For those who enjoy Friday The 13th movie series, (Jason) how would you rank them all?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56317 Posts

I been watching and enjoying just about all Friday the 13th movies since I was 13 here and there, even Jason X was just a guilty pleasure but anyways this is how I rank them from good to bad. From first to last:

1. Friday The 13th Part 3
  2. Friday The 13th (original)
  3. Friday The 13th Part 2
  4. Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (despite it get's hated, I enjoy it for the most parts)
  5. Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood
  6. Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning
  7. Friday The 13th Part 4: The Final Chapter
  8. Freddy Vs. Jason
  9. Jason X (Just like with Manhattan, it finds it's ways to be entertining but that's about it)
  10. Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
  11. Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (One of the worst Jason movies I have ever seen, only watch it once and ever rewatch it again)

Haven't seen 2009 remake but now that I think about it, I should go check it out at some point. Well OT, did enjoy all the Jason movies by any chance?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I liked 1-5, after that I was done with the franchise. I would say that 5 is my favorite because we finally get someone who could actually square off against the big guy. I watched that Freddy vs Jason B.S but I didn't like how they ended it for Jason. It's pretty obvious the people who made that film are freddy fans!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Jason vs Carrie was one of my favorites. I agree Jason X sucks but being a B rated slasher movie it's entertaining at times.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

Right now I need to think about the question BUT I often wonder how much better 2-6 would have been with Hodder as Jason.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts

The fact you have Jason so high (#4?! Really?!) makes me want to render the list null and void.

Jason takes Manhattan--the one where Jason's on a boat for half the movie, (how the hell does a yacht go from Camp Crystal Lake--a LAKE, mind you not a river--to the Hudson River/New York area), and the rest of it was in Vancouver, with only 2 brief scenes in actuall New York?!

Don't even mention the stupid way he dies in that movie...

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I only saw Freddy VS Jason lol.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

My personal opinion:

1. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
  2. Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter
  3. Friday the 13th (2009)
  4. Freddy vs. Jason
  5. Friday the 13th Part III
  6. Jason X
  7. Friday the 13th Part II
  8. Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning
  9. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
  10. Friday the 13th (1980)
  11. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
  12. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
derekjeter2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 derekjeter2005
Member since 2005 • 1524 Posts

The Final Chapter

Jason Takes Manhattan

Friday the 13th (2009)

The New Blood

Jason Lives

Part 3

Part 5

Part 2

Jason X

Friday the 13th (1980)

Freddy vs. Jason

Jason Goes to Hell

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Solaryellow

@hallenbeck77 said:

The fact you have Jason so high (#4?! Really?!) makes me want to render the list null and void.

Jason takes Manhattan--the one where Jason's on a boat for half the movie, (how the hell does a yacht go from Camp Crystal Lake--a LAKE, mind you not a river--to the Hudson River/New York area), and the rest of it was in Vancouver, with only 2 brief scenes in actuall New York?!

As compared with Zombie Jason drowning in both six and seven?

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@Solaryellow: As stupid as they were, the drowning deaths were fine compared to what happened in 8:

I mean, a river of toxic waste flowing in the "New York" sewer system washes away the decomposing flesh of a dead psycho killer--who spits up water and cries "Mommy, help me!" IN A LITTLE KID'S VOICE before the sludge hits him--to reveal...a little kid in swim trunks?! Who doesn't even have the deformities he had in those first two movies when he drowned initially!! WITH NO EXPLAINATION whatsoever on any of it--even the survivors of this don't acknowledge it!!!

F this movie in the worst possible way. THE worst one in the franchise, period.

derekjeter2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 derekjeter2005
Member since 2005 • 1524 Posts

You kids simply don't understand how badass Jason Takes Manhattan was. It was an open-world RPG instead of the linear BS that came before it with the campers being stuck in a camp and being killed off whenever they separated from each other. Jason Takes Manhattan was one of the first times when Jason came after people even if they were in groups of 3 or 4 and chased them all over the city, it was simply a badass horror film.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

It's always hard to rank these as I'm a big slasher fan and all the Friday the 13th movies are fun for me on various levels so I can pretty much sit down and watch them any on any given day. But here goes...

1. Friday the 13th (1980)
  2. Friday the 13th Part II
  3. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
  4. Jason X
  5. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
  6. Friday the 13th Part III in 3D
  7. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
  8. Friday the 13th (2009)
  9. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
  10. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
  11. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14820 Posts

1. Friday the 13th (1880)
2. Friday the 13th Part II
3. Friday the 13th: Final Chapter
4. Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI
5. Freddy vs. Jason
6. Friday the 13th Part III
7. Friday the 13th (2009)
8. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
9. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
10. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
11. Jason X
12. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56317 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Jason Takes Manhattan is one of the most hated entries, and I perfectly understand why too. The best thing that came about with was the change of scenery is a nice switch-up from the usual lake/woods setting which was getting stale to a point it was time for a new area. Fun kills, very creative. The ending does baffles me and it comes out of nowhere. I think a lot of the hatred comes (and rightly so) from the blatant false promise of the title. It's mostly set on a boat, they don't get to New York until there's about half an hour left. And almost all the "New York" scenes were actually shot in Vancouver. (Which, coincidentally, is the same fake New York in Rumble in the Bronx). I knew about this going in, so that's probably why I enjoyed it as much as I did. The nautical and urban settings were a nice change of pace from the lake, and there were some enjoyable kills in there and the lol teleport Jason.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@davillain-: there was just too much wrong with it to be even enjoyed on a bad level. But at least someone got a kick out of it. Was wondering how this second reboot was gonna play out, but Paramount cancelled the production last month.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

4>Too lazy to rank the rest.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Solaryellow

@hallenbeck77 said:

@Solaryellow: As stupid as they were, the drowning deaths were fine compared to what happened in 8:

After part four the subsequent sequels all portrayed some ridiculous finale. A zombie drowning twice (once by another zombie), a zombie turning into a child, a zombie burning up in space, etc.., Taking parts 5 through Hell it was nothing more than being as absurd as possible. Christ, one sequel didn't even have Jason as the antagonist. It was a po'd EMT. Pushing the envelope is one thing. Complete absurdity is another. Maybe it should have stopped after four.

RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

The first 4 movies are easily the best. After that it went downhill badly, but they can still be a good watch for some dumb fun.

1. Friday The 13th 1980 (The first but imo the best one, the atmosphere is just top notch. Amazing acting by Betsy Palmer)
  2. Friday The 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter (I loved Corey Feldmans role and his showdown with Jason is just epic)
  3. Friday The 13th Part III (The one where Jason finds his mask)
  4. Friday The 13th part II (Little weaker then the others because I didn't like the main lead that much)
  5. Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning (Sadly this one lacks the real Jason, but I liked the other killers motive and most of the deaths that occured)
  6. Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (At this point the movies get a lot less interesting, but I liked the chase with Tommy Jarvis to Jason)
  7. Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood (This is really just Friday the 13th with psychic power gimmick, I didn't like it that much and the cst wasn't that likeable)
  8. Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (I actually love the idea of having Jason in New York, but he has been on a boat for like 80% of the movie and the whole chase troughout the city felt really stupid with a dumb ending)
  9. Freddy Vs. Jason (I've liked Freddy more than Jason, it felt like Jasons role was lacking in this movie)
  10. Friday the 13th 2009 (Not that memorable to me, I don't remember liking Jason all that much in here)
  11. Jason X (Cheap, silly and I didn't like that there was to little attention to Jason but to much attention to the cast)
  12. Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (Just awful, think I watched it twice in my life but never again)
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

They are all awful.

Side note: The real "Camp Crystal Lake" is actually a Boy Scout camp in New Jersey that I camped at when I was a kid a couple winters.

-Byshop

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

This is going to be really bad, but I honestly love Freddy vs. Jason the most.