Forbes' World's Most Powerful Women 2014.

#1 Posted by Master_Live (14845 posts) -

The World's Most Powerful Women 2014

1. Angela Merkel
  2. Janet Yellen
  3. Melinda Gates
  4. Dilma Rousseff
  5. Christine Lagarde
  6. Hillary Clinton
  7. Mary Barra
  8. Michelle Obama
  9. Sheryl Sandberg
  10. Virnia Rometty
  11. Geun-hey Park
  12. Susan Wojcicki
  13. Indra Nooyi
  14. Oprah Winfrey
  15. Irene Rosenfeld
#2 Edited by Master_Live (14845 posts) -

Take a look at that face gentlemen, that's how power looks.

#3 Edited by Masculus (2869 posts) -

Does Michelle Obama posesss any powers besides sending the most powerful man in the world to sleep in the couch?

#4 Edited by hippiesanta (9892 posts) -

where's Malala .... her words are more powerful than highschool kids in america

#5 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7456 posts) -

Wheres Kim K? Huehue.

#6 Edited by GamingGod999 (3002 posts) -

Bow down to Queen B, Bitches!

#7 Posted by GazaAli (23001 posts) -

I have a feeling only Merkel holds actual power in that list. Could be wrong.

#8 Edited by Aljosa23 (25130 posts) -

Merkel has nice boobs.

#9 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

Interesting. I always prefer reading Forbes' lists on the most powerful people compared to Time's lists of most influential.

#10 Edited by Serraph105 (28159 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

I have a feeling only Merkel holds actual power in that list. Could be wrong.

Wrong without a doubt. Power holds different forms, in the world of the rich (or upper class if you like) it's all about having the ability to form groups of like minded people who intend to move towards an agreed upon cause. Most of the women in that list (if not all) have the ability to do just that, and they can do so with people are who high enough on the social ladder to work on causes that can affect large parts of the world.

#11 Edited by lamprey263 (24205 posts) -

way to go Merkel

#12 Edited by ferrari2001 (17002 posts) -

@Masculus said:

Does Michelle Obama posesss any powers besides sending the most powerful man in the world to sleep in the couch?

Yea, especially considering the only issue she seems to be concerned about is ensuring that our school children don't have enough to eat at school. That's probably the only issue she's ever tried tackling and she's even failing on that front. Hardly seems like she has any power.

#13 Posted by Serraph105 (28159 posts) -

@ferrari2001 said:

@Masculus said:

Yea, especially considering the only issue she seems to be concerned about is ensuring that our school children don't have enough to eat at school. That's probably the only issue she's ever tried tackling and she's even failing on that front. Hardly seems like she has any power.

It's interesting she certainly fits the bill for my description of power above, but she hasn't chosen to do much with that power. It's amazing to me that she gets the kind of backlash that she does simply because of how benign her cause is, but then again haters gonna hate as they say.

#14 Posted by sonicare (53485 posts) -

Hilary Clinton would be number one but she has brain damage.

#15 Posted by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

Pretty sure the only reason Michelle Obama is on the list is because she's the first lady. She has no power whatsoever and the only notable thing she's done since becoming First Lady is her whole healthy eating campaign and that whole campaign has been a giant failure so.....

#16 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1750 posts) -

pff, I could easily beat up Angela Merkel

#17 Posted by Master_Live (14845 posts) -

@TwistedShade said:

Pretty sure the only reason Michelle Obama is on the list is because she's the first lady. She has no power whatsoever and the only notable thing she's done since becoming First Lady is her whole healthy eating campaign and that whole campaign has been a giant failure so.....

I'm loving seeing her fail.

#18 Posted by one_plum (6358 posts) -

@4myAmuzumament said:

pff, I could easily beat up Angela Merkel

If you can get past her bodyguards.

#19 Posted by Barbariser (6724 posts) -

It's a pity that Merkel doesn't use that power for anything besides pointlessly fucking up Europe.