This topic is locked from further discussion.

fuzzmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fuzzmuffin
Member since 2006 • 1114 Posts

If there are any former marines on this site (doubt there are), I'm really thinking about joining the marines and I just wanted to know what you thought about it when you served your time.

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

There are plenty of ex-servicemen on this website, don't be so quick to judge.

Some advice though, if you don't find the answers you want on here, do not talk to recruiters.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
I don't doubt there are some ex-servicemen out there but I figure a fairly high % of the dudes who say they are in fact are just some dudes who watch a lot of history and discovery channel.
Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
Not that it matters...don't ever join the Navy. My friend did and he said all he has been doing ever since he got there is cleaning toilets.
fuzzmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fuzzmuffin
Member since 2006 • 1114 Posts

Not that it matters...don't ever join the Navy. My friend did and he said all he has been doing ever since he got there is cleaning toilets.Ilived

well everyone has to contribute, lol!

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

Not that it matters...don't ever join the Navy. My friend did and he said all he has been doing ever since he got there is cleaning toilets.Ilived

lol that's hilarious. But at least he's seeing the world?

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts

I don't doubt there are some ex-servicemen out there but I figure a fairly high % of the dudes who say they are in fact are just some dudes who watch a lot of history and discovery channel.duxup

Best example - kid who recently said he was a Marine Sniper with a Distinguished Flying Cross, amongst other glaring impossibilities...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts
When joining the military check out the MOS that best interests you....and the places you can be stationed....signing bonuses etc. Everyone has a difference experience with the military...no matter the branch. Some will have liked it, some hated it, and some endured it. Asking about someone else's experience won't be much help to you.