Fat news anchor rages at email

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

lol she got trolled big time and is even dumb enough to actually care about it

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
She's fat but she isn't sloppy with it so who cares
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
And why is this a weight loss suggestion/fat people apologist thread now? I'm just under 6 foot and 260 pounds. I'm a fat guy and if you don't like it, you can go **** yourself.El_Zo1212o
Some people who want to lose weight may not know the proper way of doing so, as there is a TON of misinformation out there. Preferably though everyone would be as happy inside their skin as you are, but unfortunately this is not the case.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#254 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
I agree that obesity is usually unhealthy (in reality, some fat people are very healthy despite their excess fat), but the email she received was definitely rude. Encouraging fat people to hate themselves for being fat does way more harm than good. And that email was unnecessary in the first place; I'm pretty sure that most fat people are aware that they're fat. The last thing they want to told to an obsessive degree is that they're fat because that reminder does nothing but engender self-hatred. As someone who used to deal with constant shaming and self-hatred due to my slightly overweight physique, I can't help but take the woman's side here.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#255 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

e-mail - i think - in this case was a bit rude. but the whole thing is just an awkward upleasent affair for all parties i think.

Also turning off the Youtube comments isn't a victory saying that the uploaders are too sensitive or can't handle it, it's the fact that comment sections virtually anywhere are a cess pool for the lowest common denominator.

i love Youtube, lots of great documentaries and debates are uploaded on there, but even on some where say... WWII in HD documentary, the comments are all about how the Holocaust was faked, or debating whether the Jews asked for it.

so prove me wrong that the vast majority of the comment sections don't turn into such nonsense.

EasyStreet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 EasyStreet
Member since 2003 • 11672 Posts
[QUOTE="EasyStreet"][QUOTE="Ugalde-"]She needs to lose some weight.Bloodseeker23
Bet she gives good head.

She can give better head when she loses weight. More stamina aye

Never underestimate the power of fat person and putting things in their mouth.
MrMr-x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 MrMr-x2
Member since 2012 • 89 Posts
I have a perfect solution for losing fat. Have at least 3 third world people follow every obese person. All the food they buy must be shared.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#258 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
I agree that obesity is usually unhealthy (in reality, some fat people are very healthy despite their excess fat), but the email she received was definitely rude. Encouraging fat people to hate themselves for being fat does way more harm than good. And that email was unnecessary in the first place; I'm pretty sure that most fat people are aware that they're fat. The last thing they want to told to an obsessive degree is that they're fat because that reminder does nothing but engender self-hatred. As someone who used to deal with constant shaming and self-hatred due to my slightly overweight physique, I can't help but take the woman's side here. ghoklebutter
She needs to take her medical condition seriously. She currently isn't, and the man who emailed her shamed her for supporting such an unhealthy lifestyle. She's in the public eye, and she's making it seem as though nothing is wrong with being obese. She's turning a blind eye to the fact it's become an epidemic in America. The thing that annoys me the most, is she's went on air and said she didn't like being called a "bad role model", because she has girls of her own. Yet she neglects her health, and gets offended when someone points it out. If she'd only life a healthier life so she could be there for her children.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 ghoklebutter

She needs to take her medical condition seriously. She currently isn't,Nibroc420

You have no reason to believe that. Just because she's still obese doesn't mean that she's not trying to take care of her condition.

Also, my point stands; shaming someone about their weight is the worst way to encourage them to lose it. It works for some people, but it doesn't work for most, and for the ones it works on, self-hatred and other mental problems are very likely as a result of being pressured and shamed.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] She needs to take her medical condition seriously. She currently isn't, and the man who emailed her shamed her for supporting such an unhealthy lifestyle. She's in the public eye, and she's making it seem as though nothing is wrong with being obese. She's turning a blind eye to the fact it's become an epidemic in America. The thing that annoys me the most, is she's went on air and said she didn't like being called a "bad role model", because she has girls of her own. Yet she neglects her health, and gets offended when someone points it out. If she'd only life a healthier life so she could be there for her children.

She hasn't got a medical condition, she's fat. She has every right to continue being fat. You say she is turning a blind eye to the fact it's become an epidemic? Don't you think populating the news rooms with pretty, skinny anchors does more to reinforce that particular brand of public blindness? I submit that her very presence on that program makes that remark invalid. And she got offended because in a civilized society, people don't make personal remarks like that to people they don't know. Go ask Alice- she'll tell you all about it.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
I agree that obesity is usually unhealthy (in reality, some fat people are very healthy despite their excess fat), but the email she received was definitely rude. Encouraging fat people to hate themselves for being fat does way more harm than good. And that email was unnecessary in the first place; I'm pretty sure that most fat people are aware that they're fat. The last thing they want to told to an obsessive degree is that they're fat because that reminder does nothing but engender self-hatred. As someone who used to deal with constant shaming and self-hatred due to my slightly overweight physique, I can't help but take the woman's side here. ghoklebutter
It's her own fault if she's so insecure that she's bothered by an anonymous email like that.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]I agree that obesity is usually unhealthy (in reality, some fat people are very healthy despite their excess fat), but the email she received was definitely rude. Encouraging fat people to hate themselves for being fat does way more harm than good. And that email was unnecessary in the first place; I'm pretty sure that most fat people are aware that they're fat. The last thing they want to told to an obsessive degree is that they're fat because that reminder does nothing but engender self-hatred. As someone who used to deal with constant shaming and self-hatred due to my slightly overweight physique, I can't help but take the woman's side here. Laihendi
It's her own fault if she's so insecure that she's bothered by an anonymous email like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's insecure because of all of the shaming she has to deal with. Just because it's an anonymous email doesn't mean it's not offensive.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] I wouldn't be surprised if she's insecure because of all of the shaming she has to deal with.

I don't buy that. I think she responded the way she did because if she had done what I would've done(reply: "Dear sir: Kindly go F*** yourself. Sincerely, A Fat Person."), it would have cost her her job.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] She needs to take her medical condition seriously. She currently isn't, and the man who emailed her shamed her for supporting such an unhealthy lifestyle. She's in the public eye, and she's making it seem as though nothing is wrong with being obese. She's turning a blind eye to the fact it's become an epidemic in America. The thing that annoys me the most, is she's went on air and said she didn't like being called a "bad role model", because she has girls of her own. Yet she neglects her health, and gets offended when someone points it out. If she'd only life a healthier life so she could be there for her children.

She hasn't got a medical condition, she's fat. She has every right to continue being fat. You say she is turning a blind eye to the fact it's become an epidemic? Don't you think populating the news rooms with pretty, skinny anchors does more to reinforce that particular brand of public blindness? I submit that her very presence on that program makes that remark invalid. And she got offended because in a civilized society, people don't make personal remarks like that to people they don't know. Go ask Alice- she'll tell you all about it.

she has the right to be fat, but as a public news anchor she should lose weight. and every news reporter in my area is normal weight. not skinny. a normal, healthy weight. the email was sent to her because she is the in the public eye. she could have ignored it
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 mingmao3046
I thought she kicked his ass. But then the softy rhetoric came in- schools have always been battlegrounds. The only thing that's changed in the last hundred years is the manner of warfare being engaged in. Before, you used to call a kid fat, but you ran the risk of getting bowled over and sat on. Now, you can just send an email, or a message on Faceyspace. And the fat kid has been taught that there's no reason to hit anyone ever. (And what the hell are school children doing with faceyspace accounts anyway?? Why not just send your kid to school with a "molest me" sign taped to his back?) The problem is that there are no consequences anymore for the bullies. Does anyone remember that video where the fat kid manhandled the sh!t out of the bully? If that happened more often, there'd be less bullies.El_Zo1212o
she did not "kick his ass". she compared being fat to having a disability. "his words mean nothing to me", and then goes on a 4min rant...
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]I agree that obesity is usually unhealthy (in reality, some fat people are very healthy despite their excess fat), but the email she received was definitely rude. Encouraging fat people to hate themselves for being fat does way more harm than good. And that email was unnecessary in the first place; I'm pretty sure that most fat people are aware that they're fat. The last thing they want to told to an obsessive degree is that they're fat because that reminder does nothing but engender self-hatred. As someone who used to deal with constant shaming and self-hatred due to my slightly overweight physique, I can't help but take the woman's side here. ghoklebutter

I wouldn't be surprised if she's insecure because of all of the shaming she has to deal with. Just because it's an anonymous email doesn't mean it's not offensive.

She's shamed because she's insecure, not vice versa.

Confident people don't feel shame.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] It's her own fault if she's so insecure that she's bothered by an anonymous email like that.

You don't know that for sure, and neither do I.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] She needs to take her medical condition seriously. She currently isn't, and the man who emailed her shamed her for supporting such an unhealthy lifestyle. She's in the public eye, and she's making it seem as though nothing is wrong with being obese. She's turning a blind eye to the fact it's become an epidemic in America. The thing that annoys me the most, is she's went on air and said she didn't like being called a "bad role model", because she has girls of her own. Yet she neglects her health, and gets offended when someone points it out. If she'd only life a healthier life so she could be there for her children.mingmao3046

she has the right to be fat, but as a public news anchor she should lose weight. and every news reporter in my area is normal weight. not skinny. a normal, healthy weight. the email was sent to her because she is the in the public eye. she could have ignored it

Being skinny is not a requirement or even remotely necessary as a public news anchor. No one talks about public news anchors in the context of role models. They're just regular people. Seriously, if someone wants to be fat idgaf, and I'm not going to be rude to them over it.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]I thought she kicked his ass. But then the softy rhetoric came in- schools have always been battlegrounds. The only thing that's changed in the last hundred years is the manner of warfare being engaged in. Before, you used to call a kid fat, but you ran the risk of getting bowled over and sat on. Now, you can just send an email, or a message on Faceyspace. And the fat kid has been taught that there's no reason to hit anyone ever. (And what the hell are school children doing with faceyspace accounts anyway?? Why not just send your kid to school with a "molest me" sign taped to his back?) The problem is that there are no consequences anymore for the bullies. Does anyone remember that video where the fat kid manhandled the sh!t out of the bully? If that happened more often, there'd be less bullies.mingmao3046
she did not "kick his ass". she compared being fat to having a disability. "his words mean nothing to me", and then goes on a 4min rant...

Dude's ugly anyway.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Laihendi
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] I wouldn't be surprised if she's insecure because of all of the shaming she has to deal with. Just because it's an anonymous email doesn't mean it's not offensive.

You don't know that for sure, and neither do I.

No really, I do. If someone is confident about who/what he is and what decisions he has made, he will not feel any shame regardless of how much ridicule he is subjected to.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 mingmao3046

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]I thought she kicked his ass. But then the softy rhetoric came in- schools have always been battlegrounds. The only thing that's changed in the last hundred years is the manner of warfare being engaged in. Before, you used to call a kid fat, but you ran the risk of getting bowled over and sat on. Now, you can just send an email, or a message on Faceyspace. And the fat kid has been taught that there's no reason to hit anyone ever. (And what the hell are school children doing with faceyspace accounts anyway?? Why not just send your kid to school with a "molest me" sign taped to his back?) The problem is that there are no consequences anymore for the bullies. Does anyone remember that video where the fat kid manhandled the sh!t out of the bully? If that happened more often, there'd be less bullies.TacticalDesire

Dude's ugly anyway.

ehh not really. he is also a physically fit lawyer. basically an alpha male.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

although obesity is largely your own fault, there are other factors that have to be taken into account. regardless, she did nothing to deserve that insult..

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 El_Zo1212o
...as a public news anchor she should lose weight.mingmao3046
How do you figure?
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"] she did not "kick his ass". she compared being fat to having a disability. "his words mean nothing to me", and then goes on a 4min rant...mingmao3046

Dude's ugly anyway.

ehh not really. he is also a physically fit lawyer. basically an alpha male.

Poor facial structure, and he's a security guard bro. The lawyer thing has been proven incorrect. Also he apologized.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-fat-shaming-news-anchor-article-1.1175963

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

And why is this a weight loss suggestion/fat people apologist thread now? I'm just under 6 foot and 260 pounds. I'm a fat guy and if you don't like it, you can go **** yourself.El_Zo1212o
Self control

Try it.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]And why is this a weight loss suggestion/fat people apologist thread now? I'm just under 6 foot and 260 pounds. I'm a fat guy and if you don't like it, you can go **** yourself.TopTierHustler

Self control

Try it.

Did once. Didn't think too much of it.'specially when some assh*le starts flinging insults at people he doesn't know based on their appearance.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"]...as a public news anchor she should lose weight.El_Zo1212o
How do you figure?

Cause you need a wide angle shot to see her co-presenter.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]And why is this a weight loss suggestion/fat people apologist thread now? I'm just under 6 foot and 260 pounds. I'm a fat guy and if you don't like it, you can go **** yourself.El_Zo1212o

Self control

Try it.

Did once. Didn't think too much of it.'specially when some assh*le starts flinging insults at people he doesn't know based on their appearance.

It's obvious there's a lack of self control to be fair.