EBgames vs. Gamestop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by yankeeologist (83 posts) -
If I want to sell my old PS2 games (or Gamecube or xbox), where is the best place to sell them. I recently went to EBgames and sold my first video games and got a small amount back, which only went to the game I planned to buy. WHICH IS BETTER AND WHY?!?!
#2 Posted by web966 (11655 posts) -
They are the same store
#3 Posted by MoldOnHold (11760 posts) -

Aren't they the same thing? >_>

Gamestop bought out EB I think.

#4 Posted by gameguy6700 (12197 posts) -

Gamestop and EB are the same store. Gamestop bought out EBgames years ago.

Also, trade-in values are going to be crap no matter where you go. Trading-in is a scam. You could easily get 10x the amount a store gives you for trading in if you sell on ebay.

#5 Posted by ferrari2001 (17398 posts) -
Sell your games on Ebay, I bet you get more for them that way.
#6 Posted by SpaceMoose (10788 posts) -

Yes, Gamestop owns them now. They haven't changed the name on all of them yet.

Just put the stuff up on eBay or something. Before I do that, I always check closed auctions to see how much the items in question are typically selling for.

#7 Posted by teh_destroyer (35328 posts) -

Aren't they the same thing? >_>

Gamestop bought out EB I think.

MoldOnHold
yes they did,eb games has been removed.
#8 Posted by jensen_slipknot (2559 posts) -
They are both the same.
#9 Posted by COKTAL (622 posts) -
Since they're the same store, you probably will get the same amount of money back. I turned in about 3-4 GBA games and only got about $20 for them. But this was last year, and the games were some of the newer ones.
#10 Posted by OfficialBed (16873 posts) -
same company...and don't trade-in/sell games
#11 Posted by Gummybear_Qc (25 posts) -
Its false saying you will get the same thing, everything depends on the quantity of the item your trying to return that they have in-store and depending the game value,
#12 Posted by Kcinz (810 posts) -
EBGames and Gamestop are the same store with different names.
#13 Posted by kris9031998 (7554 posts) -
Its false saying you will get the same thing, everything depends on the quantity of the item your trying to return that they have in-store and depending the game value,Gummybear_Qc
THIS THREAD IS FROM 2008 God. You ask me why i hate new guys...
#14 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Sell them on craigs/Amazon.
#15 Posted by Steameffekt (4950 posts) -

Die zombie thread!

#16 Posted by mitu123 (154668 posts) -

Its false saying you will get the same thing, everything depends on the quantity of the item your trying to return that they have in-store and depending the game value,Gummybear_Qc
Stop bumping topics.

#17 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152919 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gummybear_Qc"]Its false saying you will get the same thing, everything depends on the quantity of the item your trying to return that they have in-store and depending the game value,kris9031998
THIS THREAD IS FROM 2008 God. You ask me why i hate new guys...

:lol: Indeed this is so.

#18 Posted by Noteldnep (20167 posts) -
Why did you go all the way back to a thread from 2008 to bump it? Just curious, not many people scroll that many pages back.
#19 Posted by Steameffekt (4950 posts) -
[QUOTE="Gummybear_Qc"]Its false saying you will get the same thing, everything depends on the quantity of the item your trying to return that they have in-store and depending the game value,Noteldnep
Why did you go all the way back to a thread from 2008 to bump it? Just curious, not many people scroll that many pages back.

Search function.