EBOLA~ This isn't going well ~

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

You worried??

This whole thing (pick a country) is not being handled very well. The United States "plan" to screen people at the airports is to just aim a no touch thermometer at people and if you don't have a fever then you are good to go and have a nice day. WTF??????

The grave diggers in africa have gone on strike (over a hundred bucks) and they are just letting the bodies of the Ebola victims rot in the streets. Fucking craziness~

Not good~

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/10/07/why-new-airport-screening-still-cant-prevent-more-ebola-cases-in-the-u-s/

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

@GamingTitan:

you're right. every person entering the US should be subject to blood tests and full cavity searches. then placed in 21 day quarantine just to be extra safe.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@GamingTitan said:

You worried??

This whole thing (pick a country) is not being handled very well. The United States "plan" to screen people at the airports is to just aim a no touch thermometer at people and if you don't have a fever then you are good to go and have a nice day. WTF??????

The grave diggers in africa have gone on strike (over a hundred bucks) and they are just letting the bodies of the Ebola victims rot in the streets. Fucking craziness~

Not good~

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/10/07/why-new-airport-screening-still-cant-prevent-more-ebola-cases-in-the-u-s/

Nope.. Not at all.. People need to get some reality put in their face that if something like this worries you, you might as well not go out driving.. Because the possible car accident leading to your death is at much higher odds than you contracting a tropical disease that has only been able to spread to a few thousand in Africa (a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY REGION with zero sanitation and absolutely no education in awareness when it comes to stopping the spread of disease.)... We should also start worrying about flesh eating bacteria too, we get about a little less than a 1000 cases of it in the US per year.. Or hey why not influenza? That kills close to 20k in the US every year, sometimes more.

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

@GamingTitan:

you're right. every person entering the US should be subject to blood tests and full cavity searches. then placed in 21 day quarantine just to be extra safe.

cavity searches? I am not too worried about them hiding ebola in their ass. lol

I do agree that if you are coming from Africa right now then yeah, you should be quarantined for 21 days.

First and foremost though is they HAVE to get it contained and under control in Africa.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

What's all this hubbub about Ebola? Is it really going "viral"?

I have a severely bad association with Ebola in my memory. I remember when I was a kid reading the science textbook of my sister who was then a high school student. In the textbook was the photo of a man infected with the disease and an explanation regarding the symptoms and aggressiveness of the disease. Needless to say it was terrifying. I still feel this disconcerting fear whenever I read about the disease as I just did.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

@GamingTitan: Nah dude, containing ebola in Africa is racist.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#7 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

I wish people would take this more seriously, at worst this could be the new smallpox just without the vaccine

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

We should have little worry here in the U.S. If someone is coming from an Ebola infested part of African then they should definitely be screened but other than that we are pretty equipped here in the U.S. to prevent any sort of serious spread of Ebola. Remember in order to catch Ebola you have to come in contact with the bodily fluid of someone who has the symptoms of Ebola. If difficult to contain in Africa but should it come to U.S. we should be able to contain it with limited spread. I will agree the spread of Ebola is concerning but not to the point where those of us living here day to day have to be overly worried about it. More aid does however need to be sent to African to contain the spread there.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Not part of my worry pies

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

I do wish for things to turn around for the best though, and feel for

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

The US will be fine, Ebola isn't going to break out here. Lets outrage at the flu instead, going to claim more lives in a day in the US than Ebola will this entire year.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#12 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

America can't leave out viral threats coming from south of the boarder either.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

As someone else said, the flu will kill more people here in the States than ebola ever will.

This is like the swine flu panic all over again, except for the swine flu at least killed more people than ebola will, even if it wasn't as deadly as the regular strains of flu...

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14  Edited By Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

Just because the flu will kill more than Ebola will, it doesn't mean precautions shouldn't be taken. While new security measures are being scrutinized, it's good that preventative measures are being taken to lesson the chance of more cases of Ebola appearing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#15 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Still not cancelling my basketball practice =P

Kid_Black_Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#16 Kid_Black_Star
Member since 2009 • 506 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan: Don't Jinx it or we might have a plague on our hands.

edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts

As others mentioned already, the flu will kill way more. The vast majority of people need not worry.

Kid_Black_Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#18  Edited By Kid_Black_Star
Member since 2009 • 506 Posts

@GamingTitan: So I ran into this and it actually sums up how I feel upon the matter. No pun or jokes intended but this is pretty accurate

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Start of the apocalypse? I hope not. I'm ill prepared.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

Not worried at all myself, all of this is simply the media doin (yet again) what they do and tryin to create mass hysteria and scare the worlds populations.

Its nowhere near as big a problem as they would all have you believe so for the love of god use your own brains people and rise above the bullshit scare mongering and hysteria.

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

If people actually read the facts about ebola they would be freaking out. It's not airbourne, you can only get it from direct contact with bodily fluids (kind of like HIV). So unless you plan on screwing someone who recently went to Africa, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

@helwa1988 said:

If people actually read the facts about ebola they would be freaking out. It's not airbourne, you can only get it from direct contact with bodily fluids (kind of like HIV). So unless you plan on screwing someone who recently went to Africa, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Or sharing a drink, or sitting in a plane seat after someone with Ebola sat and sweated on the seat, or someone sneezing on you.. you don't just get it from having sex, that would be the least common way for it to spread.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Humanity needs a good plague to thin the herd out a bit.

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

so you want to watch the world burn?

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

As usual the Media is mostly to blame...

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

This picture sums it up perfectly:

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bforrester420

@rekthard said:

@bforrester420 said:

No, I don't 'want' anything. I simply think our population as a species is growing out of control and nature usually finds a way to rein that in.

Besides, if we were to encounter a big population killer, it probably won't be a virus like ebola but something from the pox or influenza family.

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

@rekthard said:

@bforrester420 said:

No, I don't 'want' anything. I simply think our population as a species is growing out of control and nature usually finds a way to rein that in.

Besides, if we were to encounter a big population killer, it probably won't be a virus like ebola but something from the pox or influenza family.

dude i was just joking :p

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GazaAli

@bforrester420 said:

@rekthard said:

@bforrester420 said:

Yea the population of the human species has gotten enormous. We definitely need a good old plague of some sort to thin out the population.

I wonder if you'd still look at your post with no dismay of any kind if you knew that this proposed plague would take you and/or your loved ones in its way. I can think of hundreds of ways to deal with the alleged overpopulation of the human species that do not include an Ebola epidemic and I can do that on the spot without breaking a mental sweat.

Some people have a weird fascination with wiping the earth of a part of its population (I'm not saying you're necessarily one of them).

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bforrester420

@GazaAli said:

@bforrester420 said:

@rekthard said:

@bforrester420 said:

Yea the population of the human species has gotten enormous. We definitely need a good old plague of some sort to thin out the population.

I wonder if you'd still look at your post with no dismay of any kind if you knew that this proposed plague would take you and/or your loved ones in its way.

Hey, I gotta go some way. Is it really any worse than slowly dying from cancer when I'm in my 80s? Life is cheap, I'm just not afraid to admit to it.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GazaAli

@bforrester420 said:

@GazaAli said:

@bforrester420 said:

@rekthard said:

@bforrester420 said:

I wonder if you'd still look at your post with no dismay of any kind if you knew that this proposed plague would take you and/or your loved ones in its way.

Hey, I gotta go some way. Is it really any worse than slowly dying from cancer when I'm in my 80s? Life is cheap, I'm just not afraid to admit to it.

So we should just commit mass suicide already? I think you're just being overly cynical right?

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

CDC is the last group of douchers I'd trust, they keep telling lies about what's happening regarding Ebola. They've already been caught hiding information on this.

It may not be as dangerous as the bullshit mass media makes it out to be but I trust none of them, just keep that shit out of America in every way possible. No need to bring weaponized viruses to the states.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@doozie78 said:

CDC is the last group of douchers I'd trust, they keep telling lies about what's happening regarding Ebola. They've already been caught hiding information on this.

It may not be as dangerous as the bullshit mass media makes it out to be but I trust none of them, just keep that shit out of America in every way possible. No need to bring weaponized viruses to the states.

what in the hell are you talking about?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bforrester420

@GazaAli said:

@bforrester420 said:

So we should just commit mass suicide already? I think you're just being overly cynical right?

I think you're taking it a bit too far there. Am I being callous? Yes, but it's also somewhat pragmatic. We live and we die, but our time in life is pretty much controlled by the cosmic flip of the dice. I'm not going to spend my time worrying about when and how I go.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

@GamingTitan:

thread shut down

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

@rekthard said:

@bforrester420 said:

Only if you think in the incredibly limited scope of our current system. Living space on earth is abundant and so are its resources, we're just occupying a little slice of it in shitty apartment buildings and burning resources like mad.

And I definitely look at ebola like another BS scare tactic.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

what i think is that one day the news is going to say everything is fine and there is nothing to worry about and at that point we will know we are truly fucked.

as long as the news is telling us to run for the hills from this imminent apocalypse we are fine.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@rekthard said:

@bforrester420 said:

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Naw. If somehow ebola or a new virus starts reanimating the dead, that's when I'll begin to worry.

JyePhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 JyePhye
Member since 2004 • 6173 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:

This picture sums it up perfectly:

Nah man we should all be like the genius who made this thread and totally just freak the **** out instead, that'll definitely make things better

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

not worried because I don't often exchange bodily fluids with sick strangers.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

I think you can get it by touching..

thatnordicguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thatnordicguy
Member since 2014 • 150 Posts

As long as you're not living in West Africa, licking every person that seems sick there then you're fine. Stop this.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45  Edited By TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@rekthard said:

@bforrester420 said:

I do.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pyro1245

@Dogswithguns said:

@pyro1245 said:

I think you can get it by touching..

yeah touching fluids ...i guess it's really a one way exchange

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

Well then sir I would have to say that you are missing out!

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#48 WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

If you think that world is getting better you are deluded.

Unemployment rising.

Nuclear war threat rising.

Disease threat rising.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pyro1245

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@pyro1245 said:

Well then sir I would have to say that you are missing out!

I know and I'm not even that healthy :(

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Tries nots to get ebola plz ty.