For those of you who are in a relationship

#1 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

How close in age are you to your significant other?

I've got 3 1/2 years on my wife.

#2 Posted by Korvus (3896 posts) -

6 here.

#3 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@korvus: She's older than you by 6 years or vise versa?

#4 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (971 posts) -

8 years older

#5 Posted by toast_burner (21746 posts) -

6 years

#6 Posted by Korvus (3896 posts) -

@jasean79: Yep, she's older.

#7 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@korvus: Interesting. Most times, the guy is older than the woman in relationships.

#8 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17496 posts) -

I am 4 years older.

My birthday is at the beginning of November and her's is at the end of November.

#9 Posted by hummer700 (10197 posts) -

I'm a year and 9 days older.

#10 Posted by sibu_xgamer (339 posts) -

I'm 9 months younger.

#11 Edited by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

I'm ~7 months older than he is, we were born in the same calendar year but if he weren't born prematurely we would be about 8 months apart.

Though both he and his family have this weird obsession with me being 'older' than him, as if we're so far apart in age we're at different points in our lives, or something.

#12 Posted by foxhound_fox (88688 posts) -

We are technically the same age (born the same year) but I'm a December baby and she is January.

#13 Edited by Allicrombie (25226 posts) -

My friend is 35 and I think his mail order bride is 26.

#14 Posted by Assassin_87 (2314 posts) -

My wife is six months younger than me, almost exactly.

#15 Posted by TheFlush (5565 posts) -

My man is 10.5 years older than I am.

#17 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10181 posts) -

i don't know how old she is and i don't care.

#18 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36824 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

We are technically the same age (born the same year) but I'm a December baby and she is January.

Which would make you 11 months apart and really only the same age for a month

#19 Edited by indzman (18078 posts) -

All my ex were 4 - 6 years younger to me , i prefer young girls in relationship ( they are good in bed, lively, know how to've fun in life, not so cunning ). mature women are very dominating and always money, money, money or career, career,career.

#20 Posted by foxhound_fox (88688 posts) -

@chaoscougar1 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

We are technically the same age (born the same year) but I'm a December baby and she is January.

Which would make you 11 months apart and really only the same age for a month

11 days, actually.

#21 Posted by themajormayor (25847 posts) -

She's 3 & 1/2 years older

#22 Edited by Korvus (3896 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@chaoscougar1 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

We are technically the same age (born the same year) but I'm a December baby and she is January.

Which would make you 11 months apart and really only the same age for a month

11 days, actually.

Then it's not the same year, is it? =p

#23 Posted by foxhound_fox (88688 posts) -

@korvus said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@chaoscougar1 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

We are technically the same age (born the same year) but I'm a December baby and she is January.

Which would make you 11 months apart and really only the same age for a month

11 days, actually.

Then it's not the same year, is it? =p

Technically it is. >_>

#24 Edited by Korvus (3896 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: Now I'm curious what your definition of the word "technically" is. You were born with less than a year difference but not in the same year. As far as I know, a year ends on December 31st everywhere, so if one of you was born in December and the other one in January 11 days later, it's not the same year.

#25 Edited by foxhound_fox (88688 posts) -

@korvus said:

@foxhound_fox: Now I'm curious what your definition of the word "technically" is. You were born with less than a year difference but not in the same year. As far I know I know, a year ends on december 31st everywhere, so if one of you was born in December and the other one in January 11 days later, it's not the same year.

No, we are born the same year. She the beginning of January and I near the end of December.

#26 Edited by Korvus (3896 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: Then it's 11 months difference, like chaos said =)

EDIT: Never mind, I'm an idiot. I misread your post. I read it as you meaning that you were born 11 days apart. You meant that you are the same age for 11 days.

#27 Posted by thehig1 (2231 posts) -

@Allicrombie: niiice!!!

I'm 3 years older than my girlfriend

#28 Edited by lostrib (37606 posts) -

My girlfriend is less than a year older than me

#29 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

I'm 3 years older than her.

#30 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36824 posts) -

@korvus said:

@foxhound_fox: Then it's 11 months difference, like chaos said =)

EDIT: Never mind, I'm an idiot. I misread your post. I read it as you meaning that you were born 11 days apart. You meant that you are the same age for 11 days.

Don't worry
I was thinking the same thing

#31 Posted by thegerg (15441 posts) -

A little over 4 years.

#32 Posted by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

I have 3 1/2 years on my GF. Never really think about it unless I bring up something from my distant past and she was a little too young to relate or remember.

#33 Posted by XOne_ShotX91 (151 posts) -

Just over 2 years older than her.

#34 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -
@indzman said:

All my ex were 4 - 6 years younger to me , i prefer young girls in relationship ( they are good in bed, lively, know how to've fun in life, not so cunning ). mature women are very dominating and always money, money, money or career, career,career.

So you don't like them to be ambitious and successful?

#35 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8523 posts) -

She is 5 years younger. She was 21 when we started dating and I was 26. I would not of wanted to go any younger than that.

#36 Edited by sukraj (23040 posts) -

9 months older than my wife.

#37 Posted by PonchoTaco (2173 posts) -

5 month difference