Ferguson Case Decision: Grand Jury Decides NOT to Indict.

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#401  Edited By kakamoura
Member since 2014 • 222 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kakamoura:

He's right. You don't need to point out the race of individuals involved....it ONLY causes racists to react to the story.

We shouldn't censor freedom of expression based on what racist people think.

That's literally playing the racist peoples' game and is nurturing a politically correct and scared society.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#402 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

@kakamoura said:

@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@kakamoura said:

@foxhound_fox said:

"A grand jury has declined to indict Darren Wilson, the white Ferguson, Mo. police officer whose fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager"

It really amazes me how prevalent racism still is. Except this isn't the same racism of the 1950's.

Just because they mention their race does not mean it's a racist statement.

You people are obsessed with finding racism everywhere, it's ridiculous.

It's not racism in its raw unadulterated definition; but the race pandering here -- sensationalist race baiting by social and news media -- has been beat to death to no end.

Explain why it's race baiting and not simple display of fact.

If it had been a confrontation between officer Wilson and someone of Indian (as in India) or Japanese heritage, would the media have been as likely to mention race? Doubt it.

I don't have statistics to answer that. I have a feeling you're just pulling it out of your ass though. I'm sure I've seen many titles with the word "Asian" in them.

Also, you didn't react to the label "teenager" or "police officer".

What are these, age baiting? Profession baiting?

Is the mention of someone's race on the news title inherently racist or race baiting?

Now, I'm not saying that this news channel's purpose was not race baiting to begin with, it might as well be, what I'm saying is the mere mention of someone's race on the news is not inherently race-baiting.

And frankly at the end of the day, judging on the case's outcome, if it's racist towards anyone, it's racist towards the police officer, who is most likely innocent but will have his career and life destroyed anyway just because he's white and defended himself from a black guy.

Well, since neither you nor I possess stats to back up our suspicions, and it's judged based on our sense of things and experience, I don't know why you'd claim I'm pulling my judgement of things "out of my ass" any more than you are. I could see it if I'd cited made up stats like people often do (that is certainly pulling out of the derriere), but I wasn't.

RushKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By RushKing
Member since 2009 • 1785 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@xdude85: They don't even seem to realize how bad they're making black people look right now.

Ahhhh, liberals and their respectability politics.

I hope this puts things in perspective.

https://storify.com/betakateenin/white-people-riots

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2014/11/25/white-americans-care-more-about-property-damage-than-dead-people

So true! If this thread is an indicator of anything.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By dsmccracken

@kakamoura said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@kakamoura said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@kakamoura said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

It's not racism in its raw unadulterated definition; but the race pandering here -- sensationalist race baiting by social and news media -- has been beat to death to no end.

Explain why it's race baiting and not simple display of fact.

Do not be disingenuous; the showcase of "race" is an unnecessary inclusion in the headline. You do not see such inclusion unless it's made into a race-issue, then "white" or "black" become key words. Notice how there isn't any inclusion of race in this article's headline? Why not have a "simple display of fact" there?

I'm disingenuous because I lack your bias?

K.

You still haven't explained the difference, I'm waiting.

The difference was showcased above; I will ask again though, why isn't there a "simple display of fact" in every case, or at the very least, in most cases? Why do we not commonly see "white man stabs black man" or "asian man shoots and kills hispanic female"? Thus, when a construct is not common, and it's interjected into a headline for a purpose -- it becomes race baiting/sensationalism. Needless information needs not be inserted into a headline unless the purpose to is to grab clicks. That is pandering to race, that is sensationalism.

Dude you need to either citate your claims or we'd better stop arguing because you're just projecting at this point.

You claim news don't comment on asian or hispanic races. Prove it.

Congratulations on your handsome strawman. Finely constructed.

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405  Edited By kakamoura

@dsmccracken: M8, you're really trying to claim that me telling you to prove your claims is fallacious?

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407  Edited By dsmccracken

@kakamoura said:

@dsmccracken: M8, you're really trying to say me telling you to prove your claims is fallacious?

Me? You were asking it of Stevo_the_gamer...

I didn't say asking for proof was fallacious. What I took issue with was your strawman. You said, and I quote "You (Stevo_the gamer) claim news don't comment on asian or hispanic races. Prove it." Where did he, or anyone, ever say that? Classic strawman.

Strawman

1. Person 1 asserts proposition X.
  2. Person 2 argues against a false but superficially similar proposition Y, as if that were an argument against X.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#408 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Jebus213: If you think that my country is full of bs, watch this video of an american seing how we have it

Video Link

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 kakamoura

@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

@dsmccracken: M8, you're really trying to say me telling you to prove your claims is fallacious?

I didn't say asking for proof was fallacious. What I took issue with was your strawman. You said, and I quote "You (Stevo_the gamer) claim news don't comment on asian or hispanic races. Prove it." Where did he, or anyone, ever say that? Classic strawman.

Strawman

2. Person 2 argues against a false but superficially similar proposition Y, as if that were an argument against X.

He said:

"Why do we not commonly see "white man stabs black man" or "asian man shoots and kills hispanic female"?

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410  Edited By dsmccracken

@kakamoura said:

@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

Strawman

He said:

"Why do we not commonly see "white man stabs black man" or "asian man shoots and kills hispanic female"?

And you don't see the difference between the statement qualified with "commonly", and your rephrasing of "You claim news don't comment on asian or hispanic races. Prove it.", implying ever? That is pure strawman.

Can you see the difference between the following 2 statements:

1. I don't smoke.
  2. I don't often smoke.

Which one is a definitive statement, and which one is a qualified statement?

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By kakamoura

Also, I was mostly quoting this post of yours:

"Well, since neither you nor I possess stats to back up our suspicions, and it's judged based on our sense of things and experience, I don't know why you'd claim I'm pulling my judgement of things "out of my ass" any more than you are. I could see it if I'd cited made up stats like people often do (that is certainly pulling out of the derriere), but I wasn't."

1) I have nothing to prove, I didn't claim anything.

2) You're saying that you do not possess the stats but at the same time you are not talking out of your ass. This is contradictory. If you don't have the stats or science to prove the things you are saying, you are talking out of your ass.

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 kakamoura
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

Strawman

He said:

And you don't see the difference between the statement qualified with "commonly", and your rephrasing of "You claim news don't comment on asian or hispanic races. Prove it.", implying ever? That is pure strawman.

1. I don't smoke.
  2. I don't often smoke.

1) You're not his lawyer.

2) You're arguing semantics and grasping at straws on my incomplete wording. Give me a break. In any case he has to prove that the news commonly don't report it.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 dsmccracken

@kakamoura said:

"Well, since neither you nor I possess stats to back up our suspicions, and it's judged based on our sense of things and experience, I don't know why you'd claim I'm pulling my judgement of things "out of my ass" any more than you are. I could see it if I'd cited made up stats like people often do (that is certainly pulling out of the derriere), but I wasn't."

2) You're saying that you do not possess the stats but at the same time you are not talking out of your ass. This is contradictory. If you don't have the stats or science to prove the things you are saying, you are talking out of your ass.

Jesus...

1) This is a very subjective debate. No one has to, or CAN, prove anything. Not every debate has a black and white (no pun intended) quantitatively measurable "truth".

2) By your definition, every position that anyone ever takes that doesn't have a scientifically verified study behind it is "talking out of your a$$." What is my favourite Tom Cruise movie? Can't discuss it, don't have the statistical analysis to prove it. Do I approve of the President? Can't discuss or share opinion, not scientifically tested.

When discussing actual science, or math, astronomy or physics, etc., it is appropriate to ask for evidence. Asking for evidence on an opinion, which has no study to verify one way or the other, and is merely stated as what one has empirically observed, is just being a turd.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

So there was something on my facebook feed about how I can help donate to Ferguson so it can rebuild. Yeah, **** that. You don't tear your fucking community apart and then expect me to donate to help repair the damage you caused yourselves especially when it was over something as stupid as this.

Detroit is just now finally starting to see some real push for improvement. Any guesses on how long before such a thing happens in Ferguson?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

After the verdict, Michael Brown's step father made a call to burn Ferguson down. The place sounds like a plague infested shithole. Let them burn in it.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@DaJuicyMan said:

@airshocker said:

If I lived in Ferguson, or near the court house, I'd get the **** out of that city.

Everything is pointing to the cop not being indicted and there are so many agent provocateurs there right now that things are going to explode.

The danger of a non-indictment isn't more riots, it's more Darren Wilsons

lol. no. he was an exemplary cop that had never once shot his gun on patrol. the kid got what he deserved because his behavior was way over the line. that's just something his parents are going to have to accept because that's the way it is. but they never will accept it. they'll live with a grudge in their hearts forever and i think that may be the saddest thing about this whole mess.

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416  Edited By kakamoura

@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

Jesus...

1) This is a very subjective debate. No one has to, or CAN, prove anything. Not every debate has a black and white (no pun intended) quantitatively measurable "truth".

2) By your definition, every position that anyone ever takes that doesn't have a scientifically verified study behind it is "talking out of your a$$." What is my favourite Tom Cruise movie? Can't discuss it, don't have the statistical analysis to prove it. Do I approve of the President? Can't discuss or share opinion, not scientifically tested.

When discussing actual science, or math, astronomy or physics, etc., it is appropriate to ask for evidence. Asking for evidence on an opinion, which has no study to verify one way or the other, and is merely stated as what one has empirically observed, is just being a turd.

I didn't ask anyone to prove opinions, I asked him to prove what he claimed was reality and fact.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 dsmccracken

@kakamoura said:

@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

Jesus...

I didn't ask anyone to prove opinions, I asked him to prove what he claimed was reality and fact.

So because he didn't preface every sentence with "IMHO", you are interpreting that he has presented this as some higher proven truth?

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 kakamoura

Holy shit dude.

He said that title was race baiting because news generally don't mention other races besides black and white.

I asked him to show some stats to prove it or something because I don't think that it's inherently race baiting if there's not a bigger pattern here.

Just stop quoting me, you're just tiresome and all over the place with accusations.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 dsmccracken

@kakamoura said:
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

Strawman

He said:

1. I don't smoke.
  2. I don't often smoke.

2) You're arguing semantics and grasping at straws on my incomplete wording. Give me a break. In any case he has to prove that the news commonly don't report it.

I love it when people complain that someone is "arguing semantics." Yes, congratulations, I'm arguing semantics. Semantics is "the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning." When you take a poster's argument and alter it, it seems to me that "arguing semantics" is a completely appropriate response.

I would love to know where people got the idea that "arguing semantics" equates to "arguing trivialities." It's not. When debating meanings and phrasing, what the hell else would you EXPECT me to argue? Chemistry?

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420  Edited By kakamoura
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

Strawman

He said:

1. I don't smoke.
  2. I don't often smoke.

I love it when people complain that someone is "arguing semantics." Yes, congratulations, I'm arguing semantics. Semantics is "the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning." When you take a poster's argument and alter it, it seems to me that "arguing semantics" is a completely appropriate response.

I would love to know where people got the idea that "arguing semantics" equates to "arguing trivialities." It's not. When debating meanings and phrasing, what the hell else would you EXPECT me to argue? Chemistry?

You're trying to twist my argument and make it seem like I accused him of saying EVERY reporter EVER did something, which I did not.

You're just sucking up to him, please stop this.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 dsmccracken

@kakamoura said:
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

Strawman

He said:

1. I don't smoke.
  2. I don't often smoke.

You're trying to twist my argument and make it seem like I accused him of saying EVERY reporter EVER did something, which I did not.

Good lord... quite the contrary, it was YOU saying that he (Stevo_the_gamer) accused every reporter of NEVER doing something.

Sucking up to him... I don't even know him. I've literally never heard the handle "Stevo_the_gamer" until this thread... to my recollection, at least. Why would I be sucking up to him? Or are you redefining "agreeing" as "sucking up"? But forgive me, is that me "arguing semantics" again? So silly, debating over words. How dare different one's in different orders mean different things....

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#423 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@plageus900 said:

Maybe Brown didn't go to heaven as some assume, maybe he went to Soon? lol

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 kakamoura

@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:

Strawman

He said:

1. I don't smoke.
  2. I don't often smoke.

Good lord... quite the contrary, it was YOU saying that he (Stevo_the_gamer) accused every reporter of NEVER doing something.

Sucking up to him... I don't even know him. I've literally never heard the handle "Stevo_the_gamer" until this thread... to my recollection, at least. Why would I be sucking up to him? Or are you redefining "agreeing" as "sucking up"? But forgive me, is that me "arguing semantics" again? So silly, debating over words. How dare different one's in different orders mean different things....

No I didn't, at least that was not my intention.

I already said my wording was poor. Sue me or something, what else do you want me to say?

Don't derail this any further, he STILL has to prove whatever he claimed.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@plageus900 said:

I wonder if these people are self aware of how dumb they look right now.

Hey protesters: The rest of the country think you are fucking stupid...

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jebus213: If you think that my country is full of bs, watch this video of an american seing how we have it

Video Link

Okay so you backed up my point....

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 dsmccracken

@kakamoura:

He doesn't have to prove what he claimed. Let me explain why:

When the parents who don't vaccinate their kids defend their "right to their opinions", it is fully justifiable to demand they substantiate their claims with proof. That they cannot illustrates that they aren't coming from a place of evidence, but that rather their position is more of a belief system. The wealth of evidence debunking their position, yet their steadfast refusal to budge from that position, shows that their "opinion" is non-falsifiable, and therefore not in any way based on evidence (all of which is readily at hand).

There are many similar situations like the above example... conspiracy theorists or "deniers" often come to mind (Kennedy assassination, climate change, 9/11). To demand that the kooks prove their untenable position is fair game, because the bottom line is that there is a wealth of refuting evidence out there.

So you commonly see, in forums like this, when such a debate ignites, people like yourself demanding "proof". But this is not always appropriate or reasonable. Why? Not every subject has been as exhaustively researched and sources as the ones listed above. You want "scientific" proof of his position? How? He can't furnish a study if the study doesn't exist. So with the lack of "proof", does that mean that we simply can't address this, or any other subject where empirical personal observation is our only source of data? Of course not! That would be ridiculous. We'd never be able to talk about any subject (save a few thoroughly researched ones) if that was the requirement. "Is the bus taking longer than usual today? Since I don't have a comprehensive study as to the average wait time at this stop, I simply can't comment on the subject." That's absurd. If we have nothing but personal experience and observation to go by, it is ENTIRELY APPROPRIATE to voice our opinion based on that as long as we don't profess to be basing it on something more.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I think OT is a little too gleefull about all of this. You guys sure love your violence and you sure don't mind breaking a ton of eggs, while making your law enforcement omelet.

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429  Edited By kakamoura
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura:

When the parents who don't vaccinate their kids defend their "right to their opinions", it is fully justifiable to demand they substantiate their claims with proof. That they cannot illustrates that they aren't coming from a place of evidence, but that rather their position is more of a belief system. The wealth of evidence debunking their position, yet their steadfast refusal to budge from that position, shows that their "opinion" is non-falsifiable, and therefore not in any way based on evidence (all of which is readily at hand).

There are many similar situations like the above example... conspiracy theorists or "deniers" often come to mind (Kennedy assassination, climate change, 9/11). To demand that the kooks prove their untenable position is fair game, because the bottom line is that there is a wealth of refuting evidence out there.

So you commonly see, in forums like this, when such a debate ignites, people like yourself demanding "proof". But this is not always appropriate or reasonable. Why? Not every subject has been as exhaustively researched and sources as the ones listed above. You want "scientific" proof of his position? How? He can't furnish a study if the study doesn't exist. So with the lack of "proof", does that mean that we simply can't address this, or any other subject where empirical personal observation is our only source of data? Of course not! That would be ridiculous. We'd never be able to talk about any subject (save a few thoroughly researched ones) if that was the requirement. "Is the bus taking longer than usual today? Since I don't have a comprehensive study as to the average wait time at this stop, I simply can't comment on the subject." That's absurd. If we have nothing but personal experience and observation to go by, it is ENTIRELY APPROPRIATE to voice our opinion based on that as long as we don't profess to be basing it on something more.

This is the dumbest thing I've read all month.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430  Edited By dsmccracken

@kakamoura said:
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura:

If it was, surely it was topped by your response.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@thegerg said:

@The_Last_Ride: What kind of fucked up army trains you to kill only if you're shot at?

The kind that doesn't win......

LOL... You either fire if you are shot at or see that they are armed and have intent to kill. Those are the rules of engagment usually... You don't shoot unarmed people, that's what your country does

No. There's rules of engagement. Never ceases to amaze the ignorance some countries have of the US.

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 kakamoura
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura:

K,

When they teach you in school the distinction between opinions and facts and why the latter needs proof, let me know.

You've made a claim which you cannot prove and this is the HARDEST I've seen anyone backpeddle in an argument ever.

I cringed in real life, I'm actually embarrassed for you.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#433  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the skin color of those that were apart of the grand jury? Was it majority "White" or "Black"?...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 The_Last_Ride

@Jebus213 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Video Link

So if i think someone shooting an unarmed man, it's uncalled for

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 SoftwareGeek

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jebus213 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Video Link

it ain't when they're going to beat you to death. kid got what he deserved. no more and no less.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#436 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@tocool340 said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the skin color of those that were apart of the grand jury? Was it majority "White" or "Black"?...

"The grand jury consists of six white men, three white women, two black women and one black man. Nine votes are needed to indict."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ferguson-case-racial-and-gender-makeup-of-grand-jury-revealed/

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@tocool340: At least three of them are black and if I'm not mistaken the rest are white. I'm pretty sure those three black jurors are being called Uncle Toms right now. Regardless of who they are, if their identities are leaked they will be harassed.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@RushKing said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@xdude85: They don't even seem to realize how bad they're making black people look right now.

Ahhhh, liberals and their respectability politics.

I hope this puts things in perspective.

https://storify.com/betakateenin/white-people-riots

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2014/11/25/white-americans-care-more-about-property-damage-than-dead-people

So true! If this thread is an indicator of anything.

But these are just people rioting over random things. It has nothing to do with race.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch

@plageus900 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

So there was something on my facebook feed about how I can help donate to Ferguson so it can rebuild. Yeah, **** that. You don't tear your fucking community apart and then expect me to donate to help repair the damage you caused yourselves especially when it was over something as stupid as this.

Detroit is just now finally starting to see some real push for improvement. Any guesses on how long before such a thing happens in Ferguson?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

After the verdict, Michael Brown's step father made a call to burn Ferguson down. The place sounds like a plague infested shithole. Let them burn in it.

It's clear that the POS Brown didn't fall far from the tree.

Maybe this is where he gets it from.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jebus213 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Video Link

No, you're comparing two different countries.

U.S. has way more crime and far worse criminals. The way your police works would never work here.

5 shootings throughout the whole year? That's a day in Chicago.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#441  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Guy done his job right; justice was served.

Now entitled people are throwing hissy fits expecting the law to be bent.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 MakeMeaSammitch

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jebus213 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Video Link

I'm under the impression that you're kinda dumb because you don't seem to get it no matter how it's explained.

The officer feared for his life, the 300 lb man had already attempted to take the officers gun once and had broken the bones around his eye. He was still charging the officer after being shot once.

If you had been there would you have just let the thug kill you?

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443  Edited By dsmccracken

@kakamoura said:
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura:

K,

When they teach you in school the distinction between opinions and facts and why the latter needs proof, let me know.

You've made a claim which you cannot prove and this is the HARDEST I've seen anyone backpeddle in an argument ever.

I know the difference between opinion and fact. The difference between the two is not what is at issue here, which you would understand if you had adequate reading comprehension skills. What I am talking about is, when the facts are not readily accessible, does that mean (as you would apparently have us believe) that we are no longer able to either have or vocalize our opinions? That is a ridiculous position. If your opponent in a debate is too lazy (or ignorant) to provide available facts, or falsifies them, they certainly deserve calling out. But if the facts can't be accessed because they HAVEN'T BEEN COLLECTED (there is no study, there is no survey on the subject), then it is perfectly valid to discuss our opinions based on our experience.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 The_Last_Ride

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jebus213 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Video Link

I'm under the impression that you're kinda dumb because you don't seem to get it no matter how it's explained.

The officer feared for his life, the 300 lb man had already attempted to take the officers gun once and had broken the bones around his eye. He was still charging the officer after being shot once.

LOL... I am the dumb one for questioning the evidence this guy said? Under oath this guy said Mike Brown grabbed for the gun, yet there are no fingerprints of him on the gun. They did not write down his first interrogation. You're saying he could not handle himself? The guy is 6 4 and 220. Wilson is not a small guy. Yet under oath he said he knew that he knew he robbed the store, even though the commissioner even said Wilson did not know about the robbery.

And yeah he charged the officer because he was shooting at him... He said he knew he didn't have a gun on him UNDER OATH, and said that he shot him when he reached in his pants...

If you can't comprehend that, then you're dumb

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445  Edited By kakamoura

@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura:

K,

I know the difference between opinion and fact. The difference between the two is not what is at issue here, which you would understand if you had adequate reading comprehension skills. What I am talking about is, when the facts are not readily accessible, does that mean (as you would apparently have us believe) that we are no longer able to either have or vocalize our opinions? That is a ridiculous position. If your opponent in a debate is too lazy (or ignorant) to provide available facts, or falsifies them, they certainly deserve calling out. But if the facts can't be accessed because they HAVEN'T BEEN COLLECTED (there is no study, there is no survey on the subject), then it is perfectly valid to discuss our opinions based on our experience.

That doesn't mean you won't be called out for talking out of your ass which is exactly what you did no matter how you want to sugarcoat it.

If you want to make a statement of fact, you'll have to provide evidence, that's how it's been working for thousands of years now.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 SoftwareGeek

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jebus213 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Video Link

LOL... I am the dumb one for questioning the evidence this guy said? Under oath this guy said Mike Brown grabbed for the gun, yet there are no fingerprints of him on the gun. They did not write down his first interrogation. You're saying he could not handle himself? The guy is 6 4 and 220. Wilson is not a small guy. Yet under oath he said he knew that he knew he robbed the store, even though the commissioner even said Wilson did not know about the robbery.

And yeah he charged the officer because he was shooting at him... He said he knew he didn't have a gun on him UNDER OATH, and said that he shot him when he reached in his pants...

kid was a full grown huge man that was beating a cop. you don't get to beat up a cop and then expect to live. sorry. he got what he deserved.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#447 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

For those that want it, here's a link to all the evidence presented to grand jury. If it's already been posted, then good. Here it is again because I see it's been ignored:

List of evidence

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jebus213 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Video Link

There's a publicly available forensics report that backs up his story, and yeah you are kinda dumb for ignoring that. The bones in his face were already broken and Brown had gone for his gun, so yes, Wilson did "handle it". I feel like if you were in this situation you would have not used your gun, have had it taken from you and then died yourself instead of the thug.

Attempting to steal somebodies gun and actually getting it are two different things.

"and yeah he charged the officer because he was shooting him". How dumb does somebody have to be to attack somebody who has a gun?

and you say that brown reached in his pants and he fired? Then that just backs up Wilson, why would he assume he was going for anything but a weapon?

You're kinda dumb, people keep explaining basic facts of the case to you and you're not getting it.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 dsmccracken

@kakamoura said:

@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura said:
@dsmccracken said:

@kakamoura:

K,

That doesn't mean you won't be called out for talking out of your ass which is exactly what you did no matter how you want to sugarcoat it.

If you want to make a statement of fact, you'll have to provide evidence, that's how it's been working for thousands of years now.

All that would be great, except for one thing. I never made a statement of fact. If someone states opinion as provable, verifiable fact, then by all means, go ahead and call that person out. But make sure they actually... you know... do what you are accusing them of. Otherwise, you come off looking stupid. Like now.

My original statement: "If it had been a confrontation between officer Wilson and someone of Indian (as in India) or Japanese heritage, would the media have been as likely to mention race? Doubt it." Doubt it... not "I know it" or "fact! no chance!" Not exactly the definitive statement of fact you have characterized it as. You're criticizing the fact checking of others, while yours efforts within this very thread are wearing clown shoes.