Favourite holiday?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9469 posts) -

I'm in Thailand (again), remembering all the good memories I've had over here and in South East-Asia. Probably my favourite holiday location ever. What's yours, and what made it memorable?

#2 Posted by Iszdope (10561 posts) -

Damn...

Thought we got lucky and you were banned.

#3 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9469 posts) -

@Iszdope:

@Iszdope said:

Damn...

Thought I got lucky and you were banned.

Fixed it for ya.

And I'm happy to disappoint.

#4 Posted by Iszdope (10561 posts) -

@ShadowsDemon said:

@Iszdope:

@Iszdope said:

Damn...

Thought I got lucky and you were banned.

Fixed it for ya.

Ha!

You wish.

#5 Posted by Boddicker (2982 posts) -

I'm a big homebody. My idea of ideal vacation is laying in my bed with my cat curled up next to me reading a good book.

#6 Edited by johnd13 (7967 posts) -

Haven't been to many places tbh. These days I just prefer staying at home where I have my privacy. Currently at my grandparents' house in the country though, I like going to the beach every day. Love the sea.

#7 Posted by thegerg (15759 posts) -

Thanksgiving

#8 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@thegerg said:

Thanksgiving

#9 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9469 posts) -

@Boddicker: So am I, but it is nice to get out and about sometimes, especially if you know people there.

#10 Edited by bforrester420 (1883 posts) -

Holiday carries a different meaning in the U.S., but I understand that it's interchangeable for "Vacation" in the U.S.

My favorite vacation spots are either Salt Lake City, Utah; or South Lake Tahoe, California. Probably South Lake Tahoe. I'm an avid snow skier, and both places offer tons of different resorts within a short drive. South Lake Tahoe has much better nightlife than Salt Lake City, but is less accessible.

#11 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9469 posts) -

@bforrester420: You may want to try getting out of the country once in a while. :P

#12 Posted by bforrester420 (1883 posts) -

@ShadowsDemon said:

@bforrester420: You may want to try getting out of the country once in a while. :P

I've been to Mexico and Canada. Air travel is such a pain in the ass. I'd love to visit the Alps, but why fly overseas when there's excellent skiing in my own hemisphere? 90% of the holidays I take are to ski.

#13 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9469 posts) -

@bforrester420: Yeha, it definitely is. I live in Australia, and I go to Europe every year to see relatives and so on (I am part European). You can't even imagine how difficult it is to be on a plane for almost 24 hours at a time. Me and my sister ended up clearing out every movie the plane had to offer, lol.

#14 Edited by sukraj (23648 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

Damn...

We have another sniper on our hands.

#15 Edited by Iszdope (10561 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@Iszdope said:

Damn...

Mhm.

#16 Posted by sukraj (23648 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

@sukraj said:

@Iszdope said:

Damn...

Mhm.

he's pretending to be sniper

#17 Edited by Iszdope (10561 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@Iszdope said:

@sukraj said:

@Iszdope said:

Damn...

Mhm.

Thems big shoes to fill.

#18 Posted by silverborg13 (59 posts) -

Well apparently working as a chef in a hotel didn't give me a good time to lay down and rest but I'm just happy I'm earning well after a hard days work.. In the Philippines I love the Holy week, it takes 4 days of work off and gives me a good time to relax. however, All I do is play videogames, if not go outside and look for more games :( but anyway it still fun and all :D

#19 Posted by sukraj (23648 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

@sukraj said:

@Iszdope said:

@sukraj said:

@Iszdope said:

Damn...

Mhm.

Thems big shoes to fill.

H'e obssessed with him lol

#20 Posted by yokofox33 (30180 posts) -

I've always felt all warm and fuzzy during the Christmas season.

#21 Posted by brimmul777 (1411 posts) -

March 17th of each year.Can you guess??BTW,are you talking about what holiday season or vacation spot.I'm a little confused.

#22 Edited by sukraj (23648 posts) -

i wish i could go back to Canada for a holiday.

#23 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9469 posts) -

@yokofox33: Oh, do tell...

#24 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (985 posts) -

@Boddicker said:

I'm a big homebody. My idea of ideal vacation is laying in my bed with my cat curled up next to me reading a good book.

Me too.

Whenever I go on vacation, I just end up getting neurotic about things at home, defeating the whole purpose.

#25 Edited by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

My favorite holiday period has to be Christmas. I get the most time off of school (aside from summer) and I enjoy the cold weather (or lack there of)

But my favorite holiday location has to right here, in my room. I get to play video games, read, watch movies, and go on the internet. Can't think of anything more fun than that, honestly.

#26 Posted by sukraj (23648 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

My favorite holiday period has to be Christmas. I get the most time off of school (aside from summer) and I enjoy the cold weather (or lack there of)

But my favorite holiday location has to right here, in my room. I get to play video games, read, watch movies, and go on the internet. Can't think of anything more fun than that, honestly.

I love playing games and watching movies too.

#27 Posted by watchdogsrules (490 posts) -

Christmas

#28 Posted by lensflare15 (6182 posts) -

Christmas or Thanksgiving. I love the colder weather and the beautiful scenery of fall, the different holiday foods, the shorter hours of daylight, Christmas decorations and lights, and the possibility of seeing snow if I travel up further north from where I live in Florida. Aside from that, I can be a pretty sentimental person and I have a lot of good memories associated with those two holidays and that time of year in general.