This topic is locked from further discussion.

FakeMythology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By FakeMythology
Member since 2013 • 43 Posts

Ever wonder why we can't just agree that we all like video games? That somehow the things we like must be superior to others in some tiny way. Seriously as a early twenties gamer, I want to know why people think PC and Console people can't just get along in our mutual love of a good time.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Because some people can't afford all consoles so some feel the need to justify their purchasing decisions by making sure their consoles/PC is the best platform.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

If everyone agreed there would be no shit talk. Now that wouldn't be fun would it?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Because some people can't afford all consoles so some feel the need to justify their purchasing decisions by making sure their consoles/PC is the best platform.

This, and we are insecure basement dwellers living with our moms.

FakeMythology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FakeMythology

I get it that being reasonable might just be too much for us

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts
@Gaming-Planet said:

@Master_Live said:

This, and we are insecure basement dwellers living with our moms.

Ha! Speak for yourself. I was captain of the football team, banged the prom queen, drive a Lambo, joined the marines and killed 3 Taliban with a shoelace.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin: my hero!!!

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@dioskoro said:

Simply because that's the way human behavior works. We all strive for superiority. We have to deal with it.

The thing is...where one places their priorities is also pretty important. It's like if you're in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the world's largest Lego collection. I guess that's impressive since you're #1, but it's also sort of sad that you think that Lego is so important that it's worth devoting so much time and money towards.

I feel that way when I go onto gaming forums and see comments like, "consoles are shit. If you consolites don't care enough to get the best experience, then you ought to give up gaming."

And like, yeah...on one hand, good for you for working towards such a leet gaming experience. But on the other hand, if you think that games are THAT fucking important, that you need to either dedicate yourself to the best or get out of the hobby, then that's a very sad sign that something's lacking in your life. For you to obsess that much over what are just goddamn toys makes me pity you. I like games too, but I can't care that much about goddamn toys because I've got more important shit competing for my time and effort. Superiority is good, I guess. But equally important is choosing to become superior in the things that actually MATTER. This system wars mentality bullshit happens from the point of view of consumers, not creators. And when the creators of good games die, people will care because that person gave something of value to the rest of the world. No one gives a flying **** about how good you are at CONSUMING games, because that does jack shit for anyone other than that person. If your life achievements involved making something like Mario, then people will care when you're gone. If your life achievement consists of being really good at playing Mario games, no one is gonna give a flying ****. Basing your life's value around how you consume (as opposed to what you provide) is a sure recipe for being a man we'll soon forget. It's the digital equivalent of the rich old scrooge type character who gets rich and then dedicates his life to showing how rich he is. Instead of donating to education or cancer research, he tries to get respect by plating his entire house in diamonds and gold. And then he dies and no one gives a shit, because the first thing on their minds is, "what have you ever done for me?"

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

If everyone agreed there would hardly be any posts on this forum

FakeMythology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FakeMythology

Point taken, but the world of gaming would be a better place I am quite annoyed with little kids calling me a camping *** these days.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

I honestly don't care what other people buy.

PS4/PC is the most optimal combo like last gen.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

Camping is an excellent strategy. That's why my K/D ratio in Reach is positive; crouch-camo all day errday.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@Master_Live said:

I'll kiss this guy

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

enjoy video games, we'll be fine