This topic is locked from further discussion.

fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 fnevaeva
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts

First, gamespot won't allow Hitlers name as a topic. Which is dumb.Anywho, does anyone else believe Hitler(or Germany) could have won WWII if they hadn't attack so many countrys at one time?

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
There are so many factors that came into play and so many what if scenario's.. short answer is yes.. however things didn't turn out differently, thankfully.
fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fnevaeva
I think it would've been nice. Personally, I think he had a good plan. And at least he was bringing Germany to prosperity unlike Obama has been doing. Also, at least he was trying to conquer the world. Now that's a sweet plan. Being neutral is too boring and there is no conquest aka France fail.
rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

i don't know all the details, but i think that germany would've been close to winning if they had not undergone operation barbarossa, so that they could divert more resources to the western front. then again, russia would've likely attacked germany at some point anyway

another factor to take into consideration is america's development of the a-bomb. the us could've used the a-bomb on germany to make them sumbit like they did to japan even if germany had taken over europe. then again, i don't how close germany was to developing the a-bomb, so maybe they could've had their own to counter the us

another factor to take into consideration is the tenuos axis alliance. they weren't as coordinated as the allies, so even if germany had taken over europe i doubt they could keep their position stable

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
If Hitler didn't betray Stalin, I think it we'd all be speaking Russian or German.
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
If hitler could see into the future, and the allied forces were to somehow NOT change how they react to the changes he made to his battleplan that failed?
quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts
They had pretty uniforms and great technology but unfortunately their leader was mentally ill and took pleasure in needlessly killing innocents on a mass scale. The way the came back from ruins of WWI and the whole plight almost gives you a ounce of rooting for the 'underdog" but the rest of the story makes it disgusting.
fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fnevaeva
They had pretty uniforms and great technology but unfortunately their leader was mentally ill and took pleasure in needlessly killing innocents on a mass scale. The way the came back from ruins of WWI and the whole plight almost gives you a ounce of rooting for the 'underdog" but the rest of the story makes it disgusting. quadraleap
I'm purely talking about his conquest to rule the world and the war. Killing Jews wasn't the only reason Russia, US, Canada, Britain, and a few others started attacking Germany or I should say, the Axis.
quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts
[QUOTE="quadraleap"]They had pretty uniforms and great technology but unfortunately their leader was mentally ill and took pleasure in needlessly killing innocents on a mass scale. The way the came back from ruins of WWI and the whole plight almost gives you a ounce of rooting for the 'underdog" but the rest of the story makes it disgusting. fnevaeva
I'm purely talking about his conquest to rule the world and the war. Killing Jews wasn't the only reason Russia, US, Canada, Britain, and a few others started attacking Germany or I should say, the Axis.

Not attacking Russia would have bought him some time....but I think eventually (without going into details) they would have lost.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
I think in the end UK would have held on and eventually the Allies would have won. Germany really couldn't have invaded Britain unless they spent a few more years building up a suitable navy and upgrading their airfoce and they'd have to deal with the fact the US would eventually get a nuke since that aspect of the war would remain unchanged. Hitler was kind of credit to allies in the regard that he f*cked up his own war effort so much.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#11 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Was it WW1 or 2 when they turned around and bitch slapped France without warning?
Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
If they didn't have an Eastern campaign, and kept Stalin onside things may have been a lot different.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

With Hitler in charge? There's no way Germany would've won WW2. Now, if a junta of Germany's best generals were in charge? Perhaps.

There's good reason why the Allies chose not to assasinate Hitler He's better alive leading Germany to ruin than dead and being a martyr.

Damn Glitchspot again......

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44547 Posts
nope, I think eventually it will come down the Russians invading Berlin and Hitler committing suicide in a ditch covered in gasoline, on his honeymoon but I know people like to argue otherwise because it's just transparent they wish they could live in his racially cleansed society where all others are slave to the fascist superiority
Avatar image for jesuschristmonk
jesuschristmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jesuschristmonk
Member since 2009 • 3308 Posts

I think if Germany didn't invade Russia at all they would've gone far (not sure how far the Nazi's really would've gone). Just from that, they had to worry about a huge super power from the East, and a few major powers from the West. 

If they had Russia as an ally, the allies probably would have been screwed.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jun_aka_pekto

Was it WW1 or 2 when they turned around and bitch slapped France without warning?SolidSnake35

I thought it was the Franco-Prussian War of 1870.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

I think it would've been nice. Personally, I think he had a good plan. And at least he was bringing Germany to prosperity unlike Obama has been doing. Also, at least he was trying to conquer the world. Now that's a sweet plan. Being neutral is too boring and there is no conquest aka France fail.fnevaeva

o_____O

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooow history class in america needs a serious redo if THAT's what the common consensus is. YES he brought the world the Autobahn, and YES, unemployee quotes were very low at that time, but if you want to give up everything you are, your freedom of speech, your opinion, your life you lived, your personal right and everything else for the oh so called "prosperity" and call THAT prosperity you might as well move to North Korea in recent days.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

They might have conquered Europe, but the american continent would be untouched

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Probably not. The Soviet Union had always planned to break the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, but was waiting to build up its forces. So the Nazi's attacking first was probably to their benefit as the Russians were caught with their pants down. If the Soviets and Nazis never came into conflict though, then maybe Germany could have won. I doubt they could have taken the UK, but they could have easily used the forces that would have been deployed on the eastern front to fortify against any kind of allied invasion and help western Europe. I don't know how the U.S. nuclear program would have effected the war in this scenario, but I doubt they would have been willing to nuke half of Europe to drive the Nazi's back (the U.S. were reluctant to even join the European theater to begin with).

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jun_aka_pekto

Probably not. The Soviet Union had always planned to break the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, but was waiting to build up its forces. So the Nazi's attacking first was probably to their benefit as the Russians were caught with their pants down. If the Soviets and Nazis never came into conflict though, then maybe Germany could have won. I doubt they could have taken the UK, but they could have easily used the forces that would have been deployed on the eastern front to fortify against any kind of allied invasion and help western Europe. I don't know how the U.S. nuclear program would have effected the war in this scenario, but I doubt they would have been willing to nuke half of Europe to drive the Nazi's back (the U.S. were reluctant to even join the European theater to begin with).

redstorm72

The behavior of the major combatants were dictated by tit for tat. The Luftwaffe started bombing major cities which brought a similar response from the Allies (who in turn, turned that up a notch). The Waffen SS didn't like taking prisoners. The Allies often gave orders not to take any SS prisoner. Brutalities by Axis troops (especially in the Pacific and Eastern Front) sometimes sparked brutalities by Allied troops.....and so on.

Germany had an atomic bomb program of its own. If Hitler got his hands on an atomic bomb, he would've been crazy enough to use it. If one side used it, then that's the go-ahead signal for the other side to use it as well.

Opi0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Opi0us
Member since 2013 • 172 Posts

The only way Germany would have won would have been if they stuck to the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact and stayed allies with a neutral Russia.

If he had done that though Stalin would have smashed Hitler and Germany to pieces one the Western Europen war was over.Â