Fred Phelps is Dead

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

If only hell was real, he'd truly get what he deserves.

#52 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29086 posts) -

As several other people have already said, I think George Takei's comment pretty much sums it up.

#53 Posted by junglist101 (5457 posts) -

Honestly, I'm surprised he died a natural death rather than by a gunshot.

#54 Posted by MirkoS77 (7037 posts) -

Oh boy, I can't help but be curious as to how many hundreds will gather to picket his funeral. And I can't say it's undeserved.

#55 Posted by toast_burner (21377 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Oh boy, I can't help but be curious as to how many hundreds will gather to picket his funeral. And I can't say it's undeserved.

Apparently he isn't having a funeral as they "don't believe in worshipping the dead"

#56 Edited by Korvus (2987 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

I've been reading here and there that there will be no funeral for him (can't say I blame them =P)

EDIT: @toast_burner got there first =P Yeah, I'm sure it's because they don't believe in worshiping the dead and nothing to do with being afraid that a mob will gather at the funeral with "God hated Phelps" signs =P

#57 Posted by Treflis (11436 posts) -

Okay, Hopefully people won't picket his funeral as that would be stooping down to their level.

#58 Posted by MrGeezer (56050 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I've been reading here and there that there will be no funeral for him (can't say I blame them =P)

EDIT: @toast_burner got there first =P Yeah, I'm sure it's because they don't believe in worshiping the dead and nothing to do with being afraid that a mob will gather at the funeral with "God hated Phelps" signs =P

If they really think that would happen, then they're stupid to not hold a funeral. The second that people picket the funeral, these guys can instantly turn around and say, "if you guys do it to us, then you can't complain when we do it too."

#59 Edited by foxhound_fox (87408 posts) -

I don't want to sound like a callous jackass, and feel for his estranged family who received nothing but hatred over the years, but good. Death might finally end his campaign of hatred.

#60 Posted by lostrib (33546 posts) -

I don't want to sound like a callous jackass, and feel for his estranged family who received nothing but hatred over the years, but good. Death might finally end his campaign of hatred.

No, he still has his awful daughter around

#61 Posted by KHAndAnime (13315 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@foxhound_fox said:

No, he still has his awful daughter around

You're right. He wasn't an integral figure to the church anymore. Phelps was even estranged some time before his death, so he wasn't really even with the church when he died.