Game of Thrones Season 6 starts tonight!! (analytical spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44552 Posts

SPOILER NOTE: spoilers should only be speculative and include information from all previous seasons in coming to such determinations, also book info should be allowed since nothing is written in stone and there's still missing content there but the shows are going to start taking a larger deviation from the books (if they haven't already) so I've heard

Okay, so new Season of Game of Thrones starts tonight. I've been brushing up on some fan theories with YouTube videos. One of my favorite deals with John Snow and his fate and what's to become of him dying. Yes, he died, I'm sure that's true. Thing is though people are speculating he'll come back. How, I dunno, but I heard some interesting suggestions. One was that he's a Targaryen and because of that he won't burn when they try to burn him. Another was that he's Targaryen but the thing about Targaryens not burning isn't fully understood and that it's a blood magic quality... so example of that, when Daenerys walked into Drogo's funeral fire she was protected by the blood magic sacrifice meant to save his life that failed (where she sacrificed her unborn child to save Drogo... so, the blood magic that inadvertently saved John Snow's corpse from burning would come from when Stannis Baratheon had his daughter burn in order to bring prosperity to his army in his fight against the Boltons but he lost that fight. Anyhow, I figure since John Snow's body won't burn if/when they try to burn it since The Night's Watch killed him, but it won't, and that leaves opportunity to what I've heard people speculate means his return through additional magic means.

Anyhow, heard any juicy speculation, have your own theories, have any insight from the books worth sharing, this is the place to do so. Just maybe leave a spoiler warning in your post if you're coming from books just in case.

Also, Silicon Valley Season 3 premiere tonight too. Sweet!!

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

of all the GoT/ASoIaF theories I've read, and I've read alot of them. This is the dumbest.

@lamprey263 said:

One was that he's a Targaryen and because of that he won't burn when they try to burn him.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lamprey263

@Storm_Marine said:

of all the GoT/ASoIaF theories I've read, and I've read alot of them. This is the dumbest.

@lamprey263 said:

One was that he's a Targaryen and because of that he won't burn when they try to burn him.

how so, I think I heard a theory a while back and it made sense at time but I don't remember the details, and I heard it here again so I figured maybe there's some prevalence there, why's this one bad just curious?

anyhow, I"m not invested in theories and such I just enjoy the discussions about the show as people don't often have many of them here

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Storm_Marine said:

@lamprey263 said:

Probably the single most popular theory among book readers is the theory that Jon Snow was not Ned's Son. In both Season 1, and more recently in Season 5, the story is told of how Rhaegar Targaryen declared his love for Ned's Sister, Lyanna. After failing to rescue her after the war from the Tower of Joy, Ned made an unknown promise to her on her death bed. Maybe it was that he would raise her Son. This would make Jon half Stark, and half Targaryen. Part wolf, and part dragon. Or more poetically, the Song of Ice and Fire.

If Jon is a Targaryen, than he may be the one to fulfill Melisandre's prophecy of Azor Ahai, the Prince who was promised. Melisandre in both the books and the show is present at Castle Black when Jon was killed, leading many to believe it is only a matter of time before he is resurrected by her.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Good episode tonight, we'll see where it leads.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I don't watch GOT but, I do want to ask this. Is Jon Snow dead or alive?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Those were some nice jugs at the end.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AFBrat77

@-paranorman-:

He's dead currently.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AFBrat77

@sholoza:

Melissandra true form.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Pretty unexciting new episode aside from a few moments but it served as an intro for the ones to come. I wonder of the importance of the final Mellisandre scene.

As for Jon Snow, one way or the other, he will come back to life. I'm also fearing for the fate of Jorah Mormont, he's one of my favorite characters and I'd hate seeing him gone due to greyscale.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

damn dornish men are idiots.

oberyn gets caught monologing, doran let people who clearly want to betray him lolly about the water gardens, trystane thinks the people there to kill him will be honorable...

how exactly do they have any power?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AFBrat77

I really liked tonight's episode, I may be in the minority, but then again unlike most I really enjoyed season 5 as well.

I think I'll go watch it a 2nd time right now!

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

I thought the episode was pretty meaty and satisfying in terms of moving the plot forward with everyone. I was a little perplex why Davos would go to such a length to fight on the side of Jon loyalists. What connection does he have to Jon Snow? Seems outta nowhere. Also was Melisandre's true form that shocking to everyone? It's been kinda established that she's a witch of sort and the whole mirror thing is a dead give away. I'm more surprised that she appeared more vulnerable and less creepy/grotesque looking which I guess could be the point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I want t burn my eyes after the last scene

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

It was a great first episode, didn't see the last scene coming , looking forward to the next episode !

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

Those were some nice jugs at the end.

You mean you like them thousand year old jugs ? Lmao !

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lamprey263

Pretty uneventful episode, but seemed more like a setup for where the season is going.

My favorite scene was Reek and Sansa getting rescued by Brienne of Tarth at the last second. Kind of funny because when I realized they were trapped I was like "there's only one way they're getting out of this, Brienne of Tarth" and I remembered how she should be nearby because she killed Stannis at the end of season 5... and then in she came. I loved that scene, between this scene and her taking down Stannis, she's redeemed herself a good bit.

I actually wasn't as surprised by the episode ending as everyone else. I mean I had no idea there was an old hag behind it all, but it doesn't surprise me someone like herself working with magic like she has would have such tricks. I was probably more WTF! when back when she gave birth to a demon or whatever seasons back.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

Dues ex Brienne *ding*

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AFBrat77

Great episode tonight (2nd episode) and great reveal at the end (perhaps the worst kept secret ).

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Man that ending was so predictable....the way they did was so simple and damn predictable.... they should've done a better job.

@Motokid6 said:

@AFBrat77: Yea it was no secret that he was coming back, but... I would've liked it to be more extravagant. I always thought they were going to burn him and he'd rise from the flames with a glowing Long Claw.

Either way Long Claw needs to glow.

lol , that would've been better :D