Duty nurse who answered the phone for royal prank call found dead

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by wis3boi (31382 posts) -

Linky

The hospital nurse who put through a prank call to Kate Middleton's private nurse earlier this week has been found dead in a suspected suicide, the Daily Mail reports.

Jacintha Saldanha was found unconscious on Friday morning nearby King Edward VII Hospital in London, where she worked. A Scotland Yard spokesman said that the police were called and an ambulance arrived, but the woman was declared dead at the scene.

Well...that escalated quickly

#2 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

WTF, dam this dead wierd. Don't know whos worse the mainstream media or the Royal Family, both are just as bad as each other.

#3 Posted by Justinps2hero (2164 posts) -
Blimey, hope they told her it was a 'no biggie', certainly not worth harming ones-self over it. Sad news.
#4 Posted by comp_atkins (31432 posts) -
weird...
#5 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -

She killed herself over that?

#6 Posted by Alter_Echo (10722 posts) -

She was murdered by a covert extension of the Royal family and the suicide was staged. Probably.

#7 Posted by Masculus (2859 posts) -

Maybe she was "suicided".

I'm putting my tinfoil hat.

#8 Posted by -Exclusiive- (213 posts) -

Wow this is sad, can't imagine how people who did the prank call must feel.

#9 Posted by comp_atkins (31432 posts) -

-Exclusiive-
unemployed
#10 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
Horrible. :(

She killed herself over that?

JML897
Suicide is usually not for one single reason. Would guess it's a final straw type of thing.
#11 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Exclusiive-"]

comp_atkins
unemployed

They both deleted their Tw@tter accounts, must be a form of suicide in 2012 as well right?
#12 Posted by ButaDujo (331 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Exclusiive-"]

comp_atkins
unemployed

I feel awful for both parties, but this gave me a good chuckle.
#13 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
Hey, at least the lizard baby is doing well.
#14 Posted by Chevolutionary (23290 posts) -
Sad that this woman killed herself but the people all over the internet foaming at the mouth over the DJs need to get a grip. They needn't be fired, sent to the moon (for punishment) or raped to death by wolverines, as all this is an unfortunate but unforeseeable consequence of a joke.
#15 Posted by Obviously_Right (5097 posts) -

Hope those Australians can sleep at night.

#16 Posted by tomo90 (2244 posts) -

As far as I can tell the BBCARE NOT saying it's a suicide as of yet. I won't believe it's suicide until someone other than the Daily Mail says it is.

Sad news though regardless:(

#17 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Eh RIP

Must've been some other factors that lead to it.

#18 Posted by sonicare (53468 posts) -

Those damn aussies.

#19 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10136 posts) -
Okay, that's really weird...
#20 Posted by V4LENT1NE (12895 posts) -
The presenters should not be punished, it was just a joke, a stupid joke but why the hell would someone kill themselves over it. Its not their fault she decided to take her own life over a joke...
#21 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

-Exclusiive-

They'll be happy at the attention they are getting for themselves and the station, that is the same radio station that has done something similar before (got a 14 year old girl to admit to being abused on air).

#22 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

Sad that this woman killed herself but the people all over the internet foaming at the mouth over the DJs need to get a grip. They needn't be fired, sent to the moon (for punishment) or raped to death by wolverines, as all this is an unfortunate but unforeseeable consequence of a joke.Chevolutionary

Read my last post, it has happened before, it is how they operate, how they draw people in, how they gain publicity. The two DJs are responsible the same way their employers, the radio station, are responsible for vetting it and allowing this to happen and for it to be aired.

Also even AFTER thet knew the nurse was dead they were milking it by running an advertisement on their website for this "joke" and the two DJ's were still making jokes about it knowing the nurse had died.

#23 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
You don't f--- with the royal family or 007 gets on it.
#24 Posted by Bucked20 (6951 posts) -
Sh*t like this makes me think the illuminati real
#25 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

That's sad to hear. I'm guessing the embarrassment and the worry of consequence for what she did was too extreme for her, coupled in this case with other likely trauma.

#26 Posted by wis3boi (31382 posts) -

Sh*t like this makes me think the illuminati real Bucked20

:lol:

#27 Posted by Chicken453 (2038 posts) -
My mom told me about this, made me really sad :(
#28 Posted by Killzonage (408 posts) -
That is weird and terrible at the same time.
#29 Posted by mattisgod01 (3476 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chevolutionary"]Sad that this woman killed herself but the people all over the internet foaming at the mouth over the DJs need to get a grip. They needn't be fired, sent to the moon (for punishment) or raped to death by wolverines, as all this is an unfortunate but unforeseeable consequence of a joke.OmenUK

Read my last post, it has happened before, it is how they operate, how they draw people in, how they gain publicity. The two DJs are responsible the same way their employers, the radio station, are responsible for vetting it and allowing this to happen and for it to be aired.

Also even AFTER thet knew the nurse was dead they were milking it by running an advertisement on their website for this "joke" and the two DJ's were still making jokes about it knowing the nurse had died.

Do you have any evidence to back up those claims? Sure the station has done some questionable things before but you seem to be working on the assumption they intended for the joke to end this way. It was a prank with a tragic and unforeseen outcome. Most people didn't have an issue with the prank until now.

Why was the prank newsworthy to begin with? If not for the media and their warped sense of important issues know one outside of the select group of listeners in a city of a single country would have know about it, The media made this a big thing.

#30 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

[QUOTE="OmenUK"]

[QUOTE="Chevolutionary"]Sad that this woman killed herself but the people all over the internet foaming at the mouth over the DJs need to get a grip. They needn't be fired, sent to the moon (for punishment) or raped to death by wolverines, as all this is an unfortunate but unforeseeable consequence of a joke.mattisgod01

Do you have any evidence to back up those claims? Sure the station has done some questionable things before but you seem to be working on the assumption they intended for the joke to end this way. It was a prank with a tragic and unforeseen outcome. Most people didn't have an issue with the prank until now.

Why was the prank newsworthy to begin with? If not for the media and their warped sense of important issues know one outside of the select group of listeners in a city of a single country would have know about it, The media made this a big thing.

Do you're own research, there's plenty of articles about it happening, the two dj's got fired for it.

#31 Posted by October_Tide (5396 posts) -

olololololololtrolololololololtrololololololtolrolololololololol

Kind of random

#32 Posted by JohnF111 (14093 posts) -
The nurse gave out privileged information to just anyone who sounded plausible, I'm pretty certain there are rules against that, in fact I called up a hospital a year ago and couldn't get anything other than where my Auntie was and which room. I got nothing else, so I'm guessing the nurse was so stressed from working one of the most unappreciated jobs with low pay, long hours and tedious manual work that she knew she wouldn't get away with a slap on the wrist, probably fired. There is more to this than simply blaming it entirely on the DJ's for a thoughtless prank, they themselves admitted it was the easiest prank ever pulled, meaning they expected roadblocks and a wave of joking around with the nurse before getting any info if any at all.
#33 Posted by Treflis (11560 posts) -
I dunno...Kinda sounds a little strange that she'd kill herself over such a thing. Sounds a little..off