Favourite Tarantino Movie?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

I've pretty much thoroughly enjoyed all of them, Kill Bill to a lesser extent. Still good movies, but I didn't think they were as great as many claim. As for favorite, I'd be tempted to say Django Unchained right now, but that's probably because I just saw it for the first time like 2 days ago, and it was awesome, and still fresh in my mind. Upon more serious consideration, it would probably be Inglourious Basterds or Pulp Fiction. Of course... there  is  Reservoir Dogs... haven't watched it in years. I should do that again.

#2 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10127 posts) -

I know some of you are gonna hate me for this, but it would be Django Unchained, although Inglorious Basterds was great as well. But you can't diss Reservoir Dogs, either.

With Pulp Fiction, although I like the way it's filmed and stylized, to me it's really overrated. The same with Kill Bill, even though I liked Part 1. KB part 2 was complete and utter rubbish.

So what about you?

#3 Posted by MonoSilver (1525 posts) -
I love Pulp Fiction. Also Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill Vol. 1. I can't decide which is my favourite.
#4 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -

1. Inglourious Basterds
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Django Unchained
4. Kill Bill
5. Reservoir Dogs
6. Jackie Brown

999999999999. Death Proof

#5 Posted by sukraj (22608 posts) -

from dusk till dawn

#6 Posted by indzman (17621 posts) -

Django Unchained BEST MOVIE EVAR !!!

#7 Posted by comp_atkins (31347 posts) -

You're all killing me....Kill Bill is one movie, for you saying Vol. 1 is your favorite QT movie is ridiculous. Congrats, your favorite Tarantino movie is the first part to a whole movie and you hate the second half....MickeyTheNinja
where are you getting that people automagically hate the second half?

#8 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10127 posts) -

I've pretty much thoroughly enjoyed all of them, Kill Bill to a lesser extent. Still good movies, but I didn't think they were as great as many claim. As for favorite, I'd be tempted to say Django Unchained right now, but that's probably because I just saw it for the first time like 2 days ago, and it was awesome, and still fresh in my mind. Upon more serious consideration, it would probably be Inglourious Basterds or Pulp Fiction. Of course... there  is  Reservoir Dogs... haven't watched it in years. I should do that again.

the_bi99man
I honestly can't see why people rave about Pulp Fiction so much. It's a good movie, but it's nothing spectacular. IB was, though. My favourite movie of 2009.
#9 Posted by PelicanRebelLdr (128 posts) -
Kill Bill Vol. 1 is my favorite Tarantino film.
#10 Posted by m0zart (11562 posts) -

It's one movie that was split into two parts in theaters because no one wanted to sit through a 4 hour long movie, it was a business decision. That doesn't change the fact that it's considered and literally is one film that is just broken into two pieces. Just like back to the future it's one film but into three parts. MickeyTheNinja

No it isn't. It is two movies period. I personally can enjoy it as one movie after the fact, but that's not how it was and not really how it is.

After seeing vol. 1 in theaters I couldn't wait to see vol. 2. While I was waiting, Tarantino was interviewed and mentioned that people were asking "where is vol. 2?", and he said his reply is always the same "we're still making it". So historically, vol. 1 was completed, distributed, and had a full theatrical run before vol. 2 was completed. That's just the fact of the matter.

Even without these facts, it's pretty clear to anyone who viewed both that the first movie and the second movie have almost entirely different tones, different moods, different styles of soundtrack. They just have a different overall aesthetic.

Tarantino probably originally intended it to be one movie, but that's not how it was filmed, not how it was distributed, and not how it was viewed by most people.

#11 Posted by -Water-Wings- (1080 posts) -

I can't pick just one I loved Reservoir Dogs, Plup Fiction, Inglorious Basterds and Django.

#12 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Pulp Fiction with Django a close second.

#13 Posted by MonsieurX (30038 posts) -
It's so hard to make a choice...but I'd go with Django Unchained followed closely by Reservoir Dogs
#14 Posted by m0zart (11562 posts) -

Kill Bill vol. 1 and 2. If I had to pick a favorite between those, it is vol. 1.

#15 Posted by Double_Wide (1985 posts) -
Hands down, Kill Bill vol 1. I'm a huge fan of most of his work though
#16 Posted by nunovlopes (2604 posts) -

I didn't see Django Unchained yet, so Pulp Fiction.

#17 Posted by comp_atkins (31347 posts) -
Kill Bill Vol. 1 is my favorite Tarantino film.PelicanRebelLdr
same
#18 Posted by WolfattheDoor34 (3278 posts) -
Reservoir Dogs I guess
#19 Posted by johnd13 (8093 posts) -

Django Unchained for me.

#20 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Definitely Pulp Fiction
#21 Posted by MickeyTheNinja (3823 posts) -
You're all killing me....Kill Bill is one movie, for you saying Vol. 1 is your favorite QT movie is ridiculous. Congrats, your favorite Tarantino movie is the first part to a whole movie and you hate the second half....
#22 Posted by lostrib (36217 posts) -

Probably between Django and Pulp Fiction

Although I still need to see kill bill vol 2

#23 Posted by MonoSilver (1525 posts) -
You're all killing me....Kill Bill is one movie, for you saying Vol. 1 is your favorite QT movie is ridiculous. Congrats, your favorite Tarantino movie is the first part to a whole movie and you hate the second half....MickeyTheNinja
It's two parts of one story but it IS two films. Just like The Lord of The Rings is one story but split into three parts. Yet no one calls those one film.
#24 Posted by MickeyTheNinja (3823 posts) -

[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]You're all killing me....Kill Bill is one movie, for you saying Vol. 1 is your favorite QT movie is ridiculous. Congrats, your favorite Tarantino movie is the first part to a whole movie and you hate the second half....comp_atkins

where are you getting that people automagically hate the second half?

From the person who said vol 1 is a great movie and vol 2 was "rubbish". If you like Kill Bill, and don't find the second half better but say you like Kill Bill and ignore the other half...it's not your favorite QT movie. Kill Bill is one movie.
#25 Posted by jimkabrhel (15417 posts) -

I haven't seen Django yet, but so far it would be Inglorious Basterds.

#26 Posted by MickeyTheNinja (3823 posts) -
It's one movie that was split into two parts in theaters because no one wanted to sit through a 4 hour long movie, it was a business decision. That doesn't change the fact that it's considered and literally is one film that is just broken into two pieces. Just like back to the future it's one film but into three parts.
#27 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -
Just like back to the future it's one filmMickeyTheNinja
stop posting
#28 Posted by MonoSilver (1525 posts) -
It's one movie that was split into two parts in theaters because no one wanted to sit through a 4 hour long movie, it was a business decision. That doesn't change the fact that it's considered and literally is one film that is just broken into two pieces. Just like back to the future it's one film but into three parts. MickeyTheNinja
So the EIGHT Harry Potter films are just one film? The Star Wars films too?
#29 Posted by MickeyTheNinja (3823 posts) -
[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]Just like back to the future it's one filmJML897
stop posting

You're not smart are you? If you think just because movies are split means they're literally two movies. Technically they are, but literally they're one movie. Back to the future is one movie, hence why they're in Parts. With, Star Wars, Indiana jones, those are sequels. They're additions to. Kill Bill is one movie, there is no sequel it's one whole thing (go watch and read some interviews please). Just like BTTF, it's one grand story broken up because they couldn't make a 6 hour long movie, they split it into parts...how can you not understand this simple fact?
#30 Posted by MonoSilver (1525 posts) -
My reaction...
#31 Posted by MickeyTheNinja (3823 posts) -
[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]It's one movie that was split into two parts in theaters because no one wanted to sit through a 4 hour long movie, it was a business decision. That doesn't change the fact that it's considered and literally is one film that is just broken into two pieces. Just like back to the future it's one film but into three parts. MonoSilver

Logically, you make no sense. The eight Harry potter movies are eight books, advertised as such. Same with Star Wars, and Indiana jones, if BTTF didn't say part 1 2 3 then it would be three movies. Same with kill bill. Volume 1 and 2 means parts, to a whole.
#32 Posted by comp_atkins (31347 posts) -
[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]Just like back to the future it's one filmMickeyTheNinja
stop posting

You're not smart are you? If you think just because movies are split means they're literally two movies. Technically they are, but literally they're one movie. Back to the future is one movie, hence why they're in Parts. With, Star Wars, Indiana jones, those are sequels. They're additions to. Kill Bill is one movie, there is no sequel it's one whole thing (go watch and read some interviews please). Just like BTTF, it's one grand story broken up because they couldn't make a 6 hour long movie, they split it into parts...how can you not understand this simple fact?

lol.. everything, literally everything, on the internet turns into an argument...
#33 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -

if BTTF didn't say part 1 2 3 then it would be three movies. MickeyTheNinja

Using your logic, "The Godfather" trilogy is all one film.

Again - you can keep posting if you want, but with each post you keep making more of an ass out of yourself.

#34 Posted by Postal_Guy (2643 posts) -

Reservoir dogs followed by Django

#35 Posted by Dogborn (35 posts) -

Gotta say, Inglorius Basterds has got to be my personal favorite. Waltz's performance is the epitome of a memorable antagonist imo. Also the classic Tarantino blend of genres is eloquently portrayed in the movie. 

#36 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

inglorious basterds. the movie has so many fun performances and great scenes. waltz or pitt steal the show in practically any given scene but the supporting cast is great too (even in group shots, watch the stiglitz character. hilarious). then there's the bowie scene. the big twist on history has perfect timing. the overall presence of cinema works really too. it's just a really fun movie.

second would be jackie brown and then there's a big drop off for me.

#37 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonoSilver"][QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]It's one movie that was split into two parts in theaters because no one wanted to sit through a 4 hour long movie, it was a business decision. That doesn't change the fact that it's considered and literally is one film that is just broken into two pieces. Just like back to the future it's one film but into three parts. MickeyTheNinja

Logically, you make no sense. The eight Harry potter movies are eight books, advertised as such. Same with Star Wars, and Indiana jones, if BTTF didn't say part 1 2 3 then it would be three movies. Same with kill bill. Volume 1 and 2 means parts, to a whole.

You're getting hung up on terms like Vol, part etc.  Sometimes studios just decide to title it a certain way. If Star Wars had decided to label the movies as part IV, V, and VI rather than episodes would they have all been one movie?  And as others have mentioned the Kill Bill films were completely separate in distribution and filming.  The LOTR or Twilight movies are closer to being one movie since at least those were all filmed together.

#38 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonoSilver"][QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]It's one movie that was split into two parts in theaters because no one wanted to sit through a 4 hour long movie, it was a business decision. That doesn't change the fact that it's considered and literally is one film that is just broken into two pieces. Just like back to the future it's one film but into three parts. MickeyTheNinja

Also, there aren't eight Harry Potter books.

#39 Posted by Aljosa23 (24881 posts) -

Kill Bill and Inglourious Basterds. I much prefer his new stuff.

#40 Posted by RadecSupreme (4650 posts) -

Reservoir Dogs

#41 Posted by m0zart (11562 posts) -

[QUOTE="m0zart"]

After seeing vol. 1 in theaters I couldn't wait to see vol. 2. While I was waiting, Tarantino was interviewed and mentioned that people were asking "where is vol. 2?", and he said his reply is always the same "we're still making it". So historically, vol. 1 was completed, distributed, and had a full theatrical run before vol. 2 was completed. That's just the fact of the matter.

sammyjenkis898

Happen to have a link for this? Tarantino's approach was to make it as one, long epic film, but Weinstein made the decision of splitting the film into two parts, as he thought the general public wouldn't sit through a 3+ hour film.

He was filming it as one film, and the second film was even rumored to be released six months after the first one, so it was finished.

It has been nearly 10 years since I saw that interview, and I cannot find it. However, I did find the segment of the interview where he says what I am saying here. It is in the special features from the original DVD release of Kill Bill Vol. 2. He basically says "It's almost become like 'hello' on the streets: 'Hey when is Kill Bill Vol. 2 coming out? It was supposed to be February wasn't it?' 'No, it's now April.' 'Why so long dude?' 'Because we're still making it.'" That interview and the "Making Of" featurette that contains that clip were viewable before the actual theatrical release of the second movie.

Again, I know Tarantino wanted it to be one film, and I'd even have preferred it that way. It's obvious some scenes were already filmed, even a great many, but the film as we know it was not completed at the time by his own admission. I've also read from him and others on the production that even the soundtrack changed after the fact, because he got the help of a friend to do the music for the second movie and he chose to move away from already-recorded music as was int the first film and have new recordings made exclusively for the second film.

The studio didn't just take a movie, cut it in half, and put in some fancy edits to make them seem separate.

#42 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10127 posts) -

[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"] if BTTF didn't say part 1 2 3 then it would be three movies. JML897

Using your logic, "The Godfather" trilogy is all one film.

Again - you can keep posting if you want, but with each post you keep making more of an ass out of yourself.

Let him. It's quite amusing, actually. Also, in Australia KB1 is rated R18+. KB2 is rated MA15+. I'd say that also makes it two movies, not one.
#43 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28072 posts) -

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Jackie Brown Pulp Fiction Kill Bill Inglorious Basterds Django Unchained Reservoir Dogs Death Proof Only like the first two.DharmaMember77

How can you like the first two but not Reservoir Dogs?

Because I've seen City on Fire.
#44 Posted by KiIIyou (27146 posts) -
I spose Killy Billy
#45 Posted by unrealtron (3148 posts) -
Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds are my favorites.
#46 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Pulp Fiction by far. That movie is so damn qoutable 

#47 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

On topic, I really don't know.  I've really enjoyed every Tarantino movie I've seen.  I have yet to see Jackie Brown though.

#48 Posted by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -
one story is not the same as one film. Kill Bill is one story divided between two films; it's possible to enjoy one more than the other.
#49 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

Pulp Fiction, Inglorious Basterds and of course Django. Django is just brilliant.

#50 Posted by DharmaMember77 (2377 posts) -

[QUOTE="DharmaMember77"]

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Jackie Brown Pulp Fiction Kill Bill Inglorious Basterds Django Unchained Reservoir Dogs Death Proof Only like the first two.sammyjenkis898

How can you like the first two but not Reservoir Dogs?

Because I've seen City on Fire.

Then you should have noticed that it has none of the charm that Reservoir Dogs has.