Favorite FX TV Shows/Series?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
I am glad to see there are others who appreciate Wilfred.
perphekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#52 perphekt
Member since 2009 • 1096 Posts
Archer and American Horror Story
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

American Horror Story even though I only watched it online. lol

iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

Sons of Anarchy and Louie are the two I like the most.

Am I the only one who doesn't find Archer that funny? I only watched the first episode so maybe I judged it too quickly, but I don't know...

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

Am I the only one who doesn't find Archer that funny? I only watched the first episode so maybe I judged it too quickly, but I don't know...

iloverikku11

The first episode is easily the worst one (in my opinion at least). The show picks up very quickly with the second and third episodes.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Archer, Louie, It's Always Sunny (well, the earlier seasons), and Wilfred are all pretty good although I've only seen a few episodes of the latter. Never got into The Shield and I don't like Sons Of Anarchy. Anger Management blows.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

iloverikku11

When I first watched the pilot episode I thought it was trying way too hard to be edgy and I didn't give it another chance until after season 2. Now it's one of my favorite shows

I would say give it another shot. Like the guy above said I think the Pilot is the worst episode in the series.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
The League
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

[QUOTE="iloverikku11"]

Toxic-Seahorse

The first episode is easily the worst one (in my opinion at least). The show picks up very quickly with the second and third episodes.

I actually like the pilot quite a bit, but I think you appreciate MUCH more after getting into the show oddly enough.

It really just sets up the disfunctional personalities of MOST of the Isis staff (actually Krieger, one of if not my FAV characters on the show isn't even in the first episode)

In general, Archer is a show that actually gets FUNNIER the more you watch it. They have a bunch of great running jokes and more subtle jokes that you might miss the first time you see an episode.

Also, the Placebo Effect episode is seriously the funniest thing ever.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 JML897

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="iloverikku11"]

LostProphetFLCL

I actually like the pilot quite a bit, but I think you appreciate MUCH more after getting into the show oddly enough.

It really just sets up the disfunctional personalities of MOST of the Isis staff (actually Krieger, one of if not my FAV characters on the show isn't even in the first episode)

In general, Archer is a show that actually gets FUNNIER the more you watch it. They have a bunch of great running jokes and more subtle jokes that you might miss the first time you see an episode.

This entire post is true

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="iloverikku11"]

LostProphetFLCL

Easily the best episode. Netflix needs to put up season 3 though. Season 4 just started airing so there's no reason season 3 shouldn't be up yet, the DVD is already out.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] The first episode is easily the worst one (in my opinion at least). The show picks up very quickly with the second and third episodes.

Toxic-Seahorse

Easily the best episode. Netflix needs to put up season 3 though. Season 4 just started airing so there's no reason season 3 shouldn't be up yet, the DVD is already out.

Yeah they really let me down there. I actually ran out and grabbed the DVD so me and my GF could watch through season 3 before the premiere.

Good thing too because that season 4 premiere was freaking AWESOME!!!

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Without a doubt one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Without a doubt one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

Mkavanaugh77

Been going slighty downhill the last couple seasons imo but still a great and funny show.

My favorite scene (most likely ever)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzaVd6zl2bA

A little, but like you said still great, and they're still really awesome episodes. It's just that pretty much 100% of the episodes from the first 5 seasons were amazing.

Edit: Also this is one of my favorite moments:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar9spNzOFPk

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 JML897
My favorite scene in Sunny has to be when they're setting up a match.com profile for Charlie. The best episode though is when they go around selling gasoline. I had to pause the dvd a few times because I was laughing so hard
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Hard to pick a favorite. SoA, Sunny, Louie, and Archer are all really good.

I like some episodes of The League too.

Mink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Mink
Member since 2005 • 1794 Posts

tumblr_lxxd23d8jR1qkjzmlo1_400.gif

Rescue me, it was great. Great enough they put their uniforms from the show in the smithsonian. But since the show's over, as far as current stuff goes. Louie, Sons Of Anarchy, Justified, really everything FX does is usually worth one's time.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 TacticalDesire

My favorite scene in Sunny has to be when they're setting up a match.com profile for Charlie. The best episode though is when they go around selling gasoline. I had to pause the dvd a few times because I was laughing so hardJML897

The Gas Crisis is just a classic episode. It pretty much epitomizes the whole show. From their "group dynamic" talk to Mac's fake comprehension of economics.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"] Been going slighty downhill the last couple seasons imo but still a great and funny show.

Mkavanaugh77

A little, but like you said still great, and they're still really awesome episodes. It's just that pretty much 100% of the episodes from the first 5 seasons were amazing.

My only problem is that the show to me is getting really repetitive with how the characters act. (except for Charlie) I wanna see them switch up their character more.

Ah I gotcha. I guess they're kinda set in their roles.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"] Been going slighty downhill the last couple seasons imo but still a great and funny show.

Mkavanaugh77

My only problem is that the show to me is getting really repetitive with how the characters act. (except for Charlie) I wanna see them switch up their character more.

They won't. The characters are static.

N1K0LA191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75 N1K0LA191
Member since 2011 • 79 Posts
hate FX, they have more commercials than show. =pAllicrombie
It's actually the same amount of commercials and your actual TV program as any other station. They just promote a lot more of their own TV shows during their commercials.
bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 bigfoot2045
Member since 2012 • 732 Posts

Archer and Sunny. Justified is an okay filler show when nothing else is on. Nothing I'd go out of my way to watch though. 

ttobba07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77 ttobba07
Member since 2005 • 2396 Posts
Archer. Nothing else needs to be said.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points