deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

And please no cliche (insert religious belief here) responses.

Anyway, I used to think that oral sex just meant kissing. :/

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

That girls pee from their butthole

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

That if you try hard enough you can become anything you want.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17854 Posts

That professionals know what they are doing.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-598fc45371265

Well this thread is off to a depressing start.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Well, you took away a significant part of the fun from the get go. Someone saying: "God" followed by 3 to 4 quotes without comments followed by a butt-hurt religious dude saying something stupid and the ensuing hilariousness.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

my brothers told me the banana "strings" (or veins or whatever they are) are poisonous.

i peeled those off for years afterwards.

also, i never believed anything anyone ever told me after that for the rest of my life as evidenced by basically everything i have ever said here in ot.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

@Riverwolf007: Well that's one way to overreact...

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-598fc45371265

@Master_Live said:

Well, you took away a significant part of the fun from the get go. Someone saying: "God" followed by 3 to 4 quotes without comments followed by a butt-hurt religious dude saying something stupid and the ensuing hilariousness.

and then a thread-lock

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Master_Live

@Storm_Marine said:

@Master_Live said:

and then a thread-lock

Doubtful since "God" would be a legitimate answer to the thread topic. Any "making fun" would just be par for the course in OT.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Master_Live

Anyways, I'm totally drawing a blank.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#13 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Can't really think of anything funny but I'll be sure to update my post if I do. Only thing I remember is believing my parents when they taught me all black people were violent thieves and that gay was a disease and that you could catch it just by standing close to a gay person. My parents sucked...

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

That during sex the penis simply touches the vagina instead of penetrating...

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

I was pretty cluey as a kid, so nothing I can really think of.

The only thing that comes to mind is that I used to think that it rained everywhere at the same time (sun showers showed that wasn't quite the case when you walk a few meters to the left or right...).

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

"Cheaters never prosper"

"Crime doesn't pay"

They're both bullshit.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I used to believe people were generally good. Now I see humanity for what it is; a shit stain blight that will kill itself off.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

That people telling me god was real had evidence and were telling me the truth. Quickly got myself past that one, glad I did early as who the **** knows how I might have turned out other wise.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38668 Posts

i assumed color was invented in like the 1950s because most movies and tv from before then was black and white. i just assumed that the whole world was black and white

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18791 Posts

@korvus: "Only thing I remember is believing my parents when they taught me all black people were violent thieves and that gay was a disease and that you could catch it just by standing close to a gay person. My parents sucked..."

Were your parents old?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@PSP107: They were 37 when I was born. I have a sister who's 14 years older than me.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I thought the emergency brake lever in cars ejected the car seats up out the cars.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

My sister wasn't a total bitch

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#25 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58824 Posts

That Woman had no genitalia. Probably the case for alot of male kids I imagine.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44535 Posts

That I invented masturbation, that I was deviously perverted for doing it, and I was going to go to Hell for it. Just basic Catholic shame stuff.

That all drugs were equally bad. They basically used to just show us videos of unstable people on PCP and are like "that's all drugs". They never truly explored the various realities regarding various drugs, from marijuana, to LSD or mushrooms, ecstasy, to the more harmful drugs like cocaine, speed, meth, PCP, heroin.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

that my sister couldnt grow hair under her armpits.

@themajormayor said:

@Aljosa23 said:

with the exception of being president, i would say this is true.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I used to believe that most people are stupid.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44535 Posts

I've heard from several people over the years they used to think Asian girls had slanted vaginas... I have no idea where they'd come to think that.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MrGeezer

@br0kenrabbit said:

That reminds me of this one time when I saw a doctor eating. Then I asked, "hey doc, what are you doing?" Then he just looked at me like I was a total idiot and replied, "what does it look like I'm doing? I'm eating my lunch."

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Telekill said:

I used to believe people were generally good. Now I see humanity for what it is; a shit stain blight that will kill itself off.

Wow so deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@gago-gago said:

I thought the emergency brake lever in cars ejected the car seats up out the cars.

That's cute =D

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MrGeezer

@Telekill said:

This coming from someone who DEFINITELY has internet access, and probably doesn't have to worry too much about starving, freezing, being murdered, or being killed by wild animals.

Point being, FOR THE MOST PART, modern life is pretty freaking sweet for people in MOST PLACES. Yes, there are definitely exceptions and there are certainly still atrocities going on. But the fact that so many poor people are experiencing an OBESITY EPIDEMIC rather than flat out starving ought to tell you something. The days of conquering and raping and pillaging are FOR THE MOST PART gone (for now). The days of slavery are FOR THE MOST PART gone (for now). The days when being poor meant a very good chance that you and your entire family will starve to death come winter because the governments have a "**** that" stance towards providing assistance to the needy are FOR THE MOST PART gone (for now). Hell, the days when open and honest criticism of our governments and leaders and established institutions would get you and your family tortured or exiled or murdered are FOR THE MOST PART gone (for now).

That isn't to say that all of these problems don't still exist on some level. But compare to how things have been throughout much of human history, and a lot of things really have gotten a LOT fucking better. The very fact that we can complain about this shit without worrying about being killed or exiled or tortured or imprisoned or forced to fight to the death in arenas for other people's amusement ought to indicate that things have progressed a lot. And people have actually given their lives in order for that progress to happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that humanity is all sunshine and roses. But look at recent tragedies, like 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, or the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that killed some 230,000 people. A lot of incidents such as these create massive chaos, disrupt law enforcement, and make it REALLY freaking easy to get away with murder. We're talking about the kinds of apocalyptic shit that happens in movies right before all the characters go straight to murdering and eating each other. But in real life? More often than not, People TRY TO HELP. Or at the very least, don't actively try to hurt by preying on the weak. Humanity has problems, but if we were just a "shit stain blight" then we've had PLENTY of opportunities to kill ourselves and instead chosen to help each other out.

And here's the point where I mention that we often see in others what we see in ourselves. Like, suppose I have major trust issues and constantly think that all of my girlfriends are gonna cheat on me at any available opportunity. That MIGHT be because fate has been really mean to me, and everyone I ever loved was an unfaithful cheating witch. Or MAYBE it's because I'm simply applying "it's what I would do." As in, I'm not terribly worried about being brutally murdered in broad daylight in a crowded place. Why? Because IF I were gonna brutally murder someone, it probably wouldn't be in broad daylight in front of a crowd of onlookers. Since I am probably not very special, MOST people (even the people who don't mind murdering the shit out of someone) PROBABLY won't murder the shit out of someone in those conditions. Similarly, even if I really DID have the opportunity to murder someone and get away with it, I still swouldn't do it. Operating under the principle that I am not special, I'd expect MOST people to NOT murder another person even if they had the opportunity to get away with it. And that's sort of how reality plays out. I've been in a shitload of situations where I could have murdered or been murdered, but the fact remains that MOST PEOPLE aren't gonna murder a dude (even if they can get away with it) because most people really don't want to murder someone. Which brings me to my point...if you just assume that you're gonna be murdered any time someone has the opportunity, then you're sort of making an assumption about humanity. That that's how humans act. So...either you think you're special, that "people" would totally do that but you're somehow better than most people, or you're saying that that's what most people would do because you'd do the same. So that's my real question here. WHY do you consider humanity to be a "shit stain"? Do you think that you're NOT a shit stain, that you're somehow better than the rest of humanity? Or are you assuming that humanity is a shit stain because that's how you see yourself? And that's not a rhetorical question, I'd really be interested in you thinking about that and actually giving an honest answer. No judgement, I'd just really like to know. Is your low opinion of humanity based on a belief in your own superiority or is it based on a total lack of belief in your own self-worth?

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I used to think that something was seriously wrong with me masturbating. Nothing religious, just that it was some weird disorder or something.

I thought girls peed out their butts. I imagine many boys think this for obvious reasons.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I don't think there was a single soul in my elementary school that believed girls had penises inside of their vaginas and that it was only used to pee.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

I can't believe I missed such gem thread. Korvus you should stickey this thread for a while!

@MrGeezer said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

That reminds me of this one time when I saw a doctor eating. Then I asked, "hey doc, what are you doing?" Then he just looked at me like I was a total idiot and replied, "what does it look like I'm doing? I'm eating my lunch."

I shed tears with laughter when I read this. Seriously, it kept me on for ten minutes, so hard that I strained some muscles in my stomach. God only knows I hadn't laughed like this in ages. Just visualizing the doc's face...

@korvus said:

Can't really think of anything funny but I'll be sure to update my post if I do. Only thing I remember is believing my parents when they taught me all black people were violent thieves and that gay was a disease and that you could catch it just by standing close to a gay person. My parents sucked...

lol at this one too. (korvus do you remember the Asian dude several months back, in a trench coat with nothing underneath it, who asked you if you were interested in sex tape, while you wre walking down the street ?! )

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@elkoldo: What are ya buyin'?

Loading Video...

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@MrGeezer: You make valid points that as a whole, humanity is better now than we used to be. You mentioned that we have technology and have it easy while others in third world countries still starve. We still have a long fucking way to go.

I work with a police station and the shit I see every day, every fucking day, shows me that here in America at least, we're heading for another war. My guess is a second civil war. On a smaller level, people don't give a shit about each other. They are self absorbed, relatively stupid and entitled. Our government promotes stupidity because they don't want a second revolutionary war. Dependant people generally don't bite the hand that feeds.

Do I consider myself better than others? A good percentage, yes. There are people better than me though. We have the means to ensure everyone eats. We have the means to help others in need. For the most part, people don't even bother to stop and ask if people are ok if they come up to a car accident. Then you go even more mundane to forums like these and what do I see from a group that should be friends? I see hate. A group of people with a hobby in common and they fucking hate on each other. That right there is just part of the problem.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

I used to believe that most people are stupid.

I still believe that actually.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

That my mom was tall but no she is only 1.65 xD so now i am towering over her... *sigh* life is funny...

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

I used to believe sharks and catching fire would be a more common hazard in my life.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38668 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@Telekill said:

This coming from someone who DEFINITELY has internet access, and probably doesn't have to worry too much about starving, freezing, being murdered, or being killed by wild animals.

Point being, FOR THE MOST PART, modern life is pretty freaking sweet for people in MOST PLACES. Yes, there are definitely exceptions and there are certainly still atrocities going on. But the fact that so many poor people are experiencing an OBESITY EPIDEMIC rather than flat out starving ought to tell you something. The days of conquering and raping and pillaging are FOR THE MOST PART gone (for now). The days of slavery are FOR THE MOST PART gone (for now). The days when being poor meant a very good chance that you and your entire family will starve to death come winter because the governments have a "**** that" stance towards providing assistance to the needy are FOR THE MOST PART gone (for now). Hell, the days when open and honest criticism of our governments and leaders and established institutions would get you and your family tortured or exiled or murdered are FOR THE MOST PART gone (for now).

That isn't to say that all of these problems don't still exist on some level. But compare to how things have been throughout much of human history, and a lot of things really have gotten a LOT fucking better. The very fact that we can complain about this shit without worrying about being killed or exiled or tortured or imprisoned or forced to fight to the death in arenas for other people's amusement ought to indicate that things have progressed a lot. And people have actually given their lives in order for that progress to happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that humanity is all sunshine and roses. But look at recent tragedies, like 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, or the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that killed some 230,000 people. A lot of incidents such as these create massive chaos, disrupt law enforcement, and make it REALLY freaking easy to get away with murder. We're talking about the kinds of apocalyptic shit that happens in movies right before all the characters go straight to murdering and eating each other. But in real life? More often than not, People TRY TO HELP. Or at the very least, don't actively try to hurt by preying on the weak. Humanity has problems, but if we were just a "shit stain blight" then we've had PLENTY of opportunities to kill ourselves and instead chosen to help each other out.

And here's the point where I mention that we often see in others what we see in ourselves. Like, suppose I have major trust issues and constantly think that all of my girlfriends are gonna cheat on me at any available opportunity. That MIGHT be because fate has been really mean to me, and everyone I ever loved was an unfaithful cheating witch. Or MAYBE it's because I'm simply applying "it's what I would do." As in, I'm not terribly worried about being brutally murdered in broad daylight in a crowded place. Why? Because IF I were gonna brutally murder someone, it probably wouldn't be in broad daylight in front of a crowd of onlookers. Since I am probably not very special, MOST people (even the people who don't mind murdering the shit out of someone) PROBABLY won't murder the shit out of someone in those conditions. Similarly, even if I really DID have the opportunity to murder someone and get away with it, I still swouldn't do it. Operating under the principle that I am not special, I'd expect MOST people to NOT murder another person even if they had the opportunity to get away with it. And that's sort of how reality plays out. I've been in a shitload of situations where I could have murdered or been murdered, but the fact remains that MOST PEOPLE aren't gonna murder a dude (even if they can get away with it) because most people really don't want to murder someone. Which brings me to my point...if you just assume that you're gonna be murdered any time someone has the opportunity, then you're sort of making an assumption about humanity. That that's how humans act. So...either you think you're special, that "people" would totally do that but you're somehow better than most people, or you're saying that that's what most people would do because you'd do the same. So that's my real question here. WHY do you consider humanity to be a "shit stain"? Do you think that you're NOT a shit stain, that you're somehow better than the rest of humanity? Or are you assuming that humanity is a shit stain because that's how you see yourself? And that's not a rhetorical question, I'd really be interested in you thinking about that and actually giving an honest answer. No judgement, I'd just really like to know. Is your low opinion of humanity based on a belief in your own superiority or is it based on a total lack of belief in your own self-worth?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PSP107

@korvus:

When were born?

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@Storm_Marine said:

Well this thread is off to a depressing start.

No kidding

Anyway, when i was really young, I thought pregnancy was caused by the marriage kiss.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@PSP107 said:

@korvus:

When were born?

You mean my parents or myself? My parents were born in 46 and I was born in 85.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PSP107

@korvus:

Then they were about 39 when they had you.

But the point I was getting at is that your parents grew upup in the 50's/60's where bigotry was very high.

White America were clueless(Still are) in those times of how others really are.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@-Blasphemy- said:

that my sister couldnt grow hair under her armpits.

@themajormayor said:

@Aljosa23 said:

with the exception of being president, i would say this is true.

I would say it depends on what industry you're in. Some industries require a whole lotta luck while others require just a tiny bit of it. My point? Hard work alone doesn't always get it done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@PSP107: I'm Portuguese but the same applies...black and gay people still need to deal with a lot of prejudice there.