#2 Posted by foxhound_fox (86957 posts) -

SO GRITTY

#3 Edited by indzman (16457 posts) -
#4 Posted by johnd13 (7805 posts) -

He seems too plain.

#5 Posted by indzman (16457 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

He seems too plain.

Then there is Arkham Knight game releasing too. Good year for Batman :)

#6 Posted by jasean79 (2283 posts) -

Is Matt Damon starring as Robin?

#7 Posted by solidruss (23639 posts) -

Looks good!

#8 Posted by Master_Live (13636 posts) -

#9 Posted by SaintLeonidas (25723 posts) -

Snyder released this in a tweet where he linked and described the camera he used...ALREADY with the product placement.

#10 Edited by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

I very much doubt that Affleck has such a ripped and muscular physique.

#11 Edited by robokill (1064 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

millions of dollars, personal trainers, personal chefs and a home gym probably make it easy to do

#12 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

It looks good, but I wish the ears were longer.

EDIT:

I'm smiling right now. Damn, it looks good. It's markedly different from Nolan's designs but just as cool as Begins' suit and cooler than TDK(R)'s suit. The large emblem reminds me of the design used in The Dark Knight Returns. In fact, the entire suit, especially the ears, reminds me of Returns, which makes sense because this film's conflict between Batman and Superman will be based on that comic. Brilliant.

#13 Edited by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

@robokill said:

@GazaAli said:

millions of dollars, personal trainers, personal chefs and a home gym probably make it easy to do

It certainly would make it easy to do but what I'm getting at here is that I don't think he ever was that kind of an actor. Could it be possible that he acquired this physique only recently for this role? It may be the case.

#14 Edited by uninspiredcup (6938 posts) -

He was pretty good in daredevil imo. The movie itself around him, was shit.

Superman Returns main weakness imo was it was trying to hard to basically be Superman Begins. I'd be more worried about a shitty script than da batfleck,

Does he look the part in that picture? Fuck yea. I hated DK and TDK egg kneck robobat.

Shit looks like straight up Jim Lee style cosplay.

#15 Posted by robokill (1064 posts) -

that's true Affleck has shown he is a good enough actor for many roles, if he doesn't do the stupid raspy batvoice it might even be better than Christian Bale. The script is going to be the huge majority of whether he's a good batman or not.

#16 Edited by uninspiredcup (6938 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

Eh. Michael Keaton was a small guy, not very well built. I doubt anyone really gave a shit.
They did, before he was Batman, due to the fact he was comedy actor.

#17 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

Eh. Michael Keaton was a small guy, not very well built. I doubt anyone really gave a shit.

They did, before he was Batman, due to the fact he was comedy actor.

I'm not saying I necessarily give a shit, although I really don't give a shit about Affleck in general. The point here is that I'm surprised by the photo in the OP.

#18 Edited by Evil_Saluki (4870 posts) -

Looks like he's ripped right out of Arkham Asylum. You got to give credit where it's due.

"Edit - Ok after first impressions and closer inspection, he looks like he's wearing a teddy bear costume.

#19 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1743 posts) -

Ears look too short and the suit doesn't look like something a billionaire invested in.

#20 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

Can't really trash this, it looks just like TDKR batsuit which is a great thing.

#21 Posted by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@robokill said:

@GazaAli said:

It certainly would make it easy to do but what I'm getting at here is that I don't think he ever was that kind of an actor. Could it be possible that he acquired this physique only recently for this role? It may be the case.

its possible he was jacked up on steroids, ill bet a cool mil he cant pass a piss test. In fact, all the actors that miraculously bulk up for a role, are on crazy amounts of roids.

#22 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149522 posts) -

Looks good.....now to see how it translates.

#23 Posted by lonewolf604 (8511 posts) -

I was hoping that the next live batman can actually be agile and fast....This suit looks extra bulky. I also hope he can turn his head with that Adam West cowl.

#24 Posted by JangoWuzHere (15930 posts) -

He looks like cat man with those short ears.

#25 Posted by BranKetra (47515 posts) -

I was hoping that the next live batman can actually be agile and fast....This suit looks extra bulky. I also hope he can turn his head with that Adam West cowl.

The thing that makes Batman special is that he is bulky and agile at the same time. If Ben Affleck is really that big now, awesome.

#26 Edited by megagene (22975 posts) -

Welp... He looks like Batman, at least. That's really all I can get from that.

#27 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (655 posts) -

It reminds me of the old Batman tv show costume when the costume had small ears. I like it, but it doesn't look like a live photo to me. In fact, it looks CGI. I'll wait for a better photo to come out before really judging it.

#28 Posted by Aljosa23 (24315 posts) -

Looks good.....now to see how it translates.

Yeah I think it looks good, too, like a mix between Jim Lee and Frank Miller's Batman.

Much better than the military look of the Nolan films. Don't know what everyone here is bitching about.

#29 Edited by LoG-Sacrament (20395 posts) -

he looks like adam west on steroids.

#30 Edited by flazzle (6488 posts) -

I agree. I like a slick and sleek Batmobile. Don't care much for a tank like vehicle, but that seems what is expected now.

I think he could be officially bulked up. Brad Pitt bulked up for Troy just like that I am pretty sure.

I wish he had the longer ears.

But just nitpicking. Looks sharp!

#31 Edited by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

Looks good to me. Little scared about the fleck being batman, hes usually better in serious films.

#32 Posted by zeroyaoi (1836 posts) -

Is batman supposed to be that muscular? :o

#33 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3687 posts) -

not bad.

I think I liked the tank better.

#34 Edited by brimmul777 (1058 posts) -

You guy's know he really isn't that muscular,it's plastic molding to give him the affect of his false physique.BTW,another shitty Batman movie.

#35 Posted by playmynutz (5925 posts) -

punk batman the dark knight would pound you

#36 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

For those of you complaining about how bulky this suit is, you all have to realize that this design is based on that used in The Dark Knight Returns, a comic created by Frank Miller. You see, the fight between Batman and Superman that will take place in this film is based on the fight in said comic, which is why this suit is based on the one used in said comic. Here's a picture of Batman from that comic; notice the similarities between the following Batman and Affleck's Batman.

Also, considering that Batman donned a different, armored suit when fighting Superman in said comic, I expect Affleck's Batman to don another, armored suit in the movie.

#37 Posted by hippiesanta (9735 posts) -

Fake Muscle, fake attitude .... short ears .... lol

#38 Edited by zeroyaoi (1836 posts) -
#39 Posted by Brutal_Elitegs (16136 posts) -

http://i5.minus.com/j30x7RjqFozGK.jpg

small change, but so much better

#40 Posted by Behardy24 (2372 posts) -

Have they real started filming?

#41 Posted by Shadow4020 (1940 posts) -

I like the shorter ears, but I'm not a big fan of the huge bat symbol; I've been on the fence about Affleck, but this looks great so far.

#42 Posted by PsychoLemons (1919 posts) -

Meh, for now.

#43 Posted by zeroyaoi (1836 posts) -
#44 Edited by Serraph105 (27580 posts) -

I'm wondering if the belt is yellow or not. At any rate Zach Snyder gave us this pic before giving us the lackluster Man of Steel so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

#45 Posted by harry_james_pot (10159 posts) -

lol, he looks terrible!

#46 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16427 posts) -

Ears are too short for my tastes but aside from that looks fine.

But I highly doubt I'll end up seeing this movie.

#47 Edited by Qixote (10648 posts) -

No amount of excessive latex fake muscles can get me excited about this.

#48 Edited by BranKetra (47515 posts) -

small change, but so much better

The cowl looks like Batman now. I actually did not like the Dark Knight Returns ears because they were too short like the original version of this photo.

#49 Posted by Legend002 (6653 posts) -

Are those hockey pads? :P

#50 Edited by lamprey263 (22453 posts) -

I'm indifferent to him playing Batman, I'm more upset Warber Bros didn't snatch up Gina Carano as Wonder Woman for the upcoming Batman-Superman and Justice League movies, instead they went with the an anorexic twiggy with less muscle definition than DJ Squalls and who's as curvy as an ironing board.