Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code) To Direct Warcraft movie - SlashFilm

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by biggest_loser (24043 posts) -

"The director of Moon is going to war. Duncan Jones, the director of Moon and Source Code, has just signed on to direct Warcraft, a movie based on the extremely popular Blizzard video game world Azeroth, featured in games such as Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, and World of Warcraft. Legendary Pictures has the license, and a script by Charles Leavitt (Blood Diamond)."

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/duncan-jones-to-direct-warcraft/ 

Did not see that coming. 

#2 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
Kind of intrigued.
#3 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -
This might be the best video game movie ever. Low bar, sure, but he's a really good director and there's enough material in the Warcraft universe that he can concentrate on a specific aspect of it and make a respectable film out of it. I haven't been a fan of Warcraft since WC3 but I'm interested in this
#4 Posted by Planeforger (15637 posts) -
I guess even really good directors have to sell out every once in a while.
#5 Posted by The__Kraken (851 posts) -

Source Code sucked, but Moon was great. This Warcraft movie has potential. However, I fully expect it to be as bad, if not worse, than Source Code, for reasons that deal with not wanting to get my hopes up, only to be disappointed.

#6 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14417 posts) -

At least there's someone decent as director.  I'm just wondering if people are still interested in a Warcraft movie at this point.

#7 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26165 posts) -
Prefer him doing his own 'original' films.