comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By comicdude23
Member since 2015 • 99 Posts

https://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/04/25/protein-world-the-body-shaming-protest-that-turned-decidedly-ugly/

Protein World, a popular brand has been attacked for supposedly ''shaming'' other women (coz fit, healthy women are unacceptable nowadays) and have been accused of being sexist for posting a ad of a fit, healthy woman. When this usually occurs, the politically correct mobs harass these companies into apologizing, but not Protein World...

https://twitter.com/ProteinWorld/status/591355703710842881

Since that tweet, they have been visciously attacked by Feminists and DEMANDS have been made that they take down the ads or post fat women instead, but Protein World have stuck to their guns and have pushed back, pointing to the absurdity of the fact that they're a FITNESS company - they advertise fitness, what do people seriously expect?

Finally, a company that has a pair of balls. Check out their Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/ProteinWorld

Their sales have spiked since then, and they've gained a lot of new fans.

They are re-tweeting people who are thanking them for standing up to Feminists and SJW's (they're calling them out by name).

The person running the account, is the CEO, Arjun Seth.

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 comicdude23

This is the model who Feminists demand must not be on the ad, who Protein World are refusing to take down.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Can't access the article. So they just ran that ad and people got mad? **** them.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Finally, a defeat for political correctness. There is little reason for feminism to be in the US now. It needs to go to places like the Middle East and South Asia, places where women are actually oppressed. If you're an American woman, you have it better than most of the world's population. I thought I'd never say this, but check your fucking privilege. If you're an American woman, you're not oppressed. Oppression is when you can't stand up for yourself or your group (whatever group that may be) without being threatened with arrest, torture, or execution by the party in power. American women can vote, run for office, dress how they want, act how they want, get married at will, initiate divorce, have their own careers, and generally just live their lives how they please. Women are still considered property in some parts of the world. And shut the **** up with this patriarchy shit. Saudi Arabia is an actual fucking oppressive patriarchy. I guarantee that if any one of these white suburban radical "feminists" had to spend a year in Saudi Arabia under their rules, they'd be begging to come back to the US.

Contemporary feminists in the US bitch about the most trivial shit, which actually reveals how good they have it. If showing some boobs in video games or movies is your worst problem, then holy hell you have a good life. All they do is bitch about the "patriarchy" and women in media and how men are supposedly "imperfect women" or a "biological accident". Jesus Christ, these people need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that they are anything BUT oppressed. Not sure if these "feminists" are serious or just bored. Either way, they're idiots. And they're doing serious damage to the image of feminism. Feminism nowadays is usually synonymous with whiny male basher. True feminism is actually advocating women having equal rights with men, as opposed to female supremacy, which is what the average Tumblr feminist advocates.

/rant

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 comicdude23

@Master_Live said:

Can't access the article. So they just ran that ad and people got mad? **** them.

Ran the ad, people sign petition demanding it be removed, Protein World push back and denounce political correctness, directly saying they refuse to take down ads and that they're advertising fitness.

Many Feminist sympathizing websites are outraged, and salty because they have no power over this company. One Feminist got so mad she tried to vandalize their ads.

This authoritarianism legitimately scares me. So many people are ban/censorship happy these days.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamerguru100

@harisinghnalwa said:

@Master_Live said:

Ran the ad, people sign petition demanding it be removed, Protein World push back and denounce political correctness, directly saying they refuse to take down ads and that they're advertising fitness.

Many Feminist sympathizing websites are outraged, and salty because they have no power over this company. One Feminist got so mad she tried to vandalize their ads.

This authoritarianism legitimately scares me. So many people are ban/censorship happy these days.

Indeed. They're just whiny little babies who don't know how good they have it.

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 comicdude23

@gamerguru100: Most radical Feminists defend the Middle-Eastern culture because they're afraid of being called racist. Recently their insanity was illustrated at CH Sommers' Oberlin talk.

The response to Protein World is interesting, it's as if these people are imploding at the thought of a company not bowing to their BS.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamerguru100

@harisinghnalwa said:

@gamerguru100: Most radical Feminists defend the Middle-Eastern culture because they're afraid of being called racist. Recently their insanity was illustrated at CH Sommers' Oberlin talk.

The response to Protein World is interesting, it's as if these people are imploding at the thought of a company not bowing to their BS.

WOW. That is some fucked up shit. And LOL racism. Neither Muslims nor Middle Easterners are a race. Ignorance for the motherfucking lose. I'm glad these **** ups aren't a majority of people.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

@harisinghnalwa said:

This is the model who Feminists demand must not be on the ad, who Protein World are refusing to take down.

That's NOT the body of a woman who has used protein and muscle-building exercise to banish fat, as the image's use by "Protein World" would seem to imply.

That's the body of a woman who was fortunate enough to be born with a "ectomorphic" body type and a high metabolism that enables her to maintain a lean appearance without having to bulk up on muscle tissue.

The image SHOULD be taken down, not to appease the feminists but because it constitutes misleading advertising.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamerguru100

@Stesilaus said:

@harisinghnalwa said:

That's NOT the body of a woman who has used protein and muscle-building exercise to banish fat, as the image's use by "Protein World" would seem to imply.

That's the body of a woman who was fortunate enough to be born with a "ectomorphic" body type and a high metabolism that enables her to maintain a lean appearance without having to bulk up on muscle tissue.

The image SHOULD be taken down, not to appease the feminists but because it constitutes misleading advertising.

Wait, what?

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 comicdude23

@Stesilaus: No, that's the image of a woman who has WORKED HARD by exercising to achieve a healthy body. Protein World is encouraging fitness.

@gamerguru100 said:

@harisinghnalwa said:

WOW. That is some fucked up shit. And LOL racism. Neither Muslims nor Middle Easterners are a race. Ignorance for the motherfucking lose. I'm glad these **** ups aren't a majority of people.

Their fucked up cultural marxism leads to faulty thinking, I told them Islam isn't a race but they wn't listen. LOL.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts
@harisinghnalwa said:

she doesn't look like she works out much.

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 comicdude23

@Storm_Marine: She worked out for a beach body. Protein World encouraged fitness.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265

@harisinghnalwa said:

@Storm_Marine: She worked out for a beach body. Protein World encouraged fitness.

really? cause I wonder if she could even do a push up

here's a girl that works out, there's a difference

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 comicdude23

@Storm_Marine: That's because she's an athlete - the PW poster is that of a typical beach body.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

So what exactly are they mad at? I assume they think that by "beach body ready" they mean "if you don't look like this, you shouldn't go to the beach". While I agree the term is stupid, that's not what it means, and protein world weren't the ones that came up with the term.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@harisinghnalwa said:

@Stesilaus: No, that's the image of a woman who has WORKED HARD by exercising to achieve a healthy body. Protein World is encouraging fitness.

Actually it doesn't look like she works out dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265

@harisinghnalwa said:

@Storm_Marine: That's because she's an athlete - the PW poster is that of a typical beach body.

again, not much to do with actually working out

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 comicdude23

@LJS9502_basic: She is a model who has to exercise to keep in shape; it is guaranteed that she works out.

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By comicdude23

@Storm_Marine said:

@harisinghnalwa said:

How is it not much to do with working out? The body she has is representative of the typical beach body ad. She may not have a 'strong' body which is defined and toned - as in the picture you posted, but it is a healthy one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-598fc45371265

@harisinghnalwa said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@harisinghnalwa said:

How is it not much to do with working out?

because it really doesn't look like she does

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#23  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

...I thought I'd never say this, but check your fucking privilege. If you're an American woman, you're not oppressed...

I'm willing to fund a Kickstarter for someone to tell them to "check their privilege" every time they go on ridiculous crusades like that. It would be hilarious. =P

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 comicdude23

@korvus said:

@gamerguru100 said:

...I thought I'd never say this, but check your fucking privilege. If you're an American woman, you're not oppressed...

I'm willing to fund a Kickstarter for someone to tell them to "check their privilege" every time they go on ridiculous crusades like that. It would be hilarious. =P

Oh man, that would trigger so many people...LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@harisinghnalwa: You know it's getting bad when even women won't use the term feminist anymore....last week I was talking to a girl and she says "Yeah, I'm a femin...errr...I'm supportive of women's rights". Even to more logical women, feminism has become a bad word.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic

@harisinghnalwa said:

@LJS9502_basic: She is a model who has to exercise to keep in shape; it is guaranteed that she works out.

Ah yes....opinion posted as fact. You have no idea what she does or does not do. People are born with their body type. Some do nothing to remain thin. And her body is not the body of someone working out. There is a difference. You just look at how skinny she is and think that's a fit body. Not true.

Ads are notorious for skirting the truth. I will not automatically believe everything they tell me. Looking at her....I don't SEE evidence of working out.

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By comicdude23

@LJS9502_basic said:

@harisinghnalwa said:

Ah yes....opinion posted as fact. You have no idea what she does or does not do. People are born with their body type. Some do nothing to remain thin. And her body is not the body of someone working out. There is a difference. You just look at how skinny she is and think that's a fit body. Not true.

Ads are notorious for skirting the truth. I will not automatically believe everything they tell me. Looking at her....I don't SEE evidence of working out.

Nope. It's a logical inference posted as what it is. She was naturally skinny but had to work hard to keep it healthy and fit: There are models with that body type who do specific exercises and diet plans and achieve that in a natural way, without starving onself or photoshop.

https://glamouredition.com/skinny-secrets-model-renee-somerfield/

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic

@harisinghnalwa said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@harisinghnalwa said:

Nope. It's a logical inference posted as what it is. She was naturally skinny but had to work hard to keep it healthy and fit: There are models with that body type who do specific exercises and diet plans and achieve that in a natural way, without starving onself or photoshop.

LOL you are naive. I watch ads all the time and wonder about people that believe them. Guess they do exist. Her body does NOT look like the body of someone who works out. Period. And you know what....the brand is selling skinny so they don't care.

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By comicdude23

@korvus said:

@harisinghnalwa: You know it's getting bad when even women won't use the term feminist anymore....last week I was talking to a girl and she says "Yeah, I'm a femin...errr...I'm supportive of women's rights". Even to more logical women, feminism has become a bad word.

It's been co-opted by the radical authoritarians. I think a study showed 83% of Americans don't self identify as Feminists but still believe in equality. Egalitarian is a better word.

@Motokid6 said:

So I take it the majority of feminists are big ladies?

PC version of the ad.

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 comicdude23

@LJS9502_basic: Again, working out is a vague term; there are some body types which are strong and defined; like Jessica Ennis, and then there are those which are 'skinny' but still toned and healthy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
@harisinghnalwa said:

PC version of the ad.

I have 0 problems with that photo. This merely states "That is your opinion, this is mine" and that's the right way to do things...now "that is not my idea, it needs to be taken down" attitude is ridiculous. Don't like it, do better...don't just sit behind a computer and write blogs about "the evils of a man dominated society"...

I do have to say it's funny that 2 thin girls are trying to counter-act an ad about a thin girl though....the bikini is god-awful too XD

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic

@harisinghnalwa said:

@LJS9502_basic: Again, working out is a vague term; there are some body types which are strong and defined; like Jessica Ennis, and then there are those which are 'skinny' but still toned and healthy.

I don't consider minor exercise as working out. It's stretching the term. Like I said....you buy into marketing easily.

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 comicdude23

@korvus: Yeah, though some rad-Fems threatened to vandalize the ads and smash their offices. So much aggression....directed at an ad of a hot woman :P

I feel that it's an attack on freedom of expression - the radical Feminists are using their concepts to try to police free expression.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@harisinghnalwa: For all their "women empowerment" they sure have a hard time accepting that some women enjoy and work hard to look thin...just because that's the general definition of "beauty" does that woman have less rights to appear on an ad? "I couldn't give a **** how hard you worked to get into a modelling career and to be chosen for ads...I'm sitting behind my computer and I say your ad shouldn't exist" Way to disempower a fellow woman...

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 comicdude23

@korvus said:

@harisinghnalwa: For all their "women empowerment" they sure have a hard time accepting that some women enjoy and work hard to look thin...just because that's the general definition of "beauty" does that woman have less rights to appear on an ad? "I couldn't give a **** how hard you worked to get into a modelling career and to be chosen for ads...I'm sitting behind my computer and I say your ad shouldn't exist" Way to disempower a fellow woman...

They love to shame them because they're jealous. These people are so used to getting their way that it becomes a shock to them when people say no. That's what Protein World is doing. They're refusing to give in and these Rad-Fems are losing it. I don't think they really care about equality because the radical aspect is centered around hatred, selfishness and jealousy.

It's not just limited to fitness, similar calls for banning came with GTA V. ''I don't like that. Get rid of it'' happened in Australia Target stores. Or the Shirt-Storm fiasco.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@harisinghnalwa: You can't stand for equality when you hate a whole gender.

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 comicdude23

@korvus said:

@harisinghnalwa: You can't stand for equality when you hate a whole gender.

Agreed.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Instead of blaming a company, who is geared towards fitness, for their insecurity about their body, Perhaps they should learn to embrace their bodies or accept they want to improve parts of it and attempt to work towards their goals.

You know since this clearly isn't about a woman in a bikini on a ad, but that she's thin and the whole stupid notition of " Oh..I'm larger then her and therefor I'm ugly and will likely be mistaken for a beached whale and rolled into the ocean if I got to the beach."

I can understand why some women get frustrated or offended by ads with thin girls.

BUT

Just like how people shouldn't shame and attempt to hide away people with weight or is larger, It's just as unfair to point at people who are thin and go " No, you can't be visible cause you make those of us larger then you offended"

Getting offended doesn't grant anyone any special priviledge, "I'm offended by that"....Well so fuckin what.

Embrace yourself and if you can't then do what you can until you can.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#40 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

arjun looks like he's on the sauce tbh

o well

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@korvus said:

Because it has lost its meaning. The word has sort of been corrupted.

Also, isn't Anarchista Barista threatening with vandalism?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@horgen: Yep, and not even having the courage to say "I will do it", just the vague "It's likely to happen". If it was a guy threatening to vandalise an office where feminists worked in it would be all over the web by now as proof that men are savages and cannot deal with different ideas without resorting to mindless violence.

I wonder if deep down these women really think they're fighting for something worthwhile or just enjoy the power trip. There's no way they have the right goal in mind while acting in this manner.

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 comicdude23
@horgen said:

@korvus said:

Yep. And I think Mike Cernovich reported her to the police.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@harisinghnalwa said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@harisinghnalwa said:

LOL you are naive. I watch ads all the time and wonder about people that believe them. Guess they do exist. Her body does NOT look like the body of someone who works out. Period. And you know what....the brand is selling skinny so they don't care.

That certainly looks like the body of a woman working out. If you got to know some women one day, you would find out that their bodies work differently than men's and that they have to work very hard for a body like that, including physical exercise.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

Finally, a defeat for political correctness. There is little reason for feminism to be in the US now. It needs to go to places like the Middle East and South Asia, places where women are actually oppressed. If you're an American woman, you have it better than most of the world's population. I thought I'd never say this, but check your fucking privilege. If you're an American woman, you're not oppressed. Oppression is when you can't stand up for yourself or your group (whatever group that may be) without being threatened with arrest, torture, or execution by the party in power. American women can vote, run for office, dress how they want, act how they want, get married at will, initiate divorce, have their own careers, and generally just live their lives how they please. Women are still considered property in some parts of the world. And shut the **** up with this patriarchy shit. Saudi Arabia is an actual fucking oppressive patriarchy. I guarantee that if any one of these white suburban radical "feminists" had to spend a year in Saudi Arabia under their rules, they'd be begging to come back to the US.

Contemporary feminists in the US bitch about the most trivial shit, which actually reveals how good they have it. If showing some boobs in video games or movies is your worst problem, then holy hell you have a good life. All they do is bitch about the "patriarchy" and women in media and how men are supposedly "imperfect women" or a "biological accident". Jesus Christ, these people need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that they are anything BUT oppressed. Not sure if these "feminists" are serious or just bored. Either way, they're idiots. And they're doing serious damage to the image of feminism. Feminism nowadays is usually synonymous with whiny male basher. True feminism is actually advocating women having equal rights with men, as opposed to female supremacy, which is what the average Tumblr feminist advocates.

/rant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-598fc45371265

@themajormayor said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@harisinghnalwa said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@harisinghnalwa said:

That certainly looks like the body of a woman working out. If you got to know some women one day, you would find out that their bodies work differently than men's and that they have to work very hard for a body like that, including physical exercise.

maybe yoga and some light cardio a couple days a week.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I find it quite ironic that radical feminism is managing to sabotage itself. The entirety of liberal media were on it's side, including Colbert in his completely ballless interview of Anita Sarkeesian.

comicdude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 comicdude23

@MlauTheDaft said:

I find it quite ironic that radical feminism is managing to sabotage itself. The entirety of liberal media were on it's side, including Colbert in his completely ballless interview of Anita Sarkeesian.

Which is absurd given that most Liberals aren't Rad-Fems, and they aren't Authoritarian SJW's.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@harisinghnalwa said:
@horgen said:

@korvus said:

Yep. And I think Mike Cernovich reported her to the police.

I hope he did.

@korvus said:

@horgen: Yep, and not even having the courage to say "I will do it", just the vague "It's likely to happen". If it was a guy threatening to vandalise an office where feminists worked in it would be all over the web by now as proof that men are savages and cannot deal with different ideas without resorting to mindless violence.

I wonder if deep down these women really think they're fighting for something worthwhile or just enjoy the power trip. There's no way they have the right goal in mind while acting in this manner.

I guess they want payback for all the time they have been oppressed or something.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Well I am glad that some companies have the balls to feminists.