Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

@sSubZerOo:

I can't read all that. Could you sum it up for me in less than 1000 words?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#152 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@richietickles: @sSubZerOo: Watch the quote chain, guys, otherwise I'll have to start deleting posts.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@richietickles said:

Because it is not the will of nature or of nature's God.

The American nation was created because of the manifestation of natural rights to a worthy people, but when the desire to call something it is not is in violation of natural law, the contract made between God and the people is void and history has shown what has happened to nations and peoples in violation of natural law.

Perdition.

EDIT: Which is fine, cuz it'll be fun to watch.

So an appeal to nature argument (which is a logical fallacy).

And appealing to a god of which there is no evidence of existing.

@richietickles said:

"Cool" doesn't equal right. You want to be wrong, I've no beef with that, but I know I am right because thousands of years of collective human civilization tells me so.

And an appeal to tradition as well. (And holy hell its false as well)

Maybe if you commit more logical fallacies maybe we will believe you.

@richietickles said:

I don't see those tribes around anymore. Wonder what happened to them?

Religion happened, Thankfully, we are moving further and further away from religion now, into secularism and enlightenment. The rise of internet has only sped up this process, as dogma can only truly survive in an echo chamber, which the very nature of the internet is the opposite of. As others have said before me, the internet is the place where religion comes to die.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#154 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@Maroxad said:

And at least as far as the Judeo-Christian God is concerned, evidence suggest an evolution from pre-existing polytheistic religions.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Maroxad said:

And at least as far as the Judeo-Christian God is concerned, evidence suggest an evolution from pre-existing polytheistic religions.

Hell I would be fine with many of these religious people wearing god on their sleeves if they were CONSISTENT.... Jesus and the Bible speaks out numerous times about greed and the sin of materialism.. Yet where is the Christian outrage? In fact the party that wears god on their sleeves is the very same party that promotes the wealthy and basically demonizes the poor.. What in the hell?

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts

Why are people penning essays in response to an obvious troll

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@sSubZerOo said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@Maroxad said:

Hell I would be fine with many of these religious people wearing god on their sleeves if they were CONSISTENT.... Jesus and the Bible speaks out numerous times about greed and the sin of materialism.. Yet where is the Christian outrage? In fact the party that wears god on their sleeves is the very same party that promotes the wealthy and basically demonizes the poor.. What in the hell?

Most Christians don't understand Christianity in either a historical or theological sense, it's simply family tradition.

Like, ask a Christian who J, E, and P are and watch their eyes roll back.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By RichieTickles

@Maroxad said:
@richietickles said:

Because it is not the will of nature or of nature's God.

The American nation was created because of the manifestation of natural rights to a worthy people, but when the desire to call something it is not is in violation of natural law, the contract made between God and the people is void and history has shown what has happened to nations and peoples in violation of natural law.

Perdition.

EDIT: Which is fine, cuz it'll be fun to watch.

So an appeal to nature argument (which is a logical fallacy).

@richietickles said:

"Cool" doesn't equal right. You want to be wrong, I've no beef with that, but I know I am right because thousands of years of collective human civilization tells me so.

And an appeal to tradition as well. (And holy hell its false as well)

Maybe if you commit more logical fallacies maybe we will believe you.

@richietickles said:

I don't see those tribes around anymore. Wonder what happened to them?

Religion happened, Thankfully, we are moving further and further away from religion now, into secularism and enlightenment. The rise of internet has only sped up this process, as dogma can only truly survive in an echo chamber, which the very nature of the internet is the opposite of. As others have said before me, the internet is the place where religion comes to die.

That's all stuff you believe and that's fine. You can accept the new age of whatever you want to call it, but it will be the end of you. The new age of no religion will destroy civilizations starting with yours first.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Maroxad

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Maroxad said:

Have you played any Shin Megami Tensei games? I strictly recall Devil Survivor making reference to the polytheistic days of the early middle eastern religions. Before the worship of the other gods were outlawed, and eventually retconned.

A while back I showed this video to a friend, he seriously reconsidered his beliefs after that.

Loading Video...
@Abbeten said:

Why are people penning essays in response to an obvious troll

Because it is fun.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#160 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

And gay anthem here we come!

Loading Video...

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

Well, though I'm religious and opposed to gay marriage, all I can say is this: Congratulations on making all marriage equal, America.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 br0kenrabbit

@Maroxad said:

Have you played any Shin Megami Tensei games? I strictly recall Devil Survivor making reference to the polytheistic days of the early middle eastern religions. Before the worship of the other gods were outlawed, and eventually retconned.

A while back I showed this video to a friend, he seriously reconsidered his beliefs after that.

Because it is fun.

I'm not fond of Japanese games so no, I haven't played it. May watch the video later, doing a few things at once ATM, lol.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch: Please explain how minorities aren't equal?

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 RichieTickles

@angeldeb82 said:

Well, though I'm religious and opposed to gay marriage, all I can say is this: Congratulations on making all marriage equal, America.

American Exceptionalism.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Maroxad

@AM-Gamer said:

• LGBT people couldnt serve in the military without fear of being ratted out.
  • Homosexuals couldnt marry.
  • Even today, the police uses some profiling to unfairly target individuals.
RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 RichieTickles

@Maroxad said:
@AM-Gamer said:

Even today, the police uses some profiling to unfairly target individuals.

Oh, it's back to every cop is a racist bigot who's trying to find any excuse to blow a minority away now are we? Where you get these bullet points from? Your Polysci professor?

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@richietickles said:
@Maroxad said:
@AM-Gamer said:

Oh, it's back to every cop is a racist bigot who's trying to find any excuse to blow a minority away now are we? Where you get these bullet points from? Your Polysci professor?

You didn't read that huge report that was issued months ago?

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 RichieTickles

@-God- said:
@richietickles said:
@Maroxad said:
@AM-Gamer said:

You didn't read that huge report that was issued months ago?

If it was that big, no. Can't pay attention anymore

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11607315/Humans-have-shorter-attention-span-than-goldfish-thanks-to-smartphones.html

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By AM-Gamer

@Maroxad:

1. They can serve in the military

2. They can get married

3. Black people kill white people 25x more then whites kill blacks. But somehow that always seems to get over looked?

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

They're less likely to be called back after a job interview when competing against similar candidates.

People with "black names" are less likely to be hired.

If a black man and white man commit a crime, the black one is more likely to be convicted.

and if both are convicted, the black one is more likely to get a longer sentence.

Soft "red lining" still goes on.

This is just off the top of my head.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#171 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

And Gamespot changed its logo, it's all rainbow-y now...I can already see the masses complaining about "gayspot" =P

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#172 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

DAT GS logo! Way to go!

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#173 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

Time to spruce up some gayness in this thread.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Maroxad

@richietickles said:
@Maroxad said:
@AM-Gamer said:

Way to take what I said out of proportion.

Every cop is not a racist bigot, and nowhere did I say that. However, that doesnt change the fact that it does happen.

1. Don't Ask Don't tell was a thing. It got repealed though, but many people were still discharged unfairly.
  2. That is what this case was about, was it not? And it wasnt until today, homosexuals finally got to marry like everyone else.
  3. The fact is we have academic articles on police racial profiling should be enough evidence that it happens. Seriously just google scholar it.

The first 2 were things that happened in the past. But still left damage done for today.

And killings dont justify racial profiling. The fact of the matter is, racial profiling by default means that people of all ethnicities are not treated equally.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

The tears from Conservatives will be delicious.

I hope you're talking about social conservatives because I have no problem with gay love.

Also:

Loading Video...

SamusBeliskner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 SamusBeliskner
Member since 2015 • 569 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@samusbeliskner: You call all conservatives duggars? I'm speaking to a uneducated baboon I see but I will try anyways. The ACA won't lower the deficit. How about let's seeing how it goes first before your spoon fed everything you read. The fact is hospitals can charge whatever they want. They have over 1000% Mark up on some of the services they provide. If you have to stay ONE night in a hospital it cost more then a premium sweet in Vegas. So make no mistake I think there is NOTHING wrong everyone being able to receive healthcare. But not regulating what they will charge you is a big enough mistake it can sink the whole thing. The ones who benefit the most from this are hospitals. They can literally charge whatever they want and the taxpayers will fit the bill.

Your view on ISIS is a classic case of someone who doesn't understand there culture. American capitalism or anything that resembles it breeds more hatred. They have no desire for a better economy and they have no desire to be like the US.

They want free rain over the nation of Islam and they want the US to stay out of there business while they take it over. They are destroying there own ancient landmarks and selling them to museums to fund there war. They murder there own people daily for whatever reason they choose. So what's going to fix that? Are we going to allow them build IPhones over there? Will that make it better? Let's ignore the fact they have been killing each other over there for 100s of years and think free trade is all of a sudden going to fix things.

Ps. I hate the fuckin duggars but if all conservatives are the duggers I guess all libs are the Kardashians.

You duggers wouldn't know a fact if it smacked you in the face. Arguing with a dugger is like arguing with a creationist. They put their fingers in their ears and chant "evolution is a lie. There are not transitional fossils", despite the fact that there are thousands. blah blah blah blah blah. Too bad, dugger. It's right there in black and white. Not only will Obamacare lower the deficit, repealing it will increase the deficit, straight from the CBO.

ISIS is a Muslim problem. There are plenty of powerful Muslim countries in the region who can handle 20,000 ISIS fighters. Maybe next time you duggers will think twice about voting for idiots *Reagan and Bush Jr.) who created both ISIS and Al-Qaeda. Do I have to post the video of Reagan meeting with Al-Qaeda in the white house? Yea, I think I will!

Loading Video...

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@richietickles said:

Goodbye America. It was nice knowing you before you were fundamentally transformed.

Why? Because this is a score in favor of Americans who want the government to stay the **** out of their business? Because people of another sexual orientation are allowed to be happy?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#178 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@Desmonic said:

However my nieces, which are still in primary school, don't even question it. That is the status quo for them, gay marriage is just like any old thing that might as well have existed for 1000's of years! And that is amazing to see honestly! :)

This is what I am most looking forward to, as well. I'll be like 50 or whatever and my kids or grandkids will ask me what it was like because they're doing a paper for school, and I will tell them....and they will not be able to comprehend it, and it is perfect that they cannot.

I mean, I know racism exists and have witnessed it, but I can't comprehend/imagine the Jim Crow laws, separate areas for blacks, or any of that.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 mrbojangles25

@Solaryellow said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@Solaryellow said:

The issue was nothing more than a way to take people's minds off of important issues. The government should not be involved in marriage. Period. Unless you are a gay American who wanted to get married, your life isn't effected by this ruling or the actions of this ruling contrary to what some want us to believe.

... No one gives a shit what you think.. Because the fact of the matter is the government provides numerous tax, healthcare, financial to numerous other changes and unique benefits that occur when a couple is married.. These things have existed long before gay marriage was legalized.. The government has been involved with marriage far before this.

You are the exact schmuck I am talking about. This issue is pushed as if it is the most important thing out there and people like you ignore the extreme issues facing our nation today. That's exactly what the shot callers want. They want weak-minded people like you. The government does not need to be involved in marriage today, yesterday or ever. As long as you like the particular discrimination instituted by the government than it is O.K., yes? Why is anyone getting a break based on particulars? Aren't we all supposed to be equal?

BTW, if you can not ascertain, I'll tell you this is a decision I support.

I agree there are greater issues, and tbh I think it is a little "rude" (not the right word, but whatever) given the recent tragedy that happened in and to the US.

Still, you need to take the small (and not so small) victories when you can get them. Most of existence is depressing, annoying, and worse; it is nice to see things like this, and we could use more of them.

Who knows, maybe in a few years, when Satan DOESN'T take over the world, conservatives will loosen up a bit and start acting progressive and logical instead of backwards-thinking and emotional.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 mrbojangles25

@lostrib said:
@Shadow4020 said:

I'm genuinely surprised this thread isn't blowing up. Either OT is dead or gay marriage is finally not a big deal.

OT is dead

This is the first time I've posted (or felt like posting) in years, or whenever the Great Tragic Forum Website Overhaul of 20__ was.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

GS, great logo.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Maroxad

@mrbojangles25 said:

I agree there are greater issues, and tbh I think it is a little "rude" (not the right word, but whatever) given the recent tragedy that happened in and to the US.

Still, you need to take the small (and not so small) victories when you can get them. Most of existence is depressing, annoying, and worse; it is nice to see things like this, and we could use more of them.

Who knows, maybe in a few years, when Satan DOESN'T take over the world, conservatives will loosen up a bit and start acting progressive and logical instead of backwards-thinking and emotional.

I agree with what you say. And while it is not a big victory but the spoils of war are there nonetheless.

• With gay marriage out of the way, politicians can focus on other, more important matters. This issue will no longer be good for vote farming.
  • Gay marriage is profitable. Case in point, see how NYC profited from legalizing gay marriage.
  • Marriage should improve stability between couples. Which will in turn, be good for general health.
  • Marriage may encourage more adoptions. Less money needs to be invested in orphanages.

Hopefully we will deal with the bigger issues now.

@plageus900 said:

I hope you're talking about social conservatives because I have no problem with gay love.

Pretty sure he is.

I dont think most people here have any issues with your typical conservative. Just the social conservative. And I dislike them for the same reason I dislike SJWs.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 AM-Gamer

@MakeMeaSammitch said:
@AM-Gamer said:

They're less likely to be called back after a job interview when competing against similar candidates.

People with "black names" are less likely to be hired.

If a black man and white man commit a crime, the black one is more likely to be convicted.

and if both are convicted, the black one is more likely to get a longer sentence.

Soft "red lining" still goes on.

This is just off the top of my head.

That is utter BS.

Due to affirmative action Black people must be hired even if they don't meet the qualifications.
Do you deny that blacks commit more crimes then Whites or they all just wrongly accused?

Never accountable always putting the blame on someone else.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#185 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

Progress, bitches! Yeah!

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Try this one on for size: I could never identify with being a Liberal nor am I a Democrat but the ruling makes perfect sense provided one remains objective. Two consenting adults should never have to beg the government for recognition. The government is supposed to be impartial when it comes to rights. To me, this is a hollow victory because the government will still try and strip and deny people of rights without just cause. Our politicians take an oath to uphold the Constitution. They are not supposed to uphold it or support it only when their opinion coincides with the written words.

When it comes to homosexuality, one can think it is the basis of all things evil or the mother of all purity but neither opinion should come into play when deciding if it is Constitutional and Unconstitutional. The government has been playing the emotion card for very long when it shouldn't have been. Does the government have a place when it comes to settling legal squabbles? Absolutely. Does it have any place in determining who is allowed to get married and who isn't? When it comes to adults, 100% absolutely not.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@Maroxad said:

Many modern day Christians don't follow Jesus. They follow Paul. They also like to try to force the immoral horrors of the old testament onto the rest of us through the law, merrily oppressing gay people while they eat shellfish and wear mixed fiber clothing, never realizing the hypocrisy of their actions. If Christians followed through on the meaning of "Christian", and acted Christ like, I don't think many folks would have a problem with them at all. But thats just it, most of them act nothing like Jesus.

Hell, the quickest way to get called a communist socialist bleeding heart liberal scum bag by them is to, well, read what Jesus taught and act accordingly.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#193 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

@lostrib said:

So apparently San Francisco Pride is tomorrow...

that shit's going to be bonkers

And I'm actually going to America in a few days. This should be interesting!

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By RichieTickles

HOLD ON! WAIT A MINUTE! I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING THAT MIGHT CHANGE MY WHOLE OPINION ON THIS THING.

Ok, does this mean me and a buddy could live as roomates, but get married and share all the financial benefits of marriage like health insurance, life insurance, etc.? Actually, not even live as roomies, just get married. Is this legal? Is this possible?

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Buckhannah

@richietickles said:

Been hearing that term butthurt lately and I'll be using it next time a decision comes down that the majority don't like.

You can ignore me if you want, but I only believe what I do because I think the decision was the wrong one for the country. Time will prove me wrong and if I'm proven wrong I'll admit it.

But it's gonna take a long time before I do admit it.

We'll wait for you. In the mean time, we'll keep pointing out that you are wrong and have no argument. Don't worry, I was raised conservative Christian in the deep south, I know how hard it is to fight off such deeply ingrained brainwashing. It was a titanic struggle for me, and it's not really over completely just yet. Keep working on it.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

@richietickles said:

HOLD ON! WAIT A MINUTE! I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING THAT MIGHT CHANGE MY WHOLE OPINION ON THIS THING.

Ok, does this mean me and a buddy could live as roomates, but get married and share all the financial benefits of marriage like health insurance, life insurance, etc.? Actually, not even live as roomies, just get married. Is this legal? Is this possible?

Sure. If you had a female roommate, such a scam wouldn't be any different.

Have fun with the legal aspects of divorce though, since i'd imagine you'd only want to marry each other temporarily.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#197 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

move along folks, decision made. nothing left to see here

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Just a reminder: Use of the word gay as a derogatory term (as in to say something sucks) was against the ToU way back when, and it's still in effect today. We just removed a few with no penalties, but any more from this point on WILL be moderated. Fair warning to everyone.

And of course, if anyone thinks I'm being unfair about this, feel free to let the admins know.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Buckhannah

@Maroxad: I was thinking the same thing, and I know moderate Republicans are ready to spend time talking about the REAL issues facing our country instead of wasting time and losing votes telling religious fundamentalist nut jobs what they want to hear. It'd be a great chance for them to just quietly move on and grow the tent. But you know these clowns are going to shove something into the platform for the party about a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage and try to force all candidates to sign a pledge.

Maybe by the next presidential election cycle the GOP can benefit from this ruling, but right now they are just too salty about it. They'll push their candidate to the extremist religious right, and all the Democrats will have to do is quote what they say during the primaries verbatim and watch the GOP lose independent voters, youth voters, and minorities. AGAIN.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 RichieTickles

@XaosII said:
@richietickles said:

Sure. If you had a female roommate, such a scam wouldn't be any different.

Have fun with the legal aspects of divorce though, since i'd imagine you'd only want to marry each other temporarily.

Prenups baby, prenups.