Ft. Hood at it again.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Seems there was a shooter again today at Ft. Hood.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2593839/FBI-searching-Army-recruit-planning-Fort-Hood-inspired-jihad-against-U-S-soldiers.html#ixzz2xltTNJZN

im sure this was just another act of 'workplace violence' and not another jihad amirite obama

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

It's tragic and I hope whoever is responsible is stopped if he or she hasn't been stopped already.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2593839/FBI-searching-Army-recruit-planning-Fort-Hood-inspired-jihad-against-U-S-soldiers.html#ixzz2xltTNJZN

im sure this was just another act of 'workplace violence' and not another jihad amirite obama

"'Kansas City Division Agents interviewed BOOKER on 20 March 2014.’"

wut

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178855 Posts

Just heard that. Shooter is believed dead.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

A little bit off-topic but the culture in the military with regards to MPs needs to change. If you're an MP, or USAF SF(Security Forces) performing LE duties, you need to have the same requirements as civilian law enforcement. I was a USAF SF performing LE duties and we were never given handguns to take home. We had to come into work, head to the armory and then get our M9 and M4. I know it's the same way in the Army because my cousin was an MP at Fort Hood. How are you supposed to respond to crimes in progress if you have to go to your armory and get your weapon first?

What sense would that make for a civilian cop? None at all.

If we're going to entrust MP with the protection of a base then they need to have a take home weapon, they need to get actual badges and police identification, and they need to get waivers from Congress to allow them to carry said weapons off-base if they so happen to live off-base.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ad1x2

@airshocker said:

A little bit off-topic but the culture in the military with regards to MPs needs to change. If you're an MP, or USAF SF(Security Forces) performing LE duties, you need to have the same requirements as civilian law enforcement. I was a USAF SF performing LE duties and we were never given handguns to take home. We had to come into work, head to the armory and then get our M9 and M4. I know it's the same way in the Army because my cousin was an MP at Fort Hood. How are you supposed to respond to crimes in progress if you have to go to your armory and get your weapon first?

What sense would that make for a civilian cop? None at all.

If we're going to entrust MP with the protection of a base then they need to have a take home weapon, they need to get actual badges and police identification, and they need to get waivers from Congress to allow them to carry said weapons off-base if they so happen to live off-base.

It's a good idea, but you know that isn't going to happen anytime soon if the 2009 Fort Hood shooting wasn't enough to make it happen. The fact that I would have to put my weapons in my unit arms room if I was in base housing is one of the biggest reasons I rather live off-base.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

It's a fucking miracle...CNN isn't talking about Flight 370!

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@thegerg said:

@airshocker: The major issue with that is that average military law enforcement personnel (on the Army side, at least) are not nearly as well trained or experienced as their civilian counterparts when it comes to law and order missions.

I fully agree that green suit LEOs should be afforded similar rights and privileges as a civilian doing a comparable job, but it's not as simple as letting Joe carry his weapon back to the barracks.

I would disagree. Going through USAF security forces technical school(which is fundamentally the same thing as MP school)was the same thing I went through when I had to go to the police academy.

Either way, it's nothing that MORE training can't rectify.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ad1x2

According to this, the shooter was a servicemember who was suffering from PTSD and he killed three people before shooting himself. According to records he served in Iraq for four months but didn't see any action. I guess more will come out as time passes by.

-Rhett81-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Rhett81-
Member since 2002 • 3569 Posts

@ad1x2 said:

It's tragic and I hope whoever is responsible is stopped if he or she hasn't been stopped already.

The bodies aren't even cold yet and the "blame Obama" train has taken off. Sounds like a good little Faux News monkey to me.