This topic is locked from further discussion.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

So I had sushi and some other raw seafood at a pretty reputable place for dinner.  Just spent the past half hour pooping my brains out.  Went to the bathroom 5 times in a row and had diarrhea.  Also a burning feeling in my stomach.  Anyone know if this could be food poisoning ?  I'm generally pretty healthy and don't get sick or anything frequently.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

"

Symptoms

By Mayo Clinic staff

Food poisoning symptoms vary with the source of contamination. Most types of food poisoning cause one or more of the following signs and symptoms:

• Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Watery diarrhea
  • Abdominal pain and cramps
  • Fever

Signs and symptoms may start within hours after eating the contaminated food, or they may begin days or possibly even weeks later. Sickness caused by food poisoning generally lasts from one to 10 days.

When to see a doctor
If you experience any of the following signs or symptoms, seek medical attention.

• Frequent episodes of vomiting that interfere with your ability to keep liquids down
  • Vomiting blood
  • Severe diarrhea for more than three days
  • Blood in your bowel movements
  • Extreme pain or severe abdominal cramping
  • An oral temperature higher than 101.5 F (38.6 C)
  • Signs or symptoms of dehydration excessive thirst, dry mouth, little or no urination, severe weakness, dizziness or lightheadedness
  • Difficulty speaking
  • Trouble swallowing
  • Double vision
  • Muscle weakness that progresses downward

If you suspect food poisoning, also contact your local health department. Your report can help the health department identify a potential outbreak and may help prevent other people from getting sick. You may need to describe what you ate, where got the food you think is making you sick, when you got sick and your symptoms.

here

you could also have that crappy bug going around that last for a day where you puke your guts out then your fine the next day...

"

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Have you started vomiting too? I got food poisoning once from Pizza Hut and could barely stop pooping to throw up and vice versa. It lasted about a day and after I'd expelled all that was in me and what felt like more, I started feeling better. But if you're not typing this from the toilet, it doesn't sound like food poisoning. If you've sh*t yourself half to death and you're still feeling bad, go to the hospital. And try to keep drinking stuff, lots of water or gatorade if you have it. Being dehydrated will just prolong your agony, whatever it is.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Thanks for all the advice.  I'm actually starting to feel a bit better.  There is still a slight burning sensation every now and again in my stomach but I'm not running to the toilet every couple mins anymore.  Just drinking lots of water and hopefully get to sleep soon.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Thanks for all the advice.  I'm actually starting to feel a bit better.  There is still a slight burning sensation every now and again in my stomach but I'm not running to the toilet every couple mins anymore.  Just drinking lots of water and hopefully get to sleep soon.

nooblet69
keep a bucket near your bed. not fun clean up...
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

So I had sushi and some other raw seafood at a pretty reputable place for dinner.  Just spent the past half hour pooping my brains out.  Went to the bathroom 5 times in a row and had diarrhea.  Also a burning feeling in my stomach.  Anyone know if this could be food poisoning ?  I'm generally pretty healthy and don't get sick or anything frequently.

nooblet69
I don't think it's food poisoning. I've heard of people who got food poisoning, and they always told me that it's a LOT worse than you described. But I don't know...maybe mild food poisoning? I actually had the same thing happen to me the other day. I kept having to poop every half hour. That night, I must have spent at least 3 hours sitting on the toilet trying to evacuate my bowels. But I wasn't actually pooping. My body kept telling me that I needed to poop, but after the first couple of times, all I was able to squeeze out was a little bit of sludge. You know what it was like? It was like the "dry heaves", except from my butt instead of from my mouth. You know that horrible feeling when you get really sick and you need to vomit, but you don't have anything left to vomit up? So you're just heaving over the toilet trying to get something out, and it sort of feels like you're dying? Well, it was kind of like that. Except instead of vomit, we're talking about poop. Anyway, man did my butt hurt. I think from all the wiping. But yeah...my butt felt like it was on fire, it burned like hell. But like I said, I think that was mostly due to all the wiping. My guts also burned like I had acid eating away my insides, but that's not too unusual for me. I get that feeling fairly frequently. I think maybe I have ulcers or something (I should probably see a doctor about that). I like spicy food, so my assumption was always just that the burning sensation was due to spicy poop making its way past an ulcer. But yeah...I actually got a burning sensation too, but I just assumed it was because I'd eaten spicy chicken. Anyway, while I can explain the burning, what I can't explain is that I spent so much time on the toilet trying to poop something out. THAT'S not normal for me, so maybe it was a mild case of food poisoning. Just a note...this also sort of happens to me when I eat too much. If I stuff myself with too much food, sometimes I get similar symptons. I think what's happening is that my body is trying to make room for the new food by forcing itself to squeeze out the old food, and that strain is part of what causes the discomfort. But it could be either/or. What happened with me was that I got a LOT of fried chicken. I tried to down it in one sitting, but it was just too much and I could eat no more. So then I left it out on the counter for about 16 hours, before eating the rest. Maybe my sickness was caused by eating food that I'd left out of refrigeration for 16 hours, or maybe my sickness was caused by stuffing myself with way more food than my body could handle. I guess it could be either of those things.