eBay Question Electronic Shipping Info Received??? for 7 DAYS!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BourneEnemy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BourneEnemy01
Member since 2009 • 705 Posts

ok so i purchased an item from a seller and prior to buying it he answered my questions when i asked about the item so i proceeded to buy it this was on September 10th he updated the shipping status with a delivery confirmation number on the 11 when i used it, it said Electronic Shipping Info Received i said whatever its too early for it to update ill wait a day NOW its the 19th and it still says Electronic Shipping Info Received here is all i see

Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on September 11, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

And to top it all off he doesn't answer me i sent him a message on the 15th,17th and the 19th and nothing

BUT here's the weird part he has 150 good feedback when i purchased from him, right after i bought from him he had another item listed that i was also interested in but before i bought that item someone else nabbed it, so me and that other person bought a item from him the same day. that person left him good feedback on the 16th which means he got it ??? why did he get his item first when we bought from him the same day and don't say maybe its because he lives closer to the seller because we both live in NYC (i spoke to the other buyer after he left him good feedback) so what is going on is this a scam? or did USPS lose my item? help me

hadoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hadoken
Member since 2003 • 2730 Posts
im pretty sure that means it has been shipped, but thats a useless tracking number which doesnt give you any information at all. ive got one like that before, all you have to do is wait
BourneEnemy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BourneEnemy01

im pretty sure that means it has been shipped, but thats a useless tracking number which doesnt give you any information at all. ive got one like that before, all you have to do is waithadoken
i hope it was shipped its just that he doesn't answer me, its like he disappeared or something and that other buyer got his item first than me and we live in the same city this is the first this happend to me.

hadoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hadoken
Member since 2003 • 2730 Posts
if you payed by paypal then you can open a case i think, but you should probably wait until the end of this week
BourneEnemy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BourneEnemy01

if you payed by paypal then you can open a case i think, but you should probably wait until the end of this weekhadoken
ok thanks for answering im going to wait till friday than thanks again

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
First-class mail can take awhile to arrive. On top of that, what you have is a DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER which is not to be confused with a TRACKING NUMBER. Delivery Confirmation usually only gets updated when USPS registers the number as belonging to a package and then once it's delivered. It's rarely updated any time between then. I've shipped items before with USPS and had multiple novice ebayers accuse me of scamming them because their numbers weren't ever updated. Then before I could respond both sent me back messages saying "nm it just arrived". It's really annoying. Anyway if you've sent him messages and you still don't have either a reply or a package one week from now I would open up a dispute. It should go pretty cleanly since you have a DCN that will show whether or not the package ever actually arrived.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
First-Class Mail has no tracking IIRC. USPS tracking sucks anyway.