Dumbest/Weirdest thing someone's ever stolen from you?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

Back when I was in middle school, someone stole my PE shirt and sweater. Of all the things to steal, they stole the smelliest part of my PE uniform. I'd understand wanting to steal nice running shoes, but no, they took my shirt and sweater. And it was during the middle of the week so it had Monday and Tuesday's sweat and stank on it. How nasty.

Had people try to steal my lunch when my back was turned. Oddly enough, it was school lunch food so it wasn't even any good. I'd have shared with them if they just asked.

Also had the little lights in front of my house stolen. They were not expensive or nice lights.

Also had underwear stolen. Clean underwear :|

What about you OT? Ever had a "Why the hell would anyone want to steal that?" moment?

#2 Posted by Kage1 (6751 posts) -

Someone stole my AMC 1976 Gremlin once. I got it back though.

#3 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

A wolverine slammer (for pogs for the younger members). The kid said he'd pay me back with his allowance but never did. Why he couldn't just give me the fvcking slammer back is beyond me. 17 years later, I still remember it. :P

#4 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Back when I was in middle school, someone stole my PE shirt and sweater. Of all the things to steal, they stole the smelliest part of my PE uniform. I'd understand wanting to steal nice running shoes, but no, they took my shirt and sweater. And it was during the middle of the week so it had Monday and Tuesday's sweat and stank on it. How nasty.

Had people try to steal my lunch when my back was turned. Oddly enough, it was school lunch food so it wasn't even any good. I'd have shared with them if they just asked.

Also had the little lights in front of my house stolen. They were not expensive or nice lights.

What about you OT? Ever had a "Why the hell would anyone want to steal that?" moment?

Lucky_Krystal

I got my PE clothes stolen one also. People always got their PE stuff jacked and I don't get why.

#5 Posted by bloodling (5822 posts) -

Someone just grabbed my pack of cigarettes out of my hands and ran away. He didn't want me to get cancer I guess (I've stopped smoking since).

#6 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29392 posts) -
Not stolen really, but I managed to lose two glasses, a plate, a fork, and a knife in one of my friend's dorm rooms (over course of time, not all at once). Pretty sure other people took them by accident.
#7 Posted by The_High_Rule (15 posts) -
Someone tried to steal my virginity, luckily I caught them in the act!
#8 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -

I haven't had much stolen form me :P but back in middle school I remember a whole bunch of weirdos getting picked up by the police for stealing a canoe in the middle of winter xD I lived in a small town so everyone who didn't live under a rock knew by morning :lol:

They faced luls from everyone at school the next day

#9 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

I wouldn't say it was dumb or weird, but when someone broke in and stole my TV, two of the other items stolen were a Dale Earnhardt Case knife (left the case for it) and a Brickyard 400 Zippo (and again, left the tin it came in) from the second year when Dale Earnhardt won. The thief left the other Case knife that had Dale on it.

#10 Posted by Commander-Gree (4929 posts) -
I noticed yesterday that somebody stole the Eagles magnet off the back of my car. Happened to my mom too. Though with the way their season is going, I'm not that bothered right now...
#11 Posted by Bucked20 (6951 posts) -
Someone stole my gym sweats after I ran a mile in them and my shoe laces
#12 Posted by SilentFireX (1951 posts) -
My holographic Charizard card. >_< My friend at the time left my house after I showed him some of my cards, and I discovered my Charizard to be missing. I immediately went over to his house to ask if he'd accidentally taken it. He went to "go look" and came back, saying that he didn't have my card, but he did have one his "mom had just bought for him", but it couldn't be his, because his was torn... even though it was brand new. TL;DR ----- Friend stole my card. Confronted friend. Friend tore card to prove it was his new card and not mine. FML
#13 Posted by GazaAli (23004 posts) -
Pokemon posters
#14 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I noticed yesterday that somebody stole the Eagles magnet off the back of my car. Happened to my mom too. Though with the way their season is going, I'm not that bothered right now...Commander-Gree
I'm starting to hope someone steals the Cowboys sticker off my truck.

#15 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

[QUOTE="Commander-Gree"]I noticed yesterday that somebody stole the Eagles magnet off the back of my car. Happened to my mom too. Though with the way their season is going, I'm not that bothered right now...Pirate700

I'm starting to hope someone steals the Cowboys sticker off my truck.

:lol:

#16 Posted by michael_1234576 (8620 posts) -
probably my underwear as well
#17 Posted by brickdoctor (9746 posts) -

I have a science teacher who stole my catapult.

#18 Posted by gamefree2 (2073 posts) -
Yu-Gi-Oh cards.
#19 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Some good shiny pokemon cards.

#20 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

A lot of people lost there trading cards here. :P

#21 Posted by Allicrombie (25236 posts) -
My druggie cousin stole my prom dress, we think he had, "issues."
#22 Posted by GazaAli (23004 posts) -

A lot of people lost there trading cards here. :P

Pirate700
Being a kid and get your trading cards stolen sucks seriously.. It took me days to get over those Pokemon ones:P
#23 Posted by MgamerBD (17550 posts) -
My Old spice deodorant...
#24 Posted by konvikt_17 (22253 posts) -

got two of my shoes stolen.

had my normal shoes then my pe shoes. someone took one of each.

so had to walk around the rest of the day with two different shoes.:lol:

#25 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

konvikt_17

#26 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

Pirate700

#27 Posted by Installing (660 posts) -
So I'm woken up at six in the morning by a snapping sound and running of feet. I open the back door and see that someone has stolen one of my t-shirts that was hanging out to dry. The only thing I can think of is that someone got so drunk that they somehow ended up shirtless and took it out of desperation.
#28 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

My Old spice deodorant... MgamerBD

#29 Posted by Liam00148 (543 posts) -

Last year, I had a huge party at my house, when I woke up, someone had stolen ALL my socks.

ALL OF THEM

who? i don't know. why? i can't even begin to think about that.

#30 Posted by kriggy (845 posts) -

Hockey cards way back in the 90:s, some were pretty rare. I found out who did it the same day and took the rarest ones back in front of a teacher who approved it :)

#31 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4728 posts) -

Lucky_Krystal

Yeah, I've had my gym clothes stolen, too. It seems to happen to everyone.

Weirdest thing I've ever had stolen was when someone broke into my friend's car while we were in Walmart, ignored my iphone and his ipod, ignored the money I had in the door, and stole, of AAAAAAAAALL the things I had in his car that day, my hoodie and a pair of headphones.

Is still don't get it.

#32 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -

konvikt_17
Best prank ever o3o
#33 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

Some crappy computer game.....

#34 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

A picture I drew when I was younger of Red Eyes Black Dragon.

Honestly, what value would that have to anyone other than myself?

#35 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
My druggie cousin stole my prom dress, we think he had, "issues."Allicrombie
xD Did he ever wear it at least? I mean if he stole it, it must have bene for a purpose :P Don't take a dress if you don't intend to wear it! :P
#36 Posted by Rickettsia (213 posts) -

Lucky_Krystal
Erm you might be a kid but thats sounds sexy someones likes your stench hahahahah. I remember as a child i used to draw a lot and kids used to steal my artwork so i was very antisocial and overprotective when i was drawing. Then one day i got a notebook lost and i found it broken in the girls bathroom, all the pages tear up with rage. Later i got the news that the person responsable from it was someone that likes a kid who likes my art. i felt pretty bad and dissapointed about love why my notebook had to suffer, how that kid got my notebook without me noticing, oh my....
#37 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Someone tried to steal my virginity, luckily I caught them in the act!The_High_Rule

I was expecting this, but the second part made me rofl

#38 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -
A compass. Not even a nice one. I had it in my back pocket with my wallet in my front (with my hand over it because I know how crowds work in certain regions) and I guess the guy thought it was a money packet or something and took it. Dude was probably pissed when he realized it was like a $4 compass.
#39 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13094 posts) -

Someone stole my AMC 1976 Gremlin once. I got it back though.

Kage1

That was my first car. Damn...that fuzzy feeling.:oops:

When I was a kid I had a fire box I kept all my best baseball cards in (and a few Garbage Pail Kids cards) and someone stole it. I found it a week later in the woods, battered and scratched up but intact and unopened. Guess they didn't think that one through too well.

#40 Posted by soulless4now (41381 posts) -

Someone stole my kool-aid jammer in the girls locker room in 6th grade. It was pretty random.

#41 Posted by mindstorm (15242 posts) -
The first disc to Final Fantasy IX. I hope they played through the entire thing only to be disappointed when they couldn't continue the game.
#42 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34159 posts) -

last semester someone stole my laundry detergent from the laundry room in my dorm.

if they wanted to use mine while I was away, then whatever, but I don't see why they needed to just take it away. The person really didn't have a few bucks to spare to buy some themself? the again college kids aren't exactly known for always being logical...

#43 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

I've never had anything dumb stolen. What I've had stolen was an ipod, x360 game(x2), and multiple cigarette packs.

#44 Posted by 6_Dead_360s (1663 posts) -

A calculator in middle school. I knew who took it, but they denied it of course. I went into a 10 minute rant in the middle of class hoping to get them to confess, but they didn't.

Right before the next class, they showed up out of nowhere and handed it to me, not saying anything. I guess they realized I was prepared to go full blown psycho.

#45 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

A calculator in middle school. I knew who took it, but they denied it of course. I went into a 10 minute rant in the middle of class hoping to get them to confess, but they didn't.

Right before the next class, they showed up out of nowhere and handed it to me, not saying anything. I guess they realized I was prepared to go full blown psycho.

6_Dead_360s

:lol: at the bolded part.

Oh man this thread is deliveringthe lols

#46 Posted by Wiimotefan (4078 posts) -

Someone kicked in my door and stole 10 lbs of green while I was off delivering pizzas back in 03. It really sucked realizing that I lost an easy $10,000 just to make $80 in tips that night. But who knows, it could have been my life that was lost had I been home, so maybe it was for the better.

oh on a side note, someone broke into my sisters car the other day and stole some foreign currency.. apparently it was only worth 4 cents! lol

#47 Posted by ramealdabest (519 posts) -

The first disc to Final Fantasy IX. I hope they played through the entire thing only to be disappointed when they couldn't continue the game.mindstorm

LOL. How'd this situation come about? Did he/she break into your room and only steal 1 disc? Where the others somewhere else? I can imagine the thief being piiiiised. FFIX is one of my favourites and if it were me, I would've probably broken into your house again (assuming he did) and stolen the others :P

#48 Posted by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -
when I was selling someone on craigslist my bowflex, I put the damn LAT bar outside the entrance right in a corner where no one could see it. 15 minutes later i come back and some RETARD actually took it!! i couldnt believe that some random retard out of nowhere took my lat bar (the bar that you pull down for back exrecises) so I was forced to take $50 off the bowflex since it was my fault that they could no longer do back exercises
#49 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

I just remembered something else. Years ago when I was on GaiaOnline, one of my accounts got hacked and the person stole this little angelic scarf that you could put on your avatar. Seems like a pretty dumb reason to go through the trouble of hacking someone's account.