Fox News Once Again Most And Least Trusted Name In News.

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Fox News once again most and least trusted name in news

PPP's 5th annual poll about trust in TV news continues to find what it does every year: Fox News is both the most trusted and least trusted name in news.

35% of Americans say they trust Fox News more than any other TV news outlet, followed by 14% for PBS, 11% for ABC, 10% for CNN, 9% for CBS, 6% each for Comedy Central and MSNBC, and 3% for NBC. It leads the way because of its continuing near total support among Republicans as the place to go for news- 69% of Republicans say it's their most trusted source with nothing else polling above 7%. Meanwhile Democrats are split between a lot of different outlets when it comes to who they have the most faith in- PBS at 21%, CNN and ABC at 18%, and CBS and MSNBC at 12% all poll in double digits. It's interesting that while Fox News and MSNBC are often thought of as equivalent, Fox News is by far and away the most trusted source of GOP voters while MSNBC is only tied for 4th among Democrats.

Fox News also leads the 'least trusted' list in our annual poll. 33% give it that designation to 19% for MSNBC, 14% for Comedy Central, 11% for CNN, 5% for ABC, 4% for CBS, and 2% each for NBC and PBS. That's largely because 57% of Democrats give it their least trusted designation, with only Comedy Central at 18% also hitting double digits with them. MSNBC leads the way among Republicans at 38%, but CNN at 17% and Comedy Central at 13% both hit double digits as well. It's interesting to note that Republicans seem to hate MSNBC more than Democrats like it.

When you look at the 8 outlets we tested individually, only one is clearly trusted by a majority of Americans. That's PBS, which 57% say they trust to 24% who don't. Most Democrats (80/6) and independents (49/31) trust it and it at least gets an even split with Republicans at 38%.

Voters are closely divided about most of the rest of the outlets- Fox News comes in at 44/42, CBS at 39/37, CNN at 40/40, NBC at 39/39, and ABC News at 37/38. In Fox's case 75% of Republicans trust it while only 20% of Democrats do. For all the rest of them around 60-70% of Democrats trust them, but only around 20% of Republicans do.

The two outlets that poll the lowest on trust are Comedy Central (29/38) and MSNBC (34/44). In both of their cases the share of Republicans trusting them drops down to about 10%, even as a majority of Democrats still express faith in them.

Finally for fun we did some more specific testing of voter attitudes about Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert. O'Reilly has a 41/37 favorability rating, which is actually better than we found for every potential Republican Presidential candidate in the results we released yesterday. Colbert is not as well known as O'Reilly, with 58% name recognition, but has a better net favorability with those who are familiar with him at +16. 37% see him positively to 21% negatively, with 43% not having an opinion either way.

A hypothetical Presidential contest between the pair would be a toss up, with O'Reilly getting 38% to Colbert's 35%. Colbert has a lot more room to grow though since 31% of Democrats would be undecided compared to just 20% of Republicans. Colbert does win one contest with O'Reilly though- by a 38/13 margin voters say he has better hair and there's a bipartisan consensus on that with even Republicans narrowly saying that Colbert wins the hair wars.

---------------------------------

LOL, democrats are more likely to distrust Comedy Central than republicans.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#2 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

And those who trust it are ignorant and drop outs.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

I kinda feel like only gullible people watch it

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

This confirms what I already knew, most Americans are stupid and Republicans are especially stupid.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I'm surprised, NOT.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38662 Posts

"It's interesting to note that Republicans seem to hate MSNBC more than Democrats like it."

they're taught to hate it by fox news...

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theone86
@comp_atkins said:

"It's interesting to note that Republicans seem to hate MSNBC more than Democrats like it."

MSNBC also says things that Republicans hate hearing, like that racism actually still exists.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Master_Live

As for the programs I trust or like to watch:

• In the morning I like to watch Squawk Box, Rebecca Quick is intelligent plus a hottie. I pretty much watch CNBC all day until the afternoon.
  • 4:00 pm I like The Lead with Jake Tapper (CNN).
  • 5:00 pm I like The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer (CNN).
  • 6:00 pm I like Special Report with Bret Baier (Fox News). Bret is straight shooter plus I love the pannel with Krauthammer and sometimes George Will.
  • Sometimes I might catch some segments of Hardball, The Cycle, Rachel, Hayes or O'Donnell (MSNBC).
  • Saturdays I like The Wall Street Journal Report (Fox News).
  • Sundays I like Meet the Press (NBC), This Week (ABC), Face the Nation (CBS) and Fox News Sunday.
  • When I had Dish sometimes I watched the program that had a round table with some young folks on The Blaze.

Always good to hear all sides, helps you understand where others are coming from. You should try it guys.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By theone86

@Master_Live said:

• In the morning I like to watch Squawk Box, Rebecca Quick is intelligent plus a hottie. I pretty much watch CNBC all day until the afternoon.
  • 6:00 pm I like Special Report with Bret Baier (Fox News). Bret is straight shooter plus I love the pannel with Krauthammer and sometimes George Will.
  • Sometimes I might catch some segments of Hardball, The Cycle, Rachel, Hayes or O'Donnell (MSNBC).
  • Sundays I like Meet the Press (NBC), This Week (ABC), Face the Nation (CBS) and Fox News Sunday.
  • When I had Dish sometimes I watched the program that had a round table with some young folks on The Blaze.

Always good to hear all sides, helps you understand where others are coming from. You should try it guys.

Krauthammer and Will are douchenozzles. The Blaze is a fucking joke. Sometimes I like Chris Matthews, sometimes I want to punch him through my TV screen. Hearing from all sides insinuates that all sides are accurately represented in corporate media. It also insinuates that all sides deserve being heard. I also think I understand where conservatives in this country are coming from, they're simply wrong.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Master_Live

Oh, I like Stewart and Colbert too.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

the most attractive news is fear peddling and that's something conservative Republicans handle best

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

This thread is funny. One big circle jerk.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Who has time to watch all of this?

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I trust Fox News far more than CNN (Crappy News Network), PMSNBC, or any other liberal news networks.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Comedy Central has more valid news than Fox News.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Who the hell watches the major news networks anymore?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

@jimkabrhel: maybe the older folks

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 comp_atkins

@theone86 said:
@comp_atkins said:

MSNBC also says things that Republicans hate hearing, like that racism actually still exists.

i have noticed one of the things the troglodytes on fn like to always point out is how shitty msnbc's ratings are.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 theone86

@comp_atkins said:

@theone86 said:
@comp_atkins said:

i have noticed one of the things the troglodytes on fn like to always point out is how shitty msnbc's ratings are.

Might makes right for them.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21  Edited By chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

"14% for Comedy Central"

lolwut

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

People on this forum are completely uniformed when it comes to news Bias. According to the only large scale study ever conducted on the subject (at UCLA), Fox News is the least biased national news network. It presents views that are closest the the views of the "average american." The makeup of fox viewers is also closer to the national averages in terms of Republicans, Independents and Democrats than any other news network.

What people seem to confuse with fox news are political talk shows (such as Bill O'Reilly) and the actual news. Just because they have conservative talk show hosts doesn't mean that the news is bias.

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/Media-Bias-Is-Real-Finds-UCLA-6664.aspx

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The-Apostle

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

I trust Fox News far more than CNN (Crappy News Network), PMSNBC, or any other liberal news networks.

Well yeah but that's because you're a moron.

Actually, no. It's because I generally agree with Fox News. And besides, if you want to play that game, only morons think CNN and MSNBC are less biased than Fox News. At least I'm able to understand Fox News is biased...

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The-Apostle
@Jacobistheman said:

People on this forum are completely uniformed when it comes to news Bias. According to the only large scale study ever conducted on the subject (at UCLA), Fox News is the least biased national news network. It presents views that are closest the the views of the "average american." The makeup of fox viewers is also closer to the national averages in terms of Republicans, Independents and Democrats than any other news network.

What people seem to confuse with fox news are political talk shows (such as Bill O'Reilly) and the actual news. Just because they have conservative talk show hosts doesn't mean that the news is bias.

Actually, Fox News' headlines tend to lean biased.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Master_Live

@Makhaidos said:

@Master_Live said:

Comedy Central has more valid news than Fox News.

So I guess it is good that republicans trust Comedy Central more, when compared to all the networks, than democrats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Actually, no. It's because I generally agree with Fox News.

So you're racist, homphobic, sexist, zenophobic, and hate the poor?

Good to know

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jacobistheman

@The-Apostle said:
@Jacobistheman said:

Source? If you are going to try to argue with someone who actually has sources, you should probably back up your claim.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The-Apostle

@Nuck81 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Actually, no. It's because I generally agree with Fox News.

So you're racist, homphobic, sexist, zenophobic, and hate the poor?

Good to know

No, I'm not. I said I "generally" agree with them. >_>

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The-Apostle
@Jacobistheman said:

@The-Apostle said:
@Jacobistheman said:

Source? If you are going to try to argue with someone who actually has sources, you should probably back up your claim.

No source, but I've seen some of the ones some of the more librul posters have posted to make fun of them. >_>

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Cable "news" is all shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Actually, no. It's because I generally agree with Fox News. And besides, if you want to play that game, only morons think CNN and MSNBC are less biased than Fox News. At least I'm able to understand Fox News is biased...

My point exactly.

CNN and MSNBC are definitely less biased then FOX News, only fools who lack any sort of critical thinking OR try too hard to seem like an independent believe otherwise

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The-Apostle

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

My point exactly.

CNN and MSNBC are definitely less biased then FOX News, only fools who lack any sort of critical thinking OR try too hard to seem like an independent believe that.

Yeah... That's why they refuse to report scandals in the White House when it makes Obama look bad. Or if they actually do report it they downplay it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@The-Apostle said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

My point exactly.

CNN and MSNBC are definitely less biased then FOX News, only fools who lack any sort of critical thinking OR try too hard to seem like an independent believe that.

Yeah... That's why they refuse to report scandals in the White House when it makes Obama look bad. Or if they actually do report it they downplay it.

Like how Fox News hasn't reported Chris Christies Bridgegate, calling itunfair?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa

I only watch Fox News these days. I have come to realize that the other stations either twist the truth, blatantly lie about the truth or just ignore the subject altogether and not even report on it (this is the norm these days if it makes Obama look bad, just ignore it). It took the other channels forever to tell the truth about Benzali and only when it was impossible for them to hide the truth any longer.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AmazonTreeBoa

@Nuck81 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

My point exactly.

Fox News did report on it. Please share that smoke with me.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By comp_atkins
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I only watch Fox News these days. I have come to realize that the other stations either twist the truth, blatantly lie about the truth or just ignore the subject altogether and not even report on it (this is the norm these days if it makes Obama look bad, just ignore it). It took the other channels forever to tell the truth about Benzali and only when it was impossible for them to hide the truth any longer.

please share that smoke with me

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jacobistheman

@The-Apostle said:
@Jacobistheman said:

@The-Apostle said:
@Jacobistheman said:

No source, but I've seen some of the ones some of the more librul posters have posted to make fun of them. >_>

That is an idiotic statement. They have hundreds of headlines a day (including online articles) and you see one maybe once a week or month that people post to make fun of an automatically assume that that means they are biased.

Also, most of the ones you see are either from Opinion Columns (which are biased because they are opinions) on their website or from talk show hosts (which again are opinion based shows)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Nuck81 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

My point exactly.

I guess it's not as big of News as that Ben Ghazi guy Fox has been yammering about for two straight years

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MakeMeaSammitch

@The-Apostle said:

u also believe in creationism, so your opinion......

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Jacobistheman said:

Fox News is the least biased national news network.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6816 Posts

Yeah, fox looks trustworthy alright...

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AmazonTreeBoa

@Nuck81 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Nuck81 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

My point exactly.

I guess it's not as big of News as that Ben Ghazi guy Fox has been yammering about for two straight years

Maybe you should try you know....actually watching Fox News before commenting on it. That way you aren't just talking out your ass.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The-Apostle

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@The-Apostle said:

Creationism is more believable than evolution. >_>

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By comp_atkins

@The-Apostle said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@The-Apostle said:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Nuck81 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Nuck81 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@The-Apostle said:

My point exactly.

Maybe you should try you know....actually watching Fox News before commenting on it. That way you aren't just talking out your ass.

Why would I want to watch Fox News?

I'm not racist, homphobic, sexist, zenophobic, or hate the poor.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch

@The-Apostle said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@The-Apostle said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLI0GMMbQaQ

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@The-Apostle said: