• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

The long fasting is finally over and festivity is in order. I'd like to take this opportunity to send a prayer to every fellow Muslim wherever he may dwell, and in these dark times, a special prayer goes to our brethren in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Egypt, Libya and Burma; may God be with you. We will rise again and be champions.

It is expected that the usual fuckwits will try and turn this into a shitshow. Should the mods fail to do their job, I urge Muslim OTers not to be imbeciles and partake in the lawlessness, effectively shooting themselves in the foot. I ask the same of decent gentiles.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GazaAli

Personally, I'm planning to give myself an overabundance of me time the next few days. I already bought a shit load of munchies, and downloaded too many movies and animes. I'd also like to do some leisure reading for a change.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

This will go well.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

Are you allowed to say what you fasted for? Also, what kind of stuff did you have to give up for this fast? Is it like the Catholic one where you choose, or is it a set thing?

Congrats on accomplishing it.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Eid Mubarak to you, Gaza. (Whatever that may mean :P)

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

Eid Mubarak to thee

I'll be studying this Eid.... yes, nerdgasms=bestgasms

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GazaAli

@themajormayor said:

This will go well.

No mazel tov? :3

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GazaAli
@byof_america said:

Are you allowed to say what you fasted for? Also, what kind of stuff did you have to give up for this fast? Is it like the Catholic one where you choose, or is it a set thing?

We fast every year from dawn to dusk during the holy month of Ramadan. The fasting includes abstinence from foods and drinks during that stipulated period, in addition to sexual intercourse. Worship in general is encouraged during the month, with a few special prayers reserved for it.

We do it as a worship to God, but that doesn't mean it serves no purpose. Fasting is good for the body, and it reminds us of the value of the comforts we often take for granted. It also helps us empathize with the less fortunate, of whom we take exceptional care in Ramadan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#9  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Even though I don't pretend to know what the occasion is, well done on a (I assume) successful fasting and I hope you and our fellow Muslim users enjoy the festivities. I echo the request to please not turn this into another hate thread...I know my presence in the forums have been scarce as of late but I'll try to keep an eye on this thread and will do my best to remove hateful comments (from both sides).

EDIT: Gaza explained it while I was typing this, so ignore the first part of my post =)

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GazaAli

@deeliman said:

Eid literally translates to festivity, but in this context we use it to refer to Eid Al-Fitr, one of the two major Islamic religious holidays. Mubarak literally means "blessed", but its meaning in the context is less dramatic; it just means happy Eid.

And thanks :]

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GazaAli
@gwynnblade said:

Eid Mubarak to thee

I seriously doubt studying translates into a nerdgasm; more like a nerdfart.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gwynnblade

@GazaAli said:
@gwynnblade said:

Eid Mubarak to thee

I seriously doubt studying translates into a nerdgasm; more like a nerdfart.

Plebians can't understand the power of 'studying'. You go watch your girly animu like the 12 year old girl you are barbie boy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Eid Mubarak Gaza. :). And Eid Mubarak to all my fellow OTers.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23900 Posts

Eid Mubarak, muslims of OT.

Congrats on a successful fasting, and enjoy the upcoming festives :)

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@GazaAli said:

The long fasting is finally over and festivity is in order. I'd like to take this opportunity to send a prayer to every fellow Muslim wherever he may dwell, and in these dark times, a special prayer goes to our brethren in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Egypt, Libya and Burma; may God be with you. We will rise again and be champions.

It is expected that the usual fuckwits will try and turn this into a shitshow. Should the mods fail to do their job, I urge Muslim OTers not to be imbeciles and partake in the lawlessness, effectively shooting themselves in the foot. I ask the same of decent gentiles.

aww come on, i can't tease you even a little bit?

what if i say in a show of solidarity i have been fasting for decades from around one a.m. to around 7:30 a.m.?

is that too far?

do we really have to be all super cereal about this?

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gwynnblade

@Riverwolf007 said:

what if i say in a show of solidarity i have been fasting for decades from around one a.m. to around 7:30 a.m.?

is that too far?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@gwynnblade said:
@Riverwolf007 said:

is that too far?

you are so unimaginative.

how does me making a minor joke to some guy i joke around with all the time amount to butt hurt?

and all you do is rely on memes for this stuff.

here i was happy you are having a nice little holiday but still wanting to tease gaza and you want to go all butt sex about it.

please stop thinking about my butt on this happy holiday, i don't think it fits in with the spirit.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gwynnblade

@Riverwolf007 said:

how does me making a minor joke to some guy i joke around with all the time amount to butt hurt?

here i was happy you are having a nice little holiday but still wanting to tease gaza and you want to go all butt sex about it.

please stop thinking about my butt on this happy holiday, i don't think it fits in with the spirit.

Love you man. This thread is too peaceful. BRING ON THE FLAMES! and get modded....and banned.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

@korvus said:

Even though I don't pretend to know what the occasion is, well done on a (I assume) successful fasting and I hope you and our fellow Muslim users enjoy the festivities. I echo the request to please not turn this into another hate thread...I know my presence in the forums have been scarce as of late but I'll try to keep an eye on this thread and will do my best to remove hateful comments (from both sides).

EDIT: Gaza explained it while I was typing this, so ignore the first part of my post =)

There shouldn't be any hate threads, period. Yet, there seems to be quite a few, which is strange considering there are loads of mods here.

But that's a topic for another thread. Eid Mubarak, folks.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@GazaAli said:
@byof_america said:

We fast every year from dawn to dusk during the holy month of Ramadan. The fasting includes abstinence from foods and drinks during that stipulated period, in addition to sexual intercourse. Worship in general is encouraged during the month, with a few special prayers reserved for it.

We do it as a worship to God, but that doesn't mean it serves no purpose. Fasting is good for the body, and it reminds us of the value of the comforts we often take for granted. It also helps us empathize with the less fortunate, of whom we take exceptional care in Ramadan.

Damn! That's so much more hardcore than Lent. People around here just eat a bunch of fish and treat themselves to Red Lobster.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@GazaAli said:
@deeliman said:

Eid literally translates to festivity, but in this context we use it to refer to Eid Al-Fitr, one of the two major Islamic religious holidays. Mubarak literally means "blessed", but its meaning in the context is less dramatic; it just means happy Eid.

And thanks :]

Interesting stuff. Must be pretty hard to not drink all day when you live in such a warm place. Or maybe you're just used to it since you've lived there all your life ^^

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

Well I guess I'll stop in here and say congratulations.

However, definitely not in here for any hatred. I say there's a difference between hatred and differing opinions, and my differing opinion says I ain't no fan of fasting. :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

@gwynnblade said:
@Riverwolf007 said:

Love you man. This thread is too peaceful. BRING ON THE FLAMES! and get modded....and banned.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@thebest31406 said:
@korvus said:

There shouldn't be any hate threads, period. Yet, there seems to be quite a few, which is strange considering there are loads of mods here.

Posting dislike for something isn't hate speech.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Eid Mubarak to you Muslim OTers! Munchies and anime sounds good... maybe I'll follow suit these next few days :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Eid Mubarak to you Gaza and your fellow muslims. I have no problem being courteous and respectful to my fellow human beings.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

@airshocker said:
@thebest31406 said:
@korvus said:

Posting dislike for something isn't hate speech.

Doctor, please. I know it's hard but if you could just refrain from using the strawman...

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

Eid Mubarak.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b797108c254e

Ok, someone already got banned for their behaviour in this thread...the comments were deleted; can we cool it now?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Happy Eid to all you muslims

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@Iszdope said:

Gazoontite.

lol

kalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kalloo
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

Eid Mubarak guys. Hope it's a safe/good one for y'all. Personally I'm looking forward to the endless supply of donuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@kalloo said:

Eid Mubarak guys. Hope it's a safe/good one for y'all. Personally I'm looking forward to the endless supply of donuts

Great, now I want donuts =/

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Well Eid is tomorrow here at Bangladesh. So again Eid Mubarak to OT. Will not get to enjoy the holiday though cause I got sick. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@thebest31406 said:

Doctor, please. I know it's hard but if you could just refrain from using the strawman...

You're one to talk. You're using a strawman right now to avoid dealing with your issue of perceiving every criticism as hate.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
@GazaAli said:

Who will rise again and what will they be champions of? That sounds eerily similar to "the south will rise again!"

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

It's like the muslim version of Christmas yeah?

Happy to Eid Mubarak to you guys.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MlauTheDaft

@Iszdope: Clearly I'm not called MlauTheInsightful.

To be more precise, it's one of the largest and most culturually important muslim holidays, yes? I'm not trying to start any shit here.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MlauTheDaft

@Iszdope: Whatever. Eid Mubarak to you too.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MlauTheDaft

@Iszdope: I'm already thankfull that the kids will now stop playing outside half the night :) I'M supposed to be the noisy night dweller!!

Also, I did not mean to cause any offense. It's just that I'm an atheist and am rather ignorant about religeous dogma, since it does not apply to me.

They're setting up a mobile amusement park around here so I expect the local mood to be high tonight :)