Fastesttruck caught in a speed trap

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/index.php?user=fastesttruck So it appears that my old buddy fastesttruck has been banned. Am saddened. Not too long ago, he had his post count cut by a couple hundred thousand posts. He was an older user who lost his way from us. He posted in blue and had an f as his avatar. He was banned a few weeks ago, but like an old friend who we lost touch with we only found out by accident. Anyway, thoughts?
#2 Posted by JML897 (33128 posts) -
If anyone can say "I had my post count cut by a couple hundred thousand posts" then that means it's probably time for a break from Gamespot anyway
#3 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Haven't seen him post in ages. Sad to hear.

#4 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -
Honestly not suprised, was never a fan.
#5 Posted by megagene (23024 posts) -
Wow, really? I didn't know the guy too well (aside from his rep from having the highest post count), but I don't recall ever seeing him post anything really even moderation-worthy let alone ban-worthy.
#6 Posted by michael_1234576 (8620 posts) -
who?
#7 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58157 posts) -
A couple hundred thousand? Last time I saw, he only had 150k. What was his total in the end?
#8 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Wow, really? I didn't know the guy too well (aside from his rep from having the highest post count), but I don't recall ever seeing him post anything really even moderation-worthy let alone ban-worthy. megagene
Same. I always wondered how he got that post count since I rarely ever saw him post.

#9 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58157 posts) -

[QUOTE="megagene"]Wow, really? I didn't know the guy too well (aside from his rep from having the highest post count), but I don't recall ever seeing him post anything really even moderation-worthy let alone ban-worthy. Pirate700

Same. I always wondered how he got that post count since I rarely ever saw him post.

UCBs I think.
#10 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

Wow, really? I didn't know the guy too well (aside from his rep from having the highest post count), but I don't recall ever seeing him post anything really even moderation-worthy let alone ban-worthy. megagene
Dude used to frequent UCBs and union boards and literally reply to every single post on the board. Every. Single Post. To the point where on slower boards he would be 99% of the posts in a thread. 

So if he was in this thread, you'd now have 10 straight posts from him quoting everyone separately and just saying 'yes, indeed.'

He was a weird dude. 

#11 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -
Oh fastetest would actively make an effort to boost his post count by just replying to everything. He also set up a board where he would post gibberish to help him reach his goals. He had 236k back in march. Then he hit with a significant post decrease. Sometime in April he had 25k,
#12 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (48154 posts) -
A couple hundred thousand? Last time I saw, he only had 150k. What was his total in the end?SolidSnake35
Last time I saw his post count before it got dropped, it was a little over 240,500 posts. And I think I noticed this no earlier than 3-5 days before the count got dropped.
#13 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Oh fastetest would actively make an effort to boost his post count by just replying to everything. He also set up a board where he would post gibberish to help him reach his goals. He has 236k back in march. Then he hit with a significant post decrease. Sometime in April he had 25k, dave123321
If true, then deserves a banning.

#14 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58157 posts) -
Now we'll never know what one million posts look like.
#15 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (48154 posts) -

[QUOTE="megagene"]Wow, really? I didn't know the guy too well (aside from his rep from having the highest post count), but I don't recall ever seeing him post anything really even moderation-worthy let alone ban-worthy. Pirate700

Looks like now's a good time for me to whip out the link again. behold, his secret cheating post farming palace
#16 Posted by megagene (23024 posts) -
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="megagene"]Wow, really? I didn't know the guy too well (aside from his rep from having the highest post count), but I don't recall ever seeing him post anything really even moderation-worthy let alone ban-worthy. Toph_Girl250

Looks like now's a good time for me to whip out the link again. behold, his secret cheating post farming palace

:o *slowly backs out of thread*
#17 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -
Fastest was responsible for my letter D avatars. Will never forget.
#18 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="megagene"]Wow, really? I didn't know the guy too well (aside from his rep from having the highest post count), but I don't recall ever seeing him post anything really even moderation-worthy let alone ban-worthy. Toph_Girl250

That's...just sad.

#19 Posted by JML897 (33128 posts) -
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

wtf? Either he was using a bot or he has some sort of legitimate mental disorder
#20 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Heh, well...that was weird.

#21 Posted by Nude_Dude (5371 posts) -
You know you suck when gamespot itself tells you to go outside and get a life.
#22 Posted by JML897 (33128 posts) -
You know you suck when gamespot itself tells you to go outside and get a life. Nude_Dude
:lol:
#23 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151707 posts) -
Ooh that must hurt....post count meant a lot to him.
#24 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151707 posts) -
I think he was spamming the boards talking to himself to increase his post count.....least that's what I heard.
#25 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
When Gamespot tells you that it's time to take a break and go outside, you know it's gotten really bad.
#26 Posted by johnd13 (8473 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nude_Dude"]You know you suck when gamespot itself tells you to go outside and get a life. JML897
:lol:

#27 Posted by Horgen (110168 posts) -
He went from being an active poster and helpful to become completely obsessed with numbers...
#28 Posted by Horgen (110168 posts) -
[QUOTE="dave123321"]Oh fastetest would actively make an effort to boost his post count by just replying to everything. He also set up a board where he would post gibberish to help him reach his goals. He had 236k back in march. Then he hit with a significant post decrease. Sometime in April he had 25k,

From his spamming in the private UCB was known until he got banned he made about 50K posts or more I think... When they dropped it was down to less than 2000 posts
#29 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -

[QUOTE="megagene"]Wow, really? I didn't know the guy too well (aside from his rep from having the highest post count), but I don't recall ever seeing him post anything really even moderation-worthy let alone ban-worthy. Ninja-Hippo

Dude used to frequent UCBs and union boards and literally reply to every single post on the board. Every. Single Post. To the point where on slower boards he would be 99% of the posts in a thread. 

So if he was in this thread, you'd now have 10 straight posts from him quoting everyone separately and just saying 'yes, indeed.'

He was a weird dude. 

He died doing what he loved. I remember talks of him wanted to be a mod and saying he was qualified BECAUSE of his post count. :P
#30 Posted by MoldOnHold (11760 posts) -
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

LOL shameful
#31 Posted by CHOASXIII (14628 posts) -

#32 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

CHOASXIII

Exactly.

#33 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -

CHOASXIII
THE HELL
#34 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

R.I.P. Wish him all the best 

#35 Posted by Zuzuvela (2148 posts) -
Im guessing spamming posts on his UCB to improve his post count is the reason (he did it before and after his post count was cut for doing it)
#36 Posted by InEMplease (6354 posts) -

He flew too close to the sun.

#37 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -

kingkong0124
Me too
#38 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

dave123321
Me too

Did you consider him a friend?
#39 Posted by Horgen (110168 posts) -
Im guessing spamming posts on his UCB to improve his post count is the reason (he did it before and after his post count was cut for doing it)Zuzuvela
He has also been lowered with 10 levels in one go for doing it before.
#40 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -
[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kingkong0124
Me too

Did you consider him a friend?

Yeah. We talked often a while back. Then he drifted from OT and we fell out of touch. Friendly enough back then
#41 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24964 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Oh...dear.

#42 Posted by Horgen (110168 posts) -
[QUOTE="dave123321"] Yeah. We talked often a while back. Then he drifted from OT and we fell out of touch. Friendly enough back then

How long ago would that be?
#43 Posted by Canuck3000 (40562 posts) -
Can't say I care. I never talked to him. It's honestly probably for the best though.
#44 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -
[QUOTE="horgen123"][QUOTE="dave123321"] Yeah. We talked often a while back. Then he drifted from OT and we fell out of touch. Friendly enough back then

How long ago would that be?

few years back
#45 Posted by InEMplease (6354 posts) -

And be careful Mr. LJS, their sights are now on you...

#46 Posted by Horgen (110168 posts) -
[QUOTE="dave123321"] few years back

Must have stopped while he changed from a being somewhat of a nice poster to whatever you would call it at the end.
#47 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2910 posts) -
In my view of his "number" disease,is that somehow he forgot what makes a good forum poster ..... In my sight of doing this I mean post less,get to know more of things,his dream of becoming a mod comes to an end because large post counts cannot guarantee 100% of the time, influential and meaningful posts can do it,but he chose the other side,now it became a regret of his lifetime
#48 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Oh fastetest would actively make an effort to boost his post count by just replying to everything. He also set up a board where he would post gibberish to help him reach his goals. He has 236k back in march. Then he hit with a significant post decrease. Sometime in April he had 25k, Pirate700

If true, then deserves a banning.

If for no other reason then his own good.
#49 Posted by dude_brahmski (479 posts) -

Apparently, he was a really weird fvcking dude.

#50 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -
[QUOTE="horgen123"][QUOTE="dave123321"] few years back

Must have stopped while he changed from a being somewhat of a nice poster to whatever you would call it at the end.

I suppose. It was sad that my response to his getting his post count cut was amusement. Showed how much he fell