Dubstep and your fear of what is Inevitable.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ZX81plus3 (181 posts) -

They always prophecised that London would be the birthplace of the virus that infected the world. In the future all music will feature heavy bass drops featuring triplets. All you can do is lay back and accept it. There is literally nothing you can do to prevent total Dubstep domination from occuring worldwide.

It will infect ourMovies...

It will infect ourVideogames...

It will infect ourAdverts...

[spoiler] Are you worried that you or your family might be infected? To test yourself and others, go to Youtube and type in your or your friends favorite artists name followed by "dubstep remix" and see how many results come up. The more results, the more infected you or they are. [/spoiler]

#2 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23863 posts) -

whats wrong with dubstep?

i'm more into dnb though

#3 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

i'm more into dnb though

JigglyWiggly_

I love Drum and Bass, hate dubstep, but I was brought up on a diet of Jungle in the 90's.

#4 Posted by toast_burner (22627 posts) -

Dubstep is great

#5 Posted by ZX81plus3 (181 posts) -

JigglyWiggly_

Nothing. I was gonna post a Dubstep appreciation thread and got bored halfway through. :P

I was brought up on a diet of Jungle in the 90's.

True_Chaos_UK

Eh. I just like this.

#6 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -
I don't mind it at all
#7 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10357 posts) -

acually OT is the only place that dubstep still gets that much of hate from. so i think most folks has accepted it already.

#8 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -
I really don't mind dub step in small doses.
#9 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Dubstep is just new, and when it comes to music nobody can ever agree, especially on new music.

But I like it, depending on whose music it is.

#10 Posted by sukraj (23979 posts) -

me like a bit of dubstep.

#11 Posted by achilles614 (4878 posts) -
I really dislike dubstep
#12 Posted by Ballroompirate (23743 posts) -

Some dubstep is alright like VG remixes, also like dubstep and Lindsey Stirling which is a nice combination.

#13 Posted by organic_machine (9699 posts) -

Well my favorite genre is already dead so I don't really worry about dubstep infusing with it. :P

#14 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
I don't mind dubstep, but it's certainly not the best genre out there.
#15 Posted by Overlord93 (12602 posts) -
God forbid that music might evolve and change.
#16 Posted by Horgen (111188 posts) -
Hey I like that Requiem for a dream remix.
#17 Posted by Celldrax (14807 posts) -

Most of my friends are metalheads. No worries there :P

I don't have much of an opinion to form on dubstep though, as I haven't really heard that much. So I can't rightly say that I hate it or anything.....I just don't have the interest to listen to it (or most other genres for that matter...).

#18 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -
My only issue with dub step is the tons of wannabe tracks which is just one note that just goes Wub wub wubub wub. I Like Nero... well doomsday, the drop on that is great and kill the noise is okay though I prefer the non-dubstep segments. out of a few bands I don't really go into dubstep.
#19 Posted by turtlethetaffer (17198 posts) -

All of the Dubstep that I've heard has consisted of bass drops, so I hate Dubstep with a passion.

#20 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

The only issue with dubstep is that it makes the chord loops obvious; at least that's what I don't like.

#21 Posted by CRS98 (9036 posts) -
Nope, no one has infected Gorod, Death, Pestilence, Bolt Thrower, or Immortal yet. Some of my friends have sh-tty taste in music, so it's inevitable for them.
#22 Posted by o0squishy0o (2774 posts) -

With all sorts of music you can always find some good stuff, the majority however is usually awful. Dubstep in my opinion went out like 2 or 3 years ago. I can remember driving back home with zane lowe on in the car and he was saying "this is it, the dubstep arival, its going to take over the world, dubstep is for all the old jungle cats to come out and remix some beats..." etc etc etc etc. Basically someone decided to remix a bunch of songs with the flavour of "wub wub wub WAAARRRHHHBBBBBBB WAAARRRRRBBB" and then everyone was like "omgs this is sooooooo kewl" and then everyone got over it when skrillex came out, did his "OH MAH GAWD" the end.

Its boring and so incredibly generic. There is little dynamics and the production is usally piss poor. The best music comes from actual instruments. Sure you can mix in some strange electro stuff but nothing comes close to a tight ass band.

#23 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1633 posts) -
I'm iffy on dubstep, I like some and dislike others :P It's just that there are too many people who put a few filters on a song and call it dubstep genius :P I see so much of it on youtube that I've come to not care for it at all, but I will enjoy a Skrillex (spelling?) song every once in a while
#24 Posted by redstorm72 (4631 posts) -

Call me crazy but I really dislike dubstep. I prefer music with lyrics and vocals that actually seem to mean something to the person who wrote/sang them. A techno beat ("wub, wub, wub") with the occasional vocal lifted from another song just doesn't do it for me.

#25 Posted by konvikt_17 (22370 posts) -

It will infect ourMovies...

It will infect ourVideogames...

It will infect ourAdverts...

ZX81plus3

first link was pretty awesome. great rendition of Lux Aeterna in my opinion

second one was pretty cool.

i like the third one also.