Girl help thread #890023

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by michael_1234576 (8620 posts) -

Yeah so I never thought I post one of these but I need some unbiased advice so here's the story:

A friend of mine that I have known for a few years and whom I regularly flirt with has just informed me that she thinks that I don't pay enough attention to her and that she really likes me despite the fact that we agreed many times that we are just friends and the flirting is all in good fun. I've also spoken to her on numerous occasions about another girl who I had a crush on but who now has a boyfriend and is completely ignoring despite showing interest initially. Now I'm worried that my friend is going to ruin our friendship and probably tell this girl that I'm infatuated with her even though I'm over it, thus making me look bad.

What I need you guys to help me out with here is how can I get my friend to see that I really just want her to be happy and to remain friends without ruining our current friendship?

#2 Posted by konvikt_17 (22308 posts) -

OTgirlproblems.png.

#3 Posted by Darthkaiser (12447 posts) -
Wouldn't it work with your friend? I mean have you considered the possibility?
#4 Posted by johnd13 (8617 posts) -

Just to talk to her. Be honest and challenge her loyalty to you. Like "I thought I could count on you" and stuff. I don' t think you can do anything else apart from talking to her.

#6 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

Maybe one day I'll be here making a thread like this...

Anyway, my opinion would be to tell her gently that you think it's taking a turn you don't want it to take. Break it out in a joking manor if you wish, but get the point across.

#7 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6839 posts) -

I say hit it, your friend that is.

Go for the girl that's actually showing you interest.

#8 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
cant wait for the explanation as to why that post was deleted
#9 Posted by Allicrombie (25359 posts) -
cant wait for the explanation as to why that post was deletedcheese_game619
bad timing?
#10 Posted by johnd13 (8617 posts) -

[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]cant wait for the explanation as to why that post was deletedAllicrombie
bad timing?

proposition to kill someone?

#11 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
bad timing?Allicrombie
no tell me
#12 Posted by Allicrombie (25359 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]bad timing?cheese_game619
no tell me

While I'm not the one who deleted your post, given current events, posts referencing someone being "taken out", and the mention of guns, are in incredibly bad taste and not surprisingly they would be deleted.
#13 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
given current eventsAllicrombie
what a joke pull your fvcking heads in
#14 Posted by super600 (30862 posts) -

Just tell her you like being just friends with her.

#15 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36901 posts) -
Whats the issue with the friend? Why so no go?
#16 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

Guys and girls can't be "just friends" bro. If you really don't want her to like you like that try and hook her up with someone else. And you seriously need to stop flirting with her even if it is just in "all in good fun," you are giving her the wrong impression.

#17 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36901 posts) -

Guys and girls can't be "just friends" bro. If you really don't want her to like you like that try and hook her up with someone else. And you seriously need to stop flirting with her even if it is just in "all in good fun," you are giving her the wrong impression.

-Renegade

ffs

#18 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10296 posts) -

lol at thinking that staying just friends guarantees your friendship forever. sorry to break it to you but at the point where your "just friend" shows interest in bringing it to another leverl, your either accept their request or you lose them eventually. your just friend relationship is already doomed, it doesn't matter how gently you break one's heart, a broken heart can not be unbroken.

#19 Posted by Hatiko (4553 posts) -

BEEEE COOOOOOOOOOOOL. Keep calm and communicate man!

#20 Posted by super600 (30862 posts) -

-Renegade

You seriously are an idiot if you think that's true. I'm just friends with a lot of girls.

#21 Posted by michael_1234576 (8620 posts) -

the funny thing is that we set clearboundaries in that we were strictly just friends and that any flirtation shouldn't be taken seriously..tbh i would hit it but i like having her as a friend and that would just hurt her more in the long run.

#22 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6608 posts) -
Lock her in the basement so she cant interfere. Make sure to feed her though. Sunlights not necessary but its probably better unless you want to break her sanity. She'll need a bucket too
#23 Posted by Diablo-B (4052 posts) -
Is this friend of your unattractive? Why arent you hitting it?
#24 Posted by TehFuneral (8059 posts) -

BEEEE COOOOOOOOOOOOL. Keep calm and communicate man!

Hatiko

Best advice.

Prop up good man!

#25 Posted by GazaAli (23515 posts) -
Friends with benefits. /thread.