Economic Mobility Limited in the UK

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

I stumbled upon a Youtube video in which the issue of limited economic mobility in the UK is discussed. Apparently, it's very limited in the UK, because people from poorer communities and families lack the resources and connections to obtain enrollment in the best schools, or internships and jobs in prestigious career fields. For example, in order to obtain an internship at a particular law firm, one must know someone who works at said law firm, and people from poor backgrounds often do not know such people. In fact, there is a phenomenon in which people who work in prestigious career fields will offer to have the child of someone who works in another prestigious career field intern at their work place in exchange for their child interning at the other's work place. Anyhow, the link to the video is below.

Link.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Bump.

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
Not true at all.
osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

Communism would give everyone the ability to go to school. The Uk must choose a fair system where people matter and not money.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Communism would give everyone the ability to go to school. The Uk must choose a fair system where people matter and not money.

osirisx3
Communism is really nice on paper, but it doesn't work in reality, because people are greedy *ssholes.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Not true at all.Englandfc1966
Thanks for clearing that up.
osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 osirisx3

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

deeliman

Communism is really nice on paper, but it doesn't work in reality, because people are greedy *ssholes.

since you said the most common cookie cutter reply i can guess you don't even know what communism is.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
Economic mobility is limited in seemingly every Western nation these days. It seems that the only ones who are being given the oppurtunities to advance their economic status is the illegitimate non-citizens who never get deported.
deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

[QUOTE="deeliman"][QUOTE="osirisx3"]

osirisx3

since you said the most common cookie cutter reply i can guess you don't even know what communism is.

I know what communism is, the idea of a classless and stateless society where everyone is equel. It's just not viable, it has not ever worked and will never work, even though it is 100 times better than capitalism on paper.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

osirisx3

Its funny that you say that, since Marx believed there is no such a thing as "adopting communism". He rather believed that it will come naturally by its own well once the proletariat become aware of their self-alienation and state of misery and slavery under the capitalist system.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

[QUOTE="deeliman"] Communism is really nice on paper, but it doesn't work in reality, because people are greedy *ssholes.deeliman

I know what communism is, the idea of a classless and stateless society where everyone is equel. It's just not viable, it has not ever worked and will never work, even though it is 100 times better than capitalism on paper.

You do realize he is a major chinese nationalist and thinks everybody should copy China's perfect system (In his mind). I am perfectly fine with Regulated Capitalism, there is a reason Communism is a dying ideology and even China is dumping it. Some people are just slow to accept it.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheWalkingGhost
Economic mobility is limited in seemingly every Western nation these days. It seems that the only ones who are being given the oppurtunities to advance their economic status is the illegitimate non-citizens who never get deported.TruthTellers
Umm....No. People are only limited in America by their own laziness.
osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 osirisx3

TheWalkingGhost

You do realize he is a major chinese nationalist and thinks everybody should copy China's perfect system (In his mind). I am perfectly fine with Regulated Capitalism, there is a reason Communism is a dying ideology and even China is dumping it. Some people are just slow to accept it.

Yes i am a chinese nationalist that has a picture of the dear leader as his sig haha.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23048 Posts
[QUOTE="TruthTellers"]Economic mobility is limited in seemingly every Western nation these days. It seems that the only ones who are being given the oppurtunities to advance their economic status is the illegitimate non-citizens who never get deported.TheWalkingGhost

We can discuss the variables surrounding economic mobility and the desirability of their effects, but to state that laziness is the only factor effecting economic mobility in the US is patently false.
EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts
[QUOTE="TruthTellers"]Economic mobility is limited in seemingly every Western nation these days. It seems that the only ones who are being given the oppurtunities to advance their economic status is the illegitimate non-citizens who never get deported.TheWalkingGhost

Well that's untrue as is the tc points
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheWalkingGhost

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="deeliman"] I know what communism is, the idea of a classless and stateless society where everyone is equel. It's just not viable, it has not ever worked and will never work, even though it is 100 times better than capitalism on paper.osirisx3

Yes i am a chinese nationalist that has a picture of the dear leader as his sig haha.

You are such a fake. :lol: Yeah, you are not a nationalist that constantly praises China and everything about it. Yeah, no nationalism there. :lol:
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="TruthTellers"]Economic mobility is limited in seemingly every Western nation these days. It seems that the only ones who are being given the oppurtunities to advance their economic status is the illegitimate non-citizens who never get deported.mattbbpl

We can discuss the variables surrounding economic mobility and the desirability of their effects, but to state that laziness is the only factor effecting economic mobility in the US is patently false.

You speak the truth. The rich more often then not come from rich families with connections to other rich families. Even obtaining a bachelors degree is almost meaningless anymore, unless in specialized degrees. Getting a job that pumps you into the wealthy category of society is extremely difficult no matter how hard you try. The poor classes can't afford to obtain the internships, degrees, and connections needed to obtain a top tier job. While it's possible to come from a poor segment of society and move into the wealthy classes, it is much more rare. And this is true for most western countries.
CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts
[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

deeliman

Just like capitalism it looks neat on an written paper but the truth is far from that. Because in capitalism the poor get poorer.