Evil Dead is getting a TV show. Prepare your anus.

#1 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16673 posts) -

Here is the story. The best part? Bruce Campbell is likely going to star in it.

I think this goes without saying, but boner set to slow rise.

So what hopes do you have for the series? What kind of series do you think it will be? Will there be an overall plot or just stand alone stories each week?

#2 Posted by KiIIyou (27139 posts) -

Sounds very messy

#3 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16673 posts) -

@KiIIyou: Messy in all the right ways.

#4 Edited by foxhound_fox (87658 posts) -

#5 Posted by gamerman1011 (73 posts) -

prepare my anus for what?

#6 Posted by Ackad (3158 posts) -

Why can't they leave classics alone?

#7 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16673 posts) -
#8 Posted by indzman (17231 posts) -

Oh my , is TC thinking to butt fvck us ?

*escapes*

#9 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14398 posts) -

@Ackad said:

Why can't they leave classics alone?

Well, if this does become reality, at least they have the talents of the film's creators, so there is that. I'll become more interested once a network is announced. Cable at the very least--or better yet, Netflix.

#10 Posted by KHAndAnime (13422 posts) -
#11 Posted by CyberLips (1815 posts) -

please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck....

#12 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16673 posts) -
#13 Posted by Qixote (10679 posts) -

Prepare your anus? That's what your boyfriend said.

#14 Posted by sukraj (22131 posts) -

prepare my anus for what?

for a good workout.

#15 Posted by The-Apostle (12170 posts) -

I'm hoping it goes to Netflix. :D

#16 Posted by blangenakker (2221 posts) -

There's goes the R rating.

#17 Edited by SolidSnake35 (58095 posts) -

I don't agree with anus jokes.

#18 Edited by Star0 (443 posts) -

Bruce Campbell is a sell-out. After the reboot sucked ass like I predicted it would, I don't want to see anything related to Evil Dead. The franchise was dead long before dawn.

#19 Posted by ChuRsiBilLa (96 posts) -

i can only see the prepare your anus part

#20 Posted by MrGeezer (56123 posts) -

@Star0 said:

Bruce Campbell is a sell-out. After the reboot sucked ass like I predicted it would, I don't want to see anything related to Evil Dead. The franchise was dead long before dawn.

To be honest, the franchise was always kind of shit. I realize that people like it, but I have a hard time seeing how people get so emotional about it. It's not exactly The Godfather. It's just entertaining shit, and always has been right from the start. Like, Campbell is a sell-out? Really? So what if his continued involvement is due to a desire for more money? Do you think that ANYONE involved in the first movie thought that it was going to be enlightening or transcendent? Were there any lessons they were hoping to teach, or anything meaningful to say, or anything to possibly benefit humanity? No, it was just a dumbass cheap horror movie. While there's nothing wrong with that, stop making the movie out to be something that it's not. It was just entertaining shit, and nothing more. If the people involved in actually making it think it's okay to shit all over it, then I'm not gonna disagree. Aside from "I guess that was a kind of entertaining 90 minutes", I literally don't see anything in that movie that is so valuable that it's worth getting angry over.

But hey, that's just me.

So let me ask you. What do YOU see in the first Evil Dead movie, and why is it so important that the people involved in making it don't sell out? Can you please explain to me what's so significant about The Evil Dead? Can you explain to me what's so sacred about it that it's worth getting angry about the creators ruining it? Because seriously, I'm not seeing it.

#21 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

@Star0 said:

To be honest, the franchise was always kind of shit. I realize that people like it, but I have a hard time seeing how people get so emotional about it. It's not exactly The Godfather. It's just entertaining shit, and always has been right from the start. Like, Campbell is a sell-out? Really? So what if his continued involvement is due to a desire for more money? Do you think that ANYONE involved in the first movie thought that it was going to be enlightening or transcendent? Were there any lessons they were hoping to teach, or anything meaningful to say, or anything to possibly benefit humanity? No, it was just a dumbass cheap horror movie. While there's nothing wrong with that, stop making the movie out to be something that it's not. It was just entertaining shit, and nothing more. If the people involved in actually making it think it's okay to shit all over it, then I'm not gonna disagree. Aside from "I guess that was a kind of entertaining 90 minutes", I literally don't see anything in that movie that is so valuable that it's worth getting angry over.

But hey, that's just me.

So let me ask you. What do YOU see in the first Evil Dead movie, and why is it so important that the people involved in making it don't sell out? Can you please explain to me what's so significant about The Evil Dead? Can you explain to me what's so sacred about it that it's worth getting angry about the creators ruining it? Because seriously, I'm not seeing it.

o_O Yeah sure..