Gal Gadot has signed for 3 Wonder Woman movies

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74449 posts) -

thoughts? Let's hope they are good

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/22/gal-gadot-says-shes-signed-for-three-wonder-woman-appearances?abthid=52e192bf9c7da55e4b000043

#2 Posted by CrimsonBrute (24032 posts) -

Ha! I just finished watching Angry Joe's rant on her being named as Wonderwoman. I would love to see his reaction the moment he reads that. As for me, I really don't care. I was never a fan of live-action superhero movies.

#3 Posted by ferrari2001 (17316 posts) -

DC is playing serious catch up at this point. They should have had a variety of superhero stand alone films, including wonderwoman ages ago in order to set up a common universe. Now the Superman-Batman film will just seem cluttered with new characters being introduced into the same world.

#4 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29757 posts) -

Would be cool to see a standalone Wonder Woman movie. She tends to be cooler than a lot of the DC superheros.

#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74449 posts) -

i really hope there are two movies being shot, and not just one with the Superman sequel

#6 Posted by RadecSupreme (4736 posts) -

They picked the wrong woman for the role. She's very dull. That's WB though, always picking cheap mediocre actors the stingy bastards.

#7 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:

Would be cool to see a standalone Wonder Woman movie. She tends to be cooler than a lot of the DC superheros.

I don't read comics much but she did seem pretty badass in the new 52 wonder woman.

#8 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14634 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

i really hope there are two movies being shot, and not just one with the Superman sequel

Picture that--a Superman movie with Superman actually in it.

#9 Posted by Master_Live (15832 posts) -

@RadecSupreme said:

They picked the wrong woman for the role. She's very dull. That's WB though, always picking cheap mediocre actors the stingy bastards.

I know. Bale, Caine, Freeman, Neeson, Ledger, Hardy, Hathaway, Oldman, Crowe, Brando, Adams, Nicholson etc.

#10 Edited by The_Last_Ride (74449 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah, they better not let Flash, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Batman, Doomsday/Lex Luthor and Braniac (those last two are rumored) be in the movie. The first movie was the perfect setup for the sequel. Don't do a Spiderman 3 and dilute the movie.

#11 Edited by hippiesanta (9992 posts) -

Long Live Israel!!

#12 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (14634 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah, they better not let Flash, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Batman, Doomsday/Lex Luthor and Braniac (those last two are rumored) be in the movie. The first movie was the perfect setup for the sequel. Don't do a Spiderman 3 and dilute the movie.

One extra character in there beside the main villain, I can understand. Two's pushing it--I still think Wonder Woman deserves her own film, It seems like DC is just trying to shoehorn in as many characters in there to quickly set up a Justice League movie as soon as possible. I don't even think they have any idea what they want to do exactly with this follow-up...it's no wonder they decided to change their mind about releasing the same summer as the Avengers sequel and pushed it back to 2016.

#13 Edited by lamprey263 (25616 posts) -

wouldn't it be smart to wait and see how she does on the first film before contractually signing her up for two sequels

anyhow, should have been Gina Carano

#14 Posted by johnd13 (8387 posts) -

I don't have a problem with her having the Wonder Woman role(although I do understand some people's objections), but I would vastly prefer a stand alone WW movie first before her appearance in the Superman vs Batman movie.

#15 Edited by Hiddai (6087 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

I don't have a problem with her having the Wonder Woman role(although I do understand some people's objections), but I would vastly prefer a stand alone WW movie first before her appearance in the Superman vs Batman movie.

QFT

#16 Posted by lamprey263 (25616 posts) -

it will be interesting on whether this will end up being a worst casting decision for WB than their decision to cast Anne Hathaway as Catwomen, which really made me forget about that Halle Berry fiasco

#17 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3270 posts) -

Good for her.

I will certainly not be watching them.

#18 Edited by Crunchy_Nuts (2749 posts) -

People on the internet are never happy about casting choices. I'll reserve judgement until I see the movie.

#19 Posted by RadecSupreme (4736 posts) -

@Master_Live: Dark Knight was a cash cow though, directed by Nolan and knowing the returns would be immense. This Superman vs Batman tripe is being relaunched and they pick nobodies. Except for a few.

#20 Posted by BranKetra (49934 posts) -

I will watch it.

#21 Edited by m0zart (11568 posts) -

I always knew Wonder Woman was Israeli and not an Amazonian.

#22 Posted by Master_Live (15832 posts) -

She better add some muscle.

#23 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

DC movie properties not called Batman have a spotty track record, I'm not holding my breath for a decent flick. If they can't get Green Lantern right, what chance does Wonder Woman have?

#24 Edited by CrimsonBrute (24032 posts) -

@lamprey263: When it comes to acting ability, both of them are pretty much on par with each other.

@johnd13: They are using her appearance in the movie to set up a standalone wonder woman movie.

#25 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14634 posts) -

@johnd13: They are using her appearance in the movie to set up a standalone wonder woman movie.

Which is really silly on Warner Bros.' part when you think about it--you would think it'd be the other way around...make a modest budget WW movie, and if it's well received, add her as part of an ensemble film with other characters. If this Superman either underperforms or flat out bombs for whatever reason, I don't see them spending money for a Wonder Woman movie.