Fifteen Year Old Killed for Behaving Like a Fifteen Year Old

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

What do you guys think of this story?

#2 Posted by Korvus (3948 posts) -

The world is going to hell. Not because this happened but because I read the title of this thread and wasn't even surprised =(

#3 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

I hope you guys can see the video. If you can't, here's the link.

#4 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

The world is going to hell. Not because this happened but because I read the title of this thread and wasn't even surprised =(

I understand your point; gun violence is becoming too common.

#5 Posted by Korvus (3948 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef: Video is working fine for me =)

#6 Posted by hippiesanta (9892 posts) -

things would be different if she's white I guess

#7 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

It doesn't seem as if CNN is covering the story; I guess it's not important enough for them. I'll check the other major news networks.

#8 Posted by themajormayor (25853 posts) -

Since it's TYT we can't know if this happened or not.

#9 Posted by Korvus (3948 posts) -

@themajormayor said:

Since it's TYT we can't know if this happened or not.

If only there was a way to quickly search for worldwide information so we could be sure... =P

#10 Posted by Renevent42 (5326 posts) -
@BluRayHiDef said:

It doesn't seem as if CNN is covering the story; I guess it's not important enough for them. I'll check the other major news networks.

First off, they are:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/17/us/arkansas-prank-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Secondly, there's thousands of murders that happen every year they (or any news agency) shouldn't need to cover them all. That doesn't mean it's not important. In this case, it's clear why it is covered, teens shot for doing a silly prank...horrific.

@BluRayHiDef said:

@Korvus85 said:

I understand your point; gun violence is becoming too common.

I'm pretty sure violent crime in general is on the decline. You just hear about it more from the 24 hour news cycle.

#11 Posted by ad1x2 (5673 posts) -

From what was said in the video, it more facts are needed. On one hand the shooter may have been an asshole who overreacted and shot somebody for something their insurance would take care of.

On the other hand, it was one in the morning and he may have thought the people in the car were doing a drive-by shooting. Waking up out of a deep sleep, he may have heard the eggs hitting the car and though it was gunshots (yes I know eggs don't sound like that but waking up out of your sleep can cause confusion).

If it was the first scenario he needs the book thrown at him. No reason to shoot unarmed teens, the better solution is to call the police with a description of the car followed by a call to your insurance company.

If it is the second scenario he is a moron because when you get shot at you hit the floor, not run out your front door. Hitting the floor makes it less likely for you to be shot by stray bullets than if you run.

I guess the trial will lay more information out for this situation.

#12 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9842 posts) -

Its a pretty simple philosophy, dont fuck with people or there property and everything will be alright.

People need more beat downs and retaliations from the victims, cuz people today like to fuck with people just for fun and to look all hard. Some fucks with you, dont matter if its a woman who gets on your face, you punch that bitch hard.

#13 Posted by Korvus (3948 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow: And then she can shoot you in the face, because we need more retaliations, right? =D

#14 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9842 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

@Nengo_Flow: And then she can shoot you in the face, because we need more retaliations, right? =D

common sense would tell you not to directly confront some one with a gun.

But thats why you carry a piece aswell..... so if you go out, they'll all go with you.

Yes Im and Anarchist Leninist Marxist.

#15 Edited by bforrester420 (1662 posts) -

I bet Willie Noble was a law-abiding gun owner that obtained his gun legally...and ended up committing murder with that legally obtained gun.

I'm tired of guns...

#16 Posted by Solaryellow (489 posts) -

The title of the clip is odd. I doubt everyone has egged a car or poured syrup on a car as the host of the show suggested.

Also, according to the male host, he sees millions of stories of people being killed from a firearm yet never sees any of people protecting themselves with a firearm. I wonder why. The media doesn't like to show any of the positives of firearm ownership. Rather, we're suppose to believe it's the Wild West again and Billy The Kid is roaming the streets.

#17 Posted by comp_atkins (31476 posts) -

*files patent for trigger locking mechanism that will prevent retards from operating a firearm*

#18 Edited by Xabiss (8 posts) -

Well guess what if these teenagers were out not doing ILLEGAL things, yes egging someones property is ILLEGAL, they wouldn't have been shot at PERIOD. I am sorry a girl got shot and I agree it is a bit over the top to shoot at them, but they SHOULDN'T BE PUTTING THEMSELVES IN THAT SITUATION AND IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN!!!!

And that guy on that newscast saying he has never heard of a story where guns have saved people. Well he does not read the news enough then. There are plenty of stories about peoples houses being broke into were a citizen protected there property. Such BS? That guy was spewing.

#19 Posted by lostrib (37701 posts) -
@Xabiss said:

Well guess what if these teenagers were out not doing ILLEGAL things, yes egging someones property is ILLEGAL, they wouldn't have been shot at PERIOD. I am sorry a girl got shot and I agree it is a bit over the top to shoot at them, but they SHOULDN'T BE PUTTING THEMSELVES IN THAT SITUATION AND IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN!!!!

And that guy on that newscast saying he has never heard of a story where guns have saved people. Well he does not read the news enough then. There are plenty of stories about peoples houses being broke into were a citizen protected there property. Such BS? That guy was spewing.

Yeah, shooting at someone is not an appropriate reaction to having your car egged.

And it looks like he is being charged for the crime:

"He was charged with one count of first-degree murder, one count of a terroristic act and five counts of aggravated assault, they said.

Bond was set at $1 million."

And I guess, luckily we wont have to hear anything about racism

#20 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I stopped watching when he started on a crybaby rant about guns and lost interest when he did. Sad what happened though and good to see the asshole was charged.

#21 Posted by Xabiss (8 posts) -

@lostrib said:
@Xabiss said:

Yeah, shooting at someone is not an appropriate reaction to having your car egged.

And it looks like he is being charged for the crime:

"He was charged with one count of first-degree murder, one count of a terroristic act and five counts of aggravated assault, they said.

Bond was set at $1 million."

And I guess, luckily we wont have to hear anything about racism

As he very well should be. Just needs to be a lesson for everyone. If you purposely put yourself in a bad situation be prepared for bad stuff to happen. It is a crazy world out there.

#22 Edited by Master_Live (14845 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

Its a pretty simple philosophy, dont fuck with people or there property and everything will be alright.

People need more beat downs and retaliations from the victims, cuz people today like to fuck with people just for fun and to look all hard. Some fucks with you, dont matter if its a woman who gets on your face, you punch that bitch hard.

The 15 year old that resulted dead, and her friends, were retaliating from a prank the shooter's son had played on them; at least accordingly to the video.

#23 Posted by Master_Live (14845 posts) -

@lostrib said:
@Xabiss said:

Yeah, but when you do something like this you are putting yourself at the mercy of what that other person thinks is an appropriate reaction, not yours. And that is that.

#24 Edited by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

I read about this as the kids were pulling a prank on a friend after he pranked them, very sad one of them ended up dying over it though.

One comment that I found annoying was how I guess they have a curfew for kids under 18 at 10:00pm, and the Parents were wondering how come it wasn't being enforced. It made me think "I don't know parents, how come your kids are driving around past curfew"

#25 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@Solaryellow

The title is hyperbolic; it was chosen to convey the idea that egging is something that falls within the range of normal teenage behavior.

#26 Posted by THUMPTABLE (1817 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow:

Just an insight to your lack of IQ!

#27 Edited by plageus900 (1082 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I stopped watching when he started on a crybaby rant about guns and lost interest when he did. Sad what happened though and good to see the asshole was charged.

^This.

On another note, what is a 15 year old doing out driving around at 1:00 AM? Good job parents.

#28 Posted by roulettethedog (10978 posts) -

This idiot belongs in prison for life.

#29 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

I never got blue berry pies from my neighbors :(

I did get cookies from a nice elderly lady! Oh what a tragic for this young girl by the way, did not deserve to die. Inb4 anybody throws out a race card, the murderer is black as well... unless he's like Uncle Ruckus idk.

#30 Edited by CountBleck12 (22939 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

I never got blue berry pies from my neighbors :(

I did get cookies from a nice elderly lady! Oh what a tragic for this young girl by the way, did not deserve to die. Inb4 anybody throws out a race card, the murderer is black as well... unless he's like Uncle Ruckus idk.

"Justice for Uncle Ruckus man, let's go out on the streets and start breaking shit!!!"

#31 Posted by GazaAli (22998 posts) -

Its never justified and is always sad to hear about someone being killed wrongfully especially at a young age. However, what the hell were these kids doing driving around past midnight? Even though what they did didn't warrant a retaliation with a freaking gun, this is not the precept you react according to. You never know what nutjob owns a property or how any stranger will react to something you do to them. Although the perpetrator's claim that he thought of this egging thing as a drive by is ridiculous, he may have indeed been under that impression. Hearing the sound of a car engine and stuff being thrown at your house past 1 AM can be terrifying, especially in a place like the U.S. Or he may be a retard I don't know. Bottom line is, its a tragedy for that girl to die like this, but it could have been easily avoided.

#32 Posted by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

Tragic.

#33 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

Of course they had to bring up gun control, completely disregarding the fact that these teenagers were in front of another man's house at 1 in the morning throwing eggs at his car. When you wake up at midnight thinking someone is attacking your home of course you take out your gun, tell me you wouldn't do the same thing. It's sad that a 15 year old had to die, but before blaming everything on that man let's ask ourselves, why were a bunch of under aged teenagers driving past midnight to Willie Noble's house to throw eggs at his car? And why is that okay?

#34 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

No pedo, but she was very beautiful. What a loss for my community.

#35 Posted by girlshavefuntoo (120 posts) -

Only in America.

#36 Edited by ad1x2 (5673 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

No pedo, but she was very beautiful. What a loss for my community.

Consider reading a dictionary and seeing what the word pedophile actually means.

#37 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@ad1x2:

I know that the correct term is ephebophile; I was speaking colloquially.

#38 Posted by MrGeezer (56552 posts) -

Well, it appears that everyone in this story was a piece of $***.

#39 Posted by Solaryellow (489 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef

Egging property is not normal teenage behavior though and the suggestion, by the male host of the Young Turks, of kids egging and pouring syrup on property as being common is asinine at best. Hyperbole should be his middle name. Listening to the entire clip, the kids are not at fault in the least....according to both him and the female.

#40 Edited by BranKetra (48765 posts) -

Willie Noble has the rest of his life to atone for his crime.

#41 Posted by Flubbbs (3150 posts) -

thats why you dont do stupid stuff like vandalize peoples stuff.. maybe she will learn her lesson next time.. oh wait no she wont. serves her right

#42 Posted by carlandcarl (1249 posts) -

Guns are so fucked, it's a shame when you hear all these stories