Fear the Walking Dead ..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Did you guys watch it ? Your thoughts ? Do we really need a second series ? Why not just go back in time in the regular series ? To top it off, it started already ahead of the actual beginning ? So we will have to go back a bit on this one also. Your thoughts ?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

How can you misspell the title of the show yet post a picture with the correct title? lol

leafs_ducks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3  Edited By leafs_ducks
Member since 2005 • 2881 Posts

how was the first episode

i can't afford amc.

gotta wait for it on netflix

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

@LexLas: I didn't watch it and I have no plans to do so in the future.

Why not just go back in time in the regular series ?

Well, they can't, it's been to much time inbetween for an episode like that.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LexLas

@airshocker said:

How can you misspell the title of the show yet post a picture with the correct title? lol

Ha ! You got me Mr. Ball Buster, lol ... Well crap, i laughed at myself for that one, lol

Fixed now, to my defense, it was small print.

@leafs_ducks , I'm 50/50 right now. Just unsure if it will be as good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Still haven't forced myself to watch Season 5...I enjoyed the first 2 seasons and I've been forcing myself to keep watching and hope it'll get better but I'm losing hope. You know you're burned out of TWD when you watch Z Nation instead and enjoy it more =P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56483 Posts

Damn I forgot it started yesterday.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LexLas

@korvus said:

Still haven't forced myself to watch Season 5...I enjoyed the first 2 seasons and I've been forcing myself to keep watching and hope it'll get better but I'm losing hope. You know you're burned out of TWD when you watch Z Nation instead and enjoy it more =P

Funny, i started watching it late. When my friends told me that it had no beginning, i just couldn't get into it. I didn't start watching it, till season 4. Since there was no beginning anyway, it didn't have to make sense. Now i've been watching every episode. Even though they have been giving the first few seasons on regular channels, i still can't find them interesting ? Just the latest ones seem to keep me going.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@LexLas: I think it was the shift in the show that made a lot of people lose interest...in a way it's the same for you, but in reverse.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

It was kind of meh. The only interesting part was seeing the "outbreak" go down.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Really enjoyed it

Although I don't watch the main show

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@korvus said:

Z nation is terrible. Seek immediate help! :O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@ladyblue: Thank you for your expert medical advice, kind stranger =D

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@korvus said:

@ladyblue: Thank you for your expert medical advice, kind stranger =D

She's not wrong. It's a tv series by "The Asylum", which is the film production company that focuses on making "mockbusters" which are films that are similar in theme to big budget motion pictures. Their whole business model is making money off of people who rented/bought their incredibly low budget and released-on-video-first versions of popular movies such as "Snakes on a Train", "Pirates of Treasure Island", "Transmorphers", "Paranormal Entity", and several hundred other gems.

That series is absolutely awful, but to be honest I'm watching it anyway because if you can turn your brain off pretty completely then it makes alright background noise while I'm working.

As for FTWD, I'm looking forward to it (watching the pilot now). I think the concept is good enough that there is room for additional stories. The comic is very different from the show which is very different from the Telltale games, but they are all good. I actually like the idea of a new spinoff because the series has gone so far down one particular path that trying to bring the storytelling back to something a little bit more grounded would basically be impossible (i.e. the same situation between Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul). I wouldn't mind something in the same universe as the current show but with a new set of characters and a far less overwrought story. I'm not saying that I don't like the show, but there are only so many times you can keep upping the ante before a show eventually starts to get ridiculous. Either that or you have to start scaling back so you can build again, at which point you get the "prison" season of TWD where everyone complained it was too boring because they had become accustomed to the spectacle.

-Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Byshop: Haven't seen any of them but I think they're also the guys who made "Sharknado" (which I also haven't seen =P). Still, at least there's some action in there...TWD turned into a soap opera with bad characters, with pseudo "character depth" that in reality is just "woe is me" stretched into whole seasons...at least Z Nation doesn't take itself serious and it's good to just laugh a bit...one of those 2 shows is doing what they set out to do, and it isn't TWD.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

The pilot was ok. WAY too much melodrama and bullshit though. It was an hour and a half episode yet we get almost nowhere into the outbreaak...

SamusBeliskner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SamusBeliskner
Member since 2015 • 569 Posts

Well, the pilot episode was about as exciting as watching paint dry. I hope it gets interesting.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

I fell asleep in the first 20 min of the show. Went to bed and told myself I was going to watch it today. So far that hasn't happened.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Off to a decent start....slow but heh they are introducing the characters and this show doesn't have the advantage of happening well AFTER the mass zombies.

I think they are on the right track, I want to see how it got to Rick Grimes waking up in the hospital, although we likely won't see that event in the East.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I think a more appropriate title for the show would be: 'Fear Being Bored to Death'.

I made it about a half hour before turning it off and heading to bed. I was so bored beyond words with it. None of the characters grabbed me initially and saw no reason to sit through the rest.

I liked the Walking Dead show the first 3 seasons, but now it's getting played out. The story just doesn't hold my interest anymore. Shame.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I just watched it and really enjoyed it. It was a lot more like a zombie horror movie than the Walking Dead is. Watching the pilot was almost like the first time I watched Night Of The Living Dead remake in the 90s. The church scenes were really creepy. Every time the step dad and his wife went back into the church, it made me feel pretty uneasy. Really liked it.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2387 Posts

I haven't watched it yet but I'm hoping it's decent. Stopped watching The Walking Dead halfway through season 3 because I got tired of wading through an entire episode of filler for 5 minutes of decent tv.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38696 Posts

it wasn't bad. pretty slow getting going but i think that was the point.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

Felt like absolute trash after watching Mr.Robot.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#25 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

This was one boring episode! What the hell, the first 50 minutes were a waste of time

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LexLas

@-God- said:

Ha ! That is funny man, i did think he was going to start break dancing at any moment, lol ..

@-paranorman- - The night of the living dead was weak, but The Return of the Living Dead rocked as a instant classic in my book.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

it was pretty good.. i enjoyed the slow tension buildup .. the people that didnt like it most likely have ADD and dont like character building and story and instead want straight up action the whole time.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

They blew it when they didn't go with frank darabonts idea of a one off twilight zone-ish anthology series highlighting individual stories of the collapse. That way they could have told lots of individual stories across the entire world and kept it interesting for a much larger market.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@LexLas said:
@-God- said:

Ha ! That is funny man, i did think he was going to start break dancing at any moment, lol ..

http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot?cid=ps_Mr-Robot__Launch_2015Q2_

Best show since Breaking Bad. It's hard to watch tripe like FTWD after watching that.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LexLas

@-God- said:
@LexLas said:
@-God- said:

http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot?cid=ps_Mr-Robot__Launch_2015Q2_

Best show since Breaking Bad. It's hard to watch tripe like FTWD after watching that.

Lol .. Did GOD just refer me to a tv show. Ok, i've been hearing lots about this show. The guys eyeballs bug me, i just can't watch it. Its like he's about to jump out of his skin or something, lol ..

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Does it follow the comic book at all?

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jasean79

@Flubbbs said:

it was pretty good.. i enjoyed the slow tension buildup .. the people that didnt like it most likely have ADD and dont like character building and story and instead want straight up action the whole time.

Not the case for me. I enjoy a smart, intelligent show with good characters and plot. This however, did not satisfy me on that level. Has nothing to do with ADD.

microsoft4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 microsoft4life
Member since 2005 • 946 Posts

@jasean79: You didn't like Season 4 and 5? Wow. I honestly think that those seasons have been the best of the series. Looking at the critical reception is well, it looks like they're in line with my thinking. Especially Season 5. I thought Season 3 featured too much Governor, but it was still excellent.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Pretty decent. Ep2 looks to be a lot better as the outbreak is finally going to go into full swing with riots breaking out and the army battling the undead, so should see the shows true colours next time.

It's also did incredibly well for AMC, 10.1 Million Viewers, making it the best launch for a new series on US Cable. LINK

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jasean79

@microsoft4life: I mean, they were okay, but nothing as interesting as the seasons that preceded them. I just think they're riding this show out way too much because it IS so popular now.

By far, the worst part of the show was the few episodes with Beth in the hospital. When she was abducted by that hearse, I never thought it would lead to something like that. I fought to stay awake through that season just to see what happened. But yeah, pretty much after that I lost interest.

microsoft4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 microsoft4life
Member since 2005 • 946 Posts

@jasean79: I'm genuinely surprised. I was captivated for those seasons. This season coming up looks fantastic, especially with all the new blood. I think that's what has really kept the series so strong, the introduction of so many new characters and making them likable.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@jasean79: That's the exact problem I have with TWD. TWD is my favourite show on TV, when it actually follows the comics.

Now I like when it changes things up, like killing different characters at different times (killing Hershel instead of Tyreese at the prison, and Carol still been alive), or when they expand on stories from the comics (like adding the Terminus backstory to the Hunters instead of them just randomly showing up out of nowhere), and even adding completely new characters (like Daryl and Merle), because it still keeps the core story and still follows the comics, but also gives those of us who read them something new to see and that's a good thing.

However, when they completely go off track with stuff like the 6 episode search for Sophia in S2, half the prison randomly becoming sick in S4, and Beths magical hospital adventure in S5, all just completely derailed the series and does nothing but put the overall story on hold. It's always been clear to me that, much like GoT, TWD only needs 10 episode seasons.

Hopefully, with the stories that should upcoming in the next few seasons, it can keep it's focus on the comics and actually be consistent in it's quality, but I won't get my hopes too high.

In fact though, that is actually why I'm excited for FearTWD, because if everything is original story, they shouldn't have to come up with filler to keep the story going because they can control the pacing a little better.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jasean79

@microsoft4life: Well, my wife is still a fan of the show and there's nothing really else on in that time slot, so I'll continue to watch it. Hopefully, this upcoming season will introduce new characters/storyline that will grab my attention like the first 2 seasons did.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#39 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I suffered through 4.5 seasons of the main show and I just have no desire to return. I just hate how they progress the story. Its like this:

Start of a season: something crazy/cool/entertaining happens. Everyone gets excited about the show again.

Next 3 eps: Characters REACT to the thing that happened in the first episode with lots of boring BS, filler and melodrama in the name of 'character development' except the characters aren't as interesting as the writers think they are and most of the dialogue is overwritten and annoying. I enjoy lots of really slow paced, dialogue heavy shows with little action (eg. Treme, Deadwood) but these episodes are 90% garbage.

Following 3 eps: Setup for something CRAZY in the mid-season finale, more of the shit described above.

Mid-Season finale: something crazy/cool/entertaining happens. someone probably dies, but not without a death-bed monologue and lots of tears.

Rinse and repeat for second half of season, and all other seasons.