento
SBalconies in the pillars of the dome
SBaldicchino
SCathedra Pietro (apse)
SCiborium above St. Peter's tomb
SConstantine the Great (main landing of Scala Regia)
SPasce Ovesmeas (marble relief inside portico above the central door
APiazza and colonnade
AScala Regia (staircase from Vatican Palace to St. Peter's)
SSt. Longinus (niche of NE pillar of the dome)
SStatues over the colonnades
STomb of Countess Matilda (right aisle)
STomb of Pope Alexander VII
STomb of Pope Urban VII (in Cathedra Pietro)
Ponte Sant' AngeloSAngel sculptures (copies)
Santa Maria in MonserratoSBust of Pedro Foix de Montoya
San Pietro in MontorioSRaimondi Chapel
Piazza NavonaFFontana dei Quattro Diumi
FFontana dei Moro (central sea god)
Sant' AgostinoSTwo angels above the high altar
Palazzo SpadaAWith Borromini
San Lorenzo in Damasco (P.d.Cancelleria)STomb of Alessandro Valtrini (entrance wall)
San Francesco a RipaSEcstacy of Beata Ludovica Albertoni
Porta del PopoloSInner face decoration
FAcqua Acetosa (outside the porta)
Santa Maria del PopoloSSculpture in Raphael's Chigi Chapel
Palazzo MontecitorioABegun by Bernini, completed by Fontana)
San Lorenzo in LucinaSBust of Gabrielle Fonsera (4th chapel on right)
Santa Maria Sopra MinervaSElephant sculpture in piazza
SBust of Giovani Vigevano (left aisle, pillar between 3rd & 4th chapels)
STomb of Carinal Domenico Pimentel (in a narrow passage at the east end of the church)
GesuSMonument to San Roberto Bellarmino
Piazza di SpagnaFFontana della Barroccia
Sant' Andrea delle FratteSAngel with crown of thorns
Palazzo OdescalchiAFacade only
Palazzo Doria PamphiljSBust of Innocent X
Santa Maria in AracoeliSMemorial of Carlo Barberini (on entrance wall)
Memorial inscription for Urban VII (entrance)
Palazzo dei ConservatoriSHead of memorial statue of Carlo Barbarini
SMemorial statue of Pope Urban VIII
Villa BorgheseSAmalthea goat
Piazza BarberiniFFontana di Tritone
FFontana delle Api
Sant' Andrea al QuirinaleA
Palazzo del QuirinaleANarrow wing running along Via del Quirinale only
Santi Domenico & SistoSDecoration of 1st chapel on right, Noli Me Tangere sculpture
Museo e Galleria BorgheseSAeneas, Anchises & Ascanius
SApollo & Daphne
SBusts (2) of Pope Paul V
SBusts of Cardinal Scipione Borghese
SDavid
SGoat Amalthea with Infant (Jupiter or Zeus)
SPluto & Prosperpina
STruth Unveiled by Time
Santa Maria della VittoriaSCornaro Chapel - Ecstacy of St. Theresa
V. Quattro Fontane at V. XX SettembreFQuattro Fontane (one on each of the corners)
Palazzo BarberiniA
Santa PrassedeSTomb of Bishop Giovan Battista Santoni
Santa BibianaAFacade only
SSanta Bibiana (above the high altar)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Allicrombie: Holy thoroughness Batman! *Messes up Alli's hair* Thanks!

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Allicrombie

@korvus: haha, sure. I think everyone has covered most of the hot spots to check out already, but here's a few more.

-The Pantheon

Meaning "Temple of all Gods" in Greek, The Pantheon is arguably the best preserved building from the Roman Empire. It was used as a temple until it became a Catholic Church is the 7th Century.

-Spanish Steps

-Monument to Vittorio Emanuele II

Built to honor the first king of unified Italy, this structure is crafted entirely of chopped white marble. At 135m high, it lies from the Capitoline Hill to the Piazza Venezia and features a massive statue of Vittorio Emanuele alongside two statues of the goddess Victoria riding on quadrigas.

-Castel Sant'Angelo

First built as a mausoleum for Emperor Hadrian and his family but being close to the Vatican, Castle Sant’Angelo was later turned into a castle by the popes. Located on the right bank of the Tiber where the river gets larger the castle is the most impressive element of the beautiful panorama.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Allicrombie

Ostia Antica

Let’s be honest, when you were thinking of what to see in Rome, Ostia Antica probably wasn’t the first site you came across. Yet this underrated gem is one of Rome’s best tourist attractions. Ostia contains the amazingly well preserved remains of Rome’s ancient port – it’s quiet, fascinating and just brilliant to explore.

Villa dei Quintili

Of all the places to visit in Rome, Villa dei Quintili is one of the most forgotten. Yet this ancient villa, once home to Emperor Commodus (the baddie in Gladiator), is captivating. It remains in good nick all-in-all, and you can even see Commodus’ private gladiatorial training arena (not that it did him much good in the film…)

San Clemente

Ever heard of Mithras? If things had gone differently you might be worshipping the guy. A popular Roman deity, there were Mithraeum across the Empire. One example is under the beautiful San Clemente. There’s loads to see in the depths of this church – so when considering what to see in Rome, definitely check this out.

Palatine Hill

Let’s face it, the Palatine Hill was the Primrose Hill of its day – where all those who wanted to see and be seen had a pad. Today it’s among the most visited of Rome’s tourist attractions and houses some of the city’s most impressive ancient sites. Don’t miss the small museum and the houses of Augustus and Livia.

Roman Forum

One of the most famous places to visit in Rome, the Forum was the centre of Roman life. Today it lacks its former grandeur and needs a bit of imagination to really get the idea – until the oft-touted Roman theme park is built of course – but it does have loads to see. There are free tours you can join and these are worthwhile.

Vatican Museums

You can’t come to Rome without visiting the Vatican Museums which are rightfully placed among the top sights in Rome. From frescoes by Raphael and the sarcophagus of the Junius Bassus to the famed Sistine Chapel, they house a comprehensive collection of artwork and historical pieces from throughout history.

Catacombs of San Callisto

Eerie, creepy yet fascinating at the same time, Rome plays host to a number of tucked-away Christian catacombs. The largest crypt belongs to that of San Callisto, which holds half a million bodies and offers tourist a glimpse of the macabre. When considering what to see in Rome, this is certainly one for your left-field list.

Via Appia Antica

If all roads lead to Rome then this was the ancient world’s biggest superhighway and is a key entry on any list of what to see in Rome. Not only was it Rome’s most prominent artery, it was also the burial place of choice for many of Rome’s citizens and today you can see a host of tombs and public buildings.

Hadrian’s Villa

The private residence of one of Rome’s most famous Emperors, it turns out he liked building villas as well as walls. Nowadays the remains of Hadrian’s Villa are a bit of a trek and may not often feature among the top places to visit in Rome. But if you put in the effort, you won’t be disappointed.

Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri

Built by Michelangelo from the surviving structure of the ancient Baths of Diocletian this site has all the ingredients you need for a great place to visit. The sheer scale of this 16th century church gives a good indication of the size of the original baths. One of the more interesting yet underrated tourist attractions in Rome.

The Ara Pacis Museum

A relative newcomer to the list of sites to see in Rome, the Ara Pacis Museum displays the Emperor Augustus’s Altar of Peace. Constructed in 9BC it signified the peace which Augustus had brought to the Empire. It’s an amazing site which is extremely well preserved and thoroughly enthralling.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42  Edited By CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

@korvus said:

@CommandoAgent: One of my friends told me there's no point going inside the Colosseum because there's not much to see. He's probably right but being inside a place I heard so much about is probably worth it =D

@airshocker: Hope you have the opportunity to do so soon =)

@GazaAli: Thanks =D And yeah, not everybody will have an interest in visiting Rome but I think their architecture and the art in there is beautiful, even though I'm not religious myself I do love a good cathedral/basilica/castle etc. Back in Portugal I used to love visiting those sorts of places.

@hippiesanta: Good tips, thanks =D And yeah, I always have my wallet in my front trousers/jeans pocket and in crowds/touristic places I always have my hand in my pocket...still, an invaluable tip ;) Also, everybody gives me this huge list of "real" food I should try while in Italy and I'm sure it's good, but I was wondering if it's not just going to taste the same as everywhere else, so I thought your comment about Pizza Hut was funny =P

@comp_atkins: Will definitely walk the steps =D Want to take a few photos from the top of the Basilica as well (and hopefully sneak a few photos in the Sistine Chapel)

Really? I used live in Italy Fano seeing the Colosseum was worth it :p

It also might make you Horny thinking dirty lol J/K

No Offence mods.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@CommandoAgent: No worries, the Colosseum is definitely in my plans -D

@Allicrombie: *High five* Thanks ^_^

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Allicrombie

@korvus: anytime, doc !

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#45  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@korvus said:

So in a few days I'll be spending a week in Rome and since it's my first time there, I'd like to know if you guys have any advice on what to see. Just throw in anything you think might be nice to see (or that you enjoyed if you've been to Rome). Doesn't really matter what it is, from the obvious Sistine Chapel to hard-to-find crypts, I'm down for anything =D

Also, overall suggestions (like buying the ticket to the Vatican in advance =P) are appreciated.

Thanks in advance =)

EDIT: Also, photography is one of my hobbies and one I plan on doing while in Rome, so nice places to photograph get extra points ;)

Make sure you see some of the absolute gorgeous italian girls :D

But what to see in Rome is alot but there are a few places you have to visit The Pantheon, Colosseum, Vatican, the crypts/catacombs (i dont agree with the one who say the tour was short) and of course Pizza , and taste how all pizza should be made. Good places to take photos is Gianicolo , the best hill to get a good overview of Rome imo, Ponte Sisto stroll is also a very nice way to get good photographic opportunities

Also the best Gelato i have heard is a small place Giolitti between the Pantheon and the italian Parliament which also is a good place to visit.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@korvus: Number one suggestion for visiting Rome is at no point while you're there saying, "When in Rome."

edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts

You want advice. Don't go... :P

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#48  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@elkoldo said:
@indzman said:

@korvus said:

Lol the dog on the left is just...funny lookin' :P

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#49  Edited By Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

Yeah, my advice after being in this country for a month, they aren't very good at driving. So yeah, look both ways I guess.

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

Im shocked that Im the first one to say this, but; When in Rome..

Everything I know about Rome comes from Assassins Creed, but Im extremely jealous of you. On your return, please post pictures. My fiance and I would love to see Rome, and pictures will be the closest we get to for now, lol.