Fat news anchor rages at email

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5239 posts) -
I bet the TC is either a lardbutt in denial, or he is one who wrote that email and got his feelings hurt.
#52 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5239 posts) -

I guess women shouldn't have any more babies since that is typically the #1 reason why middle aged women gain so much weight.

DharmaMember77
No! It is because they are lazy fatbutts with no discipline! Being fat is always choice and not other way. Denial you are!
#53 Posted by Bloodseeker23 (8338 posts) -
She is fat
#54 Posted by TopTierHustler (3961 posts) -

TC, your an insensitive @$$

Yes, food choice is huge in weight control, but there are dozens of other biological & social factors that put many at a disadvantage.

Not to mention if you grew up obese because of your parents, it becomes difficult to lose that weight. Its like debt. Once in its much harder to get out.

dercoo

let's be honest, it's laziness and a lack of self control.

#55 Posted by mingmao3046 (2485 posts) -

#56 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -
TC is probably a fatass with self image issues.
#57 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -
Obesity is definitely a choice/habit you can control. l4dak47
#58 Posted by killblade37 (1091 posts) -

Becoming obese is a choice like becoming homosexual is a choice. Staying obese is often a choice like picking your morning outfit is a choice. Being a dick is always a choice.

guynamedbilly

Well, let me get into my religion avoidience square before this sh*t storm gets started.

#59 Posted by killblade37 (1091 posts) -

mingmao3046

Oh god im going to hell for laughing at that last one...

#60 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5239 posts) -
This thread is living proof of humanities fail.
#61 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
This thread is living proof of humanities fail. TheWalkingGhost
you seem to be denying that burning more calories than you take in is not enough to lose weight you are the one failing
#62 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5239 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]This thread is living proof of humanities fail. cheese_game619
you seem to be denying that burning more calories than you take in is not enough to lose weight you are the one failing

Good lord. That wasn't even what I was talking about. Ugh.
#63 Posted by mahlasor (1278 posts) -

^ I got what you were referring to, but I had to think about it. Your message could be easily taken either way. As in the posters are fail, or the youtube video shows fail of humanity. Depends if you are profat, or profit.

#64 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
this poor attempt at sarcasm confirms he is profat
No! It is because they are lazy fatbutts with no discipline! Being fat is always choice and not other way. Denial you are! TheWalkingGhost
also >2012 >demotivationals step it up
#66 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5239 posts) -

^ I got what you were referring to, but I had to think about it. Your message could be easily taken either way. As in the posters are fail, or the youtube video shows fail of humanity. Depends if you are profat, or profit.

mahlasor
Porfat or Profit? WTF? What would even lead you to say something like that?
#67 Posted by DavesAlt (965 posts) -
Get on his level, cheese,
#68 Posted by Novotine (1199 posts) -

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

Yes, food choice is huge in weight control, but there are dozens of other biological & social factors that put many at a disadvantage.

Not to mention if you grew up obese because of your parents, it becomes difficult to lose that weight. Its like debt. Once in its much harder to get out.

mingmao3046

typical fat person excuse. "oh its a thyroid issue" "oh its been in the family" just eat less food, and get some daily exercise in. calories in.....calories out.....it is that simple

Obesity clearly has a genetic component. After the discovery of an ob gene in mice, researchers found a similar gene in humans. Some individuals do inherit a tendency to be overweight, as only 10% of individuals who do not have obese parents become obese themselves, whereas 40% of children who have one obese parent become obese, and 70% of children who have two obese parents become obese.

Another factor in weight is set point, the weight maintained when the individual makes no effort to gain or lose weight. Fat is stored in fat cells, when these cells are filled, you do not get hungry. When people gain weight (because of genetic predisposition, childhood eating patterns, or adult overeating) the number of their fat cells increases, and they might not be able to rid of extra ones. A normal weight individual has 10 to 20 billion fat cells. An obese individual can have up to 100 billion fat cells. Consequently, the fat person has to eat more to feel satisfied.

#69 Posted by gamerguru100 (10574 posts) -
Obesity is definitely a choice/habit you can control. l4dak47
#70 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
You are the worst troll ever. And profat? How old are you? Step it up, at least try to be an amusing troll.TheWalkingGhost
Porfat or Profit? WTF? What would even lead you to say something like that? TheWalkingGhost
lol why did you read my post before his i used his term
Get on his level, cheese,DavesAlt
cheers dave
#71 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
Consequently, the fat person has to eat more to feel satisfied.Novotine
which means they are taking in more calories than they are burning woops
#73 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
i was merely making things less confusing although admittedly i liked the term and will refer to you as profat from now on
#75 Posted by Novotine (1199 posts) -

[QUOTE="Novotine"]Consequently, the fat person has to eat more to feel satisfied.cheese_game619
which means they are taking in more calories than they are burning woops

i'm not arguing that. I'm just simply stating that there ARE genetic components. The formula to weight loss is easy, but performing it for many people is an incredibly hard task. I actually only read the first post 3 or 4 posts of this thread and saw the TC isn't taking biological/psychological obesity issues into account, assuming it's soley an individuals choice. While you do chose to eat the food you eat, the environment you were brought up in and the way you were brought up clearly affects how easily an individual can lose and gain weight.

Pretty clear I wasn't arguing common knowledge. Woops.

#76 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
so you think being born to fatties giving you a higher chance of being a fatty yourself isnt common knowledge or maybe even common sense
#77 Posted by Novotine (1199 posts) -
TC doesn't ;-)
#78 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
Like I care. You were trolling plain and simple. Doesn't matter, I won't be feeding your trolling anymore.TheWalkingGhost
im not trolling, i just told you that you're wrong and you didnt like it then you just started complaining about the words i was using a familiar tactic in a losing argument
#79 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
TC doesn't ;-)Novotine
yes he does he just said people make excuses instead of changes
#80 Posted by tenaka2 (17032 posts) -

Makes me rage. Obesity is 100% a personal choice she should not be comparing herself to others who have issues they can't control.

mingmao3046

Wrong, there are genetic and environmental factors involved. Why do you rage? Do you hate overweight people that much?

#81 Posted by thebest31406 (3360 posts) -
Like who gives a sh!t? She's petty for responding to this idiot. TC is petty for reacting to her. ...and I'm an idiot for participating.
#82 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5239 posts) -

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"]
Makes me rage. Obesity is 100% a personal choice she should not be comparing herself to others who have issues they can't control.

tenaka2

Wrong, there are genetic and environmental factors involved. Why do you rage? Do you hate overweight people that much?

Read the thread over. Common sense and logic doesn't always apply in here. Not I said doesn't always.
#83 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
Wrong, there are genetic and environmental factors involved. Why do you rage? Do you hate overweight people that much?tenaka2
but is it IMPOSSIBLE for some people to lose weight? ill give you paralysed people but lets face it they arent really people
#84 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5239 posts) -
Like who gives a sh!t? She's petty for responding to this idiot. TC is petty for reacting to her. ...and I'm an idiot for participating. thebest31406
She does have a point about schools however.
#85 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Still kinda sad that a person spend there time writing an email to the woman telling here to loss weight.

#86 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23498 posts) -
wut that email wasn't even that mean she is fat it's easy to become not fat i was phat in middle school then when I just decided to not eat over the summer and move a bit normal weight ah ye 138 lbs at 5'10
#87 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -
She definitely should have just let it go, but it's too late now. What I find sad is that her being overweight angered this guy so much that he actually had to send her an email. I wasn't aware that in order to be a role model you had to be completely healthy. I just don't see why people get so butthurt when someone does something that has absolutely no affect on anyone else.
#88 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

Will this go viral?

#89 Posted by DharmaMember77 (2377 posts) -

wut that email wasn't even that mean she is fat it's easy to become not fat i was phat in middle school then when I just decided to not eat over the summer and move a bit normal weight ah ye 138 lbs at 5'10JigglyWiggly_

lol do you really think losing weight in middle school is just as difficult as somebody who is middle aged? You don't think growing or the fact that you have no responisbilities so you have more time to burn calories has nothing to do with why you lost so much weight?

#90 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -
fat cow should lose some weight.
#91 Posted by OrianaDorta (3112 posts) -

But just because she is fat doesn't mean she can't be a role model. I mean, are girls watching her and thinking "gee, I want to be overweight when I grow up."? I don't see how she is setting a bad example.

IdioticIcarus

My thoughts exactly.

And for TC: it's also a choice to be ignorant.

#92 Posted by sSubZerOo (43154 posts) -
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]wut that email wasn't even that mean she is fat it's easy to become not fat i was phat in middle school then when I just decided to not eat over the summer and move a bit normal weight ah ye 138 lbs at 5'10

Aww thats cute so when had nothing to do you went outside to play.. Not when you had a full time job where you worked anywhere from 40 to 60 hours.. Not that you had other responsibilities to deal with such as family, bills, obligations you couldn't avoid..
#93 Posted by MBirdy88 (8043 posts) -
Its fun to watch the back n fore debating. Fat statistics in the US and UK are reaching a whole time high, this is not a coincidence, this is because people are allowed to behave the way they want and "overly nice people" or "white knights" will defend them no end. I've had to listen to both my mom and my nan complain about how fat they are for... well since I can remember, neither of them do ANY exercise and are always on diets. and are always "too tired after working" to exercise. When you get to a certain weight it gets harder and harder. But the harsh reality here is THESE PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE DEFENDED. and she should certainly not of went on live television to defend herself, its not liberty or being proud of who you are, because she clearly isn't to take it so far to heart. Does this sound cold? yes. Why has everything got to be sugur coated crap ALL the time until the point where its ok not to try hard in life? I bet she doesn't exercise despite me "not knowing her" . He trolled her, brilliant. hes a dick correct. or just a weird person who thinks hes just helping (who knows, we dont know him either). But for her to go on live television and get mass support is beyond a joke, it gives out the wrong message just like the man did. She should of shrugged it off, if it felt personal either prove him wrong and sort her health out... or just, not care and move on. She is as bad as him.
#94 Posted by tenaka2 (17032 posts) -

But the harsh reality here is THESE PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE DEFENDED. MBirdy88

The real point here is that fat people shouldn't need to be defended. Being fat isn't a crime.

#95 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -

dercoo
excuses excuses
#96 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

But the harsh reality here is THESE PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE DEFENDED. tenaka2

The real point here is that fat people shouldn't need to be defended. Being fat isn't a crime.

yeah but it's disgusting
#97 Posted by sSubZerOo (43154 posts) -

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

But the harsh reality here is THESE PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE DEFENDED. tenaka2

Exactly its no one"s fvcking business, especially when it comes to this..
#98 Posted by tenaka2 (17032 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

But the harsh reality here is THESE PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE DEFENDED. Jandurin

yeah but it's disgusting

That is just an opinion, that varies with individuals. At what point does a person become disgusting? 1 pound over weight, 10lbs, 20lbs? But I think you are just joking with that comment anyway :P

#99 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -
Quick question, are any of the people here defending her overweight? just curious.
#100 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

yeah but it's disgusting

That is just an opinion, that varies with individuals. At what point does a person become disgusting? 1 pound over weight, 10lbs, 20lbs? But I think you are just joking with that comment anyway :P

obesity is as disgusting as whatever you call its underweight counterpart