This topic is locked from further discussion.

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 benny_boy98
Member since 2015 • 485 Posts

Lately I have really let my diet go, and I think the main reason for this is for ever allowing myself cheat days atall. How do I get back on track and stop binging and even stop having a cheat day atall, how do I stop the cravings?

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

You should have a cheat meal or two(at max) each week that helped me alot during my 5 months of losing weight(lost 70 pounds) but at the end of the day it comes down to willpower. Buy foods like grapes and other healthy stuff and eat more portioned meals, if you are living with your parents talk to them about a healthier diet.

Also water is a great tool to stop cravings and so is going outside and doing other activities that get your mind off of food

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 benny_boy98
Member since 2015 • 485 Posts

@fueled-system: basically I have eat well all week, and had a cheat meal today a take away, so am I still okay to have a few drinks tomorrow or should I not?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

you have to go cold turkey with sugar just like you would with alcohol or cigarettes.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#7 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I try to limit my cheat meals to once a day. Goodness knows I don't have time to make a healthy meal twice a day.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

^^Sure you do!

AnnaSiciliana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AnnaSiciliana
Member since 2016 • 8 Posts

you should try limiting your cheat meals to once at 2 days

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I pig out a lot. But, it's usually on fruits: mangoes, rainier cherries, chopped and chilled watermelon, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Apparently,someone has to fat shame you.

edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts

@thegerg said:

There's nothing that you can really do to stop the cravings, but you can beat them. They'll lessen over time.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

BAH, I'll just pay for the blasted liposuction!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I've found that if I stick to eating food I prepare myself, even my worst days of binge eating are no where near as bad as days where I binge and eat prepared, purchased food. SO yeah go home and make a double burger with bacon and cheese, it's still 10x better than going to Jack in the Box or some crap.

I wouldn't totally forsake "cheat" days, just view them as "treat" days instead. "Cheat" attaches a certain taboo to what you are doing, like "Oooooh I'm a naughty boy, naughty naughty" and somehow makes it more attractive to overindulge on. "Treat" implies its a bonus, like you eat normal but you maybe indulge yourself a bit; so have fries with your sandwich instead of salad, and don't feel bad about impulsively buying that candy bar if it's just once a week.

Even the most insane "I eat to live, not live to eat" nutjob that pretends to not enjoy food still takes pleasure from good meals, it's important to have at least one meal per week (ideally one day's worth) that you enjoy. It maintains a positive relationship with food.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mrbojangles25

@Storm_Marine said:

you have to go cold turkey with sugar just like you would with alcohol or cigarettes.

You're talking added sugar, right (and maybe high-sugar foods like juice, to an extent)?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#16 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

protein, fiber and a lot of water.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Storm_Marine said:

You're talking added sugar, right (and maybe high-sugar foods like juice, to an extent)?

yes, hell I don't even let myself have maple syrup with my oatmeal, which is unfortunate indeed.

a little bit of fruit and stuff is fine though

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25

@Storm_Marine said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Storm_Marine said:

yes, hell I don't even let myself have maple syrup with my oatmeal, which is unfortunate indeed.

a little bit of fruit and stuff is fine though

Yeah I'm trying to cut most carbohydrates from my diet. I'm not going full blown Atkins or anything, but I've got my cardio covered at work (I walk 15k+ steps a day, plus it's physical work) and I've started weight lifting again.

Doing pretty much a lot of lean protein, mostly green vegetables as sides (cruciferous stuff like chard, brocolli, asparagus, etc). After workout I'll have some fruit and maybe some pasta or a sandwich but that's about it for high-carb foods.

I've been told if you want to lose fat while lifting weights that's kind of the way to go. I'm noticing a big, positive difference digestion-wise as my poops are much more solid, and my body responds appropriately to bad foods; been doing the healthy thing for two weeks feeling good, got drunk last night and ate two frozen burritos and some ice cream, woke up and felt like crap and pooped like four times today. Gotta treat myself better!

*apologies for the bowel descriptions, but it's an important indicator in one's health.

streem26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By streem26
Member since 2016 • 14 Posts

If I understood correctly you want to lost weight . As written above try eat healthy food . Also do cardio every day . I hate gym and not so much like running outside , so cardio machine best solution for me . Without cardio I cant lost fat even used 1200 cal per day, not more

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

And add Probiotics to your diet to help reduce the negative bacteria(Candida) in your intestines. High levels of Candida are the result of the typical unhealthy American diet and it also causes cravings.

Most of the stuff that they put in our foods here don't get approved in other industrialized countries

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

@benny_boy98: The only thing to stop stop cheating all the time is you. You have to want, desire even, a healthier, fitter, stronger etc you above all things. When I was on my diet, each time i feel the cravings or binging temptation, one thing i did(amongst other methods) is ask myself "Do I live to eat or do I eat to live?". I reminded myself that my desire to live a much more fulfilling life, to be stronger and healthier, to do all the things that I want, other simple pleasures in life like looking good and wearing any clothes that I want is much more than that mere minutes of pleasure of eating food that I don't need.

Even when I caved in (coz its so easy to go too hard and ending up starving myself) and binge a bit, I immediately follow with a 20-30 minutes workout as damage control, so that I don't feel too bad and a motivation because I got right back on track and dont feel demoralised. So the "cheat" food ends up being used for good anyway, by being the fuel to my extra session of working out.

Hope that helps!

edit: Anyways, controlled cheat days are useful, desirable even, because other than the obvious reason of keeping your sanity in check, it revitalises your body's metabolism. So in a way, cheat days are not cheating, but simply another essential step to your weight-loss efforts.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

Play sports.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#23 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@MarcRecon said:
@hillelslovak said:

And add Probiotics to your diet to help reduce the negative bacteria(Candida) in your intestines. High levels of Candida are the result of the typical unhealthy American diet and it also causes cravings.

Most of the stuff that they put in our foods here don't get approved in other industrialized countries

Lots of stuff that cause cancer, like many dyes, and preservatives, are illegal in every other industrialized country but america. That is a large cause of our problems, along with the over indulgence.

streem26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By streem26

@thegerg: If I not do cardio my weight stable. But when I start to move I'm lost .Maybe if start eat 700 calories a day will be different. but such experiments I never have done.

streem26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By streem26

@thegerg: I m agree with you. But I do not want go hungry, in that I prefer to create a calorie deficit by burning it. IT's IMO not dogma)

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

You lose weight in the kitchen as they say. You're nutrition has to be a priority over exercise. Some people overestimate how much energy/calories they've burned w/ exercise and eat more than they should/would if they hadn't exercised.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@benny_boy98 said:

Lately I have really let my diet go, and I think the main reason for this is for ever allowing myself cheat days atall. How do I get back on track and stop binging and even stop having a cheat day atall, how do I stop the cravings?

Just give your body what it wants. Don't resist, let it go. If i want cake, i'll eat cake, lol ..

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

I have nothing revolutionary to add. What I do:

1. Try to eat homecooked food.

2. Wait 10 minutes between helpings.

3. Keep sweets(chocolate, ice creak, cookies, etc) out of the house. I am NOT saying don't eat sweets. But if you have to get dressed hop in the car and go buy the stuff that gives you time to think if you really need it.

4. Exercise vigorously. That doesn't mean exercise super long. But don't expect to see tons of benefits from walking around the block once or twice.

5. Try to do without that late night snack.

Remember you aren't going to starve. Eat candy and not cake. Eat fruit and not candy. Drink soda and not beer. Drink lemonade and not soda. Drink water and not lemonade(etc). Just gradually change your lifestyle and you will see changes in your body.

But still enjoy yourself some. You only live once.