Favorite FX TV Shows/Series?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by N1K0LA191 (66 posts) -

Personally, I have recently become more than addicted to Justified on FX. I went and bought seasons 1, 2, and 3 on DVD so that I could catch up for season 4 that started earlier this month. Anyone who likes western sorts of TV shows, mixed with a little law enforcement, Justified is for you. It's definitely worth checking out, a bad ass US Marshall that still thinks its ok to shoot criminals on site, and gets himself involved in all sort of trouble and stand off situations. I also like Anger Management, because Charlie Sheen is a BOSS, and of course, American Horror Story. Anyone else opinions on their favorite FX TV shows/series?

#2 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
I also like Anger Management, because Charlie Sheen is a BOSSN1K0LA191
please say more plebeian things for my amusement
#3 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15987 posts) -

Just Re-runs of Married With Children. Oh. The Simpsons too.

#4 Posted by Laihendi (5828 posts) -
Wilfred is one of the best shows I have ever seen.
#5 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -
The Shield and Archer
#6 Posted by Chutebox (37009 posts) -

Archer of course

#7 Posted by Branmuffin316 (1200 posts) -

Justified

#8 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4125 posts) -
Definitely Archer.
#9 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Archer

#10 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28072 posts) -
The Shield Everything else.
#11 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Don't really watch FX shows. Have heard a lot of people talking about Archer lately though. Is it worth watching ?

#12 Posted by HyperWarlock (3256 posts) -

I would say Anger Management too, I love that show.

#13 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4125 posts) -

Don't really watch FX shows. Have heard a lot of people talking about Archer lately though. Is it worth watching ?

nooblet69
Yes.
#14 Posted by Blue-Sky (10320 posts) -

nooblet69

I don't think you should continue your life without experiencing The Shield.

#15 Posted by Legend002 (7089 posts) -
I watch a lot of TUF.
#16 Posted by JohnF111 (14089 posts) -
Anger Management probably, don't watch many FX shows though so yeah.
#17 Posted by awesomeface (3661 posts) -
Sons of Anarchy and Louie are the only ones I think I've seen. I might check out Archer and Justified looks pretty good.
#18 Posted by Deadpool-n (467 posts) -

Always Sunny, The League, Wilfred, Archer, Louie, American Horror Story. It is really one of the best stations on television.

#19 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Sons of Anarchy and Justified.

#20 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -
hate FX, they have more commercials than show. =p
#21 Posted by HyperWarlock (3256 posts) -

hate FX, they have more commercials than show. =pAllicrombie

TiVo.

#22 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]hate FX, they have more commercials than show. =pHyperWarlock

TiVo.

Tivo still exists? Everythign is dvr now.

#23 Posted by HyperWarlock (3256 posts) -

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]hate FX, they have more commercials than show. =pPirate700

TiVo.

I have no idea what that is, but I don't live in the US so maybe that's why.

TiVo is different over here than in the US btw.

#24 Posted by konvikt_17 (22221 posts) -

hate FX, they have more commercials than show. =pAllicrombie

indeed.

i DVRed Iron Man on FX. takes 3 hours to watch the 2 hour movie.

so almost an hour worth of commercials.

#25 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]hate FX, they have more commercials than show. =pHyperWarlock

TiVo.

have a dvr, nowhere near as good as my old TiVO.
#26 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2877 posts) -
FX or Fox as it is now known is different in the UK. We get Dexter, True Blood, The Walking Dead, Family Guy, American Dad, King Of The Hill, Arrested Development, Louie (about to start), Eastbound and Down, Falling Skies, American Horror Story... Pretty much Fox and Sky Atlantic share most of the worthwhile American shows. It just sucks that Breaking Bad only lasted like 2 seasons in the UK, and was never renewed by Fox.
#27 Posted by HyperWarlock (3256 posts) -

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]hate FX, they have more commercials than show. =pAllicrombie

TiVo.

What's the difference between a TiVO and a DVR?

#28 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

TiVo.

HyperWarlock

What's the difference between a TiVO and a DVR?

the DVR is put out by the cable company. Doesn't have nearly as much space or advanced features as TiVO, like being able to search for movies and shows by keyword or actor or a bunch of other criteria.
#29 Posted by Agent-Zero (6196 posts) -

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]hate FX, they have more commercials than show. =pPirate700

TiVo.

Serious? TiVo is a dvr. DVR stands for digital video recorder. Anyways best show on FX is Sons of Anarchy, followed by Archer.
#30 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -
It's Always Sunny is really the only show I watch regularly. Been trying to get into American Horror Story.
#31 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -
It's Always Sunny is really the only show I watch regularly. Been trying to get into American Horror Story. -Tish-
watched the first ep of American Horror Story on Netflix. I love Dylan McDermott but that is a weird show, lol.
#32 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

FX or Fox as it is now known is different in the UK. We get Dexter, True Blood, The Walking Dead, Family Guy, American Dad, King Of The Hill, Arrested Development, Louie (about to start), Eastbound and Down, Falling Skies, American Horror Story... Pretty much Fox and Sky Atlantic share most of the worthwhile American shows. It just sucks that Breaking Bad only lasted like 2 seasons in the UK, and was never renewed by Fox.APiranhaAteMyVa
Dexter? That's Showtime. And Walking Dead is AMC. How are those on FX?

#33 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Tish-"]It's Always Sunny is really the only show I watch regularly. Been trying to get into American Horror Story. Allicrombie
watched the first ep of American Horror Story on Netflix. I love Dylan McDermott but that is a weird show, lol.

American Horror Story is fantastic. The 2nd season is even better.

#34 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -

[QUOTE="APiranhaAteMyVa"]FX or Fox as it is now known is different in the UK. We get Dexter, True Blood, The Walking Dead, Family Guy, American Dad, King Of The Hill, Arrested Development, Louie (about to start), Eastbound and Down, Falling Skies, American Horror Story... Pretty much Fox and Sky Atlantic share most of the worthwhile American shows. It just sucks that Breaking Bad only lasted like 2 seasons in the UK, and was never renewed by Fox.Pirate700

I think you didn't understand his post. He was talking about how different the channel is in the UK (where I assume he lives)

#35 Posted by dave123321 (33995 posts) -

[QUOTE="APiranhaAteMyVa"]FX or Fox as it is now known is different in the UK. We get Dexter, True Blood, The Walking Dead, Family Guy, American Dad, King Of The Hill, Arrested Development, Louie (about to start), Eastbound and Down, Falling Skies, American Horror Story... Pretty much Fox and Sky Atlantic share most of the worthwhile American shows. It just sucks that Breaking Bad only lasted like 2 seasons in the UK, and was never renewed by Fox.Pirate700

Just the way it is
#36 Posted by dave123321 (33995 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="APiranhaAteMyVa"]FX or Fox as it is now known is different in the UK. We get Dexter, True Blood, The Walking Dead, Family Guy, American Dad, King Of The Hill, Arrested Development, Louie (about to start), Eastbound and Down, Falling Skies, American Horror Story... Pretty much Fox and Sky Atlantic share most of the worthwhile American shows. It just sucks that Breaking Bad only lasted like 2 seasons in the UK, and was never renewed by Fox.JML897

I think you didn't understand his post. He was talking about how different the channel is in the UK (where I assume he lives)

mhm
#37 Posted by HyperWarlock (3256 posts) -

They air on FX in the UK. A lot of the US FX shows air on Comedy Central in the UK.

#38 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="APiranhaAteMyVa"]FX or Fox as it is now known is different in the UK. We get Dexter, True Blood, The Walking Dead, Family Guy, American Dad, King Of The Hill, Arrested Development, Louie (about to start), Eastbound and Down, Falling Skies, American Horror Story... Pretty much Fox and Sky Atlantic share most of the worthwhile American shows. It just sucks that Breaking Bad only lasted like 2 seasons in the UK, and was never renewed by Fox.JML897

I fully understand it. Doesn't answer my question though. Showtime and AMC are not sister stations of Fox (which FX is).

#39 Posted by dave123321 (33995 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Dexter? That's Showtime. And Walking Dead is AMC. How are those on FX?

Pirate700

I fully understand it. Doesn't answer my question though. Showtime and AMC are not sister stations of Fox (which FX is).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_(UK_and_Ireland)
#40 Posted by JohnF111 (14089 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Dexter? That's Showtime. And Walking Dead is AMC. How are those on FX?

Pirate700

I'm guessing it's like when you watch one channel and there's an advertisement for another channel, maybe FX in the UK benefits from having two really huge shows on their channel and Showtime and AMC benefit from some international advertising.
#41 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="JML897"]

dave123321

Dude, I get it. I'm just saying it's odd to have shows from outside of the Fox family of networks, on Fox. I'm not doubting him.

#42 Posted by dave123321 (33995 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]I fully understand it. Doesn't answer my question though. Showtime and AMC are not sister stations of Fox (which FX is).

Pirate700

Dude, I get it. I'm just saying it's odd to have shows from outside of the Fox family of networks, on Fox. I'm not doubting him.

It's not really an odd practice though. Just the way these things work.
#43 Posted by dave123321 (33995 posts) -
Louie
#44 Posted by dave123321 (33995 posts) -
The shield
#45 Posted by travisstaggs (10536 posts) -

Anger Management, Wilifred, Archer, Always Sunny, and Louie.

#46 Posted by CycleOfViolence (3314 posts) -

Sons of Anarchy and Justified.

#47 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="-Tish-"]It's Always Sunny is really the only show I watch regularly. Been trying to get into American Horror Story. Pirate700

American Horror Story is fantastic. The 2nd season is even better.

I'm more of a Downton Abbey kinda gal. =P
#48 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17279 posts) -

nooblet69

Have you ever enjoyed an animated comedy show? Even if you haven't you still need to watch Archer.

And yeah, Archer is without a doubt the best show on FX. Seriously might be my fav show of all-time. It at the very least is the FUNNIEST show I have ever seen!

#49 Posted by metroidfood (11173 posts) -

TC, you're entering what some might call a "zone of danger."

#50 Posted by David719 (1822 posts) -

Archer and Louie

Never watched the Shield.