feminism attacking WWII sailor kissing nurse picture

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Stesilaus"]

Stesilaus

lucky for me we don't have said stereotypes in my country, I never even made the connection until someone told me about it a few months ago :P

I was just kidding, of course. :)

I know, good ol' 90's, those were simpler days

ScorpionTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 ScorpionTroll
Member since 2012 • 810 Posts

'Feminists' are lawlz.

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

I wonder if there's any correlation between the responses here and GS's proclivity for "girl help" threads.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

Why does it seem to me, that older generations and more traditional young women - while not wanting to be stepped on by anyone - are far less senstive compared to a lot of hyper-sensitive feminists?

SaudiFury

I think people have become too sensitive.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Guys it's not a big deal, nor did she even care in the first place.

Also I don't remember who said it but forceful kissing isn't rape. It's sexual assault but NOT rape. Rape involves penetration. Jesus...

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#56 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

I wonder if there's any correlation between the responses here and GS's proclivity for "girl help" threads.

Slow_Show
"The responses don't agree with me, you all must be losers!"
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
The guy stole a kiss. Big deal. Back then "goils were goils and men were men."
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts
sorry, i'm all out of outrage for the day.
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
I never knew that picture was being forced upon her :lol:
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

Sh!t like this really gets my blood boiling. Its not like he stuck his finger in her ass while he leaned her over for fvck's sake.

Anyhow, rape and sexual assault is a disgusting and vile violation of a woman OR a man. But to see the feminists using something like this to further their cause or to bring attention to it really makes me question their thinking.

Seriously, things like this do nothing to get people to listen to them. With all of the terrible crimes committed against women all over the globe, they choose this to get people's attention?

Besides, did you see how that nurse was dressed? She was totally asking for it! ;)

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#61 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

The guy stole a kiss. Big deal. Back then "goils were goils and men were men."El_Zo1212o
i remember watching a few youtube videos of ladies going around different college campuses asking what they like about men and what they think of them today. wasn't all that surprised to find they said they like assertive but not bossy was the one trait a lot of the ladies had in common for their desire. then kinda surprised when a lot of them said nowadays guys are way too skittish and shy and won't take the initiative to make the first move.

and i'm guilty of that as well. and personally speaking - and even a handful of the girls said the same thing - it's because we guys don't know where the 'line' is anymore. if we try and be spontaneous physically, we can go to jail in a quick hurry. all for misreading the signs. were apparently supposed to be able to read minds.

Which also reminds of the Louis CK skit. now his thing is about rape, but the first move if not wanted goes under assault or misconduct. and seriously who wants that on their record and reputation.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Drunken sailor kisses random woman on the street today "OMG what a perv!" Drunken sailor kisses random woman on the street fifty years ago "OMG, don't talk bad about him, we LIKE that picture!" If you're defending something you wouldn't normally defend simply because it's part of American iconography then I think feminists have made their point rather well.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

Drunken sailor kisses random woman on the street today "OMG what a perv!" Drunken sailor kisses random woman on the street fifty years ago "OMG, don't talk bad about him, we LIKE that picture!" If you're defending something you wouldn't normally defend simply because it's part of American iconography then I think feminists have made their point rather well.

theone86
it was right after a major war. not a completely random incident.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="theone86"]

mingmao3046

Okay, next time there's a big event I'm going to go out, get drunk, and kiss some random woman on the street. She better not prosecute. Like you said, it's alright if it's not random.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SaudiFury

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

Okay, next time there's a big event I'm going to go out, get drunk, and kiss some random woman on the street. She better not prosecute. Like you said, it's alright if it's not random.

not in this litigious day and age. different times man.
bjvill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#67 bjvill
Member since 2011 • 152 Posts
Well, legally speaking it ain't rape without something penetrating certain orifices. And for it to be rape of a mouth, a sexual organ must be what was inserted. No, you were not raped by the hand shaker. And the lady in the picture wasn't raped (at worst sexually assaulted).
Legatus_Victix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Legatus_Victix
Member since 2012 • 144 Posts

People are just running out of dumb **** to argue about.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 El_Zo1212o
Besides, did you see how that nurse was dressed? She was totally asking for it! ;)danjammer69
Ha ha HAH! Well played :D
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 El_Zo1212o
...were apparently supposed to be able to read minds...SaudiFury
As far as I can tell, we've been supposed to read minds since the '60s.
Legatus_Victix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Legatus_Victix
Member since 2012 • 144 Posts
[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]...were apparently supposed to be able to read minds...El_Zo1212o
As far as I can tell, we've been supposed to read minds since the '60s.

Are you sure that wasn't just hippies on drugs talking? lol
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts

i remember watching a few youtube videos of ladies going around different college campuses asking what they like about men and what they think of them today. wasn't all that surprised to find they said they like assertive but not bossy was the one trait a lot of the ladies had in common for their desire. then kinda surprised when a lot of them said nowadays guys are way too skittish and shy and won't take the initiative to make the first move.

and i'm guilty of that as well. and personally speaking - and even a handful of the girls said the same thing - it's because we guys don't know where the 'line' is anymore. if we try and be spontaneous physically, we can go to jail in a quick hurry. all for misreading the signs. were apparently supposed to be able to read minds.

Which also reminds of the Louis CK skit. now his thing is about rape, but the first move if not wanted goes under assault or misconduct. and seriously who wants that on their record and reputation.

SaudiFury
I'm not really sure how that is relevant to the specific issue, we aren't talking about dating, we are talking about a dude walking up to a stranger and just kissing them.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SaudiFury
[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

Sajo7
I'm not really sure how that is relevant to the specific issue, we aren't talking about dating, we are talking about a dude walking up to a stranger and just kissing them.

yeah your right. just a tangent going on in my mind.
mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

I got sexually assaulted once by a female, she rubbed my butt... I think the way to judge is not by legal definitions but through common sense. No harm no foul anyone? As long as her ability to function throughout the day is not hindered. Girl touched my butt, but I could still do my job anyways. I honestly dont think it is fair to call it a sexual assault. By the definition of assault, I have been assaulted an hundred times today... It takes the situation completely out of context.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

theone86
Yeah but if a guy bought lysol for his girl to clean her vagina with today he'd get a different reaction than back then too. Sure he shouldn't of just walked up and kissed her, especially since back then kissing was considered significant. However isn't this beating the horse just a bit?
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Sajo7
[QUOTE="Sajo7"][QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

SaudiFury

yeah your right. just a tangent going on in my mind.

Fair enough.
Gamefan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Gamefan1986
Member since 2005 • 1325 Posts

I don't see the big deal, it happened in 1945 and it was just a kiss. What's the big deal?

I remember a party over a friend's house a few years ago where I got pretty hammered and laid down on one of the beds, and after a few minutes one of the girls I had been talking to that night (She wasn't drinking) came in, got on top of me and shoved her tongue in my mouth and led me by the hand all over the house and made out with me. Are you saying I was raped?

If I was then that's cool because that is seriously one of the coolest things to happen in my life.

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Sajo7

I don't see the big deal, it happened in 1945 and it was just a kiss. What's the big deal?

I remember a party over a friend's house a few years ago where I got pretty hammered and laid down on one of the beds, and after a few minutes one of the girls I had been talking to that night (She wasn't drinking) came in, got on top of me and shoved her tongue in my mouth and led me by the hand all over the house and made out with me. Are you saying I was raped?

If I was then that's cool because that is seriously one of the coolest things to happen in my life.

Gamefan1986
Just because you didn't have a problem with it doesn't mean it isn't a problem for other people. Also she was sober? I'm really curious about her motives here. Are you guys an item now or what? :P
Gamefan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Gamefan1986
Member since 2005 • 1325 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamefan1986"]

Sajo7

Just because you didn't have a problem with it doesn't mean it isn't a problem for other people. Also she was sober? I'm really curious about her motives here. Are you guys an item now or what? :P

No I never saw her again after that. But everyone else at the party said she was a slvt, so I guess that was her motive.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

If that event is world war fvcking three and you were fighting in it, go for it.

Congrats on surviving, you may steal a kiss.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

If that event is world war fvcking three and you were fighting in it, go for it.

Optical_Order
I don't understand, and I'm hoping you can explain it to me. How exactly does surviving a world war make it okay to treat a woman like my property, how exactly does that invalidate her say in the matter? Because I'm really not seeing the connection. Yes, the soldier just survived a world war. So what?
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
I think it should only be a problem if the women thought it was a problem, I think it's odd that other people are getting upset about it for her.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="Optical_Order"]

MrGeezer
I don't understand, and I'm hoping you can explain it to me. How exactly does surviving a world war make it okay to treat a woman like my property, how exactly does that invalidate her say in the matter? Because I'm really not seeing the connection. Yes, the soldier just survived a world war. So what?

'Like your property'? Seriously? Everybody is cheering and delirious over the fact that the biggest war with the most massive loss of life in history is over, so some dude reached out a kissed some woman. He didn't club her over the head and go all Clan of the Cave Bear on her. Holy sh!t. And now they're old friends and they trade Christmas cards.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

>1945

They must be really bored or something.

Celldrax
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I think it should only be a problem if the women thought it was a problem, I think it's odd that other people are getting upset about it for her.General_X

THIS!

Do people have any idea what rape/sexual assault constitute? Apparently not seeing how stupid people are calling this rape...

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#86 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

inb4

"LYKE OMG FEMINISM IS BULLSHET!!" and "Ugh feminists."

And also: Link?

Lucky_Krystal

im too late but here goes:

feminism is bs and feminists are the most annoying and dumb group on the planet (after peta)

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

[QUOTE="General_X"]I think it should only be a problem if the women thought it was a problem, I think it's odd that other people are getting upset about it for her.LostProphetFLCL

THIS!

Do people have any idea what rape/sexual assault constitute? Apparently not seeing how stupid people are calling this rape...

I second that.

And it's not as if she needs defending almost 70 years after the fact.
Sure the kiss might have been a shock for her, but she wasn't repulsed by it either.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#88 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Bloody idiots, the lot of them.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I wouldn't go so far as to say he raped her but seems a bit uncalled for. Then again this is over half a century ago, who cares at this point.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] 'Like your property'? Seriously? Everybody is cheering and delirious over the fact that the biggest war with the most massive loss of life in history is over, so some dude reached out a kissed some woman. He didn't club her over the head and go all Clan of the Cave Bear on her. Holy sh!t. And now they're old friends and they trade Christmas cards.

What their relationship is now isn't the issue. The point is that he saw her, he wanted her, so he took her. And how SHE felt about it didn't matter one f***ing bit. Optical_Order is saying that that's fine as long as you survived a world war, now I'm asking him what the f*** the two things have to do with each other.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#91 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

how sad that women in the west are still living under all of this.

leeveeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#92 leeveeu
Member since 2003 • 3405 Posts

Before anyone responds to this: Check your privileges at the door, malescum.

coolbeans90
What? Insults already? OK, with your father go teach your mother how to gang bang properly then please come back and post here. Thanks!
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SaudiFury

I think it should only be a problem if the women thought it was a problem, I think it's odd that other people are getting upset about it for her.General_X
pretty much the scenerio it seems like. Reading her interview from 2005, it doesn't seem like she was upset at all, and seemed to understand. she even seems a bit honored by the accidental fame she got. So it's a bit funny really to see other people get their knickers in a twist over it.

It's like if you had a white guy and a black guy, who were kinda friends, and one or both had a habit of making racist jokes (you know those 'jokes' that don't always seem like jokes) at one another. and the two on all accounts seem perfectly fine with being that way to each other. then the third party is like "ohhhhh.... that's racist".

but i'd get it, if in either case whether Friedman or my quick example, someone was upset about it. Just seems a bit silly when both parties don't seem to have an issue to see a third party just got their collective undies in a twist.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
I was going to post but Lockedge summed up my feelings perfectly.Sajo7
MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

The Joy of Hate: How to Triumph over Whiners in the Age of Phony Outrageby Greg Gutfeld. Everyone should read it.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Quote mining and misinterpretation. Another day on the job for feminism.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Technically speaking, it is rape but seriously, you think she gave a **** ? The war just ended for godsake and the sailor didn't have any bad intentions. Not to mention its a really old photograph, certain things were socially acceptable back then. Nonstop-Madness

It is definetely not rape, but it technically is sexual assault

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

how sad that women in the west are still living under all of this.

GrayF0X786

Because the middle east is so much better:roll:

Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts

I thought it was a neat little fact and that the article's attempt at social commentary was frivolous.

...Then I read this thread

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MrGeezer
It's like if you had a white guy and a black guy, who were kinda friends, and one or both had a habit of making racist jokes (you know those 'jokes' that don't always seem like jokes) at one another. and the two on all accounts seem perfectly fine with being that way to each other. then the third party is like "ohhhhh.... that's racist".SaudiFury
It's not like that at all, because in that case there's a history and a context which the third party is not aware of. There's consent between the two of them, the third party just doesn't know it. In THIS case, he just grabbed a random woman. A better analogy would be if a man was walking down the street, and made a racist slur to a completely random person who he never met. And then that person doesn't particularly care. He might not care, but that doesn't mean that it's okay to just spout racist slurs at a complete stranger.