Firefox celebrates 10-year anniversary!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

And today, in honor of that anniversary, it has released Firefox 33.1, which adds a Forget button among other things! Sweet!

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/11/developer-edition-and-privacy-are-firefoxs-10th-birthday-present-for-the-world/

Happy belated 10th birthday, Firefox! :)

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Are you a Firefox shill?

Anyways:

Firefox plots a fully anonymous Internet

From the article:

Firefox wants to ensure the possibility of true online anonymity for Internet users.

On Monday, Mozilla — the company behind Firefox — revealed a project aiming to guarantee freedom from online tracking and the ability to browse the Web incognito.

“We want to advance the state of the art in privacy features, with a specific focus on bringing them to more mainstream audiences,” said Denelle Dixon-Thayer, who leads Mozilla’s public policy and legal teams, in a blog post on the so-called "Polaris" privacy initiative.

The software company is working on Polaris with the Tor Project, famous for its anonymity software, and the digital rights advocate Center for Democracy & Technology.

The groups’ efforts are another development in the ongoing back-and-forth between private companies and governments over access to consumer data.

Polaris would enable Tor to “work more quickly and easily” on the Firefox browser, Dixon-Thayer said. Tor allows users to surf the Internet undetected, and gives websites the ability to hide from detection.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds nice.

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#5 aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

Firefox is the only Internet browser I use, every other browser is crap. Firefox is just easy to use and I like my privacy, Google Chrome is going to be cataloging how many times I breath next :P