Ever experienced ghosts or the paranormal?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by narlymech (937 posts) -

Anyone experienced with ghosts or the paranormal? I have a ghost in the apartment. He lives in the appliances and is always trying to scare me. So far he hasn't scared me enough to leave the apartment, but it's not for his lack of trying.

#2 Posted by michael_1234576 (8620 posts) -
Nope but I'd love to experience something!
#3 Posted by narlymech (937 posts) -
Nope but I'd love to experience something! michael_1234576
If you hung around my apartment you would. Things moving as if possessed, like the ceiling fan. Things turning off and on randomly. Strange voices and things that go bump in the night. Normal people would have probably moved by now.
#4 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -
Once, but I uh...was under the influence of something so I don't think that counts.
#5 Posted by Kurushio (10485 posts) -
My ceiling fan moves all the time lol. I've yet to experience anything paranormal but i do believe in it still. I've watched enough Supernatural that i think i could deal with a ghost (season 8 premieres tonight).
#6 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -
[QUOTE="michael_1234576"]Nope but I'd love to experience something! narlymech
If you hung around my apartment you would. Things moving as if possessed, like the ceiling fan. Things turning off and on randomly. Strange voices and things that go bump in the night. Normal people would have probably moved by now.

I try to not believe. Sometimes I do, I hear or see things. But, I don't believe in ghosts or paranormal stuff. I'm not saying you're lying or anything though.
#7 Posted by michael_1234576 (8620 posts) -
[QUOTE="narlymech"] If you hung around my apartment you would. Things moving as if possessed, like the ceiling fan. Things turning off and on randomly. Strange voices and things that go bump in the night. Normal people would have probably moved by now.

I had a friend that claimed her basement was hunted, sayed the night with her and didn't hear or see anything :sad:
#8 Posted by Laihendi (5828 posts) -
One time I thought I saw a ghost but it was actually just a light bulb.
#9 Posted by mattisgod01 (3476 posts) -

Are you trying to imply your toaster is sentient?

#10 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -
[QUOTE="michael_1234576"][QUOTE="narlymech"] If you hung around my apartment you would. Things moving as if possessed, like the ceiling fan. Things turning off and on randomly. Strange voices and things that go bump in the night. Normal people would have probably moved by now.

I had a friend that claimed her basement was hunted, sayed the night with her and didn't hear or see anything :sad:

Not surprised, usually when people claim their homes are haunted and someone goes with them, nothing happens.
#11 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10157 posts) -
One time I thought I saw a ghost but it was actually just a light bulb.Laihendi
please tell us more about this.sounds exciting.
#12 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]One time I thought I saw a ghost but it was actually just a light bulb.VaguelyTagged

He saw your avatar.
#13 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
Don't think so, but I don't really go looking for these kinds of things.
#14 Posted by narlymech (937 posts) -
[QUOTE="narlymech"] If you hung around my apartment you would. Things moving as if possessed, like the ceiling fan. Things turning off and on randomly. Strange voices and things that go bump in the night. Normal people would have probably moved by now.michael_1234576

So you had a ghost hunting sleepover? Sounds like fun.
#15 Posted by narlymech (937 posts) -
Don't think so, but I don't really go looking for these kinds of things.1PMrFister
Is it because you are scared or you don't believe in them?
#16 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10157 posts) -
[QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]One time I thought I saw a ghost but it was actually just a light bulb.DeadMan1290

He saw your avatar.

this one actually is a ghost not a light bulb.
#17 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -
[QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"] please tell us more about this.sounds exciting.

He saw your avatar.

I'm scared now.
#18 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10157 posts) -
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"] He saw your avatar.

I'm scared now.

just take my hand stare me in the eyes baby,i'm here for you.
#19 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -
[QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"] this one actually is a ghost not a light bulb.

I'm scared now.

Will you protect me?
#20 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10157 posts) -
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"] I'm scared now.

Will you protect me?

of course not.
#21 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -
[QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"] just take my hand stare me in the eyes baby,i'm here for you.

Will you protect me?

of course not.

:(
#22 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10157 posts) -
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"] Will you protect me?

of course not.

let's put an smile on that face.
#23 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -
[QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"] of course not.

Why so serious?
#24 Posted by konvikt_17 (22221 posts) -
#25 Posted by champion837 (1447 posts) -

The stuff in the movies, no. There are no such things as ghosts. I don't believe in stuff like ghosts, wizards, witchcraft, socerey etc, and in fact the Bible shuns stuff like witchcraft.

#26 Posted by Vatusus (4597 posts) -

I had a friend that claimed her basement was huntedmichael_1234576

How do ya hunt a basement? Chuck testa? :P

On topic: nah, I dont believe in ghosts and until I see one right in front of me I'll call bullsh1t to every ghost story I hear

#27 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10157 posts) -
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"] :(

Why so serious?

be cause..i love you.yes i said it.
#28 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -
[QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"] let's put an smile on that face.

Why so serious?

be cause..i love you.yes i said it.

:o
#30 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"] just take my hand stare me in the eyes baby,i'm here for you.VaguelyTagged
Will you protect me?

of course not.

I'm glad I read this exchange now.

Funny.

#31 Posted by narlymech (937 posts) -

The stuff in the movies, no. There are no such things as ghosts. I don't believe in stuff like ghosts, wizards, witchcraft, socerey etc, and in fact the Bible shuns stuff like witchcraft.

champion837
I'm including stuff like religious phenomenon when I mentioned paranormal. So, if youv'e experienced some of that feel free to mention it.
#32 Posted by MannyDelgado (1250 posts) -
No, because I'm not insane/retarded/both
#34 Posted by narlymech (937 posts) -
No, because I'm not insane/retarded/bothMannyDelgado
Until you've actually expererienced the paranormal, then you would believe it.
#35 Posted by Kurushio (10485 posts) -

champion837
There is a pretty big difference between ghosts and those other stuff. Im pretty sure there isnt any such thing as witches even if there are people that practice it.
#36 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5330 posts) -
How do you distinguish between natural phenomena you don't understand and "paranormal" activity?
#37 Posted by metroidfood (11173 posts) -

They don't exist, so no.

#38 Posted by sideskull (129 posts) -

yes. this one time i bought a box of lucky charms and there were no marshmallow peices. IM SERIOUS. WHAT KIND OF MONSTER WOULD DO SUCH A THING!!!??? long story short, i took it back to walmart. they didnt believe my story. Since that day i figured there is no god

#39 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

yeah i seen an apparition spinning around on a chair in my room. dead serious, i rubbed my eyes stood up from my bed, it was still there. i was skeptical until that happened. i put a blanket on my head and ran out my room. never seen anything else tho. one of the scariest moments of my life for sure.

#40 Posted by narlymech (937 posts) -
How do you distinguish between natural phenomena you don't understand and "paranormal" activity?PernicioEnigma
I guess it's paranormal if it defies rational explanation. Some of the things I'v experienced may actually be natural phenomena, but there's just no scientific explanation for it, so I call it ghosts.
#41 Posted by mattisgod01 (3476 posts) -

[QUOTE="MannyDelgado"]No, because I'm not insane/retarded/bothnarlymech
Until you've actually expererienced the paranormal, then you would believe it.

Scepticism would lead you to other conclusions. That cold breeze, The wind. Banging door, The wind. That Ghostly figure that murdered all those people.....The wind.

#42 Posted by CHOASXIII (14628 posts) -

No

#43 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12788 posts) -

champion837
The Bible mentions witchcraft because it confirms its existence.
#44 Posted by narlymech (937 posts) -
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="champion837"]

The Bible mentions witchcraft because it confirms its existence.

Good point.
#45 Posted by almasdeathchild (9517 posts) -

yeah actually

[spoiler] there was a message in my cheerios it said"ooooooo" was freaking creepy [/spoiler]

#46 Posted by Kurushio (10485 posts) -

yeah actually

[spoiler] there was a message in my cheerios it said"ooooooo" was freaking creepy [/spoiler]

almasdeathchild
Weird, I had some spaghettio's AND fruit loops say the same thing.
#47 Posted by konvikt_17 (22221 posts) -

yeah actually

almasdeathchild

oh i hear ya.

my alphabet soup said "asklfhasirgnaksdngaeorhgarnf"

you cant explain that sh!t.

#48 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12788 posts) -
How do you distinguish between natural phenomena you don't understand and "paranormal" activity?PernicioEnigma
I found paranormal a troubling term. The better term is 'supernatural'. The term 'supernatural' arose towards the end of the High Middle Ages, because as the beginnings of modern science started taking fruit, scholars needed to distinguish what came from the material world, and what came from the non-material world. Previous to Christianity, paganism and other forms of pantheism held that the spiritual/material world were one and the same. But from the 4th century, and culminating by the 13th century, Christian scholars held that the material world was one plane of existence, whereas the spiritual world was on another plane. The only confirmation of a spiritual plane of existence was from the testimony of Christian and Jewish scripture. Therefore, human wisdom by itself could only go so far (this is why Plato and Aristotle could never articulate the existence of a Creator, though they didn't exclude the possibility). Basically, either the spiritual world exists, or it doesn't. And if it does, of all the phenomena in our world, some phenomenon are categorically supernatural, while others are categorically natural. If a thing were to be supernatural we cannot measure it via natural means ever, because its origins come from outside our existence. That is why, for example, we cannot scientifically measure God. The most we can do is give witness testimony to supernatural phenomena, in the very same way the initial testimonies were given. Such things are matters of faith, and contrary to popular belief, entirely compatible with natural reason.
#50 Posted by Motokid6 (5442 posts) -

I dont want to believe in ghosts, but there like ufo's. So many encounters its hard to argue. If they do exist i like to think theres a physical, scientific explanation. When you die.. what happens to the person that was? Every molecule that made up your body still remains so what happens to the soul?

Maybe there are different realms that inhabbit the same plane where souls are stored or recycled. And sometimes these realms merge in areas. Things like this could explain hauntings. Despite the super natural rant i do not believe in that. Just the natural. The universe wastes nothing. And the nature of our universe is capable of things we cannot even imagine. I believe there is a greater "process" after death. A natural process.