GameStop is crashing !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

GameStop, not this site. GamesSTop is a store which sells games for many consoles, and other peripherals is crashing. They are loosing money, and its going down right now. But i have a feeling the holidays might change that

Gamestop is not this site. Gamestop is not Gamespot just fyi.

I used to go to this store all the time, now if i ever trade games its with BestBuys, the give you more $$ for your trade ins. I'm not surprised by this news.

Although i do like having these stores in malls. I do go in there, and buy stuff, very hard to resist. Hope they come back up, cause they are cool stores. Especially the magazine order, i like having them delivered to my home. Always an interesting read.

Link to article here

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Don't worry EB games or ANOTHER will take it's place. Happened with EB games.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LexLas

@TheHighWind: EB games became EBX, and its the sames store - Gamestop. I am not quite positive, but i believe this is the same store.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheHighWind

@LexLas said:

@TheHighWind: EB games became EBX, and its the sames store - Gamestop. I am not quite positive, but i believe this is the same store.

Yeah pretty much Gamestop took over and it's the exact same store. Anyways hope the holiday season gets them where they need to be.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I hope by the holidays gamestop will be busy.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LexLas

@TJDMHEM: Yes, although i don't support this store much due to the high prices in used games, and low prices they offer for trade ins. I don't wish it to close, because while my girl shops, i'm always in Gamestop. I make a stop, and Gamestop, lol ..

servomaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 servomaster
Member since 2015 • 870 Posts

I stopped shopping there when they started giving shit for used games when they used to pay decently.

**** them. If they want my business don't pay 7 dollars for the game you're going to resell for 50.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

I made a post about how I barely use Gamestop anymore because i barely buy games on day 1 anymore, but when I went to submit my post it say "Flagrant error".

IDK what that was about.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheHighWind

@RTUUMM said:

I made a post about how I barely use Gamestop anymore because i barely buy games on day 1 anymore, but when I went to submit my post it say "Flagrant error".

IDK what that was about.

Try buying a game day 1 at Gamestop? You're SOL unless you put $5 down three months ago and have a reserved copy. You can't just go up to the shelf and get a brand new game day 1. It's BS.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44490 Posts

I never shop there because I don't like purchasing games that are already opened. Anyway I kind of doubt that they are going to go under anytime soon though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60c6d07310a
deactivated-5b60c6d07310a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5b60c6d07310a
Member since 2015 • 357 Posts

I rarely go to GameStop anymore. The low-balling has become a bit extreme recently and Amazon has better prices for new stuff.

Jay Street, on the other hand, is one of my favorite mall stops (it's a small chain in PA, NY and MA that specializes in retro games - I'd link the website but they seem to be having SSL trouble right now).

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

Don't care.

Don't shop there.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

We haven't got a gamestop in the UK.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56364 Posts

The problem is, most gamers prefer to shop digital games now more then ever. I too went all digital this gen and I see no reason to shop at Gamestop, plus, Steam is also the main idea when sells get into play and offer more sales then Gamestop. People like myself are super busy at work, I find it easier to just buy my games digital when I'm at work, I look online to see what games I like to pre-order when pre-download comes very handy so I can ply that game at midnight release. Having said that, I hope Gamestop doesn't go under but my issue with those guys is the fact that I hate when they constantly telling e to pre-order a game that I'm not interest. I understand it's your job, I'll grant that but how about you ask me one time only and don't keep shoving it down my throat on pre-order.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

@sukraj said:

We haven't got a gamestop in the UK.

No, but sounds like Gamestation. A few stores closed and one being local to me. Used to get very good deals.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Had a store like that downtown that struggled and eventually had to be shut down, same people who worked there started up a new store that focused on Retro games.

(NES, SNES, Genisis etc.)

That might be a solution for some as there will always be those of us that want to get the games we grew up with or those that want to try out Older games and consoles.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

The writing is on the wall for gamestop. I have not bought a physical game in over a year and doubt I ever will again. places like cd keys are just too good to pass up. Mad max was not even out for two weeks before it was $13. And everything else I have bought recently was almost just as good a deal, just cause 3 was $25 when i preordered it and I'm just waiting for fallout to hit $30 or so to pick up a key for it and its alreadly almost there.

microsoft4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 microsoft4life
Member since 2005 • 946 Posts

I haven't been in a GameStop since March of 2012 to pick up Mass Effect. That last experience was the final straw for me in shopping there. I was there literally 4 hours before picking up something else and got berated for pre orders. I went back at midnight to pick up Mass Effect. The SAME employee asked me if I wanted to pre-order five different games AGAIN at midnight when I was third in line for the game and holding up the line. I understand asking once, as they make them do that. But what he did twice to me in the span of four hours when I made it clear what my intentions were, felt insulting.

That along with buying up their competition about 10 or so years ago, terrible used games and trade in policies, and an underwhelming rewards program leave me to have no sympathy for the company. If they go out of business I'm hoping a few other businesses can come in and take the demand for physical games. I feel the GameStop decline isn't just because of digital games, but because of the corporate atmosphere they've cultivated and a money first attitude instead of a customer first attitude.