Du Pont heir rapes toddler daughter, spared prison

• 49 results
#1 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12645 posts) -

Story

Richards is a great-grandson of the chemical magnate Irenee du Pont.

He received an eight-year prison sentence in 2009 for raping his toddler daughter, but the sentencing order signed by a Delaware judge said "defendant will not fare well" in prison and the eight years were suspended.

________________________________________________________________________________

More proof of the dual justice system in the US. Money talks, hunh?

#2 Posted by Aljosa23 (24280 posts) -

Sad but true. If you're rich (extra points if you're also white) you can easily beat the system.

#3 Edited by The-Apostle (12104 posts) -
@Aljosa23 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

Sad but true. If you're rich (extra points if you're also white) you can easily beat the system.

Stop being racist... >_>

#4 Posted by Sword-Demon (6871 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

Stop being racist... >_>

pointing out racism in the judicial system (that certainly does exist) isn't racist..

#5 Posted by NotABox (7 posts) -

That whole situation sickens me. Let them throw that baby raper in jail so he can be someone else's "baby".

#6 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1743 posts) -

I felt defeated after reading that topic title. Just helpless. The fact that that sentence could be conjured sickens me.

#7 Posted by foxhound_fox (86836 posts) -

Raping his toddler daughter?

Yeah, he would have ended up dead on his first day in prison.

#8 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14257 posts) -

There are no words that properly describe how insane this is.

#9 Posted by lostrib (31473 posts) -

It sounds like he was given a plea bargain:

"In this particular case, the facts and circumstances made it unlikely that a conviction could be secured at trial. ...This resolution protected the victim and imposed conditions that would make it less likely the defendant could harm others."

#10 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14257 posts) -

@lostrib said:

"In this particular case, the facts and circumstances made it unlikely that a conviction could be secured at trial. ...This resolution protected the victim and imposed conditions that would make it less likely the defendant could harm others."

Judging from the story, it seems all he got was probation, and has to register as a sex offender. If they thought that the "defendant could not fare well in prison" for whatever jacked up reasoning they had, you would think AT THE VERY LEAST sentence him to house arrest or something.

#11 Posted by lostrib (31473 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Judging from the story, it seems all he got was probation, and has to register as a sex offender. If they thought that the "defendant could not fare well in prison" for whatever jacked up reasoning they had, you would think AT THE VERY LEAST sentence him to house arrest or something.

I guess we would need the facts of the case, I mean this story is just based on pretty much one line from a legal document. That quote makes it sound like this was some sort of plea deal for a weak case

#12 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3675 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

Stop being racist... >_>

you're a birther....

pot calling the kettle black.

#13 Posted by The-Apostle (12104 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:
@Aljosa23 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

Stop being racist... >_>

you're a birther....

Not for racist reasons...

#14 Posted by indzman (16396 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

#15 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3675 posts) -

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@The-Apostle said:
@Aljosa23 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

Stop being racist... >_>

you're a birther....

Not for racist reasons...

sure

#16 Edited by lamprey263 (22419 posts) -

this is as horrible as a decision as that kid with the affluenza defense who got off his drunk driving vehicular manslaughter charge

#17 Posted by ShadowJax04 (3344 posts) -

No chance at rehabilitation, no justice.. in all, disappointing news. Reminds me why I don't watch the noose anymoore.

#18 Edited by Ariabed (1094 posts) -

Wow so much for protecting our youth, next time he might end up killing some poor child.

He took away the child's innocents, he should be severely punished.

This just sends out a message that if your tremendously wealthy you can get away with anything.

#19 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

Reminds me of the case with the pretty blond teacher who raped one of her students. The judge said she was too pretty for prison.

Shit like that and this is why I don't vote anymore. I honestly wouldn't mind if the US crashed and burned...

#20 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149455 posts) -
@lostrib said:

Yeah after reading the article it seems it wasn't a case that went to trial.

#21 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3675 posts) -

@ariabed said:

Wow so much for protecting our youth, next time he might end up killing some poor child.

He took away the child's innocents, he should be severely punished.

This just sends out a message that if your tremendously wealthy you can get away with anything.

*cough* OJ *cough* Michael Jackson *cough*

#22 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5060 posts) -

Humans are... FUCKING. SHIT.

#23 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (16964 posts) -

Shit like that and this is why I don't vote anymore. I honestly wouldn't mind if the US crashed and burned...

#24 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20018 posts) -
@Aljosa23 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

Where's that fellow that loves to defend rich people here in OT? gerg or something. He would have a ball here.

#25 Posted by Iszdope (9395 posts) -

Bollocks.

#26 Posted by EatShanna (875 posts) -

Where's The Punisher when you need him.

Scum like him should have their genitals ripped off by Bruce Willis.

#27 Edited by XilePrincess (13096 posts) -

That's fine. People outside prisons have more guns and I'm sure there'll be a lot of itchy trigger fingers no matter where he goes.

#28 Posted by one_plum (6299 posts) -

When they told me justice is blind, I didn't think they were talking about this kind of blindness.

#29 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (16964 posts) -

That's fine. People outside prisons have more guns and I'm sure there'll be a lot of itchy trigger fingers no matter where he goes.

Yes but inside prison he could get a nice taste of his own medicine and STILL get taken out, albeit in a slower and more brutal fashion!

#30 Edited by Korvus (2341 posts) -

Absolutely disgusting...

#31 Posted by Solaryellow (422 posts) -

Hopefully he will suffer an agonizing and painful death.

#32 Posted by comp_atkins (31109 posts) -

Reminds me of the case with the pretty blond teacher who raped one of her students. The judge said she was too pretty for prison.

lol.. that seems like a rather severe conclusion to come to based off a few fucked up court cases...

#33 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

Man the perks of being super rich are innumerable.

#34 Posted by indzman (16396 posts) -

What kind of man rapes his own toddler daughter ??? Its not about being rich or poor , its about being insane 100 %. This guy should be sent to mental asylum as his mental condition is completely fvked up. He needs treatment :(

#35 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

lol.. that seems like a rather severe conclusion to come to based off a few fucked up court cases...

Yes, because those couple of court cases are the only problems we have in the good ole US of A. As far as me not voting... I've come to the conclusion that there are no true differences between the liberals and conservatives in our government. The almighty dollar is THE ONLY thing that matter in regards to "justice" and "freedom" in a capitalistic society.

#36 Posted by bforrester420 (1003 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

Stop being racist... >_>

So pointing out racism is racist?

#37 Posted by The-Apostle (12104 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:
@Aljosa23 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

Stop being racist... >_>

So pointing out racism is racist?

Not by itself, but doing so on a constant basis (Al Sharpton) sure is.

#38 Posted by Dogswithguns (10666 posts) -

@indzman said:

What kind of man rapes his own toddler daughter ??? Its not about being rich or poor , its about being insane 100 %. This guy should be sent to mental asylum as his mental condition is completely fvked up. He needs treatment :(

He needs to go to hell..

#39 Posted by HailtotheQueen (156 posts) -

Raping his toddler daughter?

Yeah, he would have ended up dead on his first day in prison.

What a shame that would be.... He should be treated the same way as anyone else. If a poor person did what he did, they would end up in prison regardless of what may or may not happen to them in there.

#40 Posted by comp_atkins (31109 posts) -

@comp_atkins said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Yes, because those couple of court cases are the only problems we have in the good ole US of A. As far as me not voting... I've come to the conclusion that there are no true differences between the liberals and conservatives in our government. The almighty dollar is THE ONLY thing that matter in regards to "justice" and "freedom" in a capitalistic society.

so it would be cool w/ you if the country "crashed and burned" because the countries has some problems?

#41 Posted by gamerguru100 (10390 posts) -
#42 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

@comp_atkins said:

@Bigboi500 said:

so it would be cool w/ you if the country "crashed and burned" because the countries has some problems?

The US government bails out rich wall street while 47 million Americans struggle with poverty and hunger. Conservatives push to cut out SS and SNAP benefits, aka "the safety net" for the poor. The infra-structure of the country is crumbling while we send tax dollars to foreign countries and occupy them with our military, no jobs for millions of Americans, gangs have taken over neighborhoods and cities, crazies shoot up movie theaters and universities almost daily. That's a lot more than "some problems".

So yes, I'd be cool with seeing our economy implode and the rich have their money become useless so they could experience those problems like the rest of every day people.

#43 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3675 posts) -

I feel like this is only going to get worse as time goes on, and we'll start to see these stories increasingly common the way the right is setting up the rich on a higher level than everybody else.

#44 Edited by SaintLeonidas (25687 posts) -

#45 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16378 posts) -

Another win for batshit lunacy and poor lawmaking.

#47 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6688 posts) -

"defendant will not fare well"

Jeez, if that isn't justice I don't know what is.

#48 Edited by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

Leave him alone, hes a job creator, just be grateful hes raping babies in 'murica and paying your taxes.

/conservatism

#49 Posted by SpartanMSU (3429 posts) -

@MakeMeaSammitch: How does this have anything to do with being rich? Did you read the article? Can you actually read?

#50 Posted by Sword-Demon (6871 posts) -

the sentencing order signed by a Delaware judge said "defendant will not fare well" in prison

Article

Isn't the whole point of prison that they're not supposed to fare well?

It's fucking prison, not a 5-star hotel.