Dumbest things gamespot users say

• 58 results
#1 Posted by 10854 (108 posts) -

I thought it would be nice to have a place where we share the dumbest comments here on GS

#2 Posted by gamerguru100 (10502 posts) -

There's not enough space on the Internet to cover all the dumbest things said on GameSpot.

#3 Posted by KHAndAnime (13456 posts) -

I think I found that place.

#4 Edited by one_plum (6348 posts) -

Back when I used to read threads on System Wars, I remember a TC wrote some pro PS3 arguments and then wrote "/thread" on his original post.

I also remember another thread from SW. Another user wrote that Hitler and Einstein were from different periods.

#5 Posted by vfibsux (4205 posts) -

Anything typed by a liberal.

#6 Edited by Iszdope (9678 posts) -

wat

dafuq

Edit: I am disappoint.

#7 Posted by Korvus (3228 posts) -

So far the most shockingly ignorant posts I read in these forums were, and I paraphrase, "if you're trying to have sex with a woman and she's scared but didn't actually say no it's fair game because there is absolutely no way of knowing if a woman wants to have sex with you" closely followed by "NO is NO, no NO is YES" (yep, you got it, same thread).

Also like the whole "I hate people, can't stand them and I would kill them all if I could" and yet they hang around gaming forums, aspire to be internet personalities, etc.

And @KHAndAnime...yes, BRHD was at least semi-involved in both situations...go figure, huh? And he seems to have gathered some fans regarding the revolutionary ideas that when somebody hates on your race is racism, but when you do it it's self-defense, homosexuality is wrong and disgusting unless it's 2 girls and the aforementioned "I'll hang around GS forums until I find a way to exterminate the human race". OT would be so slow without these people...

#8 Posted by wis3boi (31118 posts) -

I was gonna say just go to system wars, but then I found a fine example of the topic's question in this very thread already -->

@vfibsux said:

#9 Edited by Jag85 (4396 posts) -

@wis3boi: Nice one. That is definitely the dumbest comment in this thread so far... although vfibsux has made similar comments in other threads before.

#10 Posted by thehig1 (1407 posts) -
#11 Posted by Korvus (3228 posts) -

@thehig1: He said he was going to leave GS...

#12 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

Go to system wars. That is the place for dumb comments.

#13 Edited by thehig1 (1407 posts) -

@korvus: oooh, shame I liked the guy to he wasn't so bad.

#14 Posted by Korvus (3228 posts) -

@thehig1: Yeah, sometimes he was entertaining, but I've read 4 or 5 things from him that makes me kind of glad he's gone.

#15 Posted by Iszdope (9678 posts) -

I AM NOT A TROLL!

#16 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1337 posts) -

My favourite has to be the classic I don't like this thread so I'm gonna post complaining how much I don't like it, that's so dumb. That's like ordering a Big Mac then complaining how you don't like meat. "I'm so sick of these top 10 games lists" Then fuck off and don't post in it you self absorbed fucktard.

#17 Posted by jasean79 (2359 posts) -

@vfibsux said:

That makes up about 93% of this forum's users.

#18 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6974 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

I AM NOT A TROLL!

YES YOU ARE!

#19 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -

Nothing to share, pretty much almost everything posted; but it was much worse in the old days. I read about people complaining about some type of pending system for post, but most of what people post on here is crazy anyways.

#20 Posted by brimmul777 (1139 posts) -

Anything involving the Playstation is better then the Xbox.

#21 Posted by playmynutz (5981 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@vfibsux said:

That makes up about 93% of this forum's users.

Screw the mainstream media liberals and their followers

#22 Edited by lostrib (34651 posts) -

Anything from @vfibsux

#23 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150374 posts) -

Anything involving the Playstation is better then the Xbox.

This post works....

#24 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26051 posts) -
#25 Posted by dave123321 (33794 posts) -

I mean blu ray was disturbed

#26 Edited by chaplainDMK (6743 posts) -

Generally if you click a random thread on system wars, read the OP or scroll down a bit, you'll find something so stupid your IQ will drop by a few points.

I vaguely remember this one dude that was arguing with everyone over how the PS3 is teh most powerzfullz thingz evah, and someone told him that how can it be the most powerful if it has 512mb of RAM. The guy than responded that "The PS3 doesn't need petty RAM because it has something they call BluRay, and it's 25x bigger than your 2 gigs of DD3 RAM".

That was about the point where I started questioning what am I exactly even doing in SystemWars, and I stopped hanging out there apart from the occasional check-in. But yeah, as Obi-Wan would say "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

#27 Posted by dave123321 (33794 posts) -

Post from ahugecat:

I disagree with multiculturalism because it's purpose is to eliminate the white race, not to make anything multicultural. The 1965 Immigration Act was created by a Jew, Emanuel Celler, for the sole purpose of allowing an invasion of non-whites to America.

White people are the Jews worst enemy, and they are doing a bang up job getting rid of us. Hitler tried to warn us but we didn't listen, instead we listened to the Jews and their little stories.

#28 Posted by GazaAli (22539 posts) -
Vfibsux' jingoist drivel.
#29 Posted by konvikt_17 (22171 posts) -

Rapeland comes to mind

#30 Edited by GazaAli (22539 posts) -

It appears it has somehow become trendy to hate BRHD and disparage the guy rather mercilessly. Did he say some stupid shit sometimes? An unequivocal yes. But he's not that outrageous and abhorrent. At least he made topics and generated much needed traffic. He introduced fresh value to the forums, regardless of whether you and I agree with the intellectual/moral characteristics of that value.

#31 Posted by dave123321 (33794 posts) -

@GazaAli: bluray wasn't a very good guy.

#32 Edited by GazaAli (22539 posts) -

@GazaAli: bluray wasn't a very good guy.

Which is not really a precedence of any sort as the forums have their share of shit users.

#33 Posted by dave123321 (33794 posts) -

@GazaAli: I mean he would post stuff like this:

I've done worse to animals. I once sprayed my sister's pet parrot with pam cooking spray. My sister came to the conclusion that it was sick when she saw it. She called a vet and described the parrot's shiny, moistened appearance. The vet said it had a cold and to keep it warm. My sister placed its cage on the heat radiator, and the bird wound up dying. I felt no remorse. On other occasions, I've swung cats by their tails, beat them with sticks, and frightened them to the point that they literally pooped themselves. I guess I'm a horrible person.

#34 Edited by dave123321 (33794 posts) -

He was a shitty person who said some shitty things about people and women in general.

But but but but I was very kind and accommodating to him. I saw what he offered and what he provided.

But but but but

Given the awfulness of his views and ideas, I'm not going to try to convince anyone that they should have done what I did. What they did is perfectly valid and understandable

Also also also

I don't get why people seem to think that we should treat the opions of others with respect regardless with how awful they simply because we should respect their right to have those opinions.

Yes they have the right to say whatever. We respect that right. But that shouldn't extend to treating their ideas or actions with a respect they don't deserve.

#35 Posted by GazaAli (22539 posts) -

He was a shitty person who said some shitty things about people and women in general.

But but but but I was very kind and accommodating to him. I saw what he offered and what he provided.

But but but but

Given the awfulness of his views and ideas, I'm not going to try to convince anyone that they should have done what I did. What they did is perfectly valid and understandable

I think this right there is the whole thing in a nutshell.

On a separate note, you reminded me of that post. It's probably the most disturbing shit he ever posted even though he posted some other seriously disturbed shit.

#36 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

@GazaAli: I mean he would post stuff like this:

I've done worse to animals. I once sprayed my sister's pet parrot with pam cooking spray. My sister came to the conclusion that it was sick when she saw it. She called a vet and described the parrot's shiny, moistened appearance. The vet said it had a cold and to keep it warm. My sister placed its cage on the heat radiator, and the bird wound up dying. I felt no remorse. On other occasions, I've swung cats by their tails, beat them with sticks, and frightened them to the point that they literally pooped themselves. I guess I'm a horrible person.

He really did all that stuff? That arsehole.

#37 Posted by GazaAli (22539 posts) -

I'm starting to wonder if you Dave have been building digital dossiers for OTers, or do you have that good of a memory and/or searching skills?

#38 Posted by dave123321 (33794 posts) -

I just googled blurayhidef cat parrot

And memory stuff

#39 Edited by 187umKILLAH (1337 posts) -

@SaintLeonidas said:

@187umKILLAH: Nice avy.

Right back at ya! R.I.P. Rik Mayall, I felt a bit of my childhood disappear with his passing. The Young Ones and Bottom are my all time favourite comedy series, dude was a comic genius.

#40 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20034 posts) -

People love to hate on System Wars here, but when I read what sums up to be sheer stupidity here in OT about genuinely valuable and serious topics .e.g religion, sex, politics, I am far more worried. Seriously, a foolish comment about gaming systems provides laughs and merriment, whereas a daft comment about the aforementioned topics makes me worry for the future of many here.

#41 Edited by Kevlar101 (6075 posts) -

There are so many idiots. 95% of everybody is an idiot in some way.

#42 Posted by Master_Live (14199 posts) -

I gotta question why some of you guys come here to OT. I come here to have fun, sure we can talk policy and serious issues too, but the main purpose, for me, is to relax and decompress. The way some of you have been harping on BluRayHiDef is ridiculous. Did he sometimes said controversial/stupid things, sure, but few or any other user brought more entertainment to OT than BluRayHiDef. Why so cereal OT?

#43 Posted by konvikt_17 (22171 posts) -

^ i pretty much come here out of habit honestly.

dont get me wrong, i do enjoy this place, but its just so dead that i can go days without coming here, and not miss anything.

after a few years of OT being the only forum i posted in, it just became second nature to come to OT.

#44 Posted by CyberLips (1821 posts) -
#45 Posted by CyberLips (1821 posts) -

@10854 said:

I thought it would be nice to have a place where we share the dumbest comments here on GS

On topic, someone on SW said that the PS4 is selling more because the PS3 sucked so much and everyone is trading theirs in.

#46 Posted by hippiesanta (9812 posts) -

I gotta question why some of you guys come here to OT. I come here to have fun, sure we can talk policy and serious issues too, but the main purpose, for me, is to relax and decompress. The way some of you have been harping on BluRayHiDef is ridiculous. Did he sometimes said controversial/stupid things, sure, but few or any other user brought more entertainment to OT than BluRayHiDef. Why so cereal OT?

I'm with you

#47 Posted by Iszdope (9678 posts) -
#48 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9520 posts) -
#49 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1748 posts) -

Insults and personal attacks.

#50 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3485 posts) -

That thread from a while back on medicare covering Gender Reassignment Surgery had some really dumb things said.