Fred Phelps is Dead

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Trender_man (134 posts) -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/20/fred-phelps-dead_n_5000577.html

"Fred Phelps, the founder of the Westboro Baptist Church, has died at the age of 84, according to two of his children.

His son, Timothy Phelps, confirmed to Kansas' WIBW that Fred Phelps died "before midnight" on Wednesday. His daughter, Shirley Phelps-Roper, also confirmed news of the death to the Topeka Capital-Journal."

Ironically is also international day of happiness today.

#2 Edited by dave123321 (33335 posts) -

George takei said words people should take to heart

"I take no solace or joy in this man's passing, We will not dance upon his grave, nor stand vigil at his funeral holding 'God Hates Freds' signs, tempting as it may be."

"He was a tormented soul, who tormented so many. Hate never wins out in the end. It instead goes always to its lonely, dusty end."

#3 Posted by Master_Live (13614 posts) -

Such a tragedy.

#4 Posted by comp_atkins (31109 posts) -

god must have needed another asshole in heaven

#5 Posted by deeliman (2233 posts) -

"I take no solace or joy in this man's passing, We will not dance upon his grave, nor stand vigil at his funeral holding 'God Hates Freds' signs, tempting as it may be."

"He was a tormented soul, who tormented so many. Hate never wins out in the end. It instead goes always to its lonely, dusty end."

Agreed

#6 Posted by lostrib (31519 posts) -

Good Ol' George Takei

Although I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will do the opposite

#7 Posted by Meinhard1 (6742 posts) -

Hey, the guy died excommunicated from the church that was basically his life.

Kind of sad, if not deserved.

#8 Posted by Meinhard1 (6742 posts) -

An eloquent, humanistic response. I'd expect no less from an ex Star Trek cast member.

#9 Posted by uninspiredcup (6823 posts) -
Nooooooooooooooo

#10 Posted by Storm_Marine (10766 posts) -

Poor dead Fred. :/

#11 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16382 posts) -

Can't say I'm sad to hear this news.

#12 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23070 posts) -

♪ Ceeeelebration time, COME ON! ♪.

#13 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (16971 posts) -

Fuck it still celebrating today! Good thing this happened on my day off!

#14 Posted by moloch999 (125 posts) -

It's too bad, he did so much good in his life. A modern day Mother Theresa taken from us just like princess diana in that tunnel.

#15 Posted by wis3boi (30881 posts) -

I wish no harm or death upon just about anybody, but at the same time I'm glad he's gone, because the harm he caused to others can slow/stop. He wasted the one life he had by being a gigantic asshole and he won't be missed

#16 Posted by plageus900 (915 posts) -

All I know is...

He was a Democrat.

#17 Posted by Serraph105 (27571 posts) -

I agree with Takai on this.

#18 Edited by coasterguy65 (5721 posts) -

Personally I sort of expected him to die after being pummeled into the ground at the hands of some soldier's father, but I doubt the world will miss him. Hopefully there is a hell so that he is burning in it. Piece of shite.

#19 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Good riddance

#20 Edited by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

Pretty happy about it, im liberal... but not so liberal i cant revel in the death of an a-hole.

#21 Edited by ad1x2 (5402 posts) -

@wis3boi: That is unlikely because for the most part his daughter was already running day to day operations of the church.

Other than that, I just might drive to Topeka for the funeral to see how many protesters show up.

#22 Edited by one_plum (6299 posts) -

I've received some good news today (unrelated to this). Happiness Day is really true!

#23 Posted by airshocker (28225 posts) -

Fuck that.

I hope Fred Phelps is rotting in hell..

#24 Posted by lamprey263 (22426 posts) -

GOD HATES F** HATERS!!

#25 Posted by dave123321 (33335 posts) -

@airshocker: there is no hell, no punishment, he is simply gone, released from the burdens and triumphs of life

#26 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10021 posts) -

March Madness begins and Fred Phelps dies? Today is a great day, indeed!

#27 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149470 posts) -

Well said....

#28 Posted by airshocker (28225 posts) -

@airshocker: there is no hell, no punishment, he is simply gone, released from the burdens and triumphs of life

Prove it.

#29 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6690 posts) -

One less asshole alive.

#30 Posted by dave123321 (33335 posts) -
#31 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10021 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

@airshocker: you can't prove a negative

nor can a positive be proven - quit fucking around with each other!

#32 Edited by wis3boi (30881 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@dave123321 said:

no, keep fucking around, fred phelps doesnt like it when that happens

#33 Posted by Master_Live (13614 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

Yeah, but isn't a negative just a positive in waiting? You either do or do not, there is no try.

#34 Edited by dave123321 (33335 posts) -
#35 Posted by dave123321 (33335 posts) -

@dave123321: but but but but so is the whole you can't prove a negative thing

#36 Edited by Randolph (10344 posts) -

I mostly agree with Uncle George about this. But I really can't help but be a little happy that he's dead. I'm of the firm view that at times, the world really can be made a better place through the death of certain people. I definitely do not think anyone should protest his grave site or mock/deface it though. That would actually be a victory for him. Take a drink, say "good riddance" and forget about him. That's the best thing we can do.

#37 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12793 posts) -

This whole organization is nothing but scummy hate mongering assholes. Hopefully with his passing Westboro further falls into obscurity.

#38 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16459 posts) -

Who?

#39 Posted by Iszdope (9398 posts) -

That's a shame.

#40 Posted by Celldrax (14532 posts) -

And nothing of value was lost.

#41 Posted by angeldeb82 (1013 posts) -
#42 Edited by MrGeezer (55938 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

Fuck that.

Wow, dude, I really pity you.

#43 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10021 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

@airshocker said:

Fuck that.

Anyone who insists their family picket soldier's funerals deserves the worst humanity has to offer, because they are the worst humanity has to offer.

#44 Posted by MrGeezer (55938 posts) -

Anyone who insists their family picket soldier's funerals deserves the worst humanity has to offer, because they are the worst humanity has to offer.

The worst that humanity has to offer, so you hope they burn in hell?

Sounds like something Fred Phelps would say, is all I'm saying.

#45 Posted by hippiesanta (9732 posts) -

Congratulations gamespot moderator ..... you just let hate flourish in OT

#46 Edited by airshocker (28225 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

@airshocker said:

@dave123321 said:

Fuck that.

I don't care or need you to pity me. There are some people that exist on this earth that shouldn't. Now there's one less.

#47 Posted by sonicare (53437 posts) -

I like that George Takei statement. It's never good to take joy in another's suffering or passing, no matter how much you dislike them. Otherwise, you lose your own sense of values.

#48 Posted by chernoalpha527 (88 posts) -

People should picket his funeral, give those assholes a taste of their own medicine.

#49 Posted by -Sun_Tzu- (17279 posts) -

Shame there isn't a hell for him to go to.

#50 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1334 posts) -

He died on the international day of happiness, now that's funny!