Generally, after how many dates do you ask a girl to be your girlfriend?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
For guys, answer how many dates did you have before asking her to be your girlfriend and what was the hiatus period between each date. For girls, if you will, please answer how many dates would you rather have before being comfortable enough to accept.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
I've never really asked....it just happened.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

One, I knew my girlfriend for a while before I starting going out with her.

Tim_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Tim_Q
Member since 2005 • 1963 Posts

Well you could be like a highschooler and do that whole "Will you be my girlfriend????" speil, but personally I find that ridiculous. It makes things awkward, as if things are all of a sudden different when in reality things are exactly as they were before you asked and became 'official'. What I would do instead is continue going on dates and eventually become exclusive..this is usually done when the two of you talk amongst each other that you feel you two should be the only people you're seeing and you're no longer going on dates with other girls/guys and that it's becoming a some what serious relationship.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#5 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

i havent gotten to ask, because i've always known after a few dates with the girls i've been with that it wasnt going to work out.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

None, I've actually never been on a *date*, she'd normally hang out at my house or we'd hang out in school and it would just happen. Then again I've only had two GFS in my life.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 th3warr1or
The thing is, I've been friends with this chick for like 7years.. I suddenly decided that she's the one I'm gonna marry(even though I'm probably not, if it doesn't work out) and I want to ask her to be my girlfriend after we're "close" enough... It's like a mountain; we started off as normal friends, then became really close, but I we were still early teens then and I was just "okay", and now when we're kinda going down again I suddenly fell for her.. =/
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#8 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

The thing is, I've been friends with this chick for like 7years.. I suddenly decided that she's the one I'm gonna marry(even though I'm probably not, if it doesn't work out) and I want to ask her to be my girlfriend after we're "close" enough... It's like a mountain; we started off as normal friends, then became really close, but I we were still early teens then and I was just "okay", and now when we're kinda going down again I suddenly fell for her.. =/ th3warr1or
well do you think she reciprocates those feelings? have you slept together? has she ever expressed any feelings of wanting to be with you?

Tim_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tim_Q

Going off of that dude, you definitely don't want to do the 'be my girlfriend' approach. Being friends for that long is already a delicate situation, esspeically for a girl..they're the ones who really take that "I DON'T WANT TO RUIN OUR FRIENDSHIP" thing seriously...and by adding the stress of popping a question like that could very easily blow it for you. I say go out and slowly work into it. The key is to make sure she knows they're dates, and by the end of the third one you should be kissing. DO NOT take that as a sign of being boyfriend/girlfriend/exclusive however. You two must talk that out later down the road, whenever that may be.

Akawoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Akawoa
Member since 2008 • 812 Posts

The thing is, I've been friends with this chick for like 7years.. I suddenly decided that she's the one I'm gonna marry(even though I'm probably not, if it doesn't work out) and I want to ask her to be my girlfriend after we're "close" enough... It's like a mountain; we started off as normal friends, then became really close, but I we were still early teens then and I was just "okay", and now when we're kinda going down again I suddenly fell for her.. =/ th3warr1or

Take things slow, as posted above, eventually the two of you will discuss exclusivity. It's easy to fall for a girl that you like, that would be classified as enfatuation though, as the two of you haven't semingly shared all that many romantic experiences with one another. Give it time, going from friends to a couple is a double edged sword, you have to reevaluate how the two of you feel around one another. Most importantly, don't overthink the process or try to force it, relationhips are born out of confidence, trust, and natural flow.

Tim_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tim_Q

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]The thing is, I've been friends with this chick for like 7years.. I suddenly decided that she's the one I'm gonna marry(even though I'm probably not, if it doesn't work out) and I want to ask her to be my girlfriend after we're "close" enough... It's like a mountain; we started off as normal friends, then became really close, but I we were still early teens then and I was just "okay", and now when we're kinda going down again I suddenly fell for her.. =/ Akawoa

Take things slow, as posted above, eventually the two of you will discuss exclusivity. It's easy to fall for a girl that you like, that would be classified as enfatuation though, as the two of you haven't semingly shared all that many romantic experiences with one another. Give it time, going from friends to a couple is a double edged sword, you have to reevaluate how the two of you feel around one another. Most importantly, don't overthink the process or try to force it, relationhips are born out of confidence, trust, and natural flow.

Bingo bango. As I said before, anything to abrupt or forceful will most likely put her into panic mode. Make it very natural and smooth and HAVE FUN WITH IT. Don't over think it with the whole "omg is she the one I'll marry??" just go on dates, and if it works out, great, and if it doesn't that's also great because you now have grown as a person and are one more relationship closer to the one that really counts

perphekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 perphekt
Member since 2009 • 1096 Posts
I'm a girl, but i like... girls... therefore i'm answering the first question. and the answer is, whenever i feel comfy with it. girls cling to me... therefore i usually get asked out rather soon in the friendship, but i've never said yes... simply cause it's always been too soon that they've asked or brought it up. so i think every gf i've had which has been 9, counting the girl i'm with now, it's always been about a week or so, gives me time to feel her out (no pun intended) and see if it's going anywhere or if it's a dead end.
Cactus_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cactus_Matt
Member since 2008 • 8604 Posts

For me it was kind of just a mutual feeling between us, it wasn't very long though, a week or so.

Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I kissed her and she instantly became my GF
reedler1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#15 reedler1234
Member since 2004 • 1013 Posts

mate you shouldnt have to ask, it'll just happen. if you kiss her or summink, you two just KNOW that you're toghter.. dont ask her to "be your girlfriend", you two will just knoww alreayd that youre together.

lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts

It just happens.

shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]The thing is, I've been friends with this chick for like 7years.. I suddenly decided that she's the one I'm gonna marry(even though I'm probably not, if it doesn't work out) and I want to ask her to be my girlfriend after we're "close" enough... It's like a mountain; we started off as normal friends, then became really close, but I we were still early teens then and I was just "okay", and now when we're kinda going down again I suddenly fell for her.. =/ Akawoa

If he goes too slow someone might beat him to the punch. What the hell...why not ask her?

Avatar image for deactivated-6224e9178325f
deactivated-6224e9178325f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6224e9178325f
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts

After a few dates you can usually tell if it's going to work out or not.

monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
the point where you can both say to each other "i love you" and mean it
Fandangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fandangle
Member since 2003 • 3433 Posts

Just happens, never had to ask.

tomo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 tomo90
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts

I don't ask. If you get past the 1st date and onto a second then its pretty much a given.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
Was pretty much clear that after 2nd or 3rd date for me... Dunno if it will be like that next time.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 th3warr1or

Going off of that dude, you definitely don't want to do the 'be my girlfriend' approach. Being friends for that long is already a delicate situation, esspeically for a girl..they're the ones who really take that "I DON'T WANT TO RUIN OUR FRIENDSHIP" thing seriously...and by adding the stress of popping a question like that could very easily blow it for you. I say go out and slowly work into it. The key is to make sure she knows they're dates, and by the end of the third one you should be kissing. DO NOT take that as a sign of being boyfriend/girlfriend/exclusive however. You two must talk that out later down the road, whenever that may be.

Tim_Q

Well you could be like a highschooler and do that whole "Will you be my girlfriend????" speil, but personally I find that ridiculous. It makes things awkward, as if things are all of a sudden different when in reality things are exactly as they were before you asked and became 'official'. What I would do instead is continue going on dates and eventually become exclusive..this is usually done when the two of you talk amongst each other that you feel you two should be the only people you're seeing and you're no longer going on dates with other girls/guys and that it's becoming a some what serious relationship.

Tim_Q
Only problem is... if I don't ask her, will she actually KNOW that it's a date? You do seem to know what you're saying though, and that looks like really sound advice to me lol.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
LISTEN FELLAS. never ask her to be your gf. when the time comes introduce her as one. if she isnt with it shell tell ya. if not its kew
wii4panta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 wii4panta
Member since 2007 • 2886 Posts
I never date girls. They just ask me to marry them and I go for it.
Cookigaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cookigaki
Member since 2009 • 690 Posts
When Cookigaki's on a date, Cookigaki usually asked his date if she have a boy friend. Cookigaki expect his date to answer.. "In front of me" "Do you wanna be mine" If she says no..Cookigaki will asked if she wants one. Then PRESTO! Cookigaki go homes empty handed and disappointed. Just like everyone says - You must be patience like a Ninja.
Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
I asked my fiancee to be my girlfriend on our first date because me and her talked for 3 months before we even went on a date.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
I've never really asked....it just happened.AAllxxjjnn
This. After the first date I generally ask if they'd like to do something again but that's about it.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

It depends. If she's hinting clear as day she wants you, I'd say 2. If not, 3. 4 at the most though.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 th3warr1or
LISTEN FELLAS. never ask her to be your gf. when the time comes introduce her as one. if she isnt with it shell tell ya. if not its kewweezyfb
But if she says she isn't, in public.. that's gonna be a serious embarrassment to you(me).
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
I've never asked outright. You just kinda...end up there.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
I usually ask out a girl, then date her.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

A billion...atleast.

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

It just happens there isnt a set number. If she likes you it wont be more than a couple dates at most

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 th3warr1or

It just happens there isnt a set number. If she likes you it wont be more than a couple dates at most

Colin1192
I'm a little afraid that she's accepting because she just treats me as a friend(we've been friends since Elementary school, all the way until i've finished High school and she's finishing it this year)...
Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

[QUOTE="Colin1192"]

th3warr1or

I'm a little afraid that she's accepting because she just treats me as a friend(we've been friends since Elementary school, all the way until i've finished High school and she's finishing it this year)...

If this isthe case chances are your in the "friend zone". Once your in the friend zone it's very difficult to get out. Your quest may be over even before it begins

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
[QUOTE="weezyfb"]LISTEN FELLAS. never ask her to be your gf. when the time comes introduce her as one. if she isnt with it shell tell ya. if not its kewth3warr1or
But if she says she isn't, in public.. that's gonna be a serious embarrassment to you(me).

well if she was considerate she would tell you later aside :P if not oh well
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 th3warr1or
Goddamn it.. that's why I hate making friends. lol...That blows.. =/
[QUOTE="th3warr1or"][QUOTE="weezyfb"]LISTEN FELLAS. never ask her to be your gf. when the time comes introduce her as one. if she isnt with it shell tell ya. if not its kewweezyfb

well if she was considerate she would tell you later aside :P if not oh well

Tbh, if not. I think then she's not worth pursuing huh? Yeahyeah. that's what i keep telling myself.. lol..
shaunk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shaunk89
Member since 2009 • 945 Posts

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"][QUOTE="Colin1192"]

Colin1192

If this isthe case chances are your in the "friend zone". Once your in the friend zone it's very difficult to get out. Your quest may be over even before it begins

indeed. the friend zone is like being in a strip club. looky, but no touchy.

if you don't mind possibly ruining the friendship, then you should probably start trying to hang out with her more, just the two of you. i mean stuff like take her for dinner, take her to the movies, to the theatre etc etc. and always pay for her. that's pretty much the "date" signal, if there were to be one. I go out with girls all the time for that kind of stuff, but only ever pay for the ones i'm interested in, and want to "date". thing is, if she isn't interested in the same way you are, attempting to "date" her can make things extremely difficult between you, culminating in the almost inevitable "look, i really like you. as more than a friend" conversation.

from what i gather you are on tricky ground my friend. there isn't really a fool-proof method to success. it's 90% what she feels, 9% luck, 1% what you do. so on the plus side, what you do has limited effect...if she likes you, she's going to like you pretty much no matter what...and vice versa, unfortunately.

best of luck though.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
i think gone are the days when i guy ill just casually ask a girl to be his GF. usually now you both just kinda know, after having gone out together for a while you just know. shes spending all her time with you, calling you to see how youre doing, just being MORE thoughtful than a normal friend would be. if you arent totally blind you should be able to pick up on it. but you cant fret over how many dates you should pop the question....its just whenever you have theat understanding between each other.....and believe me you WILL know
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

There is no set number, you just agree. I was bf/gf with my girlfriend two days before our first official "date."

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="Colin1192"]

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"] I'm a little afraid that she's accepting because she just treats me as a friend(we've been friends since Elementary school, all the way until i've finished High school and she's finishing it this year)... shaunk89

indeed. the friend zone is like being in a strip club. looky, but no touchy.

if you don't mind possibly ruining the friendship, then you should probably start trying to hang out with her more, just the two of you. i mean stuff like take her for dinner, take her to the movies, to the theatre etc etc. and always pay for her. that's pretty much the "date" signal, if there were to be one. I go out with girls all the time for that kind of stuff, but only ever pay for the ones i'm interested in, and want to "date". thing is, if she isn't interested in the same way you are, attempting to "date" her can make things extremely difficult between you, culminating in the almost inevitable "look, i really like you. as more than a friend" conversation.

from what i gather you are on tricky ground my friend. there isn't really a fool-proof method to success. it's 90% what she feels, 9% luck, 1% what you do. so on the plus side, what you do has limited effect...if she likes you, she's going to like you pretty much no matter what...and vice versa, unfortunately.

best of luck though.

So I think I'm doing the right thing anyway. I offered to take her for ice cream and a movie as a stress reliever once her exams are over and she said okay... I'm probably gonna end up saying something corny like "We should do this more often..." lol...
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
You just keep on going on dates, and then you realize that your going out. This is for college or out of college people For High School, you do kind of have to ask, and then you put it on facebook and stuff, but its alright.
Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
Date? If she winks at you, that's your girl.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 th3warr1or
[QUOTE="C-Lee"]You just keep on going on dates, and then you realize that your going out. This is for college or out of college people For High School, you do kind of have to ask, and then you put it on facebook and stuff, but its alright.

I'm not gonna do the "facebook" make it public stuff. Because if she knows that I like her, and she's actually continuing to go out with me(hopefully, she'll like me too).. and she actually goes out with another guy and says that "I never asked her to be my girlfriend" and so we're not officially and that, then I'll probably be able to let her go because I hate girls who do that.
bakalhau90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bakalhau90
Member since 2004 • 2264 Posts
You Americans are weird lol.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
Before the first.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 th3warr1or
You Americans are weird lol.bakalhau90
I'm actually not American.
bakalhau90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bakalhau90
Member since 2004 • 2264 Posts
[QUOTE="bakalhau90"]You Americans are weird lol.th3warr1or
I'm actually not American.

UK? I don't understand this dating stuff that's all, there's none of that where I live. At least not with the SAME meaning. I go out with a girl every day, it's almost a routine, I must've gone out a hundred times with her already but that's no reason to ask her if she wants to be my girlfriend. If it happens then good... I say Americans because I mostly read them talking about dates.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I've only gone on "Dates" with girls I was going out with at the time.

The closest thing to this, was I was at my friend's house (Girl, and she had a bunch of her friends over) with a bunch of my friends. Then somehow this girl and I started hugging each other, and holding hands (I knew her from school obviously), and then I was going to ask her out the next time I saw her, but her friends told me that she was talking about me all night. So I called her up, and asked her out.

It wasn't really a date, but sure.