Ebola- Who the hell is approving this?

• 75 results
#1 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

Who is letting this people in? The UK just let a so called 'British citizen' in. What I want to know is who is approving these infected people to be jetted into these countries? Who is letting these people in? In all new articles it just says they are coming WELL WHO MAKES THE DECISION!?

#2 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26733 posts) -

...no idea, but hey, how about you go to most heavily infected areas in Africa and find out for us from there...

#3 Edited by lostrib (44041 posts) -

They're not just letting them roam free in the country

#4 Edited by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

@lostrib: Only under level 2 quarantine Ebola needs to be under level 4. This is unprecedented allowing someone with one of the most dangerous diseases in history into a country? What is going on?

#5 Edited by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

@lostrib: Only under level 2 quarantine Ebola needs to be under level 4. This is unprecedented allowing someone with one of the most dangerous diseases in history into a country? What is going on?

source?

#6 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosafety_level

#7 Edited by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

I know what a Biosafety level is. I used to work in a BSL 2 lab as an undergrad. Ebola is a BSL4

#8 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

, Ebola virus, Lassa virus, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, and various other hemorrhagicdiseases. This level is also used for work with agents such as smallpox that are considered dangerous enough to require the additional safety measures, regardless of vaccination availability. When dealing with biological hazards at this level the use of a positive pressure personnel suit, with a segregated air supply is mandatory. The entrance and exit of a level four biolab will contain multiple showers, a vacuum room, an ultraviolet light room, and other safety precautions designed to destroy all traces of the biohazard.Multiple airlocks are employed and are electronically secured to prevent both doors from opening at the same time. All air and water service going to and coming from a biosafety level 4 (or P4) lab will undergo similar decontamination procedures to eliminate the possibility of an accidental release.

None of this is happening.

#9 Edited by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

, Ebola virus, Lassa virus, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, and various other hemorrhagicdiseases. This level is also used for work with agents such as smallpox that are considered dangerous enough to require the additional safety measures, regardless of vaccination availability. When dealing with biological hazards at this level the use of a positive pressure personnel suit, with a segregated air supply is mandatory. The entrance and exit of a level four biolab will contain multiple showers, a vacuum room, an ultraviolet light room, and other safety precautions designed to destroy all traces of the biohazard.Multiple airlocks are employed and are electronically secured to prevent both doors from opening at the same time. All air and water service going to and coming from a biosafety level 4 (or P4) lab will undergo similar decontamination procedures to eliminate the possibility of an accidental release.

None of this is happening.

how do you know? What is your source on the quarantine level?

I doubt they are treating it as a BSL-2

#10 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

No vacuum room. No ultraviolet light room.

#11 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

So the hospitals have a vacuum room? No I don't think so.

#12 Posted by PurpleLabel (314 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

Who is letting this people in? The UK just let a so called 'British citizen' in. What I want to know is who is approving these infected people to be jetted into these countries? Who is letting these people in? In all new articles it just says they are coming WELL WHO MAKES THE DECISION!?

I'm surprised you even had to ask. It's the militarized globalists.

#13 Edited by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

@seahorse123 said:

Sources please?

#14 Posted by PurpleLabel (314 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@seahorse123 said:

@seahorse123 said:

Sources please?

www.infowars.com

#15 Posted by ferrari2001 (17405 posts) -

You are aware that to catch Ebola you have to come in direct contact with bodily fluid of the sick individual. The containment facilities in 1st world countries is more than sufficient to prevent the spread of the disease. Hell the 2 people with Ebola that we brought to America are already healed and have returned home to their daily lives. The risk of any significant spread of Ebola in first world nations is incredibly slim, nearly impossible.

#16 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@ferrari2001 said:

You are aware that to catch Ebola you have to come in direct contact with bodily fluid of the sick individual. The containment facilities in 1st world countries is more than sufficient to prevent the spread of the disease. Hell the 2 people with Ebola that we brought to America are already healed and have returned home to their daily lives. The risk of any significant spread of Ebola in first world nations is incredibly slim, nearly impossible.

Do you know if they were tested for the ability to spread ebola via sexual intercourse? even though they were treated

#17 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

Is this a vacuum room in the picture? http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/24/briton-with-ebola-flown-home-sierra-leone

The bed will be surrounded by a specially-designed tent with its own controlled ventilation system and the patient will be admitted through a specific hospital entrance. Waste is decontaminated and there is a dedicated laboratory to carry out tests. All the air leaving the unit is cleaned to minimise risk to anyone at the hospital, the hospital said.

- The Guardian

#18 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

Is this a vacuum room in the picture? http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/24/briton-with-ebola-flown-home-sierra-leone

The bed will be surrounded by a specially-designed tent with its own controlled ventilation system and the patient will be admitted through a specific hospital entrance. Waste is decontaminated and there is a dedicated laboratory to carry out tests. All the air leaving the unit is cleaned to minimise risk to anyone at the hospital, the hospital said.

- The Guardian

So your source is literally disproving your earlier statement.

Got it

/thread

#19 Posted by PurpleLabel (314 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@seahorse123 said:

- The Guardian

So your source is literally disproving your earlier statement.

Got it

/thread

I disagree.

#20 Edited by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

List of Bio Safety level facilities in the UK with Bio-Safety 4

Health Protection Agency's Centre for InfectionsUnited Kingdom, ColindaleLocated in the Viral Zoonosis unit.
National Institute for Medical ResearchUnited Kingdom, London[20]
Institute for Animal HealthUnited Kingdom, Pirbright
Institute for Animal Health Compton LaboratoryUnited Kingdom, Compton[21]
Defence Science and Technology LaboratoryUnited Kingdom, Porton Down
Health Protection AgencyUnited Kingdom, Porton DownSpecial Pathogens Reference Unit.
Health Protection AgencyUnited Kingdom, Porton DownBotulism.
Francis Crick Institute[22]United Kingdom, London

Instead he goes to- https://www.royalfree.nhs.uk/

#21 Posted by indzman (20191 posts) -

Is TC afraid he will catch Ebola? =P

#22 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

@lostrib: What do you mean? That shows the hospital and its limited facilities that they describe as being high quarantine with only level 3 bio-safety

Bio-Safety 3 describes the kind of diseases

which may cause serious or potentially lethal disease after inhalation

Bio Safety 4 describes the kind of diseases which is Ebola

high individual risk of aerosol-transmitted laboratory infections, agents which cause severe to fatal disease in humans for which vaccines or other treatments are not available

Source- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosafety_level

#23 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

@lostrib: This is all here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosafety_level

#24 Edited by lostrib (44041 posts) -
@seahorse123 said:

List of Bio Safety level facilities in the UK

Health Protection Agency's Centre for InfectionsUnited Kingdom, ColindaleLocated in the Viral Zoonosis unit.
Health Protection AgencyUnited Kingdom, Porton DownSpecial Pathogens Reference Unit.

Did you even look at the facilities you linked?

heck one of them isn't even open. and two are for farm animals. And another is a Defense and Security research lab.

They're research labs, not hospitals for patient treatment

#25 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

@lostrib: They need to be taken to these places because they are the only places in the UK with Level 4 Bio-Safety. They need to be adapted to take a patient.

#26 Edited by PurpleLabel (314 posts) -

@lostrib said:
@seahorse123 said:

List of Bio Safety level facilities in the UK

Did you even look at the facilities you linked?

heck one of them isn't even open. and two are for farm animals. And another is a Defense and Security research lab.

They're research labs, not hospitals for patient treatment

Why do you want ebola to spread all over so bad? You know it kills people right?

#27 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

@lostrib: What do you mean? That shows the hospital and its limited facilities that they describe as being high quarantine with only level 3 bio-safety

high individual risk of aerosol-transmitted laboratory infections, agents which cause severe to fatal disease in humans for which vaccines or other treatments are not available

@seahorse123 said:

I know what a biosafety level is. I'm a scientist

It gives guide lines for biocontainment for facilities working with biological agents

Still, your own link disproves what you stated

#28 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

Bio safety requirement for Ebola is a vacuum chamber

Wikidefinition a vacuum chamber is a rigid enclosure from which air and other gases are removed by a vacuum pump. This results in a low pressure environment within the chamber, commonly referred to as a vacuum.

Under Bio Safety 4 as a requirement

The entrance and exit of a level four biolab will contain multiple showers, a vacuum room, an ultraviolet light room, and other safety precautions designed to destroy all traces of the biohazard.

#29 Edited by PurpleLabel (314 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@seahorse123 said:

@seahorse123 said:

It gives guide lines for biocontainment for facilities working with biological agents

Post a picture of you in a lab coat, and then we'll believe you.

#30 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

@lostrib: They need to be taken to these places because they are the only places in the UK with Level 4 Bio-Safety. They need to be adapted to take a patient.

They're for research (and not even all of them for human research), they're not for treatment of patients.

The hospital already noted they built adequate biocontainment facilities at the hospital

#31 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9919 posts) -

LOL seahorse123 thread.

#32 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

@lostrib: They are not guidelines they are requirements

A biosafety level is a level of the biocontainment precautions required to isolate dangerous biological agents in an enclosed facility. The levels of containment range from the lowest biosafety level 1 (BSL-1) to the highest at level 4 (BSL-4). In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have specified these levels.[1] In theEuropean Union, the same biosafety levels are defined in a directive.[2]

#33 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@lostrib said:

I avoid posting personal information and personal pictures of myself on here as much as possible. And I prefer that a crazy like Seahorse not have that information. I worked on Salmonella as an undergrad, it's a BSL2 pathogen.

#34 Edited by PurpleLabel (314 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@purplelabel said:

@lostrib said:

I avoid posting personal information and personal pictures of myself on here as much as possible. And I prefer that a crazy like Seahorse not have that information. I worked on Salmonella as an undergrad, it's a BSL2 pathogen.

So you're the reason people got Salmonella. No wonder you won't post personal info.

#35 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

A biosafety level is a level of the biocontainment precautions required to isolate dangerous biological agents in an enclosed facility. The levels of containment range from the lowest biosafety level 1 (BSL-1) to the highest at level 4 (BSL-4). In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have specified these levels.[1] In theEuropean Union, the same biosafety levels are defined in a directive.[2]

yes, I know. You can stop spamming that link. I knew before you posted it

#36 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@lostrib said:

@purplelabel said:

So you're the reason people got Salmonella. No wonder you won't post personal info.

Well people still get Salmonella. but mostly I just gave it to mice

#37 Posted by PurpleLabel (314 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@seahorse123 said:

yes, I know. You can stop spamming that link. I knew before you posted it

Circumstantial.

#38 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

@lostrib: The hospital lies they don't have Bio safety level 4 required to contain a disease as Ebola. At most they have level 3 containment. They need to bring these people to bio-safety 4 facilities even when they are not hospitals.

#39 Posted by PurpleLabel (314 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

@lostrib: The hospital lies they don't have Bio safety level 4 required to contain a disease as Ebola. At most they have level 3 containment. They need to bring these people to bio-safety 4 facilities even when they are not hospitals.

Hospitals can't lie. It's against HIPAA

#40 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

BSL4 is for working with the pathogen. The BSL4 safety facilities are research labs, not set up for patient treatment. I've already told you this

#41 Edited by PurpleLabel (314 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@seahorse123 said:

BSL4 is for working with the pathogen. The BSL4 safety facilities are research labs, not set up for patient treatment. I've already told you this

Things have changed since you've been in the labs. They're setup for it, that's what he's saying and you're not getting it.

#42 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

Why the hell are you calling me crazy on this topic They don't have Bio-safety level 4 facilities when they should have because it is Ebola which comes under bio-safety 4 as a requirement.

#43 Edited by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@lostrib said:

Things have changed since you've been in the labs. They're not setup for it, that's what he's saying and you're not getting it.

I have no idea what you're trying to say

@purplelabel said:

@seahorse123 said:

I'm sure you're trolling, but he's been talking about the UK

#44 Posted by PurpleLabel (314 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

Why the hell are you calling me crazy on this topic They don't have Bio-safety level 4 facilities when they should have because it is Ebola which comes under bio-safety 4 as a requirement.

He's just out of date with his science credentials. It's not his fault.

#45 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

@lostrib: AGAIN I WILL SAY IT THEY ARE THE ONLY PLACES IN THE UK WHICH HAVE BIO-SAFETY LEVEL 4 FACILITIES.

#46 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

Because you have no idea what you're talking about

@purplelabel said:

@seahorse123 said:

He's just out of date with his science credentials. It's not his fault.

You also have no idea what you're talking about

Time for me to go do scientific research

#47 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

@lostrib: AGAIN I WILL SAY IT THEY ARE THE ONLY PLACES IN THE UK WHICH HAVE BIO-SAFETY LEVEL 4 FACILITIES.

You have no idea what you're talking about

Time for me to go do scientific research

#48 Posted by PurpleLabel (314 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@purplelabel said:

@lostrib said:

Things have changed since you've been in the labs. They're not setup for it, that's what he's saying and you're not getting it.

@purplelabel said:

@seahorse123 said:

I never troll. Wear my heart on my sleeve. I'm just trying to tell you that you're out of touch with current sciences.

#49 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@lostrib said:

@purplelabel said:

@lostrib said:

@purplelabel said:

@seahorse123 said:

I never troll. Wear my heart on my sleeve. I'm just trying to tell you that you're out of touch with current sciences.

I am currently a scientist

#50 Posted by PurpleLabel (314 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@purplelabel said:

@lostrib said:

@purplelabel said:

@lostrib said:

@purplelabel said:

@seahorse123 said:

I am currently a scientist

Might want to get re-certifed. Science changes fast, you gotta keep up man. What sea horse is saying is accurate.