Editing in Audacity 1.3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mjinhubgyvftcdr
mjinhubgyvftcdr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 mjinhubgyvftcdr
Member since 2006 • 171 Posts

So my buddy and i have a podcast which we record on skype, using Call Graph and from there i move the file to Audacity to edit it, but listening to it i've noticed that his voice only comes out of the right head phone and mine only comes out of the left, so I was wondering if there is a way to make both our voices come out of both headphones. Thanks

KittenNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KittenNipples
Member since 2007 • 3013 Posts
What ever audio track you have your voice in just change the balance. Or after you are finished you can change the audio balance for the whole thing.
mjinhubgyvftcdr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mjinhubgyvftcdr

What ever audio track you have your voice in just change the balance. Or after you are finished you can change the audio balance for the whole thing.KittenNipples

Both voices are in the same audio track but there are two sub tracks inside it, i can't find how to change the balance if you could help me. Thanks

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

So my buddy and i have a podcast which we record on skype, using Call Graph and from there i move the file to Audacity to edit it, but listening to it i've noticed that his voice only comes out of the right head phone and mine only comes out of the left, so I was wondering if there is a way to make both our voices come out of both headphones. Thanks

mjinhubgyvftcdr
Callgraph separates each channel into left and right, according to their website. Says you can roll it stereo. In Audacity, at the far left where the track's name is, there should be a downward arrow dropdown. Click split stereo track. Then, make both of them mono. Now both come out of both speakers. Hooray!
mjinhubgyvftcdr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mjinhubgyvftcdr

[QUOTE="mjinhubgyvftcdr"]

Lockedge

Callgraph separates each channel into left and right, according to their website. Says you can roll it stereo. In Audacity, at the far left where the track's name is, there should be a downward arrow dropdown. Click split stereo track. Then, make both of them mono. Now both come out of both speakers. Hooray!

Thank you