Favourite Hans Zimmer soundtrack.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Hans Zimmer is probably the go to guy for any film that needs an 'epic' soundtrack. Which of his numerous works is your favourite?

I'd have to say mine is the Gladiator soundtrack. So amazing.

#2 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

'Gladiator', and in no small part due to Lisa Gerrard's work on it.

#3 Posted by tenaka2 (17019 posts) -

'Gladiator', and in no small part due to Lisa Gerrard's work on it.

worlock77

Id consider it tobe more lisa gerrards then zimmers, expecially if you listen to her other works.

Not sure about entire sound tracks but the song 'your so cool' from True Romance is a classic.

#4 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

Hans Zimmer is pretty good, but I don't understand the obsession over him really.  I liked when he collaberated with John Powell for Kung fu Panda.  Though I'd say Powell is the better composer of the two.

#5 Posted by comp_atkins (31266 posts) -
like some of the stuff in crimson tide, the rock and gladiator.
#6 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -
i like the inception soundtrack. link and link.
#7 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28038 posts) -
#8 Posted by BLKR4330 (1698 posts) -

the true romance soundtrack just totally hit the spot in that movie and still occasionally pops up in my head.

#9 Posted by zenogandia (912 posts) -

Lion King. 

LionKingsoundtrackalbumcover.png

#10 Posted by NoAssKicker47 (2844 posts) -

Lion King. 

LionKingsoundtrackalbumcover.png

zenogandia
This man is correct.
#11 Posted by Legend002 (7023 posts) -

[QUOTE="zenogandia"]

Lion King. 

NoAssKicker47

This man is correct.

I will confirm.

#12 Posted by Blue-Sky (10315 posts) -

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"][QUOTE="zenogandia"]

Lion King. 

Legend002

This man is correct.

I will confirm.

I will Concur. 

#13 Posted by IdioticIcarus (2242 posts) -
#14 Posted by PsychoRedFox666 (2081 posts) -

Hans Zimmer would be cool if he actually wrote most of what you hear. Hans isn't one writer, he's like seven.

#15 Posted by zenogandia (912 posts) -
#16 Posted by WiiMan21 (8157 posts) -

Aurora, which was created due to the Aurora shooting from the Midnight The Dark Knight Rising release.

It actually brings a tear to my eye when I hear it.

#17 Posted by Brutal_Elitegs (16175 posts) -

Not really a fan.

^that's pretty great though; always did love that Batman theme.

#18 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

Concerning his work, I've heard only what he composed alongside James Newton Howard for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, the score for Inception (which he composed alone), and the score for The Dark Knight Rises (which he composed alone). Out of these, I like the score for The Dark Knight Rises the most.

#19 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -

king-arthur-25.jpg

Just loved the sad and epic bits of this sound track,

I usually play this when i'm doing a massive battle on a total war game and both armies are massacring each other

#20 Posted by zenogandia (912 posts) -

Concerning his work, I've heard only what he composed alongside James Newton Howard for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, the score for Inception (which he composed alone), and the score for The Dark Knight Rises (which he composed alone). Out of these, I like the score for The Dark Knight Rises the most.

BluRayHiDef

Those suck compared the Lion King soundtrack. 

#21 Posted by zenogandia (912 posts) -

king-arthur-25.jpg

Just loved the sad and epic bits of this sound track,

I usually play this when i'm doing a massive battle on a total war game and both armies are massacring each other

sonofsmeagle

Medievel total war 2's: the duke of death score is the most epic peace of music i've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY81yYFzgiU

#22 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

zenogandia

I thought that the Lion King's soundtrack was sung by the voice actors. It wasn't a lyricless, instrumental composition?

#23 Posted by Niff_T (6052 posts) -
#24 Posted by zenogandia (912 posts) -

[QUOTE="zenogandia"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

I thought that the Lion King's soundtrack was sung by the voice actors. It wasn't a lyricless, instrumental composition?

There is an instrumental version as well. 

#25 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="zenogandia"]Those suck compared the Lion King soundtrack. 

zenogandia

There is an instrumental version as well. 

I will sample it.